Vitamin B5

Vitamin B5 Reviews

Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid).

AWESOME FOR OILY SKIN !

Ive just registered here to tell you that vitamin b5 is a miracle and must have if you have oily and acne prone skin !! Ive had very very very oily skin after my acne treatment full of antibiotics creams, ive had enormous big pores, im taking 2g-4g of vitamin b5 daily and my skin hasnt been soo great looking for years !! If you have big pores and acne - oily face is causing it and vitamin b5 can control and reduce it !!!! Thats why aroccutane is working, not because its something special, its just drying your skin, and here you have vit b5 with the same results and without side effects. I hope it have long time effect. Im taking it second month and it is a big improvement so give it a try !!! One negative is that you need to take high dosage so prepare your wallets :) You can find some b5 on ebay for 11-12euro. E: No hair loss for me

Comments

works very good and is cheap

I have been taking b-5 for the last 8 months and it works very good. I take 4- 500mg pills a day and it has made my skin less oily than it has ever been and I am not getting cystic acne anymore. You can get a bottle of 250 pills for $13 on Amazon and it is well worth it. I have not had any negative side effects from it either.

It works

B5 helped clear my acne when I was younger, then I stopped taking it, but slowly the acne came back. Started it again and it cleared my cystic acne for 8 months until I by accident took flax seed which caused me to break out again. I do get concerned that it'll cause depletion of other B vitamins, especially Biotin. I've had my blood checked a few times and at least B12 and folate are within the normal range.

Works for me

As advised by Winged Serpent in his post, "how I cleared my acne after 26 years", I take 500mg sustained release. I take 1 morning and night- with meal. Also at the same time I take 500 mg L- Carnatine. Also drink lots of water, and juice (fresh- like sweet potato, cucumber, celery...) every morning. However, the juicing and water alone didn't work. It wasn't till I started the Pantothenic Acid -timed release -and the L-Carnatine that my acne cleared. After 25+ years!!

Comments

MUST try! When nothing else worked, I discovered this!

Do try it: after doing antibiotics for some time (killed my stomach and didn't help), duac, tezorac, etc you name it, I accidentally came across this vitamin and my skin is finally getting back to normal!!! I'm in my 30 and always had problems with acne but two years ago, something out normal happened: the breakouts were all over my face, very painful and never ending. I tried both dermatologists and natural remedies - all in vain. My goal at that point was just to contain them, knowing perfectly well that my face will never look the same. But 6 months ago, I first tried the regimen: cleaanser and benzoyl peroxide are great but moisturizer stings like hell and doesn't help with dryness. My skin was getting better or rather under control BUT it is only when I started taking 4x500mg of Pantothenic Acid (B5) I stopped having new break outs!!! Right now, I use [link removed] cleanser, peroxide, Glycolic acid moisturizer (works great) + 2-4 capsules of 500mg of Panthothenic Acid. I still have occasional break outs BUT considering how bad it was, I consider this a miracle. All of my friends tactfully notice that my skin has gotten so much better, although I still have all the scars! I'm working on it now but at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel! DO TRY this vitamin. I've read the reviews and was concerned about the hair loss. I was willing to take my chances and I'm GLAD I did. No side affects! I try to minimize the dosage now when I'm doing better but still afraid to stop taking it altogether (I'm that paranoid of acne coming back!) Hope it'll help you as well!

