TCA (Trichloroacetic Acid) Peel Reviews

TCA (Trichloroacetic Acid) Peel

Literally the miracle peel, gets rid of PIH

I did a 30% peel about 10 days ago, 2 layers. It was done by my dermatologist because I figured that theres no way in hell im doing it by myself, didn't want to cause any permanent damage. So I do it, and my face doesn't even frost after 2 layers. Dermatologist decides to just let me go without me even frosting one single bit. I end up peeling like 6 days after (she told me i'd peel 2-4 days after), and I literally looked like a diseased patient with major skin issues. After the dead skin shedded, holy moly, my hyperpigmentation was barely even noticable anymore. Definitely would recommend this peel to anyone who wants to clear up their PIH. Works wonders. To really get rid of the PIH though, I'd recommend 2 peels. I'm going to get my next one in about 4 months :D

Hello everyone, i want to use this great opportunity to say a very big thanks to Dr Herbert for curing my Skin Rashes, acne and thyroid cancer which has being on my face and skin for several years, i have used so many product which doctors prescribe for me such as radioactive iodine and essiac, but none could offer me the help i searched for. i saw some few comments on the internet about this specialist called Dr, Herbert and decided to contact him on his email i saw on the internet (drherbertsolutiontemple@[link removed] but when i first held about him i never believed, until i emailed him. He gave me his herbal medicine which i used for my skin and now i am well and my skin and face are clean and smooth, am free from ACNE pimples and my thyroid cancer was cured permanently, if you have the same problem just contact Dr Herbert, be rest assured that your problem is over. you can contact him on his email (drherbertsolutiontemple@[link removed]) add him on whatsapp +2349052116690.

Excellent!

I've had horrible ance cystes and puss dime filled cystes in my early 20s. I tried every product out there, took my about 3 years to find one that was a miracle. Now I'm 28 and decided on the TCA peel for my worn out skin with some dance scarring on my forehead and skin and huge pores. My skin was like reptile skin. I am so grateful for the TCA peel! Baby soft skin. I broke out with mild small acne marks but I assume this is what was lingering under my replite skin. Would definely recommend it! Will go back to my old skin care routine in a week or so to avoid the huge cysts. I did 15% TCA and did several layers (even that just barely frosted). Will be doing this once a month for about 5 months.

Comments

helps with freckles and scars makes skin baby soft burns the peeling process yuk time off work well i used this to help with my scarring and let me just say i do like it and plan on doing it again but AVOID USING NEOSPORIN!!!!!! after treatment it broke me out like crazy!! my skin had cleared up and everything was good until i put neosporin on my face.. i dont think it was the peel because i use other typer of chemical peels and i never breaks me out this second time i will be using aquaphor healing ointment as a post peel treatment. and i didnt actually start peeling til day 5 and completley peeled by day 9. i did see a reduction in my freckles and some scars but i dont think i will see a more refined result til my second peel. in which i will update

What kind of scarring did you have? Was it deep

Amazing value, results in only a few weeks, minimal downtime and cost Very gross feeling when it is being applied, you look like you have plastic wrap on your face for a few days I was given a 7% auto-neutralizing peel at a local doctor's office (more than strong enough and I'm a guy with II-III level acne that was cleared with doxy). The results were very good compared to the three microderms I got at the same office - and each of those was also $100! Def worth a shot and so much cheaper than lasers! Results can still be seen a year later!

Comments

Instant results. MUAC TCA peel is VERY cheap (too bad I accidentally spilled half of it down the sink). With the amount in the bottle, it's possible to have it last for the whole year or even more (if you do the 2 applications in a month) flakiness At first, I was hesitant of putting chemicals on my face. But I've tried everything from proactive to BP creams, to putting olive oil on my face to clay masks, from milk baths to getting more sleep, running to bikram, and almost got on the accutane (yeah I know, I've spent HUNDREDs already). But after seeing multiple videos online about MUAC TCA peel, I thought maybe I should try it (I'm desperate at this point) since it's cheap and before putting myself on a medication that causes birth defects (Accutane). I bought the 12.5% since it was the recommended concentration for acneic skin. I was extremely surprised of the results. On the 1st day (12/2/2011) of applying it then several hours later of having neosporin on my face (it actually didn't hurt but I put it on to keep my face from drying out) and after washing it off, i could see the results already!! By the 5th day (12/6/2011), I started to see the flaking that people were talking about but I'm still so happy about the results. I'm quite satisfied with my skin right now and looking forward to doing the next session after the recommended two weeks. I was thinking that maybe I should up my concentration to 15%. But I feel bad about buying another one since my bottle is still pretty filled.

