Tea Tree Oil Reviews

Tea Tree Oil

So far so good

At first, I used tea tree oil directly to my face! Instantly my Whiteheads grew bigger and my face was red and irritated. Biggest mistake. What I do is put some drops in a spray bottle with water. My cystic acne I had in between my eyebrows shrinked well within a day! And I use tea tree oil with my moisturizer and my face has been looking so good. Even though I still have many tiny skin colored bumps on my forehead, my skin texture looks great overall. Im glowing. ITS BEEN ONLY ONE DAY. so excited to continue using this. I’ve tried many other acne products, I actually use Dr. Bronners tea tree Castile soap and it cleared my face a lot but I still have bad acne, by using 100% tea tree added into my skincare, I’ve seen a big difference in just one day! No salicylic acid, no bp, no baking soda, no lemon, none of those worked. I’ve been thinking about getting birth control pills but I’ll continue using this for about a week and see if I should be on birth control or not. I’ve been also thinking about using apple cider vinger but I’m not so sure about that yet

Comments

good for adult acne & redness.

most products make me break out and turn my skin bright red but pure tea tree oil seems to work quite well. only been a short time but my skin is calming down quite a bit. ( killing my demodex mites?) make sure to try pure tea tree oil only. downside- smells strong

best SPOT treatment ever

It the best thing out there for spot treatment! Been using it for years and none of the drugstore spot-treatment works as well. I use diluted Australian Tea Tree Oil. In order to avoid irritation: 1) use only diluted tea tree oil 2) use only as spot treatment and not all over your face 3) apply as last skincare step, after moisturizer

Comments

tea tree oil with dove sensitive

I'm not promoting dove products or whatever I am just a grateful that this combine product work wonders on my skin. I have been using tea tree oil and dove for a month now and it really is effective on my skin. In the morning I wash my face with DOVE beauty bar the one who has SENSITIVE label and rinse my face with cold water. At night before I sleep this is the time where I wash my face again with dove , rinse with warm water, dry my face using a towel and I massage my face with few drops of tea tree oil. I let it sleep overnight. It is my daily routine and it cleared my face within a month.I am 19 years old and I have acne since 13 .I am also living in the Philippines so the weather is really hot and rainy so finding acne treatments that work is so difficult because of this weather conditions. I have tried different products on my skin that worsened my acne.. Acne sucks it really destroys my confidence to the point that I am afraid to look myself in the mirror so I want to help other teenagers with acne problems like me by sending this review and hopefully this will help you too.

try it!

made an account just to review this, really is worth trying, my skin has flared up horribly over the last two months with cystic acne and awful textured skin, have never tried tea tree oil before and bought some as was feeling desperate and no joke skin is clearing so fast, dries out active acne and calms the redness of scars, I used it as a spot treatment and, my preferred way, by diluting a couple of drops into a small amount and using as a toner. be careful if you have dry skin to dilute loads / use very topically but seems to be working great for me

Ah Tea Tree oil

I had a difficult and somewhat traumatic history with tea tree oil. When I was 15, covered in rancid hormonal acne, our family doctor recommended tea tree. He was convinced it was the miracle I was searching for. Bought a bottle, and as instructed applied neat directly to affected areas (which meant most of my face). Oh sweet merciful Zeus was that a mistake. Within minutes my face was on fire. I decided to tough it out overnight. By morning my face was raging and I had literal sores on my face similar to road rash. NEVER. AGAIN. Fast forward 11 years later. My skin has improved a lot since the teen years, but I still have moderate acne and nasty scars. Yay. I'm cleaning through the boxes of spot-treatment crap I'd bought over the years and came across the same bottle of evil tea tree that dissolved my face. I put it on the side in the 'get rid of pile'�, but decided last minute to keep it. So my main problem was moisturisers. My skin is stupidly dry, but moisturisers seem to make it worse! If only there was something antibacterial I could add! Hello tea tree my nemesis. After washing my face with warm water, I decided to be brave and add a few drops of this stuff to my Simple night cream. Slathered it on, waited for the pain. There was mild stinging on the spottier regions, but nothing fatal. Woke up next morning and my skin looked great! The redness was down, any zits I had popped were not infected, and no new spots had appeared. I decided to expand a bit more. I added some to my cream cleanser on a night were I was rather drunk and couldn't be bothered to cleanse properly. Slathered it on, wipes it off with cotton wool. Same effect! Calm skin, no new zits. Now I can't be without it. The key is to dilute. Dilute like your life depends on it!! While sometimes I alternate what I cleanse with, using a moisturiser mixed with tea tree oil after is my must. I've recently decided to get braver. Once or twice a week, I'll either have a bath or steam my pores. I'll throughly wet my face, rub a few drops into my palms and lightly rub it onto my problem areas (cheeks, chin, jaw). I'll leave it on for about 5 mins, then wash it off. This leaves my skin really glowing, for whatever reason it gives me a youthful pink-cheeked look. Loooove! Moral of the story - mix with other products. Im not going to lie, my acne is not 100% gone. I still get spots. BUT, they are less likely to get infected, go down quicker, and I swear this stuff is even fading my scars. I definitely get less breakouts, that includes blackheads, whiteheads, and the dreaded cysts. Only downside is the potent odour, but other than having to tolerate my boyfriend moaning about how my face smells, who cares!! Definitely give this stuff a try folks, I totally misjudged it.

