x

Stridex Maximum Pads with Salicylic Acid, Alcohol Free reviews

3.8/5 - 66 reviews

Brand: Stridex

Salicylic acid (2%).

Ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium xylenesulfonate, citric acid, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, menthol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, purified water, simethicone, sodium borate, tetrasodium EDTA.

Stridex Maximum Pads with Salicylic Acid, Alcohol Free

Amazing for those with oily skin!
Reviewed on January 14, 2018

I have started using this product a week ago and have been noticing that now I do not wake up with a face full of oil, wanting to wash my face immediately. I also noticed that in the day, my face feels less greasy than usual. This pads also helped remove my pimple really quick. I had a small pimple at the side of my nose which formed a head and disappeared within 2-3 days! As for skin pigmentation, I wouldn't be too quick to judge as these takes much longer than a week to see changes. My regimen now is use a gentle face wash followed by the salicylic acid pad, benzoyl peroxide on affected areas and then moisturise my entire face. Yes, this can be a little drying but I feel the drying effect is not as bad as the benzoyl peroxide. I only use the pads once, at most twice a day.

Great so far
Reviewed on August 17, 2017

I have oily, acne prone skin and clogged pores. I knew that the root of my issues were the clogged pores that would eventually lead to larger bumps. As a result, I was looking for a salicylic acid product that would exfoliate, remove the clogged pores making my skin a little bumpy and potentially lighten dark marks. It is day 3 (so still pretty early) but it has already started working for me which is why I wanted to write the review. Many of the bumps have started to go away and my pores appear smaller. I also swipe the pad on my chest and back after swiping on my face and my skin in those areas is so soft. I don't want to speak too soon and say it's curing my acne. I will also update this review if I experience substantial irritation (which apparently happens for some people after the first week). I only use the product at night after washing my face with cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. I wait a few minutes then I moisturize with Simple replenishing rich moisturizer.

Awesome!!!
Reviewed on March 14, 2017

I recently just started using these, and they really do work!!! I have ALOT of pimples and acne on my nose, forehead, and chin. Take this from a 12 yr old. I use them once a day, and it doesn't dry up my skin or anything! This is GREAT!!!!!!!! My nose is a lot clearer now, and I've never been happier in my life about acne!!! I haven't used any other products, and it just does it on its own!!! But all of you have different skin types, so it may not work. Just try it! You won't be disapointed!♡♡♡

Pretty good.
Reviewed on November 18, 2016

I've been using these twice daily for around 7 years now. They're really good for evening skin texture, brightening and getting rid of dry skin buildup and some clogged pores, but they don't seem to prevent my hormonal breakouts anymore. My skin looks better when I use them, so I use them for maintenance and bring out the big guns when needed.

A good chemical exfoliant.
Reviewed on October 21, 2016

I have combination skin. I do not use these to treat acne, but rather to exfoliate. My t-zone tends to get very oily, especially my nose. That being said, my skin can start to look extremely congested and dirty with all the oil building up - clogged pores, blackheads, bumps, etc. I made an appointment with the aesthetician at my derm's office and she recommended these. After cleansing, I just quickly sweep this over my nose, forehead and chin. So far they work great!

I don't use them everyday because they can be drying. You have to find what works for you. I have sensitive skin and these don't irritate it at all or make it red.

For Teens
Reviewed on December 29, 2015

Hi guys .

So I have been dealing with acne since 7th grade .. It started out super light so instead of going to a dermatologist I went for the OTC medicine and this was my first acne product. I recommend this product for 13 and under who experience light breakouts. If you are 14 and up I recommend something a lot stronger !

Great solo spot treatment/mild acne
Reviewed on December 1, 2015

These pads are def good at disinfecting and taking care of some clogged pores and mild acne. I would caution anyone who decides to get them to not overuse ..they can be VERY drying, especially if used every day. I personally wouldn't use them all over my face very often, since I get dry skin pretty easily if I over-treat. They are medicated enough for me to wipe on as a gentler/easy-to-travel-with spot treatment, or when my face is totally gross and I'm too lazy to wash it.

One of the best OTC acne treatments I've tried
Reviewed on December 1, 2015

These are fantastic if consistently used every day. Even after skipping one day I notice that my face starts to break out again, but within a day of starting up again I can see the difference pretty drastically. Not irritating at all except for a bit of peeling around my nose which is manageable. Would recommend it

Immune to this
Reviewed on July 30, 2015

Works for the first couple week. After that my face became immune :(

Works for like a week
Reviewed on May 27, 2015

Initially liked this product but the effects quickly wore off - I do not recommend. Stick to a more healthy life style, with natural ingredients.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clicnics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org