x

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash reviews

3.1/5 - 45 reviews

Brand: The Body Shop

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash

Aqua/Water/Eau (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (Emulsifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Panthenol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil/Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), p-Anisic Acid (pH Modifier), Benzophenone-4 (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil/Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), t-Butyl Alcohol (Denaturant), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Caramel (Colour), CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake (Colorant), CI 42090/Blue 1 (Colour).

Mark product as reinstated

waste of money
Reviewed on December 29, 2017

DON'T YOU EVER BUY THIS ITEM. THIS PRODUCT GIVES ME MORE PIMPLES. I REGRET BUYING THIS. PONDS IS MUCH BETTER THAT THIS (NOT ADVERTISING)

Best thing I've ever used.
Reviewed on December 5, 2017

I just want to begin this post by saying I've never reviewed anything before. I've struggled with moderate-severe acne for the past two years on and off. I've tried everything- salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, acne.org regimen (which definitely helped, but after I stopped using it two months later I broke out even worse) and even went to consult a dermatologist. When I saw them, I begged them not to prescribe me with a topical treatment that would burn out my skin. They gave me tretinoin and it did nothing but make my acne worse, I tried this for two months then decided to stop. I've researched so many things online, have tried supplements, vitamins, gummies, drinking collagen supplements that tasted absolutely disgusting-- anything that claimed it would help my acne. I finally came across the body shop's tea tree products and decided to try the 3 step gift set. It came with the facial wash, toner, and on the spot tea tree oil. On top of that, I also got the tea tree anti-imperfection serum as well. I've always been a huge advocate for tea tree oil in helping acne, and when I took those few months off of tea tree, I realized I should've never stopped. This product SAVED MY LIFE. Within 5 days, my skin was so extremely smooth and no new zits were forming. I bought the anti-imperfection serum as well for my acne scars, and I'm so happy I did. i thought they would never go away, but after two weeks of using that product they're almost completely gone. I am so blessed to find this product, believe me when I say I've tried absolutely everything in the book and I can't believe it's been two years and I finally came across this product. Give it time if it's not working for you, tea tree oil is the absolute best fighter against acne.

Gave me a Serious Break Out
Reviewed on November 8, 2017

I've never had bad acne just the odd pimple here and there.....then I started using this daily and my skin broke out soooo badly.....I kept using it for 2 months and just kept wondering why my skin was breaking out (pimples on pimples that didn't go away) so severely. ....just stopped using it and my skin is already clearing up!!

broke me out severely
Reviewed on October 23, 2017

i had heard great things about this wash, so i decided to try it out myself.

the morning after i first tried it i had many new breakouts and i figured it was due to y skin purging and not being used to this product, so i carried on use in hope of seeing better results but it only got worse.

i discontinued use and use dettol antibacterial soap instead on my face (which seems crazy i know) which helped clear up any acne caused from this product

(i have sensitive skin prone to break outs.)

i now use cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and so far so good!

Extremely harsh for sentive skin!!!
Reviewed on June 4, 2017

So I used this a half year and i thought it would be good for my acne. I didn't even know that my skin is sensitive and that the cleanser should not let your skin look red and irritated. So it literally made my acne sooo bad that even a year later I had to suffer from the red scars that this product left. This cleanser was way too harsh for my skin and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin!!!

Good stuff
Reviewed on October 23, 2016

I use twice a day and I like the tea tree fragrance so fresh. Make my face very clean but not feel drying. My acne so calm.

Natural Solution
Reviewed on August 16, 2016

After going on Epiduo, my skin is very sensitive now and does not react well to many harsh cleansers. This one is very gentle on my skin and keeps it clean without drying it out. I love the smell, but it's not for everyone. I find that this cleanser makes my skin feel more clean and fresh if I leave it on my skin a bit longer before rinsing off (ie. 5 mins). It helps the skin feel clean and can reduce spots; however, it does not drastically clear the face of acne.

yuck
Reviewed on May 28, 2016

didnt like the smell of this product at all. have found something better(Neutrogena skin clearing range) to combat my occasional zits. and before i forget, i dislike the watery consistency too! argh!

tea tree
Reviewed on May 16, 2016

this tea tree cleanser didnt work for me..sad i really hope it would work because i bought the body shop tea tree toner and it works and i like the smell

Didn't work.
Reviewed on May 8, 2016

In fact it dried out my skin so badly. I love the tea tree line but this product just didn't do it for me.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clicnics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-fere
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by experts at Acne.org