Tarte Full Coverage Foundation Reviews

Brand: Tarte

Tarte Full Coverage Foundation

Worth it

I have moderate acne, oily skin, enlarged pores across nose and cheeks. After researching I decided to discontinue my beloved Mac foundation to try this one. I am glad I did. Within approximately 2 months my acne went away. I still have oily skin and enlarged pores, but I can deal with this. The foundation does start to become shiny on my oily T-zone areas after a few hours. I still think my enlarged pores are visible too. However, it is worth it to have no acne!! Literally none. I do use a concealer under my eyes as I have dark circles, other than that I find the coverage to be excellent, without looking too heavy. I set it with a Bare Minerals powder. In addition I use Trilogy face wash and moisturiser, I don't eat dairy, I take a probiotic, and I drink lemon water. But all of the things I tried before while still using Mac foundation were not working, I still suffered with acne. Changing my foundation has been the turning point for me. And I never thought it would be that simple. I thought I'd be dealing with this for years more, as I have already been for over 20 years.

lydiatank

Great coverage

It has amazing coverage of rashes and red acne. I have moderate acne on my face, chest, and back. It's great but you might need to use a primer because by the end of the day it comes off. Never made my acne worse.

LOVE!

I can not fully explain how wonderful this foundation is. It is very light an airy, I don't feel like I am wearing 10lbs of makeup. It doesn't have a funky smell. It covers my acne scars and gives me a pretty even color. I like that it covers but I still look natural. It dries almost matte so it's great if you have oily skin however if you plan on wearing this for over 6 hours I recommend wearing primer (I use their flawless primer). I gave it 4 stars because it is not 12 hour or full coverage as advertised. However with a lot of layering and build up you could get it to be full coverage (I have done this before for weddings and events).

Comments

Not full coverage but no breakout

One of the few foundations that didnt break me out. But it doesnt last all day and you still need a concealer. Also, I didnt use a primer and it ended up looking not blended in quite well throughout the day

disappointed

I had been hearing great things about tarte for a long time so decided to buy some new foundation on a whim. Within a couple days of use i began breaking out. The breakout immediately went away when i stopped using this and i hadn't made any other changes in my routine. This is definitely not a full coverage foundation (i don't believe it is actually advertised as one) and is not buildable. On the plus side it does leave a very matte look if you're prone to oiliness.

Natural Looking

This foundation should not be considered full coverage. This foundation does look nice on the skin, very natural looking, but it doesnt cover everything. If you are looking for a full coverage foundation to hide acne and redness, look into Kat Von D Lock It Foundation. (literally the most full coverage foundation out there).

Tarte Foundation

Light Very full covergae Doesnt break me out :) Expensive (but worth it) I have pretty bad acne and was looking for a foundation to cover all of the acne and redness. So I went to Sephora and they said I should try tarte. That was the best decision I made. It doesn't break me out, its easy to blend, and is light. I also use the Tarte concealer which works really well too. Definitely is a must have!!

do you find this to look noticeable or is it pretty natural looking?

Very Full coverage

Decent coverage SPF Expensive Colors weren't good for my skin tone This made me break out I got this as a sample from sephora when I was on the hunt for a full coverage hypo allergenic makeup. This is didn't like I got the lightest color they offered and it was still way to dark and my face isn't pale so I'm not sure whey there light is so dark. Coverage wasn't full. I had to build coverage and by the end of covering what I needed covered I looked like a clown, then the next morning I had new zits! Yaay

I am surprised you gave it so many stars after that experience!
Most 'full coverage' foundations will look mask-like, as they give your skin a 'flat' appearance. Many want to cover all imperfections, but still look like they have skin--that often is expecting too much. I don't know what condition your skin is in, but shooting for 80% coverage of imperfections may be a more realistic approach. Another issue is the lighter the complexion, the less the skin can tolerate heavier products. So fair-to-light skinned complexions need to be more light-handed with foundation and other complexion products (i.e.--concealers, powders, etc.). Then there are darker skinned complexions that can often wear a full-coverage cosmetic application without looking like they’re wearing a mask. Medium toned complexions fall somewhere in-between. I hope this helps. If you can find a mineral powder foundation that is to your liking, it may provide the coverage and a more natural look.

Light weight Non-greasy Covers well Non-comedogenic Fragrance free Blendable Long lasting Expensive Wanted a foundation that covered without looking or feeling like I was wearing makeup and this does just that. it doesn't aggravate my already acne prone, sensitive skin and it lasts all day. Worth the money! In fact I would pay double the cost for it because it's that good.

Comments

Great coverage 12 hour Very light on skin Fragrance Free Balances oil Non-comedogenic Lasts a long time Doesn't look that great on flaky skin, but what does, really? Expensive. But I feel bad even saying this because it's SO worth it! As someone with acne, I'm always looking for that finished look that doesn't make me look like I have it. This was recommended to me by a consultant at Sephora. I suggest going there, and having them put it on you to see how it looks. It really covers up all imperfections, but still looks natural. You can put it on with a brush, which makes it so easy to apply and blend. The only downside is that it doesn't look very good when your skin gets flaky. I try not to wear makeup and only moisturize when my skin gets that dry, but if you must wear it, just exfoliate and moisturize before applying. This really goes for any foundation out there. At least get a sample and try it out. It's awesome!

Comments

Long wearing Great coverage Satin finish Non irritating All natural ingredients Balances oils in skin Doesn't feel like you are wearing heavy makeup Fragrance free Expensive I was in the market for a new foundation. Went to sephora and bam.... Win win! This stuff covers imperfections so well that I don't even need very much concealer! It feels light too. The bonus is that it's all natural stuff, so should not irritate the skin. So far, no breakout. I love it! It is expensive, but you don't need much so it should last a fair amount of time. Great coverage!!!!!

Popular Foundation