Tetralysal Lymecycline Oral Antibiotic

Tetralysal Lymecycline Oral Antibiotic Reviews

Brand: Tetralysal

Lymecycline.

Other Ingredients:
Magnesium Stearate and Colloidal Hydrated Silica, Gelatin, titanium dioxide (E171), erythrosine (E127), quinoline yellow (E104) and indigotine (E132).

The Experience So Far

Hey everyone, I am new to the website and I thought I would write about my experience so far regarding Lymecycline for those who are not sure whether to start a course. I have been struggling with acne since I was 13. It started off very very mild and I would have small whiteheads there and there, this would usually be a minor issue. As I started turning 14 the spots were getting bigger and they started appearing all over my face, particularly on my forehead and chin. I didn’t think much of it at the time as I was told spots were a normal part of growing up. I started wearing foundation to cover them up and everything was fine, at that point. A year later in the summer time I started noticing that I was getting red dots on my shoulders and chest. I was quite worried and asked my parents what this was and their response was “it’s just spots they will go away by themselves.” Even though I was told that, I became very self concious when it came to wearing things that showed off my back or chest. Next came neck spots. Not on the back of my neck but at the front. They were usually underneath my jawline but I did get them on my neck too. I am 17 now and I still suffer with all these problems. The acne that appears on my face is very rarely whiteheads but just red pimples and they’re mostly everywhere. The acne on my chest is actually very very mild and I rarely get pimpes there but when I do theyre also red “un popable” pimples. My back is clear apart from the top of it and the shoulders. The shoulders tend to break out quite a bit in those red small pimples and the top of my back usually breaks out in painful but small pimples. The front of my neck gets a small red pimple now and again, but they’re very painful and mainly whiteheads. To add to all this, I’ve been getting pimples on my booty. For the past 2 years I decided that I would live with the acne until it disappeared on it’s own. This is not a bad idea as teenage acne USUALLY does clear up by itself as you enter adulthood. The winter time for me has always been good, as I am able to cover up the acne on my body with jumpers, sweaters etc. But when it comes to the summer time, I always become depressed. I want to wear clothes that will keep me cool but it’s so hard not to feel self conscious. Therefore I always stick to clothes that cover me. When it comes to the beach I am VERY self conscious, but I know this is my only time to make them less visible because of tanning. A couple weeks ago I experienced the WORST outbreak I could possibly imagine. It started from the side of my neck to the centre. All red whiteheads that hurt me even when not touching them. I was so upset. I already suffer from depression for other reasons so you could only imagine how triggering this was for me. I couldn’t feel worse. I cried about it multiple times and felt like I didn’t want to live anymore. I am going away with my boyfriend and his family in July and I decided that acne CANNOT be an issue for me anymore. By the way, my boyfriend is very supportive of my acne, he’s the only one that can make me feel better about my situation. I saw my GP and told him about my issue and he prescribed me Lymecycline and 5% benzyl peroxide gel face wash to use every day and night. So far I have been using the medication for 2 weeks and I haven’t seen much difference. Although, the redness on my face has gone down a bit as well as the pimples I get aren’t big or full of pus. They also usually start to dissapear the next day. But that may be the face wash. I only use the face wash at night time as it really dries my face out. I am on a 6 week course with the Lymecycline and have been told to come back after it’s over in order to see if I need more Lymecyline which I think I will. The only side effects I have had is minor diarrhoea, a rash around my neck which is now disappearing and a itchy neck overal. I am very so sorry that this post is so long but I just wanted to tell my situation just in case someone is going through the same thing. I would really like to make my own post on here as I would love to document my experience but not sure how to do it. I hope that anyone who tries this medication gets the results they want! Be patient as I heard this particular medication takes a while to properly kick in! Good luck! :)

Recommend

I had taken lymecycline for a while and it took some time to kick in but once it did it make my skin so clear. However I didn’t realise how much it was benefitting my skin so I decided to try something else and my skin broke out bad☹� But now I’m going to go back to them hoping they will have the same effect again 🤞�( I found taking it with the tropical solution is a great combination)

Be patient

To anyone who thinks it’s not workkong or its getting worse, please don’t give up! I used tetralycal bout 3 years ago when I was completely in despair. I hated the way I looked. I took it alongside epiduo cream. And boy did it get worse! I was in pain, I was bright red, it felt raw, it was peeling and I actually felt worse than before I had started. But it got better. So much better!! You really have to hang in and be patient. I can not Neil e the change on my face today. I have no scaring whatsoever and can walk out the door with clear skin. Please don’t give up. It will get better!

