Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream Reviews

Brand: Vanicream

Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream

Good and bad

This moisturizer has a few things that make it good but it also has a few that makes it bad. The good things: over time it won't break you out (will break you out in the start but eventually gets rid of acne. It has silica in it aka simethicone, that absorbs oil and studies show it decreases acne), this moisturizer absorbs fast but don't put too much, has no fragrance, and it contains emollients that protect the skin against wind. The bad: it moisturizers but not that well since it has ingredients that absorb oil (a little bit of oil on your skin is Actually beneficial and keeps acne away), the moisture doesn't last too long, you'll find yourself needing extra applications. I say there are better moisturizers that moisturize better however this is great for acne prone skin. The ph level is also perfect. Cetaphil lotions moisturize way better BUTTTT they sit on the skin and break me out. But boy is my face hydrated. So anyway...you decide

Works great!

I was genuinely suprised by how much I liked all of the vanicream pruducts. My dermo recommended vanicream gentle face wash and moisturizer whIle I am on accutane and it works great even with the side effect of dry, flaky skin. It applies easily and doesn't feel overly oily if you use a good amount. It's fairly cheap and worth every cent! If you need a good face moisturizer (and wash for that matter) go with vanicream!

Comments

Vanicream is great for acne prone skin

Hallelujah! Something that doesn't break me out! My dermatologist recommended me this over the counter moisturizer along with the vanicream gentle face wash when I was taking accutane and I have fallen in love with it. It is gentle enough for sensitive skin like mine and because it doesn't have all the harsh ingredients it doesn't break me out. It doesn't leave a residue on your skin. I have tried other moisturizers since then but keep going back to Vanicream because it is the BEST! You can buy it at Target and Walgreens for around $11 I think. I love all the Vanicream products.

Comments

So happy to have tried Vanicream!

I LOVE this product. Like the previous reviewer, my skin is oily and flaky at the same time and I have had great success with this. It is perfect as a nighttime moisturizer and as a daytime moisturizer during the winter. In the summer, I prefer to use the Vanicream Lite Lotion during the day and this product on any dry patches because it can be a little much in the heat and humidity. This product is also great if you need something to apply over topical medications. When I first used this product four years ago, I was amazed by how smoothly it applied and how well it moisturized my skin without breaking me out. Before I had been using an overpriced Neutrogena oil-control moisturizer that did not control oil or moisturize very well, and I am SO glad that my dermatologist recommended Vanicream products to me. I wish more people knew about them. I really don't think people should worry about this cream breaking them out. I have very acne-prone skin and it has only made things better for me. BUY IT. It is awesome and very cheap considering how much you get.

Comments

Really truly hydrates skin instead of just sit on top of skin, making skin baby soft and smooth Matte and smooth finish when absorbed. BIG RAVE! It takes a little time for this cream to set and absorb. Before absorbed, this cream is sticky However these cons can be eased by applying this cream on wet face or wet the hand and kind of blend and rub this cream with water in the palm then apply on the face. HG moisturizer Highly recommend. Skin profile Mild to moderate acne skin sufferer. Oily skin but flaky at the same time due to treatments (BP AHA Tretinoin) Have tried major products on the market that claims hydrating dry skin (Cetaphil CeraVe Olay Embryolisse Clinique..... and so on), nothing helped but either making me oily slick or breaking me out. None of them helped my flakiness. I also tried adding jojoba oil method to those products and the result is the same, and even worse made me break out into under skin cysts that never come to head. I always wake up with oily face when I use the products mentioned above and thought this is due to my skin problem (being oily) but every now and then when I get to tired and don't feel like put on anything before bed, my face actually is not that oily but kind of matte instead. Even though I only used this product for only two days, my skin has a major overnight improvement. My skin feels like finally have drunk enough water that the roughness is reduced. The greatest thing about this product is that I do not wake up with oily face from using the product! It is a huge tub (1LBS) with a pump which is very good. I would mainly use it on my face on night time therefore the monthly cost I estimate would be less than $1.00. In morning I will put on Vanicream Spf 60 which is also a great product for me that I might give it a review at an appropriate place.

Comments

moisturizes skin well doesn't clog pores expensive buy it!

Popular Dry/Sensitive