Vaseline Petroleum Jelly Reviews

Brand: Vaseline

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

GREAT

USE IT, im 18 and suffered from non stop break outs since i was 15 ive used all different types of facial moisturizers but let me say Vaseline is a life saver im on my to 3rd week of applying it everday after a shower note only put a bit on your fingertips then apply on each section of the face the first time i used it i applied way too much to my face and it drowned it it lol but yh ive only had about 6 small whiteheads appear within the 3 weeks of use which can be washed of for me usually i would get a huge one at least once a week plus my skin looks so healthy i use white patrolium not regular although i think its the same

Use Your Brain

Do a little research for yourself. Don't believe ignorant/shady dermatologists and "experts" that want you to use their products by putting down vaseline. Don't just listen to people on Acne.org either. Think for yourself and use that brain to read reliable studies. Countless studies have proven vaseline is one of the safest and most reliable moisturizers. It DOES NOT clog pores or cause cancer either lol so don't believe that fearmongering. The FDA and Paula Begoun have your back:)

Took me by surprise!

My skin is combination. Hormonal acne across my jaw and chin, dry yet oily skin across my t-zone, and sensitive as hell. After an embarrassing encounter with Veet hair removal cream on my chin which resulted in a nasty burnt dry patch, I grabbed this stuff and slathered it on my chin, then decided to slap some on my other dry areas, aka my nose, mouth and forehead. After 15 mins I figured I’d made a huge mistake, my face looked slimy and I could literally envision my pores filling up with gunge. So I wiped off the excess with tissue, though f**k it and went to bed. Low and behold, the next morning all the areas I’d applied this stuff to was not only soft as a baby’s butt, but no outbreaks. If anything my skin looked less red! No giant gaping pores, and not insanely oily. Now I feel stupid for listening to the rumours of this stuff being an evil pore-clogger! After my cleansing ritual (I’m currently using a cream wipe-off cleanser, followed by the PureActive anti-blemish toner gel - works wonders), I gently massage Vaseline on my face. I don’t worry If I’ve used too much, because after 5 mins of letting it soak in I wipe off the excess with tissue. Then I apply my usual treatment on my zits and done! I don’t use this during the day unless I really have to, I view it like a night cream. I’ve only given it 4 stars because it doesn’t feel great when you first put it on, if you obsessively live in fear of provoking raging acne it’s genuinely terrifying to give this a go, but trust me it works. If you’re feeling skeptical, test it out on smaller areas first before you graduate to using it on your entire face!

So far, so good

I've adopted the "slug life" and have been nightly applying Vaseline on my face for a week. It has helped with my red marks and reducing inflammation. It has also made my skin significantly softer. It hasn't done anything for my darker spots.

YEY

I'm the type of person who use home remedies on my face, hair and underarms because i believe that using natural products will treat and help my skin and hair better than those chemical thingy products. I have never thought that I will use vaseline as my night mosturuzer pack. At first, I just recommended my mom to use vaseline (since I read that it has the ability to heal) because she is having an itchy thingy feeling near her ear which was turning black and chappy after she used it, she told me it worked perfectly and it does not feel dry anymore. After using it everyday and now it's completely healed so..... she is not using it anymore we have much vaseline left in our house. soooo I've searched for its advantages and read reviews. yey When I was on my teenages years, I'm the type of person who does not grew pimples easily since I really take care of my face every morning and night. But now that i'm on SUPER STRESS and busy stage of my college life which is THESIS, pimples are starting to grow and I believe it is due to stress and not enough cleansing. Now I have so much pimples growing on my chin. YES only on the chin. and i'm not used to it, I always touch and pop it even though I noted myself not to pop because it will only get worse and will leave marks and also I'm also starting to have a dry skin, i think its because of products I used to remove the acne and marks. And yey I remembered vaseline advantages and on the first night that I used it, after cleansing my face I applied thin layer of vaseline on my face and slept overnight with it, though I really dont like the greasy felling..., but when I woke up in the morning my skin absorbed the jelly and it feel so soft even after cleansing my face with my usual foam cleanser it still felt soft and not dry AND the new pimple that grew yesterday became smaller hahaha! So I decided to use it as my night cream. I really recommend this product to those who have dry face PS I also use it on my eye lashes because it makes it stronger and longer.

