The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask Reviews

Brand: The Body Shop

The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask

Just OK

I have a love hate feeling with this mask. What I like? 1. It has tingling/cooling sensation which it helps to calm my skin 2. It is very easy to apply. A small amount is enough to cover my entire face. 3. Easy to rinse off too. Unlike the other clay mask I ever used, this is by far the #1 clay mask which can be easily rinse off. 4. Use this mask and follow by tea tree oil is a WOW to me. My acne heal and shrink in just couple of days. 5. Face is clean and smooth each time after use. What I dislike? 1. The smell is not a tea tree smell. It is more to an artificial smell. 2. The color is artificial too. 3. Pricey 4. It does nothing other than cleanse, and heal acne.

JenCenzo

Nothing great

I used this mask a handful of times and each time I wasn't really crazy for it. It was very cooling and my skin felt very soft after. It does have a strong smell of Tea Tree oil to it but that didn't bother me. I could also feel it tingled when it was on. I stopped using it because I felt like this broke me out a little. I have acne/oily/sensitive skin and I will not be using this again.

Smells so nice!

I was a little unsure to buy this from the mix of reviews I have read. I have combination, acne prone skin and also have acne scars. I Wanted a new mask and I know tea tree is really good for the skin so I thought I would give it a go. The smell is so nice! Yes it does dry the skin but nothing a good moisturiser can deal with (I use cetaphil) I use this once a week and I'm happy with the results. Another thing I like is that your face tingles when you have the mask on which I like because you know the product is working. It is quite cheap to buy but I always buy this when its on offer. I would defiantly recommend for people who have oily, mild/moderate acne.

User410314

too thick, too drying

I'm not a fan of this texture- dense, not creamy- and don't think it does anything special that a kaolin/bentonite clay doesn't. It's one of the few Body Shop products I don't like.

Comments

Pretty inexpensive, tightened my pores and VISIBLY reduced my acne. Don't know why, but it really worked well for my skin. And my skin is OILY. Smells a little weird, but it's not as bad as the mud one I used to use. It peels a little bit, so say if i'm reading with my mask on and I frown at something, there will definitely be lines showing up. Good, small little tub at a fair price. Worked well for my skin, but i'm going to go for a seaweed or one of the other Body Shp range. I only got tee tree oil because I occasionally get cysts and I knew it helped calm them down. :)

Guest Beth
Guest Beth

I use this mask every once in a while. The mask definitely has a powerful smell and tingle to it from the tea tree oil but you get used to it. I haven't noticed any changes to my skin from it and it doesn't really give me a clean feeling when I'm done. I just keep on using it mainly because it was expensive as hell.

Guest Kay
Guest Kay

-I bought the product when it was on sale! I saved myself $9 which is great -I loved the cooling sensation the product gave after I used it. This face mask was truly a face mask -The smell is intense, but you get used to it -The product looks oily in the container, which could mean the product is oily on your face! I found that my skin felt a lot more oily the day after I used this product I wouldn't buy this product again because I felt that it was creating more oil on my face rather than get rid of the oil. The scent is not pleasant enough to want to buy again, and $15 to repurchase this is not great. Save your money and try something else from the Body Shop instead? Look into the Seaweed or Vitamin C/E lines?

Comments

Nice cooling sensation, seems to dry up surface oil/sebum. The mask clogs open pores, doesn't seem to penetrate deeply enough and had little to no effect on my acne. I used to work at the Body Shop and so I got this mask at half price. It is in fact quite expensive at about €16 or so I can remember. I used it about once a week or when my acne got particularly bad. However, I wouldn't get it again I mean it doesn't do much more than a bit of surface calming and soothing. Masks are overrated in my opinion

Popular All-over treatments