best treatment I ever tried

I have never made a review about any acne product. I never even heard about B5 until a month ago so I decided to try it and It was the best treatment I ever tried by far. I had just tried retin-a and it was awful. I always only had mild acne but after trying retin-a I had the worst acne I ever had in my life. After 8 weeks of retin-a I gave up. It just never got any better and seemed to get even worse every week. I then switched to Pantothenic acid and it was the best thing I ever did. After 1 month, my skin is clearer than it's ever been. I'm amazed. After 20 years of trying every topical treatment you can think of, B5 is the first oral treatment I tried and so far it's the only thing that ever worked. I had a bump on the side of my face that had been there for years. It was just a bump, it was never red or all that noticeable but if I squeezed it some sebum would come out. It was pretty benign so I ignored it. After 2 weeks on B5, i squeezed it and a ton of sebum came out and it's now 2 weeks later and it's completely gone for the first time in probably 5 years. I take 7-8 grams of B5 a day and also take 50 mg of zinc. That's all I have done the last month and my skin is clearer than it's ever been. The B5 regimen should be the first thing you try. And I know some people worry about hair loss but I'm a guy and I have had no hair loss at all. In fact, there has been no side effects at all, even on the days when I tried 10-12 grams

Comments

Works Pretty Good for me.

I took B5 about 5 days ago at about 1g - 2g's a day with L-cysteine and Vitamin C like I read in another post and It has helped me Significantly! I have had little to no Oil on my Skin and my breakouts are not even that big of a breakout. Totally recommend it, But many have reported side effects so I would recommend starting at a Low Does with some Anti Oxidants.

Comments

Vitamin B5 does work for acne.

I started supplementing/taking Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) on the 17/03/2015 last month in March, and I can really see the visible difference in my skin so far - It looks calmer, smoother and more manageable. I am using the 500MG Time Release version from Holland and Barrett (Vitamin Health Shop in the UK). I have currently been taking this supplement for 36 days, and I can tell you that it does work, but you've got to take it for a while to see the full benefits of taking this vitamin for your acne. I'm going to stick with taking this vitamin for a few months, and I will update my progress with taking it on this forum. I'm proud to say that Vitamin B5 has worked for me.

It worked for me

I'm a 27 year old female and had severe adult acne for almost five years and tried every topical treatment imaginable. When I heard about B5 I wanted to try it but since I was pregnant I waited. Once my baby was born, two years ago, my doctor gave me the go-ahead. I started at a low dosage of 1,000mg/day in case it messed up my breastmilk at all, and then doubled it after a couple weeks. Within that time I had noticed I wasn't having any more bad breakouts. After about two months of low-dose use, my skin had cleared completely. And it wasn't just my face, it was my back and chest as well. It also didn't affect my baby at all. The other thing I noticed was that my skin was no longer severely oily as it had been since adolescence. I can go days without even washing my face and my skin still looks smooth and clear and it feels comfortably moist but not oily. I can use makeup again. I continued using B5, between 2 and 5 grams a day, for about five months, and then tapered off. Now I keep it around, but don't take it daily. Any time I feel like I'm getting a breakout, I take a few high doses and it clears within days. I highly, highly, highly recommend this treatment. Some people experience negative side effects, but I was not one of them. You have to know your own body and adjust your dosage and other supplements, but I'm convinced B5 is a safe, legitimate course for acne.

Won't work without L-Cysteine & Vitamin C

Everytime I start taking B5 again, my acne worsens at first, that is until I add the the supplement L-Cysteine. Then it magically improves by 90%! L-Cysteine is an essential sulfur-containing amino acid which Vitamin B5 actually depletes. This is counterproductive towards fixing acne because Cysteine is the rate-limiting nutrient needed to produce Glutathione. Look up "low glutathione and acne" and start reading. Glutathione one of the body's master antioxidants and necessary for proper skin health. If anyone does not succeed at first, please try adding this supplement, they need to be taken together. It is important that L-cysteine is taken on an empty stomach because it competes for absorption with other amino acids (protein in foods). I take 750mg of B5 2x daily with at the minimum 3 grams of L-Cysteine. Also I recommend taking Vitamin C at the same time at L-cysteine, this also boosts glutathione and supports the Acetylation cycle, its great for your skin!

I've purchased some B5 and L-Cysteine but I'm hesitant of starting to take it because of potential high-dose side effects, such as severe hair loss. I can't find anything to support this, but many Amazon reviews suggest NAC is better absorbed into the body than it's pure version, L-Cysteine is. I'm just wondering if I purchased the wrong product to help replenish the amino acids for hair, like L-Cysteine should, or NAC does better? And should I be taking that more than the B5 to prevent hair loss?