BRILLIANT MOISTURIZER

Just started using petroleum Jelly (Vaseline) on my red marks. Too early to comment on its ability to fade red patches but it seems to work well as a moisturizer and doesn't cause breakouts on my skin. I'll keep you updated on my progress and wish me look. Please note: the five star rating is purely for its moisturizing effect and has no relation to its potential to treat red marks/scars.

Works but be careful

I used this on my pimples that I popped that are now gone.i apply it after the inflammation goes down.i then apply it on my cheek which I had some acne overnight but the acne stayed and kinda grew.i stopped applying it then the acne started to go away.this is good to moisturize the pimple that was popped.BUT NEVER APPLY IT ON POPPED PIMPLES WAIT 1 TO 2 DAYS OR WHEN THESWELLING GOES DOWN..thx

Make sure you apply a moisturizer which is non comdegnic meaning no pore clogging.At night apply a very little amount on skin when you sleep an keep your pillow case clean

Shrinked my zits over Night.

So ever since I started my vacation in a country with a lot of hot weather, my face got a lot more oilie. I started to break out on my forehead and a bit also on my nose. I then started to try this by testing on my nose one night and then on my zits the next day. It then thankfully shrinked all my zits over night! (I have combination skin btw)

5stars

They make this in a tube so I recommend that for sanitary purposes. I've used this over moisturizer on my face at night to trap moisture and people always think I look 10+ years younger than I am. I use it for eyes too (again over my eye cream)but because it is so thick you need to dab it on carefully and not drag it. keep a light hand and you'll look great.

great product

This is a great product with multiple uses: moisturizer, mascara, make-up remover, hand cream etc. Mostly i use vaseline on my lips at night and in the morning they become so smooth and soft. Ultimate Moisturizer indeed.

multi uses

it's probably one of the most under-rated beauty products around. It does just about everything, from moisturising lips to healing cracked skin, and even works as an intensive treatment for flaky skin on the face! It's never broken me out or clogged my pores, and works wonderfully over new scabs cuz it makes them heal and peel off faster. Also soothing and calming when my skin is irritated. Never dared to try using it on my face earlier cos I always thought the people who could do it were those with dryer, blemish-free skins. I was SOOOO wrong. It feels icky at first but in 10mins or so, it absorbs completely and you get smooth silky skin.

Good spot treatment

I use this specifically on pimples that have a whitehead since it somehow brings everything to the surface, & on popped pimples. I've tried using all over my face but I didn't like the feel of it. I don't believe this clogged my pores though.

YAYYY

Hi, I'm 22. I've tried so many drugstore and high end moisturizers with and without acne properties (Eg. Salicyclic acid) and I swear this is the best moisturizer I've encountered. It will NOT clog your pores, I add chunks of this stuff on my face and spread it, no problem! Btw I have oily sensitive skin. Vaseline is a wonderful lip balm too. Dry lips? Apply and ~5mins later you will see smooth af lips! SUPER FAST RESULTS. Anyways, I think this has reduced my acne by at least 2 folds. I use nizoral shampoo on my face as a cleanser and apply vaseline right afterwards and it's been clearing up! Ten years with acne and I'm FINALLY REALLYYYY excited to say i think I've found my path to curing acne. Really recommend trying the nizoral+vaseline combo. :)

amazing product

This is one of the best products created that you use for multiple reasons and I love that about it. I personally use this on dry lips. It gets rid of the dry skin on my lips and feels amazing.I apply petroleum jelly immediately after a nightly shower. It works well to lock in moisture on my skin.

Vaseline Has Healing Properties

Vaseline does get bad reviews saying that its pore clogging. I beg the differ. I live by this stuff daily. It is moisturizing, healing and soothing to my skin. Now I just restocked and it seems that my all time favorite ones from Big Lots/Family Dollar the formula has changed. Its not as thick and creamy as usual, not sure whats going on with it now. Ive gotta search for a new brand. If any of you can relate and know where I can get the thick Vaseline at Please feel free to chime in and let me know. Thanks, BA.

Dry, damaged skin

Allows me to protect my skin from the elements and prevent it from losing moisture, which most acne treatments really sap your skin of! Vaseline helps prevent the acne I get caused by dry skin. I really load up on it in the winter, applying it after my aveeno daily moisturizing lotion. I detracted one star because it can be really tricky to use under makeup. I recommend a primer and a mattifying foundation. Even then, it tends to get greasy and doesn't have the same coverage. I'll deal for how good this is at preventing dry skin and breakouts. It's also cheap and easily available.

Popular Household/Natural