St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub Reviews

Brand: St. Ives

St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub

Pleasant

I've been using this for months now, twice weekly.It has a nice smell and texture, not too grainy and harsh it's pretty good for the price too.Refrain from using it daily lol.This is a scrub,mind you.

not for me.

I used this twice a day for a little over a week. my skin looked great at first, some blackheads I had came out. then my whole face broke out. stopped using it, still hasn't cleared all the way up but didn't get worse. smelled nice though.

The same thing happened to me. What did you do to help clear all the breakouts?
Why were you using a exfoliating scrub twice a day???? It may only be a medium exfoliant, but you should use one maybe every few days.

One of my skin care staples!

I picked up the Green Tea Scrub after the Apricot exfoliator was way too harsh for my skin. This scrub is great! It smells wonderful and it is gentle yet effective. I have fairly mild acne and sensitive skin - this product works perfectly for me and I found that it does NOT irritate my acne or my skin. I exfoliate with this product about twice a week and while I'm not sure it's effectiveness on my acne or oil, I know it is helping to clear some of the dead skin cells on my face. The morning after I use this product, I can see a visible improvement in the application of my face makeup. I would definitely pick up this product and incorporate it into your weekly skin care routine (although not as a daily wash!).

Comments

Love - I use it every night !!

Absolutely love this product. Previously I was using more expensive products in hopes of clearing my acne but they weren't working so I decided to try a cheaper route and thats when I found this product. I've been using it for about 6 months now and my acne is almost cleared. I don't think this product alone helped clear my skin but its been working for me and I encourage others to try it out considering its inexpensive.

Alright

It's a good product to wash your face with, but it never seemed to stop any pimples. Didn't create any new ones either though.

New favourite exfoliator

Smells fantastic Makes skin feel really soft Gets rid of blackheads None I love this scrub. I was using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub for quite a while and loved it as well, but really wanted to try something that would help clear my skin as well as make my skin smooth. So I purchased this one. It's more gentle on my skin than the apricot scrub, so I can easily use it twice a day. Since I've been using it, I've noticed a complete reduction in the blackheads on my nose. They're gone! They were never awful to begin with, but they were still unsightly enough, and now that's one less facial concern to have to deal with. More importantly, this scrub does help with my breakouts. If I have a new pimple, this scrub works really well at getting rid of it from the get-go. My skin is still far from perfect, but I think if I keep doing what I've been doing I'll be closer to the perfect skin I dream of in no time!

Wait so u had pimples and by using this ur spot went away and no more pimples

Love it

smells amazing makes my skin feel super soft helps my skin heal faster I use this scrub 2 or 3 times a week. Any more than that is too harsh for my skin. I like how it removes dull skin and makes my skin brighter and softer. I love it so much it is amazing! When i have a scab or something after a pimple goes down, the scrub majorly speeds up the healing time.

Comments

I love this scrub. I currently use it about every other day, but have gone through periods of using it every day without problems. It really helped to smooth out the texture of my skin. Can be used as a mask, too.

[link removed]

Comments

smells nice travel size available scrubbing beads are too harsh on face doesn't completely clear acne St. Ive's Green Tea Scrub is something that I use every once in a while when i feel like my face needs a good deep cleaning. i would not recommened using it every day as a staple face wash but i think it does a nice job at making my face feel vibrant, soft, and fresh.

Guest Shiann
Guest Shiann

It smells nice. It didn't do the job of exfoliating Broke me out Irritated my skin "sand" gets left behind on your skin even when washed with water I used this for a while because I really wanted it to work. It didn't work for me, as well as a lot of the "naturally clear" products. They always make my acne worse. If you have inflamed acne - you should NOT be using a scrub, it will just irritate it more. I have pretty mild acne, maybe 2-3 spots at a time on my face, or none, and this irritated my acne and made it worse, and made it more noticeable, causing me to want to use it more to make it better. It was a vicious circle. Do yourself a favor, and save your money.