User648573

Good for mild-moderate acne

This medication took about 8 weeks to really kick in, but once it did my skin hadn’t been as clear since before my acne developed. Be patient! I didn’t experience any side effects, although it could’ve been the culprit of a slight liver notice in a blood test whilst I was on it (I took lymecycline for a very extensive period) Unfortunately, I relied on this for too long so eventually stopped being effective and had to move onto Roaccutane. But I think it is a promising method for mild to moderate acne, for people that topical creams etc haven’t worked, or have stopped working. I think it’s tough to give this med a 1-star review. For those people that it hasn’t worked on probably have a severe form of acne and need to move onto the likes of Roaccutane. But unfortunately, weaker methods need to be tried first; I’ve suffered for a few years on and off until I was referred to a dermatologist. Also, (if it isn’t mentioned when you take it) it’s probably worth trying to ween off slowly at the end of the course e.g. taking every other day, then every 2 days etc. My acne broke out badly after abruptly stopping.

Not that happy so far

I’ve been on lymecycline for 3 weeks today and my skin is still really quite bad, I saw a reduction of redness in the first few weeks but now I’ve seem to have gotten more acne in the past few days and my cheek and forehead spots are really quite red. I am taking one 408mg capsule per day as perscribes from my doctor but I feel it’s not working quick enough, but I will stick with it as I am too scared to up my dosage without consulting my doctor. I am on them for 2 months so I am nearly halfway through and my skin is still very bad and I just hope they take action soon or I will be very disappointed. But best of luck to you all.

Was my wonder drug!! BUT only 15 months

I was put on this at 15 in June 2016 and honestly it worked wonders. it cleared up my acne (obviously I still got a couple of spots but it was nowhere near acne and what can you ask for? its not made for miracles.), anyhow it cleared it up brilliantly until it started to deteriorate in September 2017(same time I started a new college) I came off it then (in hindsight a bad choice) and I'm now on something else, praying for a quick result. Honestly I would suggest trying it, it's unlikely that it will deteriorate for you as it did for me. Hope this helps someone :)

Waste of time - avoid

After trying various cycline antibiotics, lymecycline was the next thing prescribed. I would highly suggest many avoid this outdated tablet. After the first month I saw absolutely no improvements so I decided to wait till month 2 on the course - bad mistake. I now have bad inflammation in my stomach and my skin has gone even worse prior to taking the tablets. STAY AWAY and see a dermatologist and stop taking these antibiotics which no longer work on the human body.

Comments

Worked the first time round..

I took a bad breakout Christmas 2016, and I was prescribed this alongside zinyert. Cleared my skin right up, the best it ever was. About 6 months down the line it has returned and I'm on the 8th week of these tablets now. They haven't responded as well alongside Skinoren. Last time in 2 months my acne was completely gone. Giving it 1 more month then I'll be requesting something different. 3 months is long enough.

Lymecycline

I’ve been taking Lymecycline 1 a day for 5 weeks now with no improvements whatsoever, is it worth upping my doseage to 2 a day? Will it speed things up? Also was put on Dianette 10 days ago but I know that takes a while to kick in!

Jamiejam13

All hope is not lost

I never suffered with any form of acne when I was a teen, or even into my early adult years, but around my mid 20s I found myself getting spots on my chin. It first started around my period, but about 2 years ago it became serious. I was getting these huge hard lumps on my chin, normally to the left or right, which would turn to a whitehead. They were so painful. I had to chose carefully what I could eat because it hurt to open my mouth wide. It started affecting my esteem and my confidence was shot to shreds. I was so mis-informed for a long time thinking it was maybe the products I was using or the foods I was eating. Until October 2016, I sobbed in the doctors and this female doctor prescribed lymecycline, she was worried what it was doing to me mentally. She told me they would take 2 months to get into my system and not to expect a quick fix. At one point in the mirror I counted 19 whiteheads and cried myself to sleep. And then out of nowhere, they worked. The tablets actually worked. The doctors also gave me a differin cream to use before bed and together they have absolutely changed my life. Don't get me wrong, I researched the crap out of lymecycline when I first took it. Reviews were heavily mixed and I felt this was just another useless shot at normal skin. I stopped taking lymecycline 1 month ago and my skin has never looked better. Don't get me wrong I'm 29 and my job is stressful, and I'm still human, i get drunk, a lot, and eat pizza like its syn free, and I still get a spot now and then. But they're small. So bloody small in comparison. My advice would be to take them and stick it out. I took them for 11 months and although it meant our plans to start a family had to be put on hold, it was absolutely worth it. Beyond worth it. I'm back to my normal self and I couldn't thank that doctor enough.

