Page 3 of Tetralysal Lymecycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

Brand: Tetralysal

Lymecycline.

Other Ingredients:
Magnesium Stearate and Colloidal Hydrated Silica, Gelatin, titanium dioxide (E171), erythrosine (E127), quinoline yellow (E104) and indigotine (E132).

Tetralysal Lymecycline Oral Antibiotic

Has worked wonders for my never ending acne Rosacea.
Reviewed on February 10, 2016

Apologies for the long review! Like some other reviewers I live in the Uk and have recently been prescribed lymecycline. Historically I have suffered acne since teens (I am now 32) and took a course of accutane at age 17 which wasn't pleasant (my skin flaked off in layers, so embarrassing!) but ultimately worked brilliantly. Tried chemical peels and laser which gave a nice taut celebrity glow, but didn't seem to address the acne. Long term Oxytetracycline acted only to mask the problem and would return immediately after finishing a course. In my 20's, whilst on birth control (Yasmin) my skin was borderline 'ok'. However after progressive worsening side effects on the pill (terrible migraines, personality alterations and a high risk of stroke) I gave these up and my acne returned - an insidious creeping rosacea type acne with painful watery pus under the skin, almost as if it was infected, rather than boils. My first GP diagnosed infected eczema, my 2nd acne. A skin clinician finally said acne rosacea as I'm slightly red headed. Apparently that's a factor. Several months after I gave birth I am on the above antibiotics and within a couple of weeks it has worked a treat on the inflammation - I finally have clear skin again after years of weeping messy areas on my face. Have to admit the side effects for me are nausea and dizzy episodes - naively I didn't expect any - so now I take the tablet at night, with food rather than in the morning. Who knows how long it will last, but making up a clear face where you can appreciate your features and not undertake a mission in camouflage is a novelty that will never wear off!!! I am over the moon!!!

Temporary solution but overall no point
Reviewed on January 14, 2016

After 6 months, skin was clear, stayed like that for 3 months, then back to where I started. But now, my body is immune to this antibiotic, and it's unlikely that is its only long term impact. If you are iffy about this - it is pointless, try accutane first or just some stronger antibiotic.

Bad
Reviewed on December 26, 2015

When I first starting taking Lymecycline I had bad side effects, which included nausea and diarrhoea. I started questioning whether the severity of side effects were worth it. I've been taking Lymecycline for around 7 months now, at first after around 2 months my acne began to clear, my acne has never been too bad. However, they did not stay away for long and never went completely. My acne then came back aggressively and is now very sore and much worse then they use to be. I now get them on my back, quite badly and I've only ever had the odd one or two there. In my opinion lymecycline is not an effective acne treatment, as your body and immune system seems to familiarise itself with the antibiotic and stops it working. Now I'm left feeling even more conscious of my skin.

good
Reviewed on December 7, 2015

worked well for 6 months and from then on slightly ineffective. worth a try!

Nothing for face, maybe for body?
Reviewed on September 18, 2015

I did not use this particular brand (I live in the UK and was simply prescribed Lymecycline) but I would like to leave a review. I have mild acne which looks worse than it is, and I found that this did nothing for it. I didn't notice any improvement on my face, however, I had a couple of spots here and there on my back and chest, and this cleared them up slightly, so perhaps this would be good for someone looking to clear their body.

1month
Reviewed on September 12, 2015

I've suffered from persistent mild acne since I was 12, I thought it was something that would go away with age, but I'm now 23 and even though I've found methods to break out less, I still have continued to break out regardless. Finally asked my gp for an oral treatment, he gave me Tetrasyl to take once a day. At first my acne wasnt improving, then I started to notice a difference in my skin, which became considerably less oily. One thing I definitely noticed with this is that if I missed my dose by 8 hours for example I'd end up with a break out. So it is definitely something you have to take at the same time each day. Also I didn't really see a noticeable improvement till the 3rd week where I realised I had barely any breakouts. After a month, I am now on lymecylcine 400mg but I have just started so it is difficult to say if my skin will continue to improve. I will definitely post again after another month. One final note, my gp actually said that lymecyline takes a while to see a major difference so definitely stick with it!

Worked fantastic ( depend on other medication you take)
Reviewed on September 10, 2015

I have been on lymecycline for over 6 years ( with a break while pregnant) it worked so well and couldn't believe my skin, I started weaning myself off as one of the side effects I have noticed developing ( yellowing/discolouring of teeth) so went to every other day which still maintained it, I then tried every 3rd day which continued well with occasional red patch lasting a few days only.

However I have started a new medication for early menopause ( been on for approx 6 weeks) which has now caused my skin to be extremely dry, very sore and red with few pimples so I am now taking everyday again so far I haven't noticed a difference at all and worried now that I'm skin will be like this all the time, and being a beauty therapist doesn't look great for new clients who don't know I have rosecea .

Anyone know of other medication that May worked just in case?

Clear skin for the first time in 6 years
Reviewed on September 2, 2015

I started on limecycline after years of never having even a day of clear skin and then a sudden attack of very severe acne, at first it got rid of the majority of larger breakouts but gave me loads of tiny bumps which wouldn't go away. However, I persevered and 4 months on I have completely clear skin. I still get the odd one here and there but they disappear within a day. Before this I tried everything you could think of and now I am confident without makeup and my self esteem has been completely rescued. I could not recommend this more.

Worked for a while, then broke out like crazy
Reviewed on August 16, 2015

I started taking lymecycline around January for 5 months and after a few weeks my skin was so clear, I only had one or two spots and they were no where near as severe as they used to be. However, around the end of March my spots all came back and they were even worse than before and on places of my face that I never used to get them, so I stopped taking them a few weeks after my spots returned because they clearly had no effect now.

by aaronjoee on 08/27/2015 22:32
I have a very similar case to you.. I'm 4 months through my 6 month treatment and after having amazingly clear skin i've been breaking out real bad over the past week. :(
Works well combined with healthy lifestyle (If you stick with it)
Reviewed on August 3, 2015

I've been on these back and forth over a year now (which you shouldnt, you must stick with the treatment from beginning to end)

It works well for me, after only a couple of days i stop to get yellow "pore clugs" and it is getting better slowly but steady.

However when my prescription had ended last time the crap came back, Almost worse than before.

Probably because of poor diet etc.

It works different for everyone but this medicine combined with healthy diet, exercise, plenty of sleep with a static sleep pattern and clean bedclothing works well for me.

by As123 on 10/14/2016 10:33
I think you could be right about the healthy lifestyle, though not sure about the effectiveness of Lymecycline as I've only been using it about a week. But what you say does make s lot of sense: people do tend to rely just on the 'antibiotic' with no concern towards anything else that could potentially improve their skin and also have general benefits for the body e.g. , diet, exercise etc.