My acne cure

I've had acne for almost 18 years and feel like I've tried everything trying to cure it. I was on Dianette for years which did cure my acne but it had really bad side effects. I turned into a moody monster, crying all the time, so I quit it. I decided I could put up with the acne to have my old personality back! My acne was never cystic, it was always like teenage acne, but there was just so much of it. I had it on my face, on my chest and on my back. And sometimes on bad days, on my arms. It drove me nuts. I tried so many things. Benzoyl peroxide seemed to make the acne go deeper and bleached all my clothes. I tried zinc supplements, vitamin A, and ACV. Gold Bond powder worked really well on my bacne, but it was a bit of a pain to use it every day. I was pretty skeptical when I tried B5, but I figured I had nothing to lose. Lucky for me! It cured my acne completely. I started taking four 500mg pills a day, evenly spaced out. My skin got less oily after a week or two and my acne had cleared up after about six weeks. I took it like that for a year, and then I started to worry that I might damage my insides or something so I stopped taking it, and the acne came back. I started taking it again after about six months. It took longer to work the second time around (maybe two months to clear up) but now it's back working perfectly again so I don't plan to quit it any time soon! I've never had any side effects and as far as I can tell it's safe enough to take as it is water-soluble. I would recommend anybody to try this, it cured my acne.

Hi! Does it matter which b5 vitamins you take? I noticed there is lots of differnt name brands & kinds. Please email me what you used? Ashleyreis55@[link removed] :)

Vitamin B5 eliminated my adult acne

If you have adult acne, like I did, please give this stuff a shot. It eliminated my adult acne that appeared when I was 34-35. Deeper pimples around the nose, mouth and back that didn't go away with conventional treatments. I take about 1.5-2 grams a day. I feel compelled to share, because adult acne can really be a problem (physically and mentally) and this worked. I also tried zinc, vitamin a, and vitamin e, but they only helped marginally.

Comments

Tried tons of meds, this is only thing that worked

Clear skin Buy one get one free from Holland and Barrat Easier than creams etc Dyhydration and headaches if overdosing Affects other b vitamins if taken for too long For around a month I have been taking b5. I'd say for the first week I was taking 1000mg per day but quickly realised that it was an absurd amount so reduced it to one 500mg caplet per day. First thing I noticed was that it was making me really dehydrated first thing in the morning so this was another reason I reduced the dosage to one slow release caplet taken in the morning rather than taking one before I went to bed as the dehydration was causing me to wake up with headaches every morning. After a couple of weeks my skin seemed to be getting slightly dry in patches which I took as a sign of it working - hallelujah! This kept me going and helped me to remember to take a caplet every single morning without fail. I am now about a month in and the change in my skin is remarkable. Yes it is very dry and this does worry me, but as soon as I'm completely happy with my skin I'm going to halve the rest of the b5 tablets I have so I will be taking 250mg daily so hopefully this will decrease the dryness. I must add though that I am also nightly using a topical lotion called adapalene 0.1% cream which was prescribed to me. However if I were asked which I think were working I'd say it was the b5 for sure. One think I have read though is that a continuation of taking a b vitamin for a long time period can reduce your levels of other b vitamins. So I may buy a multi b vitamin once I have ran out. I definitely recommended trying it if you've been prescribed tons of other things like me and they didn't work. (Both topical and antibiotics).

Comments

Only thing that has worked for me.

