x

Tetralysal Lymecycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

Brand: Tetralysal

Lymecycline.

Other Ingredients:
Magnesium Stearate and Colloidal Hydrated Silica, Gelatin, titanium dioxide (E171), erythrosine (E127), quinoline yellow (E104) and indigotine (E132).

Not that happy so far
Reviewed on January 3, 2018

I’ve been on lymecycline for 3 weeks today and my skin is still really quite bad, I saw a reduction of redness in the first few weeks but now I’ve seem to have gotten more acne in the past few days and my cheek and forehead spots are really quite red.

I am taking one 408mg capsule per day as perscribes from my doctor but I feel it’s not working quick enough, but I will stick with it as I am too scared to up my dosage without consulting my doctor.

I am on them for 2 months so I am nearly halfway through and my skin is still very bad and I just hope they take action soon or I will be very disappointed. But best of luck to you all.

No effect at all.
Reviewed on December 24, 2017

Been on the pills for 3 months plus been using Differin gel everyday both have not helped my skin AT ALL. Just getting worse.

Useless products.

Was my wonder drug!! BUT only 15 months
Reviewed on December 19, 2017

I was put on this at 15 in June 2016 and honestly it worked wonders. it cleared up my acne (obviously I still got a couple of spots but it was nowhere near acne and what can you ask for? its not made for miracles.), anyhow it cleared it up brilliantly until it started to deteriorate in September 2017(same time I started a new college) I came off it then (in hindsight a bad choice) and I'm now on something else, praying for a quick result. Honestly I would suggest trying it, it's unlikely that it will deteriorate for you as it did for me. Hope this helps someone :)

Waste of time - avoid
Reviewed on December 16, 2017

After trying various cycline antibiotics, lymecycline was the next thing prescribed. I would highly suggest many avoid this outdated tablet. After the first month I saw absolutely no improvements so I decided to wait till month 2 on the course - bad mistake. I now have bad inflammation in my stomach and my skin has gone even worse prior to taking the tablets.

STAY AWAY and see a dermatologist and stop taking these antibiotics which no longer work on the human body.

Worked the first time round..
Reviewed on November 8, 2017

I took a bad breakout Christmas 2016, and I was prescribed this alongside zinyert. Cleared my skin right up, the best it ever was.

About 6 months down the line it has returned and I'm on the 8th week of these tablets now. They haven't responded as well alongside Skinoren. Last time in 2 months my acne was completely gone.

Giving it 1 more month then I'll be requesting something different. 3 months is long enough.

Lymecycline
Reviewed on October 22, 2017

I’ve been taking Lymecycline 1 a day for 5 weeks now with no improvements whatsoever, is it worth upping my doseage to 2 a day? Will it speed things up? Also was put on Dianette 10 days ago but I know that takes a while to kick in!

All hope is not lost
Reviewed on September 26, 2017

I never suffered with any form of acne when I was a teen, or even into my early adult years, but around my mid 20s I found myself getting spots on my chin. It first started around my period, but about 2 years ago it became serious. I was getting these huge hard lumps on my chin, normally to the left or right, which would turn to a whitehead. They were so painful. I had to chose carefully what I could eat because it hurt to open my mouth wide. It started affecting my esteem and my confidence was shot to shreds. I was so mis-informed for a long time thinking it was maybe the products I was using or the foods I was eating. Until October 2016, I sobbed in the doctors and this female doctor prescribed lymecycline, she was worried what it was doing to me mentally. She told me they would take 2 months to get into my system and not to expect a quick fix. At one point in the mirror I counted 19 whiteheads and cried myself to sleep. And then out of nowhere, they worked. The tablets actually worked. The doctors also gave me a differin cream to use before bed and together they have absolutely changed my life. Don't get me wrong, I researched the crap out of lymecycline when I first took it. Reviews were heavily mixed and I felt this was just another useless shot at normal skin. I stopped taking lymecycline 1 month ago and my skin has never looked better. Don't get me wrong I'm 29 and my job is stressful, and I'm still human, i get drunk, a lot, and eat pizza like its syn free, and I still get a spot now and then. But they're small. So bloody small in comparison.

My advice would be to take them and stick it out. I took them for 11 months and although it meant our plans to start a family had to be put on hold, it was absolutely worth it. Beyond worth it. I'm back to my normal self and I couldn't thank that doctor enough.

by Just me... on 01/15/2018 20:28
Are you still acne free or did they come back? I was just wondering because I'm taking those capsules and my acne looks worser than when I started and I heard that to some people the acne came back a couple of months after they stopped and they were worse because the bacteria became more resistant.
Great while it worked
Reviewed on September 14, 2017

A bit like doxycycline - worked great for a few months, cleared my skin and then stopped working. It didn't actually clear my skin quite as well as the doxycycline in that it didn't leave it all baby soft and perfect but it gets 4 stars because if I took one on an empty stomach I wouldn't get the hideous nausea that I did a couple of times when I forgot to eat something first on doxycycline.

I did stop for a few months and then try to lymecycline again but it didn't work second time around.

Lymecycline 408mg
Reviewed on September 5, 2017

I'm 22 and have had acne on my back since the age of about 15. When I turned 21 I also started to develop mild acne on my cheeks. After trying various medication I have seen a dramatic change to my back acne since using Lymecycline - I'd go as far to say that 3/4 of all acne on my back has gone. I was prescribed the 408mg by a private dermatologist and have taken 2 tablets a day for 3 months (NHS can only recommend 1 a day). This medicine in addition to Duac gel has really helped and I would definitely recommend! However I would only say 4 stars as my facial acne has not significantly improved (To note I am not taking the Tetralysal brand - just Lymecycline so not sure if this makes a difference?)

Works somewhat
Reviewed on September 1, 2017

I'm 21 and have had acne since i was 9. I went on this medication when I was 14 and it fully cleared my acne. However, after a few months, my acne started to appearing again and I wasn't getting the results I wanted so I stopped taking it. I am now 21 and have been on it a year and it has helped, however only slightly. I stick with it as it is so much better than my full blown face of acne! I know also have more hormonal and cystic acne as oppose to teenage acne all over my face.

I'd like to note that this is the only anti-biotic that worked for me and many others I tried had no effect on my acne. I've experienced little side effects and this is an okay temporary solution (the acne will come back if you stop taking it)

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org