x

St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub reviews

3.9/5 - 197 reviews

Brand: St. Ives

St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub

Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-100 STEARATE, Cetyl Acetate, Ceteareth 20, Titanium Dioxide (CL 77891), Polysorbate 60, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Fragrance, Phenethyl Alcohol, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Limonene, Linalool, Methylisothiazolinone, Glycerin, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract.

One of the Most Effective Skin Product
Reviewed on December 7, 2017

I've been using St. Ives for a year and half now and it's proven effective for me, I was never expecting that I'd come across a product that is actually truthful, it's not only effective but affordable too. Thumbs up to St. Ives.

dont do it if you have sensitive skin
Reviewed on October 5, 2017

i have super sensitive skin that breaks out easily so this was a huge no no no for me. this product has hard grains of sand that are really harsh on the skin. wouldnt recommend if your skin is sensitive.

Contact Dermatitis on Eyelids
Reviewed on September 6, 2017

Got dermatitis within the first month of using this product.

At first I thought it was my mascara (been using it around a year so I threw it out) which might have played a factor.

Ive always used korean skincare products (such as. The face shop aloe foam cleanser 365 days) because they cater to korean skin type (imo). But this scrub was on sale so my bro bought it. Ive used it 2-3 times a week as instructed on the label for a month now.

And now Ive developed contact dermatitis on my eyelids. Itchy, red, and swollen at the beginning but after two weeks its become scaly, dry, and flaky. Ive been prescribed topical hydrocortisone with an emollient to bring down these symptoms.

Tldr: if uve got sensitive skin dont use this sh*t u may contract dermititis , korean skincare products ftw

by Sol sama on 09/06/2017 05:31
Also for my brother who also used it at the same time, said that his acne got more severe. So he stopped using it as well.
Love this stuff!
Reviewed on August 16, 2017

I bought this in hopes that it would remove all the dry skin flakes, and just really exfoliate my skin. It works great! After using it daily for about 2 weeks I read that the little scrubby beads in it are harmful to your skin, however it makes my skin feel wonderful and smooth and fresh. I've reduced it to every other day or so rather than 2 times a day just so I don't risk any skin damaging. I scrub gently as well.

My first scrub...
Reviewed on June 21, 2016

and will always be part of my go to scrub brands. Definitely my skin feels good after using it. And felt like it gave me glow :)

so good
Reviewed on May 28, 2016

This stuff is very good! Nice facial exfoliating, though if my combination skin is feeling particularly dry or sensitive, I either do not use this or make an effort to use it gently on my cheeks, as this can be a little harsh if the skin on my cheeks is being moody. I would never use this on my face more than once a week. And this also works soo good on the rest of my body! Great scrub, inexpensive and easily available at drugstores.

not so good
Reviewed on May 20, 2016

This product is too abrasive for me. I use it on my body and find that the exfoliating beads are too large in size. They are effective but also irritating and too harsh

Not as effective as it use to be.
Reviewed on May 6, 2016

I've religiously used St Ives Apricot Scrub for around 10 years. Unfortunately, I find that it doesn't combat my breakouts as well as it use to so I've had to switch over to a new product.

Forever Young Plays in the Distance
Reviewed on April 6, 2016

Honestly, I don't use this product now but I wish I did. Because I used it for literally 10 years and its like a safety blanket for me & reminds me of everything good in the world & my youth.

I mean obviously I don't really wish I did because I would use it if I wanted to but what i'm trying to say is that I GENUINELY think this is one of the best products you can buy at CVS for your skin. Its not supposed to be an everyday thing especially if you have sensitive/acne-prone skin. Essentially, it's not going to heal your acne that is for sure... However, used every so often, maybe once a week as an exfoliant is truly wonderful & I think essential to a preventative routine. I don't use it now because I currently use a very minimal and slightly organic routine BUT I would genuinely recommend this product to anyone who didn't have the Sadness form Inside Out of sensitive skin.

HOTTAKE: amazing drugstore exfoliant, should be a staple of anyones #shelfie, however ultimately, I don't really believe its super effective for healing acne or acne scarring.

It damaged my pores
Reviewed on October 26, 2015

This does exfoliate well, and leaves skin smooth.

However, after using i started to get indented scars and one day i think i scrubbed too hard (my own fault) and my face got a tear and began bleeding. The little apricot things are very harsh and it got stuck in my pores and created tiny clogged pores.

I now use the old bottle on my body because i dont want to waste it, and it seems to do well with thick skin, however this also broke out my back.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org