St. Ives Blemish & Blackhead Control Apricot Face Wash Reviews

Brand: St. Ives

St. Ives Blemish & Blackhead Control Apricot Face Wash

This is a surprise favorite

Smells great Relatively gentle Never thought I'd like a cleanser with "scrubbing" beads in it, but this is actually great. It leaves you with a really clean feeling, but doesn't dry your skin at all.

ngo
I like, st ives medicated apricot scrub for oily or acne prone skin.i have used it before it was nice, please can someone tell me how to get it ,want to buy
Guest Shelly
Guest Shelly

- Smells nice - Contains exfoliating beads - Non-comodogenic - Contains Apricot extract - Too drying - Makes breakouts worse - Expensive - Not gentle First off , I'm a teenager with normal acne-prone skin. I tried this cleanser a while back thinking that it would clear my breakouts.Boy was I wrong! This cleanser was too harsh and caused my forehead to get these many tiny ,red ,inflamed zits. It was so bad that I had to stop using it.Although I do like the gel/grainy texture, smell and beads , this was a terrible product and I won't be repurchasing. I'm still recovering from those annoying zits 4 days later. :(

Guest Melany
Guest Melany

It is not expensive it has a nice smooth feel it broke me out more ,.,where i never had acne before this scrub flared my pimples into cystic acne !! i use to use this when i wasn"t acne prone,.,.and worked great because i never really broke out ,.,sometimes had a little pimple or two but when i hit puberty it was a whole different story i started to get oilier skin and was getting more pimples well i thought the st. Ives scrub was going to work because it use to work for me well it just made my acne worst made my pimples flare up and i started to break out around my mouth .,,.i don"t recommend it to people that don"t want their acne to go worse ,.I've researched that scrubs caused microscopic cuts and abrasions in the skin,and get it infected which means more bacteria and that means more acne =( i recommend to use more natural stuff like putting raw potato paste on skin .,.,potato contains potassium ,.,and potassium kills the bad bacteria on skin ,.,and it did wonders to my skin .,.,i"m also drinking green tea.,.green tea gets rid of toxins ,.,less toxins more clear skin ,.,now i don"t break out bad i get a pimple or two but NO more cystic acne !!

Guest NAt360
Guest NAt360

Does what it says: ~ Deep Cleans ~ Keeps black heads and acne at bay ~ Ex foliates dead skin ~ Inexpensive (paid $3,99) ~ Does not remove make up ~ May cause break outs in sensitive skin ~ May take a week to see real results ~ May dry you out if used more the 1x daily and if you live in cooler climates like me :) This is a great cleanser if used gently (ease up on scrubbing the crap out of your face)and 1x Daily. I use before bed if I haven't used makeup followed with no moisturizer (my preference)or in the morning with an oil free spf 30 oil free sunscreen for face. Should absolutely be used with an oil free moisturizer anything else is to emollient, your basically putting back the excess oil you took off. Will not work the instant you use takes a few days to see results. Sensitives be wary might or might not break you out but then again most things probably do already right? .At first I was skeptical using took me a few days to see what I wanted come through happy I stuck with it.

Guest Jenny
Guest Jenny

At first i scrubbed it on my face & it was smooth. I thought it would heal my acne but when i woke up the next morning my face was EXTREMELY dry, rough, & breakouts everywhere. It made my face horrible. Smells nice If you have extremely sensitive skin DON'T use this. You'll regret it i did.

Guest Samantha
Guest Samantha

I loved it, the smell was fresh, nice bottle, it had scrubbing beads that worked wonders for my skin. Within a day my skin was clear. I'm 16 and my skin has not been agreeing with me, but this stuff tamed my skin. My skins no longer oily & now clear. No cons. I loved it. P.S - If you have oily skin it works best.

Guest anonymous
Guest anonymous

nice smell; works wonders; gentle exfoliation; AMAZING PRODUCT! discontinued:( when i was using this product (about 2 years), my skin was PERFECT! i always got compliments on it and it was always so nice. if i would ever go off of it, to try something else or something, i would break out all over my cheeks so i would always come back to it! this is in my opinion the best product i have EVER used and would recommend it instantly!

Guest Cynthia
Guest Cynthia

No animal Testing Made me break out, made my face rough and itchy, horrible product. Please don't buy this. Before this I had smooth skin, even though there was acne on it. This product made my face rough and itchy. I have discarded this product forever and ever. I like their body wash though, but that's a different story. Don't buy this!!

Guest Madusanka
Guest Madusanka

I decided to hate St.Ives forever Horrible.Dont use it if you have sensitive skin.It made my skin breakout so badly.Actually I wonder how these people say anything like this about this horrible product.

Comments

the smell, the feel, the little beads, i love this stuff. it dries out my skin in the cold weather and if i use it more than once a day this is a great face wash. it does dry me out in the winter a bit but i have combo skin, so most stuff does. i use this at the sink and the st. ives medicated face scrub in the shower... basicly the same stuff only a bit scrubbier ;). i love every one of this companies products that i have tried.

Guest Aria H
Guest Aria H

My skin improved while using it, LOVED the fragrance Dried me out, even in summer! My skin is not very oily at all, so this was too harsh on my combo skin. It helped clear my acne a bit, and although I would love to keep using it, it just doesn't agree with me. I recommend it for those with oily and tougher skin.

Comments

Nothing works better to clear and prevent breakouts, including expensive brands. It's also inexpensive and relatively easy to find. Can be drying in cold weather Excellent product. Although it has potentially irritating ingredients, such as exfoliating beads, fragrance, and sodium laureth sulfate, it doesn't bother my sensitive late-twenties combination skin during the warmer months. It can be too drying during the winter, so I usually switch to Life Brand Dermagel. As soon as I stop using this, I get breakouts. Very effective and good value.

Popular Exfoliating