Spectro AcneCare Wash Reviews

Brand: Spectro

Spectro AcneCare Wash
5.0 1 review

Awesome BP Product

I was on the hunt for a benzoyl peroxide alternative as my 5% spot treatment was just too drying and harsh on my combination (with very dry areas) skin; I have been suffering from terrible hormonal acne since having a hormonal contraceptive implant inserted, after years of off and on acne troubles. I spotted this at Walmart amongst other acne treatment products and decided to give it a try, as I have used the Spectro Jel cleansers quite a few times. This "wash" appears to be a newer product also, and contains 4% BP. In my experience using this product, it is important to remember that it is NOT a cleanser per se, and avoid getting it in your eyes at all costs (extreme burning will result as I made that mistake haha). It is a very creamy product that you are supposed to massage into your skin for 1-2 minutes before rinsing off; I use a normal cleanser to remove any makeup before putting this stuff on. As far as results go, I have noticed a difference in my acne - while I still get spots, they are fewer in number, and if I am experiencing a bad breakout, this wash clears up the worst pimples pretty quick. And it delivers just what I was looking for in the first place - NO harshness or drying effects at all, in fact it leaves my skin very smooth and soft, due to the wash containing 7 moisturizers. It is also very effective on back acne, which I sometimes experience. After 2 days of using it on my back, the bacne is all but gone! So all in all, I love this wash! 4% BP but NON-DRYING, very creamy, leaves your skin smooth and soft, and it has worked for me so far. Only downside would probably be the price (it was around $15), but the tube size is generous.

Comments