St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub for Oily or Acne Prone Skin Reviews

Brand: St. Ives

St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub for Oily or Acne Prone Skin

my favourite exfoliator.

i love this, have used it for a few years and although i can't say this has improved my skin (as i use several treatments at the same time) it certainly gives your skin a good scrubbing and leaves it feeling clean. i wouldn't recommend it for sensitive skin but if you have tough skin like me then it is perfect. reasonably priced too - would always recommend.

I LOVE this product.

I have mild hormonal acne around my chin only, and I use this to scrub away dry skin after a pimple has popped. It is great for getting rid of dirt and buildup. I don't find it dries out my skin or makes it red at all. It also doesn't make me breakout more. It's great!!

-14

it smells good and it does clean my face it itches a bit and dont use if you suffer from severe acne i used this product both when i had acne and didnt, and when i didnt have acne it worked fine, but when i had acne it made my skin breakout a bit more and redness all over!

Comments

Makes skin smooth Smells great Feels refreshing Doesn't do much for acne I believe this scrub has those little microbeads which help exfoliate skin. Overall, it smells fantastic and does make your skin smooth afterwards. As for a treatment for acne, it doesn't do much, which comes from the fact that the active ingredient is salicylic acid. Aside from being incredibly mild, salicylic acid doesn't do much outside of opening up your pores and exfoliating your skin. As we all know, this is just one small part of why most people get acne. You really need to incorporate a benzoyl peroxide product along with this treatment. I would recommend using this first, followed by a benzoyl peroxide scrub. I think it's a good product. I'm not sure if it is advertised to be specifically for acne, but it doesn't really work.

Guest Jessica
Guest Jessica

Smell soo good Good Exfoliator Prevents acne Inexpensive Made my skin look dull Gives you breakouts Doesn't clean very well I've been using this for two or three weeks now. I've been noticing acne near my eyebrows just after 3 uses of it. After I use this, It makes my skin look so dull and it loses it's radiance.

Guest JC
Guest JC

Effective, affordable, readily available, easy to incorporate into existing skin routine Follow the directions at the back - use 3-4x/week and there won't be any cons...plus no hard scrubbing! I've only been using this product for a weeks (3 weeks to be precise) but it has done a very good job in clearing my acne (especially in the troublesome chin and mouth area). My skin feels very smooth, clean and refreshed afterwards. I only use this at night 3x/week. When I wake up in the morning, my face is not a greasy mess. Please follow directions regarding the frequency of use. This is not meant to replace your regular cleanser. I feel this makes the other products I use work better coz my pores are now unblocked and can absorb other stuff better. Now all my bumps are healed and gone...my concern now is prevention and erasing reddish acne marks!

Guest Jess
Guest Jess

Clears up skin Smooths out dead skin leaving new, soft skin None It will irritate your skin if you use it ever day, i asked a professional at a spa and she told me not to use a scrub every day, only three times a week should do it.

Comments

Leaves skin very smooth. Nice consistency. Good price. Too harsh to use every day(for mae at least!) Breaks me out if used daily. I have used this as my regular exfoliator for a few years. Used twice a week it keeps my skin feeling smooth and helps my make up glide on nicely. However if I use it every day (like I did at first) it breaks me out really badly and left my skin very sensitive, so for me a couple of times a week is best.

Comments

Leaves soft, clean skin Inexpensive (£4 in the UK but frequently in half price/ BOGOF deals) Easy to locate Not tested on animals Natural ingredients Can cause dryness Has walnut shell powder so not suitable for severe acne After a week of using this my skin felt much smoother, after several weeks the redness has gone right down. This is not going to 'cure' acne but it does feel like it helps as the acne that I have is a lot less obvious and the areas of my skin without acne are much smoother now than they were. This is a scrub not a cleanser so it should be used fairly sparingly alongside your own cleanser- I tend to use it on average once a day, but sometimes every other day as it can dry the skin out a bit. Also, do not rub too hard with it as it has walnut shell powder and you do not want to go damaging sensitive skin.

Comments

i have been using this daily for years now and love love love it!! i know it's a scrub but i have really thin, sensitive skin and i have never had a prob using it everyday. cheap and can be found anywhere, even the grocery store has this stuff:) none make sure you get the medicated apricot scrub with salicylic acid;)

Comments

Makes skin soft This will aggravate the hell out of your current skin problems! The only thing about this stuff that you might like- is that immediately after use your skin will be soft. However; this will do nothing to help prevent or treat future and current acne. The only reason I would EVER use again is maybe to buff away dead skin in winter so my make up won't look shabby. Otherwise- Don't waste the money.

Guest mary
Guest mary

-very inexpensive (CVS, Target, or other generic brands--so long as they have salicylic acid--work very well, too) -easy to use -mostly natural -a few years ago St. Ives changed the formula, making the scrub less...scrubby...however, they have changed back and the scrub is like it used to be. I guess if they changed it again i wouldn't buy it. I have been using this scrub twice a day for 10 years...wow...I am old! I think there was a time i tried to use something like Biore or 'higher end'...that didn't last long! St. Ives' medicated apricot scrub and store-brand analogs are inexpensive quality products. If I skip a day or two of this scrubbing my face does not like it! This scrub is also easy to use on body acne as well. I think if you have acne worse than "light" acne you probably should use this scrub in conjunction with another topical treatment.

Popular Exfoliating