Apparently it is possible to do two or three layers to strengthen the peel I'd you have a low concentration acid :) research it first tho.

I love at home tca peels because it is affordable and the results are amazing! Some of them have downtime. I have been using the Gorgeous peel from I'm Fabulous Cosmetics and I absolutely love this peel because it is safe, and there is no downtime. I got great results from it especially on my hyperpigmentation, wrinkles and acne scarring!

Did it help your acne scarring? Like the intents?
Guest Lily
Guest Lily

Barely lightened scars Break out of new pimples Cyst pimples which I never had till after this I'm Asian with sensitive skin so the TCA peel that I used was the 12.5% and I only did one layer. At first I could see some of my scars fade away a little but after all my dry skin flaked off, I had new pimples, a lot of them. Then a few weeks later, I started getting cyst pimples which I never had before in my life and eventually I kept getting cyst pimples on the same areas. This product works well for many but if you have sensitive skin like mines, please ask a professional its proper for you. Right now I drink Green Tea and it works amazing.

Comments

effective on hyperpigmentations from acne and age spots; faster results than skin lightening creams/lotions/hydroquinone. burns a bit; I can only use one every few months so skin heals properly; pigmentations get super dark and leathery for up to 2 weeks I used hydroquinone for 3 months with ZERO results! I saw results in 2 weeks with this peel. I would repurchase, but it may not be necessary because 1/2 oz would last a lifetime if I'm only gonna use it only 3-4 times per year. I only spot treat for now. I just can't do my entire face without looking like a burn victim for 2 weeks. In the back of my mind, I fear that my skin would not heal properly and leave me with skin worse than what I have now... My supervisor asked if I was ok. He probably thought someone hit me in the eye.

Guest L
Guest L

Evens skin tone, dries acne, minimizes scars, and fine lines. When used carefully and correctly, this peel really produces results. I buy online and do the peels at home. It's inexpensive. I've used a 12.5% TCA solution for about 3 years and my skin has improved dramatically. Used twice per month, the peel helps prevent new acne, and lessens the appearance of scarring and fine lines. It's also great as a spot treatment for painful cysts and really speeds up healing, sometimes reducing swelling overnight. I highly recommend this peel, but start at a low percentage and work your way up. Using a small amount of emu oil immediately following a peel is very soothing to the skin and helps speed up peeling.

Guest T Bell
Guest T Bell

Helps with ance dents, black spots and pores. Inexpensive and you can do at home. Paid about $80 for a whole year. 2 week downtime with each treatment. You have scabs all over your face. If you're not too vain, you can still go to work, it does nt hurt or anything. It takes numerous treatments depending on severity of problems. Can be dangerous if you dont follow directions. I took accutane to eliminate my acne all together and was left with scarring.I started out with 12.5%. for 3 months, moved up to 20% for 6 months and now Im doing 30% at home with no problem. My skin looks great. Not perfect, but a far cry from where I started. I haddark spots, dents from cystic acne on my cheeks. Its definately worth the time vested. Take your time though. Start with a low %. Everyones skin is different and Ive had friends who couldnt take the 20%. If you have scars, its the least expensive option and if you start with a low percentage than you have nothing to lose. And sense it helps with wrinkles too, I happend to look 10 years younger as well. good luck

Did all of your scarring go away? How much did you pay for each peel

Has helped with overall complexion. Looks less "rough." Helps fade hyperpigmentation. Very SLOW process, will take several treatments to see results. Peel like crazy for several days. I bought 15% from [link removed]. I've bought TCA from another site and it was much weaker...I think most sites online will try to sell you fake TCA or industrial grade, which is very dangerous. MUAC sells the real thing. I've used it four times now and one peel is the equivalent to four or five glycolic peels in terms of results. You don't see anything for a couple of weeks, then three to four weeks post-peel you see good results. It's a slow process, though, so please don't expect instantaneous results. TCA peel has helped with my rolling scars especially.

Did your scars go away yet?

barely lightens scars scars that barely faded eventually come back still noticeable as before, irritates and burns skin, after peeling skin is refreshed but new breakouts form with more pimples leaving skin worse then before and new scars form dont buy this peel unless you have at least a minimum of 1-2 weeks off from being outside work, or from public, otherwise the you may need to feel the need to peel the skin before it had completely healed use under your own discretion bottom line this peel ruined my skin because i have asian skin colour