Guest stacy
Guest stacy

Smells great Tiny stone-like things get left behind on face/get in eyes Does absolutely nothing Made my face break out Left my face feeling dry/tight I would not recommend this product as it does absolutely nothing to help acne/break outs (at least in my case). In fact, i broke out more than usual after i started using it. Will definitely switch back to my regular St.Ives scrub for sensitive skin, as it did a better job at preventing acne than this product which was actually designated to the prevention of acne.

Comments

Smells great Sensitive on the skin Reduces redness Many ways you can use it Removes make up thoroughly! None that I can tell so far I Love this product! I use it in the am and pm and it makes my skin feel refreshed! I feel like it does a good job of getting everything that's on my skin off and cleared away. Plus, it's a really gentle exfoliator that's great for everyday use. It never dried out my skin or made it red. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone that asked.

Guest audrey
Guest audrey

- You notice the decrease in size of your pimple the first time you use it! - Leaves skin soft - Clears breakouts and upcoming pimples! NONE I've been using this for almost a month and it works great! I don't suggest using it if your pimple looks like its about to pop or if puss is showing!

Comments

-smells AMAZING. -cleanses well -not sure about the makeup though cuz i dont wear it. -reduces acne only by a little -leaves skin bright and looking healthy. -the beads are very tiny when i cleanse my face, and i accidentally get it to my hair line, it stays there and looks like dandruff. -feels more like a cleanser. Recommend to friends But I prefer the St. Ives Apricot Scrub FTW ^-^

Comments

• smells good • can be used daily • doesn't irritate my skin • leaves my skin smooth • clears some acne • decreases oil gradually on my skin • i found it didn't hep whatsoever with my blackheads, which is what scrubs normally do • makes my skin break out occasionally • leaves my skin somewhat oily (though i've always had oily skin) This product is very confusing to review, though I thought it would be helpful for other people. Let's first start with my acne problem, cause "moderate" just doesn't cut it. I have acne on my cheeks, on my forehead, on my temple area, and on chin. Really, the only part of my face that isn't covered in nasty blemishes is my nose! My cheeks have what looks like red circles under my skin that vary in size. On my chin, i mainly have those pimples that ;ay above my skin (those are just awfully painful!) On my forehead, i have very small blemishes, some sitting on the skin, some underneath, and that's probably the worst part of my acne (either that or my cheeks). And it's not like this whole acne thing is recent - i've had acne for nearly 4 years now. I'm currently in high school, and that's probably the worst part of life to suffer from acne (all the immature teasing and everything). I have sort of a stressful life, and i don't eat as healthy as i should (hehe) I guess that could have an affect on my acne. Sorry for this nasty piece of information, but i figured it would be useful to know when reading my review. Anyways, the scrub itself is complicated. It leaves my skin extremely smooth, and i use it twice a day with nothing else. My skin still seems oily, though the amount of oily has decreased. After about a week of using the product, my skin (especially around my mouth) started to feel extremely tense, like it was hard to smile. That's not really a problem, because it doesn't affect my skin, really (i.e., my skin doesn't look rough/dry or anything, just feels like it). The first few days, my skin was looking good. Though honestly, it just could have been in my head. The whole fact of changing facial routines and stuff. Nonetheless, my skin looks a bit better, though i still get pimples. Overall, the smell is nice and the price is good, but i still don't really see a difference, other than my acne is somewhat controlled, and the oil on

Comments

has made my breakout 10 times smaller! helps with redmarks doesnt contain too much salcylic acid wont dry out your skin wont clog pores help reduce breakouts NONE!!! i have try every cleanser in the market..proactiv,neutrogena,clean and clear and none of those helped me with my mild acne ..my mom had always used the apricot scrub but i didnt totally like it because it was too rough on my skin (rough and harsh things make me breakout:/)but i like the way my skin felt after using it ..until one day i saw these cleanser and bought it in which didnt contain that much amount of salcylic acid and said it would help with redness..since ive started using it i havent broken out like i used too,and if i breakout my pimples are super tiny and my red marks has dramatically reduceed!:D

