Tea Tree Oil reviews

Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil."

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

Works perfectly!
Reviewed on July 31, 2017

My skin is fairly good, but sometimes I get pimples. Even though, the smell of the oil is quite strong, it makes pimples disappear in 3-6 days for me. Of course, everyone's skin is different, as all the reviews thus far prove, but it's worth a shot.

P.S. Don't use the oil in large quantities, especially near your eyes or all over your face! The oil is very strong so it may cause redness, itching, and blistering. Be careful!

Sadly doesn't work for me
Reviewed on June 26, 2017

It's a magic potion, based on its characteristics it do wonders for acne strugglers. For me, unfortunately, it didn't. I broke out massively on the spots I used this. It's either because it was a bit too aggressive but I think I have a sort of allergic reaction from it.

Didn't work
Reviewed on June 19, 2017

its too irritating for my sensitive skin and the smell is awful. I replaced it with Aloe Vera and honey & lemon face masks. The change is fantastic.

Jusr doesn't work for me
Reviewed on June 12, 2017

I don't know why but this oil never works for me. I have stubborn acne and tea tree oil just doesn't do anything. Not for everyone I guess. Can't stand the smell either

Life changing if you get high quality essential oils!
Reviewed on May 15, 2017

I am so excited about tea tree oil!! I have recently become so fed up with being a slave to acne products. I've struggled with acne since I was like 10 years old (not exaggerating...), now I am an adult, with two children, and am still dealing with acne. Dumb. And I feel like I have tried SO many things for my skin (prescription drugs, prescription topical creams, birth control, Proactiv, and a million store-bought regimes.) BOO. SO DONE. The one thing that I know works with my skin is Benzoyl Peroxide. But I hate using it! I hate that it stains things, I think it's giving me wrinkles, I hate that my skin is so dependent on it - (like am I going to be be buying this for FOREVER??) - and I hate that I have no clue what's even in that tube yet I smother my face with it every night. I feel like it helps with my acne but it's not GOOD for my skin, or me, and I'm tired of using it. THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER WAY.

Well. I THINK my "other way" is essential oils. I've been researching a lot about essential oils and I've been really fascinated by it all. I bought a $5 bottle of "100% pure" tea tree oil from Target. It burned my skin and did not feel like a good thing. Maybe it helped my acne a bit because it dried my skin out. Then I did more research and learned that the cheap oils you can get at drugstores or amazon are NOT pure (even if they say 100% pure - that really only has to mean that 10% of what's in the bottle is 100% pure.). It would be impossible to distill oils for as cheap as $5/ bottle. You really do have to pay for quality. And I was determined to know EXACTLY what I was putting on my face, and that it was GOOD. So I decided to try doTERRA. I had heard good things about the company and that their oils were the highest quality. I can't even tell you the difference between the bottle from Target and the doTERRA melaleuca (another name for tea tree oil). Honestly the "100% pure" bottle smelled like alcohol after I smelled the ACTUALLY pure oil. And the difference in my skin has been amazing!! It DEFINITELY clears my skin just as good, if not better, than benzoyl peroxide. It feels amazing. I love the smell. I love that it's natural and ethical. and I love love love that I know exactly what I'm putting on my skin - it's something I would happily do everyday for the rest of my life! I feel like I'm finally trying to HELP my skin, and not just ATTACK it. Let me know if you want more info about my routine (I use three oils in my routine now!). I'm tired of typing for now, but honestly I could talk about this for days!

by Ok@ on 05/26/2017 02:35
Can you tell me the routine?
by jfsjfsjfs on 06/05/2017 21:39
Could you tell me how you dilute your tea tree oil/how you've been applying it? Also, the rest of your routine!!
by ilymitsy on 06/12/2017 02:38
I would love to know as well especially how you dilute it and your process. Benzoyl peroxide is the only thing that has worked for me as well.
by cjgaray on 07/18/2017 03:08
I would love to know your routine
by CaseyP123 on 07/19/2017 07:59
What are the other two oils you use?
It's good
Reviewed on May 14, 2017

I bought a tea tree oil stick back before my freshman year of high school, and it was my first time using tea tree on my face. I used it for the whiteheads on my forehead and some pustles and they seemed to go away fairly quickly by drying them out; unfortunately, it's not as effective as it was the first time I used it which was a few years ago but I still recommend you should give it a shot.

by Alia18 on 07/08/2017 02:59
Same thing happened to me. Stopped being as effective after a while
Reviewed on April 2, 2017

small drop in Acne.org cleanser. skin tone more even. seems to be preventing breakouts.

100% effective, 100% natural, 100% worth trying!
Reviewed on March 31, 2017

This stuff has been a potent but definite Lifesaver for me. I have recently started suffering with what is now the most chronic onset of hormonal cystic acne on my jawline and chin area. Acne has been the bane of my life since 14 (now aged 38) but I have NEVER had the level of intensity or this type of acne until a few months ago. It has crushed my confidence and I only leave the house when I have to. I was worried about using 100% Tea Tree Oil neat. But my pain threshold is high and my skin has become accustomed to the powerhouse that is Tea Tree Oil, after consistent and careful use over the last few months. What is great about this stuff is that whilst, I am now able to use it neat (and have done for several weeks), the bacteria baddies implicated in causing my acne don't seem to have developed a tolerance which means it continues to be as effective as it was from my first use. I never experience burning or redness, provided that the skin I apply it to is not broken or already irritated. I use clean fingers to apply sparingly to each separate blemish, avoiding unaffected areas of my face. The smell doesn't bother me and even if it did, I would declare that 8 out of 10 blemishes being either greatly reduced or dried up and shrunk to a pin head the next morning worth possibly smelling a bit like a eucalyptus munching Koala bear. I would NOT recommend that ANYONE use this neat as it is very strong. However, even diluting it with water or a carrier oil would be beneficial and you could possibly increase the concentration over time. At £2.99 for a 30ml bottle from Savers, lasts me ages ( despite using it neat), so diluting it would mean it could last you for months. If you've exhausted OTC or prescribed topical treatments, I genuinely recommend Tea Tree Oil, however you decide to apply it.

Great stuff
Reviewed on March 31, 2017

When I was younger, I had MAD lice and my family always used this amazing oil to get rid of it and keep it at bay. I was skeptical about using this on my face, but lots of people had recommended it to me. I made the mistake of putting 2 drops undiluted all over my face and I swear my skin almost burnt off. DILUTE THIS OIL! IT'S POWERFUL.

The best way I find to use this oil is to add a drop or two to your daily moisturizer. I use Nivea Soft and add one drop and mix it thoroughly in my hand and apply like usual. I was surprised when it didn't leave an oily feel, in fact, it left my face feeling matte (in a good way!).

The next day, my skin was less bumpy and less red. My skin felt really amazing. My skin has gotten better after only three days of use (above method twice a day). Also, it smells super good, at least for me.

I'd say give it a go, no harm in trying.

Tea tree oil
Reviewed on March 24, 2017

It burns my face and my eyes are running water is that normal for it

by somedaymaybe on 03/26/2017 08:32
Are you putting it all over your face? Because I'd recommend not doing that. Use it as a spot treatment, so only apply to the affected area. And dilute the Tea Tree Oil with water. You'll have to test out how much of it your skin can handle; for me I often had more water than Tea Tree Oil because it was so strong.
by earthangel1979 on 03/31/2017 18:59
I agree with somedaymaybe; this should be used as a spot treatment ONLY. If it's not broke, don't fix it..........applying to clear skin is asking for trouble. Maybe you could use a drop or 2 mixed with your moisturiser or choice. It's worked wonders for me and has become the only thing I use to treat my acne.