Hmm

I havent used this product enough to come to a concrete decision on whether it has been good for my skin but so far it definitely does dry up spots, flatten bumps overnight, gets rid of oil and leaves my skin feeling fresh. I understand some people have very sensitive and acne-prone skin therefore i think this oil is NOT for them. It is VERY strong and drying and can actually make your acne worse. if you have dry and flaky skin the oil will not be able to penetrate deep into your pores and work its magic. To make it less strong you can dilute it with tap water or something else of your choice so that it doesn't burn or damage your skin too much. it is definitely catered more for oily skin types.

My Experience

My first time trying tea tree oil was ok. I put drops onto cotton wool and applied all over my face. As my acne is pretty much everywhere. My face didn't burn or sting. however the oil has a very strong smell.

Great Anti Inflammation Agent

I'm currently using Thursday Plantation 100% pure tea tree oil. I've been using the oil onto my face to heal my acnes for about 3 months now and what I can say is it does helps to heal my acne faster. I add it as my last skin care step; apply it on my acne area every morning and night. I can see significant result only after one application. My acne shrink and less inflamed. I also like to apply the oil whenever after I popped my acne. To me, It is a very good anti inflammation and healing agent. It does dry my skin if I over use it or I use it alone at sensitive area eg: nose, eyebrow, lip area. So, do ensure you prep your skin before you apply it. It is not a scar removal, hence do not expect it can helps get rid of acne scars.

Comments

Saw results in just two days

I never used to have any issues with my skin. Of course some breakouts when I was stressed or having my time of the month. Few months ago I quit smoking cigarettes. A week or so later, I had full blown acne. It then began to take over my chest as well. I tried everything. The main products that did improve my skin a bit was 1. st Ives blemish control exfoliant 2. witch hazel. 3. Mario bodescu spot treatment. Of course these helped but didn't really do a full effect for me. I picked up a bottle of 5$ tea tree oil and diluted a bit w water. I put it all over my chest and face and let me tell you the next morning there was a significant decrease in my acne, especially my chest and any scarring that was there. Yes it didn't 100% clear my skin right away, but there was an obvious difference in my skin. If anyone is feeling hopeless, give it a try!! It may work for you :)

Not for everyone!

It may work for some people BUT IT DOES NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE. Dabbed it on my pimples night after night, it did not worsen them, but showed absolutely no signs of healing. Doesn't work for everyone's skin.

Maybe give it a few days?
I have had same problem but I gave it a try after I changed my whole routine on natural wit other oils as moisturizers and than suddenly Tea tree started working for me. :))

Not a cure, but helpful for inflammation

Tea tree oil is great! Along with lavender oil, I use it "neat" on my acne areas (just a drop or so) to help calm redness down and kill bacteria. It seems to keep some acne at bay and DEFINITELY shrinks acne that I've popped. (I know, bad habit.)

strong and powerful

I use tea tree oil in quite a few different ways when I'm having especially bad breakouts, because its quite strong on the skin I don't use the essential oil alone everyday but some face products I use daily have it as an ingredient. when I have a smaller breakout I tend to just dab a bit of the oil onto spots which are specifically enflamed and sore with a q-tip but when the breakout is larger I use the oil with my facial steamer (you could do the same by adding a few drops to hot water and placing your head over the bowl) this opens up your pores and really helps your skin absorb the tea tree. I've found that this drastically helps reduce inflammation of spots which helps them look less red and they tend to heal quicker. the only problem I have with this is that it can dry you skin out if you use it regularly because the oil is very concentrated so if you have very dry skin you might want to be careful when using this and always use a good moisturiser after application.