Comments

lightened scars, smoothed out skin huge down time, possible side effects of prolonged redness, hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation, etc.. Did a 40% TCA peel at a cost, with a dermatologist, i should have known he cared more for his money than my face, The peeling took a good 11-12 days, the redness is severe and will probably last for at least a month or more. I wanted to remove ugly acne scars but now I replaced them with weird red hyperpigmentation, its been 15 days since my procedure and the redness/hyperpigmentation is supposed to last 4 weeks or more. Now I am having to use tretinoin cream at night, and hydrocortisone cream during the day, and have to wear makeup if i want to look presentable to anywhere i go. If you are going to do a peel, prepare your face for it, and make sure your skin is a good candidate for it, for the money I wish i would have just not done it in the first place, save the horribly long downtime, the original pain, and the hassle of sun protection always, cant go outside and play. Well I hope this helps

Guest Drew
Guest Drew

It does even out your skin, period. Its an acid, its not like there's much room for it to not work. Over time, will reduce scarring, period. Slight down time (for higher concentrations) and the possibility of not following the instructions and messing your face up. Can't be in the sun for 2-3 days after for risk of serious burning. (they aren't kidding about this, even @ 12.5% Please for the love of god don't start with anything higher than 12.5%. One bottle of the 12.5% will last you 4-5 peels. Spread them out about 2-3 weeks apart, no sooner. Understand that it isn't an instant cure. You're putting acid on your face, so your skin has to regrow and all that. I didn't really notice results until my 3rd peel (of the 12.5). In my opinion (been an acne sufferer for years, now just deal with scars and occasional blackheads), tca peels are a LONG TERM treatment. You dont just buy a bottle, put some on, and expect results. I plan on doing several peels over the next year. You have to think long term if you are looking for dramatic results. You can speed this up by going higher %, but youll have the flaking, peeling, horrible downtime that people talk about. I have a job so I can't hide for 3 days at a time. With 12.5, you dont get this, but it obviously takes more treatments to get the desired results.

Guest rebecca
Guest rebecca

Made skin fresh and less red. Skin felt silky and scars very slightly reduced. Made skin greasy. Caused MAJOR break outs for months! Created lots of new fresh scars. I had hardly any spots but still had red marks all over my face from acne when I was younger. The peel was very painful but I was willing to go through any pain to get my skin clear. It made my face fresher, brighter and smooth for about a week then for months and months my skin was terrible. This created all new scars. In despiration, I had the peel again a few weeks ago (a year after I had my first one) and once again I broke out in spots and now I'm devastated because it's created really bad scars. However, I'd heard of the pro's and con's of the peel before I had it done and for me I decided it was worth the risk because I needed to try it for myself. I have very sensitive skin and have a stressful life so I'm sure they contribute to it. If you decide to have the peel then don't touch your skin whilst it's peeling!!

Guest amy
Guest amy

I prepped for four weeks with 50% glycolic peels, one per week. I did the 15% TCA and it was mild.I only had flakes.I am moving up to another level. The acne that I had was diminished. Didn't "snake peel", wanted too:( But I will move up in strength. It is always best not to burn yourself and to test out products first. The good news though is that I can successfully do this at the same downtime as a glycolic(a weekend of flakies) Buy least % first. Even the first glycolic was crazy, but then they all had adjusted to a certain tolerance, so I didn't scar myself. I am excited to see long term goals. Forehead gets nice and taught, which is a good feeling.I am only 26, but I like anything that makes me feel young:) Good luck... $40 for both glycolic and TCA

Guest eric
Guest eric

save money look burned in the face for few days I have used a 25 % TCA 3 days ago and so far so good. The first 2 days it looked terrible just like a brown patch or burn in the face, and since I have never done this before I was all worried but as it stands now it slowly start peeling and I cant wait to get the results. The laser treatment I went to charged me over 5 thousand dollars and this TCA bottle that I got from the states cost me 35 dollars plus shipping,lol, Gotta love the American for their products and a special thx to the laser treatment clinic that gave me a free information cession. My advice is get a good ointment cream, apply every 3 or 4 hours daily and repeat the peel every 4 weeks for 24 weeks.

Comments

Smooth to touch. More hyperpigmentation. Not good for asians. I usually get brownish hyperpigmentation from any skin problems such as acne, cuts, burns, etc. The hyperpigmented scars take a very long time to fade away. TCA did the same. It left brown patches on my face. It's been a month a half now and it's slowly fading away with the use of hydroquinone 4% and tretinoin .05.