Works very quickly Minimizes oil production Fewer blemishes Taking so many pills daily (however the pros outweigh the cons significantly) Urinated frequently while taking B5 (probably because of all of the water I drank swallowing all of the pills!) I used vitamin B5, also called Pantothenic Acid, daily a couple of months ago. However, I ran out and did not buy anymore because my skin was in great condition and I figured that I no longer needed it. Recently, I broke out very badly and tried multiple products in order to get my acne under control (minocycline, epiduo, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, home remedies, you name it). After a few weeks of using these products, my acne was not getting any better. Then one day I remembered about B5! After about 3 days of use I noticed a major difference! Oil production decreased, blemishes decreased, and my face was becoming much clearer. I recommend taking 10g daily (20 500mg pills) for the first few weeks, and then over time decrease this dosage to 4g daily (8 500mg pills) as a maintenance dose. Also, it is good to space out the pills evenly throughout the day (I took 5 when I woke up, 5 early afternoon, 5 late afternoon, and 5 before bed). Doing so will diminish the possibility of experiencing side effects, which may include upset stomach and stomach pains. The best part about B5 is that it is water soluble, meaning that you cannot overdose on it because the body will simply remove the B5 that it cannot use through urination. How B5 works: Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) is a component of Coenzyme A. Coenzyme A is necessary for hormone production as well as fatty acid metabolism. During puberty, as hormone production increases, the body chooses to use coenzyme A to produce hormones and neglects fatty acid metabolism. Because the body uses coenzyme A for hormone production instead of fatty acid metabolism, sebum (skin oil) levels rise and acne follows. Supplementing with megadoses of vitamin B5 allows for enough circulating B5 to address both bodily processes, thus curing acne.

Comments

acne free clear skin I had been suffering from acne from long time and then a friend of mine told me about this product. i tried it without any hope as i tried many things but i was shocked with the results. It actually worked. Guys I would strongly recommend it to you

Guest Bryan
Guest Bryan

This product is easy to use and i dont have to spend time putting anything on my face. I was hesitant at first and to be honest, i didn't believe drinking a vitamin supplement would clear my skin but it did within about 4 days. Instead of putting chemicals on my face im drinking a supplement filled with the vitamins designed for what my pores need and i love how by drinking two 2oz. bottles a day my face is clearer than ever. Its easy and it works. There are no real cons with this product. You drink this product so while it dose have a tangy flavor you can taste the vitamins but after putting it in my fridge it being cold takes a lot of the vitamin taste away. It is more expensive than past products that ive used but i see real results now and that makes it all worth it. Bottom line is that i love this product. It has really cleared my face and now after taking it for over 3 weeks my face is continuing to look better and i even notice some of my scaring from acne looking less noticeable. I cant imagine going back to creams and topical cleansers.

Guest Alia
Guest Alia

- Reduces oil - Clears acne I had a pretty moderate case of acne, until I tried taking birth control for it, and it turned into a severe case of acne! I stopped taking the birth control after two months and started taking 7g of pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) a day: 7 x 500 mg in the morning and 7 x 500 mg in the evening. On top of that, I take 100 000 I.U. of the vitamin Beta Carotene: 2 x 25000 I.U. in the morning and 2 x 25000 I.U. in the evening. I noticed improvements in my skin within one week and after about probably three weeks, my skin was perfectly clear! It's actually unbelievable and I definitely suggest you try both vitamins! I'm not sure if one of them is working, or the combination of both, but either way, there's no harm in taking them! I've been on them for about 6 months now and am very pleased with my skin! Also, on a side note, I notice that when I drink coffee, my acne flares up. If you're a coffee drinker, you may want to try stopping for a week and see if your acne clears! My skin texture changes drastically once I stop drinking coffee. Hope this helps and please do try it!

The caffeine in the coffee inhibits vitamin absorption by 20% within a 24 hour period of ingestion (hence why most diet pills have caffeine as a main ingredient). Being caffeine free helps any vitamin/food/herb/supplement be more effective, and you can also take less since you regained that missing 20%.
Guest James Hubbard
Guest James Hubbard

-Easy to take and carry with you -Tastes great -haven't found any yet Be patient. Clear Complexion B5 took 3-5 days before I saw results. My skin is oily so acne breakouts happen easily. I've been using it for a few months and have seen amazing results. Try it for yourself.

