Vinegar (as a topical)

Vinegar (as a topical) Reviews

Vinegar Pictured:
Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5% (50 grains) acidity.

love

I now i should dilute it but i use it for like 3 months or so undiluted and it helpd so much also i do no rinse it of i use Bragg Apple cider vinigar with the mother . I tried also differet one (some german bio brand Sch... something :D ) but that one didnt do anything. Braggs one killed my black heads and all small bumps. Not the cystic ones though :/ :))

Comments

Works sometimes but be VERY careful!

I tried this on my nose, it works but be very careful not to do overdo it as I did. It caused the spot to go but the skin never healed afterwards. I have now had a spot on my nose that hasn't properly healed for nearly a year. I have been to a dermatologist and was going to have it cut out in case it was cancerous. This has now been postponed as it seems to finally be healing. If you have spots avoid using a 1:1, 2:1 or even a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio of water to vinegar as you may end up scaring yourself permanently or worse, creating cancerous cells in your skin. In my opinion a few spots or blemishes are nothing when you open up the possibility of a skin graft on your face, I kid you not. Eat well, cut out all processed food, exercise and don't smoke or drink excessively, putting vinegar on your face is not the answer, or anywhere else on your skin for that matter. What's worse, skin cancer or acne? You decide.

I don't think the vinegar can give you cancer.

Worked 100 x better thhan proactive

I wash my face with slightly diluted vinegar every day. It cleared up my acne in 2 weeks. I tried proactive b4 and it only made my acne worse. I have lots of blackheads and oily skin. I would pick at my acne and it was badddd. All over my face. So hot water and vinegar scrub it in, let it sit on ur face 5 min. Rinse. I also do 1x week baking soda scrub on my face. Makes my skin fresh and soft. I tried lots of acne medications and none did anything. But this vinegar is a lifesaver.

No, No ... Just No!

No, No ... Just No! I tried using a very weak solution of Apple Cider Vinegar in water to treat my skin. One use gave me the equivalent of a nasty sunburn. It serves me right for not doing a patch test first. This might work great for some people, but it was a definite fail for me.

ME TOO I have heard amazing things and I was so confused, It made my pimples look twice the size and it hurt so much. It just aggravated my skin.

Works great

I use this as an after face wash rinse when I'm in the shower. I dilute about 1/4 of a cup of Apple cider vinegar in about 2 cups of water. Then I add like 15-25 drops lavender essential oil into the mix. I wash my face, then spray the mixture onto my hand and then apply it to my face. I leave it on my face about 5 seconds (eyes and mouth closed obviously lol) and then wash it off. Works great, controls oils, clears my complexion. ACV has vitamin C in it so don't wear this sh*t outside, it will cause sun damage. Use only at night before bed and wash it off in the morning.

NO NO NO!

This may work for some but it really isn't worth all the hassle! The apple cider vinegar smells absolutely VILE and it makes you face feel really sticky. Not to mention, apple cider vinegar made my face extremely red! Avoid at all costs.

Didn't like it.

It didn't make any difference for me in the oiliness of my skin, the appearance of my marks or the state of my current acne. If anything, my t-zone seemed more shiny & sticky after applying this. I also just didn't like the feeling of it - it didn't give my skin that "light, fresh and clean" feel that toners usually do. It felt more heavy, like putting another layer of something onto my skin.

Comments

Apple cider works better than the normal

Vinegar-Specially ACV works better. I found it too harsh when used un diluted and when used all by itself. I have a sensitive skin. I have used this with bentonite clay and green tea and it works well.

MichelleNeko357

Quite Good

Vinegar actually worked well on my skin. After using it for a week, my skin seemed to be visibly clearer. I only suffer from a little acne, so it might not be much, but I recommend it anyway. It didn't help with scarring or anything like that, but my pimples were a lot less red. I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out. Hope you try it too.

Help!?

I have been battling acne for quite some time now. I have tried all store bought things and even went to a few different dermatologist but nothing works. I already have a lot of scar marks, large pores and so on included with my acne. Well about a week or two ago I heard about Apple Cider Vinegar used for acne so I decided I would read on it and try it out. I seen a few different directions on how to use it so I started out using 2 part water 1 part vinegar and dabbed it on my face with a q tip, left it on for bout 30 min and rinsed. I did this a couple times a day for about 3 days. I did not see any results. I took a break from using it for 2 or 3 days. Well last night I was reading about it again along with a few other things. I read holding ice on your face for a few minutes helps reduce pores. So I figured I would try this along with what I had just read about apple cider vinegar. So last night I washed my face, wrapped a few ice cube in a rag and held it on my face for a few minutes, then I mixed 1 part vinegar 1 part water and soaked a cotton ball in it and used that to wipe it on my face, I left it a few minutes then rinsed it and followed with moisturizer. This morning I woke up with two red areas on my cheeks just right before the cheek bone. They do not hurt or anything they are just bbig red spot on both sides. Why did this happen? Is it normal? Am I doing this right? I need help ! I just am ready to win my battle of acne!!!