Guest Robin
Guest Robin

Gives fresh look to skin! Done by dr, 25% first peel; 25% & 50% three weeks later due to low result of first, stings a LOT, but do not need anesthetic. He covers w/ wet, cold gauze & stinging stops quickly. Go to a dr, he can redo if not satisfied 4 days downtime minimum. $400. Dr will not use on neck or chest as scarring can result. Used salysilic acid on that area with minimal results. Had second peel 3 weeks later with better result. Brown, scabby look day 2 & 3, peeling day 3 & 4. I didn't have scarring or acne, but am 50 and wanted fresher skin without brown spots. I can see a line where dr didn't go right under my eye. I'm going to use weak peels and do it at home. Also have Rx for Retin A that I'll use every other day. That really makes me exfoliate, too. Better than microdermabrasion that drives those little crystals into my skin and CAUSES breakouts. If you're acne prone, DO NOT have microdermabrasion. My chin breaks out every time I have a micro. Confirmed with dermatologist that micros cause breakouts. If your dr. owns the machine and makes money from it, get a new dr.- he's cheating you.

Guest Jure
Guest Jure

Very efficient peeling method if you know how to use it. Some pre - steep are required. Down town, light burning.... ok i will write a bit more as some of you as i can see go in wrong direction. First let me tell you that i do have medical background. FIRST if you have only problem with Acne then i dont recommend to use TCA on spot. I would recommend that you do couple of times AHA Salicylic peel as AHA will go deeper in poors the TCA coz of the chemical components. i would recommend to use Salicylic peel at least twice before applying any TCA. It is a highly effective superficial peeling agent, oil reducer and pore cleanser. Oil-soluble and lipophilic, Salicylic penetrates sebum filled follicles and cleans out clogged pores, resulting in marked improvement in especially acne prone skin. After 3 weeks applied TCA peels works really well, but be careful on straightness of the peel. Is not so important the % that you use but is better to ask what is the pH levels ranging. They are from 0.9 - 2.0. If you using at home i recommend you to use 0.9 at 25 or 30 %. After is good to apply Hyalurinic S

Guest angela
Guest angela

the only treatment to get rid of fine lines and scarring. does nothing for acne... none, even the downtime about 5-7 days is worth the amazing results. can make u look years younger amazing but doesnt clear acne, the only thing for acne is antibiotics lots of water and fresh diet and duac cream... i have 1 or 2 peels per year at 15-20%. one befor winter and one just before summer....

Guest Mary Maloney
Guest Mary Maloney

TCA peels are great but only done by a professional. I am a Licensed Medical Esthetician and I have seen terrible things on people who use them who are not qualified. when people say they do a 25-30% tca at home it is not actually the same strength as what a Professional does. At that % people have to be sedated. It depends who made it, what PH it has and lots of other things They are awesome and are a good way of getting rid of fine lines and light hyperpigmentation, but only when done by a professional

Guest Marine
Guest Marine

I had a lot of acne in the past and as the results I got acne scarring and uneven skin. I wanted to remove my acne scars and made my skin even. I bought the GORGEOUS PEEL about 6 weeks ago and I am so happy with the results. I highly recommend this product, it was very affordable and last for a while. You can even buy it with friends and share it, because the bottle lets you do about 50 face treatments.

Guest Josh
Guest Josh

Diminishes Acne Marks, Gets rid of Fine Lines and Wrinkles, Even Skin Tone, Smooth Young Skin, Reverses Signs of Aging, Easily done at home, Takes away sun damaged skin, Loads of Positive Comments on how you look, Bottles last years, Really Affordabl Down Time, about a week of skin peeling, just use mild cleanser and Vaseline to Moisturize Those that have a negative response seem to be the ones that had a lower % peel and paid hundreds of dollars to get it done by a professional. If you can follow instructions, don't panic when it burns (it is supposed to) and are careful during the recovery, you should do it at home Imo I paid $20 for 2 100% strength Tca bottles. Diluted to make a 12% solution for my first peel, 4 weeks later made a 25% peel. The results are unquestionable, really great! 6 weeks after the second, I did another 25% peel and the overall results after these 3 peels are really awesome. The best product I've ever spent such a little amount of money on. I can't believe how slack they are charging thousands of dollars for a peel you can do yourself for $20! I had fine lines around my eyes and was beginning to get dark pigmentation around my eyes (dark circles) and they are all gone, like I am 17 again. Some wouldn't use it under their eyes, but I went ahead and put it all over my including right up to my eyes.

Guest R&R
Guest R&R

no pros at all very very unhappy!!!would never ever do that again. peeling,dry skin,acne came back! just a horrible treatment would never ever recomend this to my enemy! I had a bad acne a while ago which has left some scarring so decided to try a easy TCA chemical face peel to improve my skin..it comes with a course of 4 and it took one month.so i had one treatment every week for four weeks. after a second peel my acne flared up badly and i still had to have another 2 because of some kind of risk of affecting my skin in the future. Its been two weeks now and ive still got my acne,tropical creams not helping anymore(and it used to ) overall just feel very upset and misrable. cost me a fortune and it gave me the worst thing i could ever think of...

Popular Medical