Guest John
Guest John

Good for reducing oil on skin. Dry, cracked lips Great results. Been using this for a month. I have extremely oily skin, with acne on my face, back and arms. I was previously on accutance/antibiotiocs. After stopping for 2 years, my oily skin and acne came back. I didn't want to go back on accutane, as its given my some crazy side effects (scarring), so I searched for alternatives. I came across an article on Vitamin b5, and said hey why not? I thought is was a scam at first, but Vitamin b5 has worked to reduce oil and acne on my skin.

How long did it take for it to work?
Guest DJC
Guest DJC

B5 actually works. My acne has completely cleared up. The odd time i get a break out i just increase the dosage (currently on maintenance phase) and the breakout clears up It took approximately 1 YEAR for b5 to completly clear my acne up... Hang in there...don't expect immediate results or you may be disappointed. B5 will work...if you give it enough time. Most people give up after a couple of months...don't! I don't write reviews lightly and I understand the frustration of acne but B5 does actuall work. I tried every product under the sun including accutane but nothing gave me the results that B5 did

Comments

- Clears skin - Reduces pore size - Diminishes wrinkles - Stops a large percentage of oil production - Does not work as well if you take the capsule form. - May interact with prescription antibiotics I had very severe acne, I then stumbled upon an article years ago and decided to try it out. It worked wonders. I no longer wake up running to the mirror to see how much worse it has gotten like I use to do. I wake up pretty (as some of my friends say). I highly recommend this for OILY acne sufferers. To help explain my cons comment, the capsule doesn't release slowly into your system like a caplet would. I highly recommend a caplet form because they are digested slower than the gelatin capsule. Also you don't want to over drink your vitamin when you take it. This is going to flush the B5 out of your system because its water soluble. You should drink water through out the day. If you are taking certain medications like antibiotics I noticed that these interact with the B5 poorly. I am not sure why but when I took Doxycycline for a few months (for malaria prevention) it made my skin worse. I am not a doctor, however I know it has some weird interactions for some reason. Just consider this when taking prescriptions.

I wrote this review a long time ago. I'm back to say I still take this amazing vitamin. It still works wonders and I don't have any hair loss. Trust me try this method it works amazingly!
Another update, I still take B5 every day. I don't mind if I need to take this supplement for the rest of my life. Everyone comments on how beautiful my skin is. Everyone asks me what's the secret to my perfect complexion. Every time I tell them it's my B5 and B3 regime. It's funny to think people are asking me for skin advice when my skin was god awful years ago. At the time I made this review I think I was taking 10 grams a day, which I still do. I am taking less B3 though, I usually take 2 grams a day. If you're looking for a good acne treatment I recommend trying B5 for a month. You'll be convinced after a week, trust me.
Guest Andrew
Guest Andrew

- Acne is completely gone - No side effects - Expensive because you have to take so much It took me a while before I even considered vitamin supplements as acne treatment. It just never crossed my mind until I saw these reviews about six months ago. Zinc seemed to be the most popular, so I initially tried that. It seemed to work alright, but I was still getting minor breakouts and it sometimes left me feeling sick. It also made my eyes really dry which is annoying with contacts. I stopped Zinc, then tried B-5, and within a couple weeks, my acne was completely gone. My face hasn't been entirely clear since I was 12, and I'm 21 now. I truly can't believe how well this works, and I was such a doubter of vitamin supplements in the beginning. As long as I also wash my face with a simple cleanser every morning and night, I never see a single zit. No more skin toners or Benzoyl Peroxide. Also, I went on Accutane when I was 15, and this stuff does the exact same thing with absolutely no side effects. Amazing. The only unfortunate part is that, because of the amount you need to take, it can be expensive. I end up spending $70-80 a month on two orders of 300 capsules. I take eight in the morning and eight at night, so 8 grams daily. This is probably overkill though, and I'm going to experiment with lower dosages.