Vitamin B5

Vitamin B5 Reviews

Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid).

Avoid if you want to keep your hair

I never post anything but after reading these reviews I Took b5 and l carnitine, about 1-2 g of b5 and 500 mg of l carn for a little over a month. I read about the hair loss but thought, "oh it won't happen to me." Stopped when chunks of my already thin hair was falling out in the shower. 2 months later and no change. Do not take this, it is absolutely not worth it, any search on the Internet of ppl experiencing this will show you and guess what it may not stop and there is no cure. So yes while my skin cleared up a little and is less oily, this is no substitute for my hair. Please do not do this.

Don't waste your time.

easily accessible from GNC and other drug stores doesn't reduce oil production not very cost-effective even if it did work very inconvenient to take so many pills at different time intervals everyday I took 10 x 500 mg pills a day for one month. Five in the morning and five in the evening. I never noticed any difference in oil production. But it was doing something. My urine definitely became bright yellow and smelled awful. I had pretty significant indigestion as well. I have read some claims that you must take it at specific time intervals, with certain foods, and at greater amounts (sometimes even double what I was taking). That is just too inconvenient and not worth it to me. I can't schedule my life around taking pills like a addict all the time. On just one pill a day of accutane I can bath in mayo and still have perfect skin. And it is cheaper than taking b5. I also find it very hard to believe that taking this many pills of b5 long-term is a safer solution to accutane which produced far fewer side effects. Especially when I start reading about severe hair loss from b5 mega-dosing. That is a little more serious than cracked lips on accutane.

bright yellow urine? are you sure you are taking panthotenic acid and not a B-complex? sound like riboflavin to me. And what you are saying about the accutane/b5 sides effects is absolutely false. Please dont spread misleading information.

do your research!

it can cure your acne and get rid of your oily skin telogen effluvium -- thinning and shedding of your hair this may seem like a godsent, but make sure you do your research before blindly trying this out. sure, it can help with your acne and oily skin, even get rid of it all together -- but the price you might have to pay for it far exceeds acne. ever heard of telogen effluvium? google it up. megadosin on vitamin b5 for long, sometimes even only short periods will most likely reward you with this scalp disorder. make sure you're ok with the risks before trying this out.

There's no conclusive proof vitamin b5 causes TE mainly because nobody really knows what actually does. It's just one of those conditions that happens to a wide variety of people for no definitive reason. So just because you got TE doesn't mean the b5 caused it. You're confusing causation with correlation.
I haven't noticed any hair loss, and I have been using this vitamin for two years in mega doses. Maybe its genes?

Hair loss stomach issues Please do not take this vitamin. I made the mistake of taking 2-3 grams for about 6 weeks and stopped when my hair started falling out.This was about 15 months ago now and my hair keeps getting worse I have lost about 75% of my hair.

I really think the hair loss is from something else. I have been taking this for two years and I haven't seen any hair loss.

none no less oil production, dry itchy scalp hair loss I am an 18 year old college freshman and I have mild/ moderate acne and it's enough to make me obsess. I wanted to cure my acne SO badly so i started taking B5, I only got up to about 6 grams and only could stay on it for about 10 days because i've noticed my hair falling out A LOT! I am not trying to be a downer, i've heard this stuff works wonders and that losing hair is rare, but it does happen. I am stopping taking the vitamin today and hopefully my hair will thicken back up. I also saw positive results for my oily skin and this is probably because I haven't been on it long enough! But i'm not going to lose my hair due to this vitamin.

Comments

None that I noticed. -Stomach irritation and discomfort. -Significant flareup in acne. -Bowel issues. I used B5 consistently for one week. I took 2 1000mg time-release pills in the morning and 2 more at night. By the third day I had noticed minor stomach discomfort, and by the fifth day I was waking up to small pustules popping up all over the place. This breakout continued for the next couple of days, at which point I stopped taking B5 altogether. My skin returned to it's normal baseline within two days of stopping the B5 (light acne, but not at the severity brought about by the B5). The B5 did not nothing for my oil production either within that week, although I recognize that my dosage and length of treatment was not comparable to what most people here are doing (although according to reviews for this product on Amazon, many people are successful with 4-6 grams of B5 per day). I wanted to start out slowly, and given the reaction my skin had to B5, I'm glad I did. Lots of people report success with B5, so I think this might be worth exploring for many acne sufferers, but it only made my skin noticeably worse. I would recommend starting out with a reasonable dosage; I found Amazon reviews for B5 to be much more helpful than the typical extreme recommendations made on this site. Best of luck to you.

Comments

NONE you WILL lose your hair. I read all the great reviews on this & jumped into trying it. I really wanted it to work for me & was okay with trying it because it was Vitamins. I figured, what can happen from Vitamins right? PLEASE look into this as much as you can before trying it. Not everyone will get the same result. Today is exactly a month that I was taking this & I stopped today. The first thing I noticed is that my oil did not reduce at all. When I started taking this I had beautiful naturally thick thick hair. A few days ago I was washing my hair & was shocked to see that all of my hair was in my hand & my hand felt empty. My hair thinned out so much because of this to the point where 25% of what used to be my full head of hair... is actually now my full head of hair. All of my hair can now fit into a small clip. I am devastated & in horror. I hate myself for trying this. I would do anything to get my thick beautiful hair back. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE look into this completely before trying it. It's not a joke. I don't know if I will ever get my hair back or what will happen to me now. My acne is still here. Basically all that happened for me was my hair loss.