Guest Juna
Guest Juna

Makes skin soft Non-irritating and gentle Nice smell Can be used daily Doesn't cause breakouts None at all I would definitely recommend this scrub. I have been in love with it since I have first used it and it has made my skin so soft. This is actually the only thing I use to wash my face and I used it twice a day for over a year and I am still using it. I have not experienced any negative side-effects and every time I try using a new scrub or cleanser they always break me out so I return to this one. I do admit it's not a miracle treatment for acne and I still experience the occasional breakout but I attribute that to hormones, not this product. If anything, I use this scrub because it is the only scrub that I trust won't break me out. I don't really use this scrub to treat my acne and I do not think a scrub alone will cure acne it has to be in combination with other products.

Comments

-Smells nice -Nice exfoliators -Exfoliates well -Reduces redness -Only need a little to cover face -Nice refreshing effect -Doesn't clear acne (use the St. Ives Green Tea Cleanser) The is product is amazing ! The consistency is so thickly packed with mini exfoliator beads so sensitive skin people can use this. After rinsing this product off, the face feels so refreshed and it looks radiant.

Comments

It gets rid of flakes. None I would recommend this for once weekly usage but no more than that.

Guest Trista
Guest Trista

Smell Ingredients Everything! None In combination with Garnier "PURE" Toner (which I use in the AM once I wake up, and in the PM after using St. Ives Naturally Clear) I am CLEAR of acne. I fought with mild/moderate acne for over a decade - this product is amazing and I wish I found it sooner. I am very thankful for this.

Comments

Smells really good. Everything else. At the start of my use of this product it worked amazingly. My face looked better then ever, I mean I was really loving this stuff till about the second week. Slowly I started to see every pore on my face form a miniature "white head" and I started to break out ridiculously bad. In places I have never had acne before. My skin was very irritated and bright red. I was devistated and made an appointment to see a dermatologist for the first time ever in my life which also made me feel awful because I thought this stuff was gonna be my scrub of choice but I guess not. Needless to say I was shocked how it could work and then wreck my face in such a short time. Bottom line is... its awful. Dont get it unless you dont have a problem with getting more acne:D its taken me close to 2 months to somewhat bounce back from this.

Comments

Smell Texture Gentle enough for every day use Clears skin within about 1/2 the bottle :) PERFECT :D NONE This product is perfect in my eyes :D I only have 2 pimples and that was from when i forgot to wash my face. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS STUFF! I am about to buy another bottle! This stuff is the only thing that worked in 5 years! My skin is actually smooth and soft now :) and its not too harsh. I use it morning and night before toning and moisturizing and its perfect :) I have combination and sensitive skin (which is horrible) and this clears up most of the oil and the acne and its amazing, I completely recommend this product to you, its amazing :) and the green tea feels wonderful :)

Guest Krystal
Guest Krystal

Smells great Great for black heads Leave face smooth Gets rid of flakes You can find it at the grocery store If your acne is flaring it might be too harsh Wish it was more natural I really like this scrub, it isnt too harsh and it has Salicylic Acid which is good for acne. I use it about 3 times a week and scrub very lightly, just enough that I feel it but not hard to the point that my face is red. If I had an open pimple (just popped) I would not use it in that area because it does have scrubers and for a pimple that has been popped it wouldnt be the greatest thing. This product is best for black heads or dry skin flakes. Best when used with a good moisturizer! And it has jojoba esters! I also do yogurt masks about twice a week (leave on uintil all dried then wash off) and I use Daniel Kerns jojoba moisturizer and his benzoyl peroxide gel and my face has been very happy! Before I started all this my face was flaring up and horrible, so far so good!

Guest Be
Guest Be

This is a miracle product! I'm finally free from acne! None I tried to use so many different acne regimen and cleansers. One day my mom came in and told me to use her cleanser. She said it cleared up everyone that she recommended it to. It worked for me!

Popular Exfoliating