Are you still acne free or did they come back? I was just wondering because I'm taking those capsules and my acne looks worser than when I started and I heard that to some people the acne came back a couple of months after they stopped and they were worse because the bacteria became more resistant.
Tig

Great while it worked

A bit like doxycycline - worked great for a few months, cleared my skin and then stopped working. It didn't actually clear my skin quite as well as the doxycycline in that it didn't leave it all baby soft and perfect but it gets 4 stars because if I took one on an empty stomach I wouldn't get the hideous nausea that I did a couple of times when I forgot to eat something first on doxycycline. I did stop for a few months and then try to lymecycline again but it didn't work second time around.

Lymecycline 408mg

I'm 22 and have had acne on my back since the age of about 15. When I turned 21 I also started to develop mild acne on my cheeks. After trying various medication I have seen a dramatic change to my back acne since using Lymecycline - I'd go as far to say that 3/4 of all acne on my back has gone. I was prescribed the 408mg by a private dermatologist and have taken 2 tablets a day for 3 months (NHS can only recommend 1 a day). This medicine in addition to Duac gel has really helped and I would definitely recommend! However I would only say 4 stars as my facial acne has not significantly improved (To note I am not taking the Tetralysal brand - just Lymecycline so not sure if this makes a difference?)

Works somewhat

I'm 21 and have had acne since i was 9. I went on this medication when I was 14 and it fully cleared my acne. However, after a few months, my acne started to appearing again and I wasn't getting the results I wanted so I stopped taking it. I am now 21 and have been on it a year and it has helped, however only slightly. I stick with it as it is so much better than my full blown face of acne! I know also have more hormonal and cystic acne as oppose to teenage acne all over my face. I'd like to note that this is the only anti-biotic that worked for me and many others I tried had no effect on my acne. I've experienced little side effects and this is an okay temporary solution (the acne will come back if you stop taking it)

Causes Colitis

Lymecycline had little to no affect on my acne. However, after 2-3 months I started experiencing stomach cramps and persistent bloody diarrhea. After multiple trips to the doctors, stool samples and, eventually, a colonoscopy at the hospital; I was diagnosed with antibiotic induced Colitis. Not worth it.

just started using

My face started breaking out badly like a month ago, Went to the hospital and ive Just started using it 2 days ago and Im hoping for the best, although my face has been feeling quite hot and burning today: the doctor prescribed it to me together with Skinoren cream and medacin t topical gel. was looking at the reviews for both creams and all are positive aside from Tetralysal . i have an appointment with my doctor after one month use; as she said 1 month will be enough to see the good results. wish me the best of luck, i cant wait to have my flawless face back again.

Gutted but hopeful

I'm 38, I had moderate acne as a teenager but was clear by 21. At the age of 27 and started getting massive cysts on me cheeks, and they lasted for months ( I had a couple that lasted over a year). I was given Lymecycline and Differin but I'm impatient so I ditched them and opted for a faster treatment. After spending 1000's on different treatments (N-Light cost a fortune but was crap). Eventually I got fed up and went back onto my prescribed medication,and within a couple of months my spots cleared (I was angry with myself for not giving them more time). I took Lymecycline for about 3 years and gradually eased myself off them, I kept up with Differin but only used it every other day and eventually I stopped (7 years clear). I got the odd tiny pimple but nothing drastic, that was until Christmas 2016. Out of the blue I had a bad breakout (not as bad as before, but enough to effect my confidence) this coincided with me being told I was being made redundant. I'm back on Lymecycline and Differin, but I reckon the main reason why my acne cleared up when I was 30 was because I stopped stressing about it, and I believe the reason it came back was down to stress. So folks, my words of advice is, keep calm, avoid looking in the mirror and try and get a good nights sleep.

Negative effect on microbiota

The dermatologist prescribed me a 3 months Tetralysal treatment for acne. The acne did disappear temporarily but instead I got a skin fungal infection, a gastritis type C and intestinal problems diagnosed as fructosemalabsorption. I strongly advise against the use of Tetralysal for the treatment of acne, as antibiotics have a negative influence on all body bacteria. In my case, it disrupted my entire endogenuous bacterial colony. Three monhts acne-free were swapped for one and a half year of stomac and intestinal problems with an extra skin fungus on top of it. By the way, the acne returns. Scientific proof for the negatve effects of antibiotics on mircobiota can be found at: [link edited out] [link edited out]

I was prescribed Lymecycline (which did nothing for my acne) and after a few months it gave me colitis which required a colonoscopy at the hospital. Not worth it.

tetra lies to you

I am going to be honest with you , this product works temporarily because you are using it with a face wash and a treatment cream ,so basically you have to figure out which one is making it better and which one is making it worse , treat your acne inside by lots of water healthy fresh foods and rather use the facial products which is less harmful to your body

