Spearmint Tea reviews

3.4/5 - 7 reviews

Improvement after 1 week
Reviewed on September 25, 2017

I am a 29 year old female & stopped taking my contraceptive pill (Diane 35) about 1 year ago. Since then my skin and hair have gradually become more oily and in the past 3-4 months I have been getting acne breakouts, particularly on my jawline, and particularly around my period or ovulation time.

I am trying Spearmint tea because I have read the research on it as a natural anti-androgen. I've been using it for 7 days and have already noticed an improvement in my skin. On day 1 I was having a horrendous breakout (10-15 pimples on my jawline and cheeks) and by today (day 7) my skin is clear.

I've been drinking on average 3 or 4 cups of spearmint tea per day. I have been drinking Organic, loose leaf spearmint tea (I strain out the leaves in a tea strainer after the tea steeps for at least 10 minutes). I've been drinking it hot, and also after I've chilled the tea overnight in the fridge (this makes it a bit easier to have on the go).

I also cleanse (benzoyl peroxide wash), tone (Apple cider vinegar toner) and moisturise (salicylic acid moisturiser) twice a day.

This is early days, so I will check back in again in a few weeks with an update on my skin.

Its not that strong for my hormonal acne
Reviewed on September 16, 2017

I drank 4 cups a day for 2 months. No improvements whatsoever. Its good for anxiety tough. Also, drinking that amount of tea is exhausting.

Great for chin acne
Reviewed on August 31, 2017

I started taking this tea after reading reviews on this site and on amazon. I have stubborn chin acne which takes forever to go away and always pops up when "time of the month" comes. I'm constantly at a struggle of waiting for these chin acne to heal and seeing new acne pop up due to hormonal changes. I'm glad I find this tea. I have been drinking about one cup of tea everyday (or almost everyday) and it has significantly reduced my chin acne. Notably, I am a member of the terrible PMS club and had always required advil to relief my menstrual pain. Since taking the tea it has reduced my cramps as well. It is not a miracle worker of course, you still need a good skincare routine and healthy lifestyle in conjunction with the tea to see long term great results. Highly recommend for all the gals who have terrible PMS and stubborn hormonal chin acne to try this out.

Works great for chin acne for me (a woman)
Reviewed on March 6, 2016

If you have chin/jawline acne, it's likely hormonal. Frontier food coop sells it in bulk on [link removed], loose leaf. Have been drinking a cup most days (though sometimes I forget) for several months and it works awesome! Combined with Ylang Ylang essential oil I apply daily along my jawline.

But... Sadly I have acne on my forehead that needs some other type of treatment. I think it's actually dermatitis.

Reviewed on March 1, 2013

I should point out first, that if you're having horomonal acne, this is not an instant cure. Hormonal acne and of course other manifestations of acne are internal causes stemming from many cases. For me, quitting sugar and alcohol, alone with refined carbs (most carbs in fact), using neem oil, and the tea have resulted in great changes in only a few weeks.

When integrated into a whole body detoxification process, combined with an eating lifestyle and exercise, can be incredibly healing.

Superrkmk, Asia
Anonymous
Reviewed on April 14, 2011

I couldn't take spearmint tea consistently enough to see whether it gives results. Even drinking just one cup a day for several days, I begin to get headaches and feel tired and even moody/depressed. The most I've been able to do was one cup every day for two weeks--I hoped the side effects would eventually decrease, but they seemed to get worse and were eventually unbearable. I've experimented with the spearmint tea routine several times now so I'm quite sure the tea is the culprit for these symptoms. Disappointing since my acne seems to be very much hormonal--I was hoping this would help.

However, I'll still drink a cup of it occasionally, no more than once a week. It doesn't help much at that dosage, but I figure it can't hurt anything either.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org