Spectro HydraCare Facial Moisturizer Reviews

Brand: Spectro

Spectro HydraCare Facial Moisturizer

Avoid

run. If you live in a cold country like Canada and you want to protect your skin from constant switches between heated-with-electricity places and freezing places during winter period, the product is really not effective... every single move i made with my face gave my skin small and plenty of "cracked folds" if it makes any sense. Anyways my skin was left dry with this product... I tried this product and the one for dry-skin even though i don't usually have dry skin and even there it didn't help... Please give a favor to your skin don't purchase spectro's moisturizers. They don't reach their cleanser's level though because they are terrific in this case!

Comments

Been using it for 5 years!

Lightweight Absorbs relatively quickly Oil/fragrance/harsh chemicals free I have very acne prone and combo skin. When I was in 7 grade I had pretty bad acne on my forehead mostly between my brows so I tried this moisturizer with the cleanser and it leaves my skin feeling great. I've been repurchasing it since. It doesn't clear away acne but it helps to sooth them and it won't clog pores. I do only use it as a day moisturizer and use another at night to switch things up. If your on an acne treatment and the products that you use are very harsh and drying, then you most likely won't like it because it's a light moisturizer.

Guest A. B.
Guest A. B.

- Came bundled with Spectro gel cleanser for only $9 at Wal-mart - Skin absorbs the lotion quickly - Sits well under makeup - Not greasy, less shine on my face as the day goes on - Unscented - Spectro's products can run a bit expensive So far, this product feels like a bargain. Compared to Garnier's gel moisturizer, it moisturizes more, and compared to Neutrogena/Olay's basic lotions, it doesn't feel as greasy. Also, they have either reformulated or the others are mistaken: there is no salicylic acid. I think I have finally found a moisturizer I can keep... my only regret is that I didn't try it sooner!

I was wondering that too, others have said it contains salicylic acid but I dnt think it does?
Guest Simon
Guest Simon

- Skin feels good - Helps controlling oily skin - Doest not break me out - Good dispenser - Not too pricey - Greasy only when applied then smooths out - Does not truly moisturize. My skin is still dry when this is used on the Regimen. - Smells funny I'm not sure how I like this product. It didn't really moisturize my skin on a two weeks period but when I put this my skin isn't stiff and doesn't FEEL dry. It takes about 10 minutes to absorb. It will roll up if you re-apply during the day without washing. It's not a bad product but I can't say it's amazing. Try it.

Comments

Light, Non-greasy, doesn't irritate skin or cause acne Leaves a residue, doesn't moisturize very much. It seems that this moisturizer (the purple bottle) was made for people with very oily skin. I have "normal" skin, and for me it didn't moisturize well enough, especially since my skin gets dried out from the BP. I have not tried the orange bottle, but I assume that it would moisturize more than this one. Also I found that it didn't get completely absorbed and would leave a residue on my skin, which I could feel the next time I would wash my face.

Guest Sally
Guest Sally

Non oily Non greasy Moisturizes well Leaves skin feeling smooth and healthy looking Doesn't make my face look oily or feel greasy A bit expensive Works great! I've always been scared of putting moisturizer on my face because all the ones I put on made my face looking very oily and feeling greasy. When I bought the cleanser, it came with a free bottle of this moisturizer and I was a bit scrared but the minute I put this on I was thrilled. Since then i've always use spectro hydracare. LOVE IT!

Guest Kay
Guest Kay

Good at reducing dryness and flakiness I found it to be heavy and greasy. It also gave me more pimples. I used this with the Spectro Blemish Prone Skin cleanser hoping the compination would help. The cleanser worked great, but everytime I used the moisturizer, I would get more pimples. I didn't realize the problem was with the moisterizer until I skipped it one nite and my face looked better the very next morning. This may work for others, but not if you have sensitive skin.

Comments

in specific for their dry skin moisturizer, not blemish prone: - makes skin super soft, not greasy - does not give you acne (no difference in comparison to blemish-prone moisturizer) - reduces redness!!! this was a huge problem for me, even with their blemish-prone - evens skin tone and oily/dry spots it's $15, but it is really, really worth $15. The hydracare for dry skin is the best moisturizer I've ever used. I used spectro's blemish-prone cleanser and moisturizer for a while, and decided to try out their stuff for dry skin. It's just as awesome as the blemish-prone, except it moisturizes a ton better and makes my skin EXTREMELY SOFT and a lot less red.

Comments

Moisturizing, absorbing, nice minimal shine. Contains salicylic acid which helps eradicate acne. not cheap I mix lots of tea tree oil with this moisturizer and it works just as well as BP, if not better. Tea tree oil has similar effects to BP only it's very healthy for skin. Benzyl peroxide can be very damaging to skin long term. It produces radicals which, much like harmful sun rays, can cause premature aging.

Does it really contain salicylic acid? I dnt think it does now. I realize this review is a cpl years old...jus thought id ask cuz I wanna purchase it if it contains SA but if not, im not sure i do

Very moisturizing, absorbing, non-greasy. Contains salicylic acid and helps eliminate acne. Truly the best! not cheap Benzyl peroxide can be very damaging to skin long term. It produces radicals which, much like harmful sun rays, can cause premature aging. So I mix lots of tea tree oil with this moisturizer and it works just as well as BP, if not better. Tea tree has similar effects to BP only it's very healthy for skin.

Comments

Basically everything that you would expect out of a moisturizer for people w/acne is what this product is. It works well on Body and face. And it has a nice smell. Sort of peanutty... A TINY bit of redness & shine, which (if you're a girl, or you are a guy who likes makeup) can be covered with a little foundation. Great product for anyone. And if you are now clear, the spectro gel cleanser is good. if not then use it before using a harsh cleanser. I got it onsale for $5. So, if you don't have the cash for full prce just wait for it to go on ale.

Comments

Spectro Hydra Care is a great moisturizer especially for acne stricken skin as it is non-greasy and non-irritating. I used this after 5% Benzoyl Peroxide, and since the benzoyl peroxide is so drying i knew i needed a good moisturizer, and this is honestly the best! If you have acne, i recomend Spectro Hydra care Normal to combination skin. The only thing is that it is shiney when you put it on, but you just have to let it soak in after you spread it around. This is the best moisturizer i have ever tried! No wonder Spectro is a dermatologist recomended brand!

Comments

Great texture. Non-greasy. Actually feels like it's water-based. All ingredients are safe. Moisturizes well, especially with the Safflower Oleosomes. Goes a long way. Totally non-irritating. Very mild. Leaves a bit of a shine on the face. Although non-greasy, it still leaves a residue. Does not totally absorb into skin immediately; some of it just sits on the skin. But then again, that's the characteristics of a true moisturizer. If it is absorbed immediately, then there will be no long-lasting moisturizing effects. But this product does. Try it.

Popular Dry/Sensitive