What was your dose?
-42

I seriously can't think of any. False hope. Supposedly you need to take a very large dose. I don't want you to waste your money. As acne sufferers we are desperate to find a cure to this awful disease ASAP. We scour the internet for all sorts of strange remedies and we get caught up in these so called fixes. I've tried everything. Vitamin E, Zinc, Vitamin C, and all sorts of over the counter medications and nothing really has worked for my acne. Like you I am somewhat desperate to find a cure and Vitamin B (5 grams a day for 2 months) has been proven to be ineffective. I am disappointed and I don't want anyone to fall into the same trap so don't buy this stuff. There have been no conclusive studies on the effectiveness of Vitamin B on acne. It's all myth and hearsay from anonymous reviewers.

Comments

Somewhat reduced oil for a few weeks, and then it stopped working. -Initial outbreak in places I have never gotten pimples -Terrible cystic acne all over my chin -Messed up my hormones so much that my period started coming every 6-8 weeks I use this site a lot and have never felt compelled to write a review before, but I want to for B5 because while I think this obviously works wonderfully for many people, I think those with hormonal, cystic acne should be warned. My first month on this I had somewhat of an initial outbreak, but they were small pimples and I was fine with it. However, I did notice that my period came two weeks late, which has never happened to me before. In my second month, I broke out with 6-7 cystic pimples at a time (this has NEVER happened to me...I usually have 3-4 in a year) and my period once again came two weeks late. After three months, I quit because things were not getting better and I was three weeks late for my period and decided to start Accutane (b5 was my last resort before I started Accutane). I am 31 with hormonal acne (never had much acne as a teen or early 20's), so please do plenty of research if you are also in your late 20's/ early 30's and have similar symptoms.

Comments

Nothing permanent hair loss Dry/flakey skin Dry eyes Stomach problems coated tongue Cracked tongue no llbido I wish i could turn back time.My advice to anyone who is thinking of being stupid like i was and megadosing on this(10g a day) you really need to think twice.My life is ruined,my confidence is gone,i feel depressed,sad,regretful because ive lost my beautiful hair i once had.My skin has been left permanently dry and wrinkled (im only 23) and i dont know what to do anymore :(

Why use for over a year if there arnt any pros?

Reduces Oil Took 2-3 grams per day for 10 days. Hair loss started on 10th day. Stopped supplementing immediately. Hair Loss Has not Stopped after a month. READ BELOW, I visited my dermatologist today regarding hair loss due to B5. He works at Tufts Medical Center in Boston with the Dermatology Department. His colleagues and him have seen many hair loss issues related to supplementing with all types of Vitamins. The Department is aware of hair loss due to Vitamin B5. The cause of hair loss is actually Toxicity. They believe the toxicity is a result of a binding ingredient used in the Supplement that is not labeled on the bottle. They do not believe B5 is the actually cause of hair loss, but it may be. So when taken in high doses, your body becomes poisoned by the binding ingredient (or possibly B5) which causes TE (Telogen effluvium). TE is characterized by diffuse hair shedding. Generally, recovery is spontaneous and occurs within 6 months. My dermatologist said most people recover within 3-5 months, but there are a few cases where people do not recover. Mega-dosing for long periods of time increases the chances of non-recovery. He explained that hair loss due to B5 (or the binding ingredient in the supplement) is not a Vitamin Deficiency! Therefore supplementing with Biotin or a B-Complex will not protect against the Hair Loss. Your body is poisoned and needs to naturally recover. The best ways he told me to recover are to exercise daily with lots of cardio (you need to sweat) and drink plenty of water. Supplementing with other vitamins, antioxidants, or oils will not stop or prevent the hair loss. Please Be very careful with B5 and DO NOT MEGADOSE (Over 1 Gram per day)

Comments

sebum is reduce acne minimizes. ugh! dry skin, dry eyes, dry everywhere, frequent toilet visits, hair falls easily really thirsty i took 1gram a day. well I'm gonna be as honest as i can be, if your gonna go through this road think twice! i got a bladder infection from all the frequent pissing and dryness.. my menstrual cycle was missing for 4months I'm never never and i mean never late... it dried me soo bad i got really sick so just take the recommended dose talk to your doctor a professional do deep research before trying it be prepared physically and mentally its true what they say too much of a good thing is bad :| and that's my truth my friends.

Comments

The first few days it gave me more energy, but that wore off Taking so many tablets. As well I've been feeling more drowsy recently - although maybe that's cos I haven't been to the gym in a couple of weeks! It hasn't done anything for my acne yet ! I've been on it for three weeks. One of the main reasons I want to stick with it is because it's supposed to reduce your pores as well and I've been struggling with open pores, which I think aggravate me more than acne ! But I've been trying M2 lotion ( 12%) for a couple of days and it seems to be super for my skin.

Comments

less oily skin broke me out worst than EVER! After reading all the great reviews about B-5 (especially for oily skin), I went and purchased the twin lab 500mg. I went with this product and stuck with it for close to 2 mths. I didn't mega-dose it because too much of anything is not good for your body. I took 6 grams a day spread through out the day, and you'd think after taking it for the time I did, I'd see SOME or even a SLIGHT improvement, but I didn't, it just made my acne SOOO WORSE. So bottom line, I'm not saying it doesn't work, but it's DEFINITELY NOT FOR ME! I feel like all the money I spent was just wasted. I found that Nature's Cure for Females did me better justice.