Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream reviews

4.3/5 - 394 reviews

Brand: Sudocrem

Key Ingredients:
Zinc oxide, EP 15.25, Benzyl alcohol, BP 0.39, Benzyl benzoate, BP 1.0, Benzyl cinnamate 0.15, Lanolin (hypoallergenic) 4.00.

All Other ingredients:
Purified Water, Sodium Benzoate, Paraffin wax, Microcrystalline wax, Heavy Liquid Paraffin, Synthetic Beeswax, Sorbitan sesquioleate, Propylene glycol, Antracine 54, Linalyl acetate, Lavender.

Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream

Good moisturiser for acne prone skin
Reviewed on December 9, 2017

I use this every night as my skin is very dry and it helps sooth it. I defiantly recommend it if you have dry skin and find that every other moisturiser makes you break out, but just try to avoid applying it on your spots as I find that in some cases it makes them worse as it blocks your pores. It is meant to reduce the redness in your acne scars as well but I haven't noticed any difference.

Brilliant
Reviewed on December 6, 2017

I've been using this for years on hyperpigmentation and spots I've picked or squeezed. Apply a small amount over effected over night. Wash in morning and reapply very lightly. I blend it in on my skin as I'm pale.

Reduces redness really well.

Excellent for bringing out all the gunk in pimples
Reviewed on October 8, 2017

I use this stuff on my spots to bring out the pus without picking at them myself and causing more damage to my skin.

Use a thick dollop of sudocrem on an inflamed / pus-filled spot and leave it for a couple of hours. Then wipe away and squeeze the spot ever so gently. It should easily ooze out, immediately clean off and sanitize the area

Best treatment for acne
Reviewed on October 6, 2017

I discovered I developed mild acne on my cheeks and started developing a few spots on my forehead.

Before I went to sleep I washed my face and covered my face in sudocreme to sleep in,

In the morning I washed my face and applied a bit of coconut oil which tends to make your face look greasy but yeh

I started to see an improvement within 2 days and have continued doing it! My skin is clearing up and I love it

Really good stuff, for the most part
Reviewed on September 13, 2017

This cream is great at reducing redness, and is provided in ample quantity. Results come quickly, but in my own experience, I've found it to be limited. It caused no irritation whatsoever and has only a very subtle scent.

There are some drawbacks to consider. For one, you'll most likely find that this is the densest viscosity possible for a topical cream, the consistency is very much like clay. Also, it's highly resistant to rinsing, so be careful with how much you apply. A thin layer is all you need. It takes a little while to be absorbed by the skin, which makes it a worthwhile strategy to use this in the evening and leave it on overnight. Depending how much of this you use and how evenly you distribute it, there may still be some noticeable excess in the morning, though, and as mentioned, rinsing this stuff isn't easy.

does not work for me
Reviewed on August 22, 2017

Only works for some people. I prefer sudocrem for burns not acne!

only use a very small amount...
Reviewed on August 16, 2017

ive been using sudocrem on and off for many years.

i use a very small amount on my problem areas when my skin is dry as most moisturisers cause me redness.

in my experience it can cause some spots and under the skin lumps due to pores getting blocked but doesn't cause redness.

hard to remove from face, you cant wash it off easily (almost needs to be scrubbed off).

it also doesn't blend into skin, so not a product you want to wear outside the house.

Made me break out - badly
Reviewed on August 12, 2017

I was using sudocrem on a couple of big spots on the right side of my jaw/cheek because I read good reviews on here. I used it for about a week and each time I had to apply a larger amount of sudocrem because the area that had big spots was growing. I stopped yesterday after noticing the difference between the left and right side of my face. I've broken out on the right side of my face (where I was using the cream) worse than I have done in years. The left side of my face is fine. I wish I could post photos to show the difference.

Sudocrem might work for some people, but it completely aggravated my acne

Miracle worker
Reviewed on May 8, 2017

I have been using sudocrem for about 6 or 7 months now and it does work! I apply a think mask on my face and any other part of my body with spots every night. The amount of acne I have is now very little and any breakout doesn't take long to disappear. It also helps reduce the pain and redness some spots may cause.

It took me one night to see little changes, but a big improvement requires a few months.

flattens and calms breakouts
Reviewed on May 1, 2017

I use this at night after cleansing my face and just use a Q-tip to apply a small amount to any spots that I have, I then just pat it into my face using my finger and leave it on for around half an hour. you could leave it on longer but I remove it after a while so I can continue the rest of my skin routine. it really helps to calm any breakouts you may have and reduces the amount of time it takes for spots to heal, I've also noticed I get less hyper pigmentation left over after breakouts when I use this and I think its because the spots are less inflamed and sore. I really do recommend giving this a go.