St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub Reviews

Brand: St. Ives

St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub

Got super oily

I tried it and after a while i thought it worked but then i produced so much oil in my face.

Didn’t work for me

This scrub broke me out and irritated my skin, but it is affordable and effective for some people

One of the Most Effective Skin Product

I've been using St. Ives for a year and half now and it's proven effective for me, I was never expecting that I'd come across a product that is actually truthful, it's not only effective but affordable too. Thumbs up to St. Ives.

Comments

dont do it if you have sensitive skin

i have super sensitive skin that breaks out easily so this was a huge no no no for me. this product has hard grains of sand that are really harsh on the skin. wouldnt recommend if your skin is sensitive.

Contact Dermatitis on Eyelids

Got dermatitis within the first month of using this product. At first I thought it was my mascara (been using it around a year so I threw it out) which might have played a factor. Ive always used korean skincare products (such as. The face shop aloe foam cleanser 365 days) because they cater to korean skin type (imo). But this scrub was on sale so my bro bought it. Ive used it 2-3 times a week as instructed on the label for a month now. And now Ive developed contact dermatitis on my eyelids. Itchy, red, and swollen at the beginning but after two weeks its become scaly, dry, and flaky. Ive been prescribed topical hydrocortisone with an emollient to bring down these symptoms. Tldr: if uve got sensitive skin dont use this sh*t u may contract dermititis , korean skincare products ftw

Also for my brother who also used it at the same time, said that his acne got more severe. So he stopped using it as well.

Love this stuff!

I bought this in hopes that it would remove all the dry skin flakes, and just really exfoliate my skin. It works great! After using it daily for about 2 weeks I read that the little scrubby beads in it are harmful to your skin, however it makes my skin feel wonderful and smooth and fresh. I've reduced it to every other day or so rather than 2 times a day just so I don't risk any skin damaging. I scrub gently as well.

My first scrub...

and will always be part of my go to scrub brands. Definitely my skin feels good after using it. And felt like it gave me glow :)

so good

This stuff is very good! Nice facial exfoliating, though if my combination skin is feeling particularly dry or sensitive, I either do not use this or make an effort to use it gently on my cheeks, as this can be a little harsh if the skin on my cheeks is being moody. I would never use this on my face more than once a week. And this also works soo good on the rest of my body! Great scrub, inexpensive and easily available at drugstores.

not so good

This product is too abrasive for me. I use it on my body and find that the exfoliating beads are too large in size. They are effective but also irritating and too harsh

Comments

Not as effective as it use to be.

I've religiously used St Ives Apricot Scrub for around 10 years. Unfortunately, I find that it doesn't combat my breakouts as well as it use to so I've had to switch over to a new product.

Forever Young Plays in the Distance

Honestly, I don't use this product now but I wish I did. Because I used it for literally 10 years and its like a safety blanket for me & reminds me of everything good in the world & my youth. I mean obviously I don't really wish I did because I would use it if I wanted to but what i'm trying to say is that I GENUINELY think this is one of the best products you can buy at CVS for your skin. Its not supposed to be an everyday thing especially if you have sensitive/acne-prone skin. Essentially, it's not going to heal your acne that is for sure... However, used every so often, maybe once a week as an exfoliant is truly wonderful & I think essential to a preventative routine. I don't use it now because I currently use a very minimal and slightly organic routine BUT I would genuinely recommend this product to anyone who didn't have the Sadness form Inside Out of sensitive skin. HOTTAKE: amazing drugstore exfoliant, should be a staple of anyones #shelfie, however ultimately, I don't really believe its super effective for healing acne or acne scarring.

It damaged my pores

This does exfoliate well, and leaves skin smooth. However, after using i started to get indented scars and one day i think i scrubbed too hard (my own fault) and my face got a tear and began bleeding. The little apricot things are very harsh and it got stuck in my pores and created tiny clogged pores. I now use the old bottle on my body because i dont want to waste it, and it seems to do well with thick skin, however this also broke out my back.

I Expected Better..

This is a classic product that has been around for decades. I had always seen this scrub at my local drug store and finally decided to purchase it after being recommended by numerous beauty blogs. I think this product is waaay hyped up and overrated. Let me tell you , I had high hopes for this product. I really wanted it to work for my skin. Everything from the cheap cost , to the amazing scent and gritty texture screamed that it would leave my skin feeling smooth and clean. However , this was not the case for me. I have normal/blemish-prone skin and this product was terrible! It always left a weird residue on my face and caused me to break out into mild acne on the cheek area. Although it claims to be oil-free and leave your skin feeling clean , I had always felt the opposite. The film it left behind felt both greasy and dry at the same time.... if that's possible. I think this product may be suitable for some skin types , but definitely not mine, my skin is usually way better off with gel and liquid based cleansers.