Has not work for me

ACV has not work me. I used as a toner since end of February 2016, yet no results. I am still breaking out. I used it twice a day. I started as 1 part vinegar and 2 parts water now I just used the vinegar alone. I mean it has not work. It not making it worst (that is the only good part). Maybe my acne is s severe. I been having acne since I was 13. I am now 28 and I just so over it. I tried everything.

Stop using face cleanser. Instead wash your face at night with coconut oil and warm cloth. In the morning just wash your face with warm cloth and apply acv toner. You HAVE to dilute the vinegar with water. Try this and maybe your acne problem finally will go away. Throw the face cleanser away.
Using coconut oil (or any oil) is not for everyone and could make you break out even more. Are you only using AVC? Maybe you need a good spot treatment as well. I personally have noticed that changing my diet has helped my acne tremendously. I am dairy free, I drink mostly water, no sugary drinks, and I try to reduce my oil intake. I would also suggest meeting with someone who knows skin. I have gotten acne facials that have also significantly reduced my acne! It can be pricy (which is why Im using acne.org otherwise I would still be going to my facialist.) but worth it! Hope this helps!

Apple cider vinegar is AMAZING

I use it as a toner and it kills my acne while balancing my ph level. I started with 1 part vinegar and 3 parts water then 2 weeks later I did 1 part vinegar 2 parts water and then after a month I did 1 part vinegar with a small dash of water. Might get rid of a lot of your acne overnight and this is coming from someone who tried everything.

Hello! I had three times laser resurfacing, before my skin was fine but now facing massive break out on my neck. Been reading about the AVC lately, could you tell me how your skin reacted for the first week of the AVC treatment? Looking forward for your reply.
Hey, can I ask in what week did you start seeing results?

..STANDING OVATION!

Im 26, and im having a mild breakout. Mild that is limited only to flakiness, few pustules, few blackheads and whiteheads, rare cystic one. Not all at the same time, but im breaking out even in the most rare areas of my face(eyebrow, nose line),very annoying! Im guessing this could be hormonal,leading to "leaky gut" (please read about leaky gut, it will aid in your treatment with acne). So i looked in the internet thru reviews (acne.org), blogs, information sites about the organic, raw, unpasteurized "with the mother" ACV. Ive read about it before, but never really curious to try (because my acne treatment is still going well). verdict: Thumbs up! Hands up! STANDING OVATION! 1-3 days usage, flakiness gone, red patches gone, few clogged pores remain, minimized whiteheads and blackheads, skins look clearer and whiter. Im on my 1week of using it as a facial toner, and voila, no new cystic one, PROMISE! so far, only 5 treatable pustules emerge, but not all at same time during application. P.S. I have included treating "leaky gut", while treating acne. I drink 1 tbsp ACV, 3x a day. Morning, noon and before going to bed. This helps my skin clearing, just as short as 1 week:)

A miracle!

Okay just to start, I am a 19 year old female who has battled minor acne throughout high school. I used proactive which kept everything at bay and my complexion was almost flawless. Around August of 2015, I began breaking out on my forehead and some on my chin and jawline. I began the oil cleansing method which cleared up my skin almost completely. I then started taking a probiotic supplement at the beginning of November and my skin broke out the worst ever. My forehead was covered in red angry acne that only Got worse even after stopping the probiotics. My chin crews clusters of red acne and some scattered along my cheeks. I tried what felt like everything from "leaving it alone" to oil cleansing to benzoyl peroxide. I was waking up with multiple new zits everyday and I cried almost everyday. It effected my confidence so much. I then came across ACV as a toner. I had heard about it before but didn't think it would ever do anything. One night I decided to dilute it with water, apply it as a toner to a clean face and go to bed. No moisturizer, nothing. I woke up with my skin less red. So I stuck with it and it has been one week and my skin has cleared up about 75% of the way which is insane to me! I am so incredibly happy with the results, as my acne has put me through so much emotional stress and ruined my confidence. Now my routine is this: Wake up in the morning and apply 1:1 ratio of diluted ACV with water as a toner. That's it. If if I wore makeup that night for work, I remove it using castor oil and sunflower oil with the oil cleansing method. I then apply ACV diluted as a toner. No moisturizer. My skin is slightly dry but it's a good thing because it's drying out all of my acne! I can't wait to see the results that come after using it more and more. If you have acne and nothing is getting rid of it, I would try this. My skin is sensitive and I cannot use chemicals from products, even moisturizer because it irritates my skin so much

Hello Rachel! I had three times laser resurfacing, before my skin was fine but now facing massive break out on my neck. Been reading about the AVC lately, could you tell me how your skin reacted for the first week of the AVC treatment? Looking forward for your reply.