Works perfectly!

My skin is fairly good, but sometimes I get pimples. Even though, the smell of the oil is quite strong, it makes pimples disappear in 3-6 days for me. Of course, everyone's skin is different, as all the reviews thus far prove, but it's worth a shot. P.S. Don't use the oil in large quantities, especially near your eyes or all over your face! The oil is very strong so it may cause redness, itching, and blistering. Be careful!

Comments

Sadly doesn't work for me

It's a magic potion, based on its characteristics it do wonders for acne strugglers. For me, unfortunately, it didn't. I broke out massively on the spots I used this. It's either because it was a bit too aggressive but I think I have a sort of allergic reaction from it.

Comments

Life changing if you get high quality essential oils!

I am so excited about tea tree oil!! I have recently become so fed up with being a slave to acne products. I've struggled with acne since I was like 10 years old (not exaggerating...), now I am an adult, with two children, and am still dealing with acne. Dumb. And I feel like I have tried SO many things for my skin (prescription drugs, prescription topical creams, birth control, Proactiv, and a million store-bought regimes.) BOO. SO DONE. The one thing that I know works with my skin is Benzoyl Peroxide. But I hate using it! I hate that it stains things, I think it's giving me wrinkles, I hate that my skin is so dependent on it - (like am I going to be be buying this for FOREVER??) - and I hate that I have no clue what's even in that tube yet I smother my face with it every night. I feel like it helps with my acne but it's not GOOD for my skin, or me, and I'm tired of using it. THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER WAY. Well. I THINK my "other way" is essential oils. I've been researching a lot about essential oils and I've been really fascinated by it all. I bought a $5 bottle of "100% pure" tea tree oil from Target. It burned my skin and did not feel like a good thing. Maybe it helped my acne a bit because it dried my skin out. Then I did more research and learned that the cheap oils you can get at drugstores or amazon are NOT pure (even if they say 100% pure - that really only has to mean that 10% of what's in the bottle is 100% pure.). It would be impossible to distill oils for as cheap as $5/ bottle. You really do have to pay for quality. And I was determined to know EXACTLY what I was putting on my face, and that it was GOOD. So I decided to try doTERRA. I had heard good things about the company and that their oils were the highest quality. I can't even tell you the difference between the bottle from Target and the doTERRA melaleuca (another name for tea tree oil). Honestly the "100% pure" bottle smelled like alcohol after I smelled the ACTUALLY pure oil. And the difference in my skin has been amazing!! It DEFINITELY clears my skin just as good, if not better, than benzoyl peroxide. It feels amazing. I love the smell. I love that it's natural and ethical. and I love love love that I know exactly what I'm putting on my skin - it's something I would happily do everyday for the rest of my life! I feel like I'm finally trying to HELP my skin, and not just ATTACK it. Let me know if you want more info about my routine (I use three oils in my routine now!). I'm tired of typing for now, but honestly I could talk about this for days!

Ok@
Can you tell me the routine?
Could you tell me how you dilute your tea tree oil/how you've been applying it? Also, the rest of your routine!!
I would love to know as well especially how you dilute it and your process. Benzoyl peroxide is the only thing that has worked for me as well.
I would love to know your routine
What are the other two oils you use?
Hi, can you tell me the other essential oils you use please in your fight to combat acne and exactly how you use each one (ie diluted/mixed in with moisturiser etc etc) I was plagued by acne in my 20's & early 30's. It then calmed down when I had my children but I think I'm now suffering with hormonal acne again due to being perimenopausal and just don't want to go down the route of doctors prescribed creams as all they ever did previously was dried out my skin terribly and not treat the spots. Any info gratefully received �

It's good

I bought a tea tree oil stick back before my freshman year of high school, and it was my first time using tea tree on my face. I used it for the whiteheads on my forehead and some pustles and they seemed to go away fairly quickly by drying them out; unfortunately, it's not as effective as it was the first time I used it which was a few years ago but I still recommend you should give it a shot.

Same thing happened to me. Stopped being as effective after a while

Popular Household/Natural