St. Ives Apricot Scrub Reviews

Brand: St. Ives

St. Ives Apricot Scrub

Very irritating on my skin

I tried the St.Ives apricot scrub a couple times as a method to exfoliate my sebderm but after only 2 uses I had to throw this product away. It had a nice fragrance but that was pretty much the only redeeming quality. It caused my skin to redden and it irritated my whole face. I found the added exfoliants to be abrasive. I guess I prefer a chemical exfoliator. Very disappointed at the wasted money I shelled out to buy this.

Comments

Not good for sensitive skin

Gritty exfoliants always cause me to get little white bumps all over my face the following day. Everyone always says "thats just old stuff coming to the surface" but the shear volume of pus and the white color (white indicates brand new, old would be yellowish/hard) obviously indicates that it was an inflammatory response to the abrasive material in the scrub.

Comments

• Gets rid of most blackheads and whiteheads • Makes your skin feel amazingly smooth • Smells nice • Slightly rough • Would only recommend using 1-2 times a week as it can make small cuts in your skin • Doesn't clear acne but helps with blackheads and whiteheads I started using this about 3 years ago about 3-4 times a week but I stopped because it made my skin red and painful after usage. It still made my skin feel great but the pain wasn't worth it. This year I found my old tube sitting in my bathroom draw and decided to use it again. It felt amazing because it removed so many whiteheads and blackheads and left my skin feeling soft and less bumpy. The bottom line is, don't use it too many times a week, 1-2 times is enough for great results! Recommend this for people without sensitive skin :)

Comments

-Makes skin smooth -Gets dry patches off -Very abrasive -Doesn't help with acne -Irritates acne and skin The number one rule for those with acne is to be gentle with the skin. No scrubbing, no wash cloths, etc. This product is everything you should not due. However, sometimes I get an area of peeling skin and it's nice to get all that skin off. Use limitedly.

Comments

Smooths skin Exfoliates well Refreshes and wakes you up Inexpensive Abrasive Hard to wash off without scratching skin This is a great exfoliator, and really gets rid of dead skin cells. I love the fact that this helps other products penetrate better, so you really get the full experience without all the dead skin build up. I definitely wouldn't recommend this for anyone with sensitive skin, because it is so harsh. Afterwards it leaves my skin feeling refreshed, clean, and awake. I recommend to use this 3-4 times a week, not every day.

Comments

left skin feeling soft Cleared up small pimples A bit harsh This is a great exfoliator, though I wouldn't recommend using it everyday. The apricot particles scratch the surface of your skin, forcing it to stretch, and in turn, wrinkle faster. So, be careful not to scrub to hard on this, and I would say to only use it a few times a week.

Guest Autumn
Guest Autumn

-Exfoliates -Makes skin feels smooth -Nice smell -Dries skin baddddd -Doesn't really clear skin. Ok. So, I've used alot of products. Like really alot. Truthfully my skin is still breaking out. However, there are some things that help... This product worked nicely with my skin but over time is started drying it out really bad, but I did notice a difference in my acne, there was less of it. But, it wasn't really worth losing the natural shine of my skin. So, of course I wanted to get rid of some oil but I'd still like it to look healthy. So, I'd recommend only using it once a week, with moisturizer. Bottom line, it's an OK product but, to actually rid your acne use this once a week, a light moisturizer and epido works really well for me. Even though I still get black heads on my nose and pimples on my period my skin looks pretty clear and healthy. Good Luck!

Guest Tom
Guest Tom

-Skin feels fresh and light afterwards -Exfoliator beads are very small and gentle -Natural ingredients (Apricot, Ground Corn & Walnut) -Smells nice -Widely available and affordable -Sharp edges on packaging (seriously: they are SHARP!) This is the only exfoliator I have ever used and it's served me quite well. It does a hell of a job - skin feels fresh and light afterwards, beads are small and gentle, and it even has a pleasant smell. Advice: use this in place of your facial cleanser every second or third day. Gently massage a good amount of the product into your skin, moving your hands in slow, circular motions. Take your time: at least a minute or two will maximize its effectiveness. Rinse off and smile! FIVE STARS To see my complete review and other product reviews, go to [link removed]

Comments

cheap(always on sale) exfoliates cleanses well doesn't do anything of blackheads This product works well for me. It won't get rid of your acne, it might help a bit because it cleanses it will prevent acne. I use this about 3-4 times a week because I don't want to over exfoliate. I usually use this product before doing a mask to open up my pores. I like the exfoliating beads, they do the job. Overall this isn't my favourite acne product but it's always in my bathroom because of it's price(4.50$ but it's always on sale for 2.99$! :))

Guest natalie
Guest natalie

skin was so smooth! cleared acne in a week! inexpensive! none, so far! i use this scrub every other day, and so far, it has been the ONLY product to really control my breakouts. i've had acne since i was 12 (i am now 23) and until i started to use this product last year, nothing had ever helped. i took every pill, i tried proactiv, neutrogena, and every other fancy acne-fighting system that exists, and nothing worked! my great results often vanished after a few weeks, and the pills always made me so ill. but this product has been a miracle! i use it in tangent with a mild facial cleanser, but i noticed a difference in my skin almost immediately! highly recommended!