Made my skin look flawless...Until one day it stopped working!

Within days ACV totally cleared my skin up (after a 6 month long mild, but essentially constant, breakout), and it stayed beautifully clear for a few glorious weeks. In fact, I would go one further and say that my skin during this time actually looked and felt a lot better than it had before I'd even started getting problem skin - no spots, perfectly smooth etc. The downside is that I started messing with diluting it with rosewater and/or witch hazel (as I hated the smell of it neat) and it slowly stopped working for me. At this point I've taken a brief break from using it, hoping beyond hope that, I'll be able to reintroduce it into my skincare routine with somewhat similar results - as nothing before ACV gave me such fantastic results. Ugh.

Comments

Apple Cider for my Tags and warts?

Hey guys, some friend told me that an Apple Cider Vinegar will help remove my tags and warts. Is this true? They claim that if you apply even just once a day to the ares, it will slowly dry up and eventually comes off or be removed/healed. Please someone of enough knowledge on this, talk to me.

Hi have you try this on you? I think we have the same issues on skin tags. Please let me know if this works for you. thanks

Works for menopausal/hormonal acne!

I've scanned a lot of ACV reviews without finding anything from people my age, so will leave one for the occasional senior among us... I'm 64 and have had hormonal acne since having a hysterectomy years ago. I do use an estrogen patch, but still have crazy hormones. I've tried antibiotics and spironolactone, which worked while I was on them, but neither are healthy long term so I quit -- and broke out again. Tropicals that have failed include Retin-A, Tazorac, Aczone, Fiacea, and a bunch of OTC acne treatments. After suffering with some very deep, painful cysts along the jawline, I recently decided to give Bragg's ACV a try. At the outset, I had at least 10 very deep and painful red spots on my jaw and forehead along with some smaller breakouts. It was probably the worst it's ever been. I began drinking 2 tablespoons of Bragg ACV in 8 oz water twice a day and applying it undiluted as a toner after washing with African black soap and followed by CeraVe moisturizing lotion. The ACV stings any open areas on my face when applied, but that goes away quickly without leaving any residual redness. The only real negative is that the vinegar smell lingers on my hands, even after washing them. This is the only reason that I've given it 4 stars instead of 5. That said, the smell is a small price to pay for the benefits, which have been impressive. All of the original lesions have dried up and I've only gotten one tiny spot (not cystic) next to my nose. That one dried up within hours of an application of ACV. My T-zone is oily, but cheeks are a bit on the dry side, so I don't apply the ACV there unless I see a spot. Some people have said the ACV is drying, but if it doesn't upset my 64 year old skin, it can't be too bad! I'll add that I'm fair skinned and have fairly sensitive skin, so should be a pretty good judge... There's still some redness from the cysts, but that's clearing up and my skin looks great otherwise. If this continues to work it will save me a lot of money and prevent exposure to tons of pharmaceuticals, all of which come with substantial warnings. I'll try to remember to do a follow up in a few months...

Terrible!

My skin's been wrecked by this and my acne 10 times worse.

Does it pains you when uyou used this? I'm planning to buy a bottle to try it on my skin tags.
What did you do to make it worse? Did you just simply pour it on your face? Please be specific because I am dealing with acne and would love for you to share your detailed opinion about Apple Cider Vinegar. Thanks!

Using for 2 weeks no results yet

I'm using Braggs organic ACV with the mother in it 2x a day. I bought a plastic bottle and mixed 1/2 ACV and 1/2 bottled water shake it and put it on my skin!!! I also drink a full glass of water with ACV in it at night before bed!!! So this is my routine wash face let it dry put the Diluted ACV on a cotton ball and cleanse my skin like a toner let it dry and follow by moisturizer after. I been using Cerave PM moisturizing lotion!! I have pimples on my jawline/chin and neck!!! The pimples on my jawline are so stubborn they won't shrink or disappear no matter what I do ... Since my skin hasn't got worse yet I will continue to use Braggs for 3 months ... If anything gets better or worse I will report back ... So fingers crossed

How your skin now?