The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash Reviews

Brand: The Body Shop

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash

My face has never looked better.

This is the ONLY face wash I have ever used that gave me actual results. I have extremely oily skin with lots of blackheads, red bumps, and hyper pigmentation. After using this wash twice a day (ONLY the wash, nothing else from the tea tree line) for a week, my skin transformed. It foams up just enough to cleanse nicely without stripping any important oils from the skin. The red bumps I've had on my chin for years have faded and the blackheads on my nose are almost gone. The hyper pigmentation on my cheek has faded as well and my skin is sooo smooth and my complexion is getting better every day. PS!! I DID experience a shot "purging" period. Purging is when your face breaks out suddenly after using a new product and its very common for me, so I kept using it. I would recommend this wash to anyone with acne troubles. The bottle lasts a long time because you need less than a dime size amount.

Comments

Best thing I've ever used.

I just want to begin this post by saying I've never reviewed anything before. I've struggled with moderate-severe acne for the past two years on and off. I've tried everything- salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, acne.org regimen (which definitely helped, but after I stopped using it two months later I broke out even worse) and even went to consult a dermatologist. When I saw them, I begged them not to prescribe me with a topical treatment that would burn out my skin. They gave me tretinoin and it did nothing but make my acne worse, I tried this for two months then decided to stop. I've researched so many things online, have tried supplements, vitamins, gummies, drinking collagen supplements that tasted absolutely disgusting-- anything that claimed it would help my acne. I finally came across the body shop's tea tree products and decided to try the 3 step gift set. It came with the facial wash, toner, and on the spot tea tree oil. On top of that, I also got the tea tree anti-imperfection serum as well. I've always been a huge advocate for tea tree oil in helping acne, and when I took those few months off of tea tree, I realized I should've never stopped. This product SAVED MY LIFE. Within 5 days, my skin was so extremely smooth and no new zits were forming. I bought the anti-imperfection serum as well for my acne scars, and I'm so happy I did. i thought they would never go away, but after two weeks of using that product they're almost completely gone. I am so blessed to find this product, believe me when I say I've tried absolutely everything in the book and I can't believe it's been two years and I finally came across this product. Give it time if it's not working for you, tea tree oil is the absolute best fighter against acne.

Gave me a Serious Break Out

I've never had bad acne just the odd pimple here and there.....then I started using this daily and my skin broke out soooo badly.....I kept using it for 2 months and just kept wondering why my skin was breaking out (pimples on pimples that didn't go away) so severely. ....just stopped using it and my skin is already clearing up!!

broke me out severely

i had heard great things about this wash, so i decided to try it out myself. the morning after i first tried it i had many new breakouts and i figured it was due to y skin purging and not being used to this product, so i carried on use in hope of seeing better results but it only got worse. i discontinued use and use dettol antibacterial soap instead on my face (which seems crazy i know) which helped clear up any acne caused from this product (i have sensitive skin prone to break outs.) - i now use cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and so far so good!

Comments

Extremely harsh for sentive skin!!!

So I used this a half year and i thought it would be good for my acne. I didn't even know that my skin is sensitive and that the cleanser should not let your skin look red and irritated. So it literally made my acne sooo bad that even a year later I had to suffer from the red scars that this product left. This cleanser was way too harsh for my skin and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin!!!

cfrim

Natural Solution

After going on Epiduo, my skin is very sensitive now and does not react well to many harsh cleansers. This one is very gentle on my skin and keeps it clean without drying it out. I love the smell, but it's not for everyone. I find that this cleanser makes my skin feel more clean and fresh if I leave it on my skin a bit longer before rinsing off (ie. 5 mins). It helps the skin feel clean and can reduce spots; however, it does not drastically clear the face of acne.

lkhan17

amazing

I have moderate to severe acne and it's terrible. I was worried about trying this facial wash since its made of natural ingredients (im used to using chemicals and stuff) but it works surprisingly well! I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with dry skin, since it WILL dry out your face, but it's perfect for oily skin like mine. I use it with my Clarisonic MIA and it helps to clean the brush too, since tea tree oil is antibacterial. It doesn't smell great, but it becomes unnoticeable after using a bit. I had terrible acne and it cleared up a lot, but once I switched to a Clean & Clear face wash when this ran out, I broke out all over again! However, do NOT buy the toner. I have thick skin that is far from sensitive, but it causes terrible burns and stings (that aren't even on open pimples!) and it smells awful. Overall, I love this product!

Comments

Worst face wash i ve eva used!

I dont ever write reviews n this is the first time m doin it!I ran out of my regular face wash n as it was out of stock i ordered this crappp!i hav an oily acne prone skin but my skin was almost clear.I hardly used this product for a week n broke out like crazyyyy!!its been about a month now n i still hav those ugly cystic acne all over my face!I will never ever recommend this product to any one!

Best acne-fighting product i have came across yet

I understand it works differently for anyone, i have an extremely sensitive acne-prone combination skin (oily t-zone, dry forehead and cheeks). I have bought body shop tea tree set of wash+toner+lotion and this trio works magic. I have had especially bad acne from 14-18y.o., now I am 23 and i still get pimples very often, i have tried many products including high-end ones that end up costing 10 times as much and this is THE BEST i have tried. I use kiehl's "Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser", after body shop TT face wash, toner and lotion, and then go to bed. And i kid you not I could see the result already after the first day, it soothes all kinds of skin inflammation and redness including pimples without drying the skin out. First time, i used it before going to bed and when i woke up i couldn't believe how much redness was gone. I cannot tell anything about using this product only, but the combination of 3 is just awesome. I rarely write reviews but this one deserves it.