Great for acne

I've been taking this about four weeks and my breakouts stopped, but the red marks are not fading, which is my biggest problem. I hope the antibiotics do treat the inflamed marks, but there's still plenty of time to see if they are good at eliminating them. But as far as the acne is concerned, I strongly recommend Lymecycline as it's great at removing spots.

you can make your own vitamin c serum for your face, really easily it works wonders for scars and redness. you can find how to videos of YouTube

does okay for a 13 year old with acne

hi there, 4 weeks ago i went to my local doctors for a prescription for acne ( i used to have duac ream but i stopped using it as it made my skin flaky and dry) lucklily my doctor gave me pills this time. I was so happy that there was something i could use to treat my acne that is approved my doctors as i have used nearly every treatment in the acne isle to treat my acne and nothing as worked, ive used sudocream,face scrubs,face masks,daily wash,home made remedies,spot gels,anti bacterial soap,sun cream,duac,spot cream and none of them worked the slightest. So the doctors prescribes me tetralysal 300 (thats was it called in the uk but i think its got a different name in america lymecyline or sommin) and omg it was amazing i instatley noticed smooter skin and i would get less breakout and my face wasent as red , but i would say it takes itstime to work. Im currently on my fourth week of taking it and all my friends have noticed that my face has dramitacally changed but im currently waiting for the scars to go which im using sudocream and bio oil to deal wit scars. ps anyone notice that tetrelysal tastes of corn lol????

nice

Taking it in conjunction with azelaic acid. Not sure what if it's this or the azelaic acid that's improving my skin... maybe both. But my skin in just 2 weeks has had no breakouts and my hyperpigmentation is fading. Yay!

this combination made my acne worse ):

Be patient and this will work!!

I have been taking Lymecycline for 6 months and I am finally happy with my skin. My advice for anybody starting out on this antibiotic would be to stick with it! The acne on my back and chest cleared within one month but I didn't start seeing noticeable results on my face for about 4/5 months. The best thing about this was that I experienced 0 side effects and had no initial breakout. A bit about my experiences with acne and what I've learnt: Age: I'm a 23 year old male and I didn't start getting spots until I was about 17. Problem areas: Over the last six years I always had 6/7 BAD spots on my chin. My forehead was always clear and my cheeks were mild. Skin products: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! I would say over the last 6 years I've spent at least £1,000 on various cleansers, toners, 3 step programmes, exfoliators etc. All these did was aggravate my skin. I've learnt that less is more (I use a mild cleanser with aloe vera in the shower every day and then a little bit of Cetaphil moisturiser). Skin treatments: Again I wasted money on glycolic peels at Sk:n and these had no effect. I also tried acupuncture when I was desperate and this (obviously) did nothing. Topical antibiotics: These can actually be pretty good but I find that your skin becomes immune to their effects. A few years ago I used Epiduo (benzoyl peroxide) and although it caused my face to become red and flaky if I overused it, it did clear up my skin quite well. After six months it stopped having any effect. If I get any spots now I apply a small amount of Differin cream (Adapalene) and this seems to speed up the process. Picking spots: If you can avoid picking spots then I recommend leaving them alone. I find that if you try force a spot too early then it will just end up growing back the next day. I know its horrible to walk around with a huge white head on your face but if you let it naturally come to the surface then it should break on it's own in the shower and then heal immediately. Diet: This is something I'm still not sure about. Again I wasted money (sigh) seeing a nutritionist who put me on a healthy diet plan including 12 vitamins a day but after 3 months I saw no change. However, I suspect that anything sweet or sugary can trigger my acne to flare up but it's hard to be 100% sure. Roaccutane: I took this for 4 months when I was 19 and I was completely clear after about 6 weeks. However the dryness was ridiculous (cracked lips, flaky hands, nose bleeds, sore scalp, itchy eyes) and so I didn't want to do it a second time. With regards to depression, the rumours about it's effects caused me to feel anxious. I'm sure if I never read any news stories about it then I wouldn't have even considered it but this was always something that worried me. If you have severe acne I would still recommend Roaccutane as it works wonders but don't make the same mistake I did and come off of it as soon as your skin clears up as it will just come back. For anybody suffering with acne I know how frustrating it is. I missed out on so many opportunities and made excuses for not attending parties/gatherings/dates etc because I didn't want to socialise with bad spots on my face. For years the first thing I would do upon waking up would be to look in the mirror and groan about the state of my face. It’s so great now to just do whatever I want every day and not plan my life around when my skin is good or bad. I’m going to keep taking Lymecycline for the forseeable future until I feel that my skin can manage on it’s own. For me oral antibiotics is the only way to clear your skin. Just be patient and keep the faith!

Did it clear inflammation too?