Comments

-it really does make my skin feel smooth afterwards -My acne looked better -The granuales are quite large (but they didnt bother me) I have light acne on my forehead and I bought this from boots on offer and so far, it has improved the condition of my skin. It has helped my dry patches and I transferred to this because the exfoliating brush was too harsh on my skin. I would recommend using it every two or three days as it may be too harsh for others skin to be used everyday and also, its magicness will stop abruptly. I use neutrogena pink grapefruit wash on all the other days. I also apply neutrogena visibly clear oil free moisturiser afterwards. I suggest waiting a half hour before applying any acne medications. I am 12 btw and my acne only started about 11 months ago. I also recommend t-zone spot zapper and t-zone cleansing wipes....xx OH and the bottle may be different when you buy it.

Comments

Smell great gives you smooth skin make you break out a lot! This is one of the products that works for your skin at first, but as soon as you've seen slight changes on your acne, you skin starts to get worse. This product can make your skin dry, and I don't recommend it for people with acne skin.

Comments

-Left my skin smooth -Helped "fading" blackheads -REALLY exfoliating -2% salicylic acid -Drying -too much exfoliates which are really harsh -Doesn't help acne "as" much -Smell is to strong! It was a good scrub but to harsh to use 2-3 times a week. Did nothing for blemishes, not even pimples.

Guest Naomi from Australia
Guest Naomi from Australia

*Cheap *Lasts a long time *it's a scrub so it's not going to be really gentle, but it's not to rough *Clears breakouts *Leaves my skin feeling smooth and clean *Smells good *All natural there is so many more positives about this product!! None so far.. This apricot scrub is such an awesome scrub, I LOVE IT My skincare routine consists of a wash with tea tree oil soap, then I use witch hazel toner, then I use 'natural instinct' daily mousterizer and of course I incorporate this scrub usually at night, and sometimes in the morning!! Definately recommend this scrub, bottom line - it's really great!

Guest CeCe
Guest CeCe

-removes pimples almost immediately -smoothen skin -softens skin -makes pimple smaller and smaller until their gone -smells great -doesn't remove marks and redness good product if is used according to instructions not not for all skin types

Guest Shiann
Guest Shiann

Makes your skin feel clean Cheap Made me break out into cysts, and it doesn't have "beads" it has more like sand crystals, which can cut into your skin, making microscopic cuts. The little cuts in your skin caused by this product can create a gate opening for bacteria. Causing more breakouts. Not to mention, if you have inflamed acne.....you should not be using anything that says "scrub" on it. Bad bad bad. It will just create more cuts and irritate your already inflamed acne.

Guest Cassia
Guest Cassia

-Smells good -Extremely good price -Easy to spread all over the face -Little granules cut into my skin leaving small scars -Skin felt dry afterwards -Dull Complexion -More breakouts -Redness on cheeks and forehead I bought this a few years ago to use because the current Spectro products that I'd been faithfully using didn't improve my skin and made it dull. I went to Wal Mart, looked at the shelf of products and saw this St. Ives cleanser; read the promising words on the back and bought it along with a Clean and Clear moisturizer. I recognized the St. Ives brand and decided to give it a try. Naive, I thought that it would do exactly as the packaging promised. I thought that for my acne prone skin a scrub two times a day would be best at sloughing off the excess oil and bacteria. Instead, this was much too harsh, the parfum (fragrance) irritating and it only made my skin worse. I broke out along my chin and my forehead got worse. My cheeks became red so I looked like I'd developed rosacea! I've also tried the Green Tea Cleanser but none of them every did any good. I'm sorry to say that St. Ives is not a brand I'll buy in the future :(

Comments

Does exfloiate way dead skin and "gunk" Makes skin smooth No visible irritation Doesnt clear spots really. Idk :/ This is a good exfolaint. It gets the gunk out and msooth out your skin. But its no magic acne eraser. At all. Id be careful with any exfolaint around pimples, it might irritate them. This one didnt irritate my skin, but thats beucase I was carefu lto be gentle and not to abrase my acne. If you want a decent exfolaint tihs is good. If you want a magic acne cure, look else wear. People are really off and on aobtu this. SOme HATE it for bieng to abrasive, some aore it for magiclaly clearing them. Im one of the few on the fence. I suggest its something you need to try for yourself. Just be gentle(:

Popular Exfoliating