Comments

Best skin clearing product I've ever bought.

I have had acne since I was about 9, and so the last 8 years of my life I had been looking for something that would clear up my skin, such as proactiv, clean and clear, neutrogena, Vichy, and much more. Nothing seemed to work for me, and over the years my acne just got worse and worse. I have extremely oily skin, but everything that I used just dried my skin out so much it would peel, even with moisturizer. I bought the Tea Tree wash, toner, and skin clearing lotion (like the 3 step process from proactiv) and almost instantly my skin started getting better. I eventually got the night blemish fade lotion, face mask, bb cream, pore minimizer, and scrub and I can tell you that everything works amazing. It doesn't dry out my skin at all because of the lightweight mositurizer. I alternate between the scrub and the wash, tone my face, and in the morning I use the normal lotion and at night I use the blemish fade. Personally when I wear makeup (which isn't often) I notice my face breaks out more than normal because of clogged pores, but with the tea tree bb cream it has good coverage and doesn't affect my skin! The prices are slightly high, but the 3 step process is cheaper than proactiv and it lasts about 3 months if you use them twice a day. The mask lasts forever, considering it is a fairly big container and I use it once or twice a week. No, it obviously didn't make my acne disappear, but within the last 2 months it has worked better than anything I have ever tried before. My skin is smoother, cleaner, and less red. I was reccomended these products from a friend with sensitive combination skin, and she has been using the same thing for 2 years now and still is obsessed with it. Amazing line, will definitely be buying again and would reccomend the entire line of tea tree products to anyone with oily, combination, dry, or acne prone skin, especially people with cistic acne.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash

I had a clear face.. after using this for a week i have so many acne on my face and the marks don't seem to fade now :'( .. I regret spending so much money for this and in turn get lots of ache on my face ..

Well, if it ain't broke don't fix it?

haven't been using it long but it seems to be working

I've only been using this product for 3 days but, so far, it is clearing the breakout I have right now. Prior to this I was using Dr Bronners tea tree oil soap which was working, but I decided I needed a change as it was becoming less effective. It is quite drying but I have very oily skin so I don't mind. I will update after 2 weeks.

Comments

I wanted it to work more than anything.

I was at a local Body Shop when I saw the 3-step set including this facial wash. I'm 15. I have oily, acne-prone skin and read so many good reviews on the tea tree oil line. It was pretty pricey and I've using it for about two months. I wanted it to work so badly as I've spent hundreds already on acne skincare when none have worked. It hasn't worked and I have more acne and acne scars than ever before.

Doesn't work for me.

Clears skin Makes skin dry out Burns Makes part of the face a little red at times I've been using this product for almost 4 months now. I was having little pimples on my face so I decided to get it. The first time I used it, I thought it smelt really nasty. plus it made parts of my face red and burn a little. Although eventually it cleared the pimples, my face ends up really dry with little patches so I always have to use moisturizer when i'm done. I hate that it dries my face out but for some reason, it makes my skin clearer and that's why I'm hooked to the product. I really wouldn't recommend this product especially if you have normal skin because it would get really dry and leave patches.

Comments

Great face wash. Got me clear!

Smells nice Skin looks and feels clean Clears up acne Can be expensive Can be hard to find I bought the whole kit for 20 bucks. Included the wash, toner, lotion, and oil for spot treatment. My skin never got over dried as well as it smelled and felt clean. It's been 3 months and I'm clear! Skin still has marks but they're fading. Best purchase I've made so far for helping my acne.

Comments

didn't clear my ance but was a good gentle cleanser

feels clean smells good doesn't clear acne made face red The Tea Tree from the body shop isn't for acne. This product didn't work at all. It cleaned but didn't clear. Sometimes made my face red. I would recommend this product to people that don't have acne.

Comments

may work for some but not me

soft skin feels clean a little stinky bad breakouts expensive First off I hear great things about this wash so that alone motivated me to spend 30 bucks on the kit. I tried it and my face broke out horrible! I'm used to maybe 5 pimples a month I was so sad because I really wanted this wash to work, it makes my skin feel soo soft afterwards and the smell fades after a few minute. so that was months ago and I just tried it again thinking maybe my skin just needs to get used to it.. nope horrible breakouts everywhere . this stuff just isn't for me.

tea tree made it worse

removes oil doesn't keep the skin clear leads to more breakouts expensive I've used this product for a year it worked at clearing the oil from my skin but has left my skin with more acne and dry skin that flakes off. Its a very expensive wash and I suspect the toner doesn't work :I also a few hours later my skin became oily in the t zone

Comments

Its nice, but not worth the price

no animal testing!! :) prevents future breakouts expensive I use the foaming face wash with tea tree oil. It does not help with existing breakouts but it does prevent skin from getting any worse. However for the price it costs, i don't think that it is worth getting it :(

Popular Liquid