Tape Method Reviews

Tape Method

Works in theory, not in practice.

I've used tape on my skin a few times to try to lift off dead skin, and it does lift of dead skin, and hairs -- you can see it on the tape -- but the residue that the glue leaves on your skin is not good. I find this to be more irritating for the skin than anything else. There are better ways to go about this that doesn't leave residual chemicals or irritate the hair follicles.

Comments

Cheap - one roll lasts ages Easily obtained Effective You need to be really gentle to avoid damaging healthy skin Can leave skin underneath a bit pink & tender if you remove too much skin. If you are not gentle enough, you can make it worse and end up with a scab. This is an essential item in my makeup bag - I wouldn't be without it! I hate how dead skin absorbs makeup so I always make sure to lift any dry bits up with tape. I use insulation tape (my personal favourite) - it's not overly sticky which is very important! I do not recommend ordinary Scotch/Sello tape - much too sticky and you might damage your skin.

Comments

-Removes dry/ flaky skin that exfoliating leaves behind. -None I have really sensitive red skin so I was afraid this would irritate it more but it hasn't at all. I can't use lotion to get rid of my dry skin because I will break out so this is an awesome alternative. I use clear packing tape because it covers a large area and it's not TOO sticky so it doesn't hurt. I do it a couple times a week during the winter because the air is so dry. After , I use tweezers to get rid of the stray flakes left behind. This has seriously changed my life, my dry skin used to make my face look hairy if I wore makeup. I'm so happy now.

Comments

- Get rid of facial hair too - Hurts - Costly - There are far better ways too - Not gentle Aight. There's far better methods of getting rid off your facial hair, aswell as the dead skin cells. Cheaper ones too, and more eco friendly. You can buy exfoliants from any store. This one hurts and makes your skin red. Plus, you have no idea what's used in the tapes glue!

Comments

Removes dead skin cells none I thaught i was the only one to do this, i was suprised to find it. Ive been using tea tree oil it tends to dry out the areas that i use it on, it gets rid of the dead skin cells on the surface! After i apply vitamin 3 cream

Guest Bob
Guest Bob

-Removes Dead Skin -Inexpensive -Easy To Do, Anytime -Requires Large Amount of Tape -May Irritate The method does remove dead skin, but it seems tiring to cut strips of tape and then apply to face and remove. Also, there's more effective methods and don't consume so much time. Try AHA or a scrub, it's more effective.

Guest Wendy
Guest Wendy

Removes dead skin cells without the use of harsh scrubbers or chemicals. Depending on the tape, it may leave a sticky residue on the face that will need to be washed off. I use thin scotch tape, so it is time consuming to cover the entire area of the face. Great for getting rid of excess skin, it's very cheap and affordable, and gentle as well.

Guest pogo
Guest pogo

removed dead skin caused from the drying effects of products doesn't remove blackheads, duh! I only use packing tape to remove the scaly dead skin off, since most skin products are very drying. Works pretty well for that. I don't know why people try using it for blackheads though!

Comments

NO much. It took out some. It's not very effective. I ran out of Biore nose strips so I thought about putting tape (scotch tape) on my nose. It took out a few blackheads but nothing compared to the actual strip. It just hurt.

Popular Household/Natural