Comments

Great for back and chest

This was too rough to use on my face (which is unusual because I do not have sensitive skin), but worked GREAT to clear up the acne on my back! If you suffer from back acne exfoliate with this every time you are in the shower. I saw a significant difference and while I used to have multiple large blemishes on the backs of my shoulders the skin is now smooth, with only one or two small bumps. It also keeps my chest clear. In conclusion: too rough for facial skin but great for chest and back exfoliation!

Doesn't treat severe acne

St.Ives has nice face scrubs/washes, but they do not treat severe acne. I'd probably recommend them for someone looking for a nice face scrub or to treat mild acne. The smell is nice, but after a couple of weeks the smell gets quite sickening, almost as if it's turning stale. I found this happening after the tubes were left opened for a few hours. I used one of each of the St.Ives face washes; deep cleanse, medium and light cleansers and none of them lessened my acne.

Changed my skin!

I swear by this face wash. I was having an extremely difficult time with my skin after switching my pill almost a year ago, and for about 6 months my skin was a disaster. I have been on accutane twice and was really hoping I would not have to go back on it, but I was starting to really get depressed with my skin and was trying so many different things. I had used St. Ives after my second round of Accutane and I didn't really think it did much because my skin was flawless and rubbing oil on it wouldn't have caused a breakout. I decided to try it again and it has been a miracle! I only use it at night and then just rinse my face with water in the morning and it's not greasy during the day at all. \ I found morning and night washing was drying it out too much, and lotion was causing more breakouts. I should also note that another thing helping my acne right now is Red Light treatments from my derm. I haven't seen much on the forums about Red Light specifically, only Blue Light and it seems that most people are not happy with it. Red Light is awesome! Last time I was there actually my dermatologist was asking me what my mood was like after the treatments and about headaches, which I usually get a lot of and she was saying that she wants to possibly open a study on it because the Red Light has been improving peoples moods dramatically after the use for about 24 hours and is even helping with migraines in some people. Who would have known! It is also 100% safe!

Provides Smooth Skin

This product makes your skin feel so soft and smooth. It made my skin feel clean and refreshed. But, it didnt help improve my acne. It smells good and the bottle is super cute, but if your looking for a product to help clear acne, this is not the product for you. Only buy this if you want a product to help your sensitive skin feel smooth.

Worth buying!

This will make your skin feel so smooth! And the smell of it is just a bonus! However, the particles are slightly rough and larger than other typical exfoliators. I've used this time and time again, almost two to three times a week (as suggested) and you can definitely see the difference in how soft and smooth your skin feels. It removes dead skin and any other slight imperfections. Although I have acne prone skin, with a careful and gentle wash, it shouldn't cause breakouts of any kind.

A little to rough

My skin feels amazing after use, but definitely not for acne prone skin. It can be a little to harsh and may make your acne spots hut. Skin will be smoother after use, but in the end there are better exfoliants. The apricot does smell divine though :)

Leaves smooth

Love it how it leaves my skin! But it isn't for acne

Comments

good but a little rough on skin

I bought this a few months ago in superdrug. The price was really cheap so I feel its good for the price. The scrub deep cleans the skin so i only tend to use it twice weekly. It is a little too rough for me personally for everyday use. Would recommend in between a proper skincare routine but not for overly sensitive skin.

Trustworthy

I have been using St.Ives for over 5 years and it has always been nothing but beneficial. These product helps get rid of dirt/oil off of your face allowing your skin to restart from scratch. It can be a bit irritating when overused to try to limit yourself from using it every other day.

User410314

When you run out of Proactive and have to get a drugstore brand...

This is a good proactive deep substitute in a pinch. Great exfoliant, unmedicated and gentle.

Comments

Good

Smells great Works well Won't prevent new breakouts I had mild acne and I found that this scrub works well but it works the best if you have a follow up regimen along with the scrub like a spot treater from cvs or something along those lines. The only problem I had with it is that it DOES clear mild acne after a few weeks of constant use but once you stop using it, you start to break out all over again but I think that's more of a people problem then a product problem. I've seen people say it's "too abrasive" but I think it depends solely on how vigorously you apply it. Small, gentle two finger circles over your entire face and then letting it dry a little and then washing the scrub off with warm water and then again with cold water worked the best for me.

User410314
If you stop using it, it will stop working, derp

Amazing!!!

This product was recommended by a friend I use this product 4 times a week as prescribed after the very first wash I saw a big changes I now recommend to most of my friend who have oily and rough skin.....Best scrub EVER!!

Popular Exfoliating