Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Avar Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%) and Sulfur (2%) LS Cleanser - Reviews

Avar Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%) and Sulfur (2%) LS Cleanser
Brand: Avar

5.0 1 review

View Ingredients

Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%) and Sulfur (2%).

Benzyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Acacia, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Hectorite, Sodium Thiosulfate, Stearyl Alcohol.

Yuraa
Update 11/30/17 (1 month later) - This product is still fabulous! I switched to CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser to aid with repairing my skin barrier and it works in great synergy with Avar LS. My face is even more smooth with it. This is a slow process, but I can definitely feel the difference each day. I still also use Elidel occasionally to aid in eczema flare ups. I still get cystic acne flare ups but I can't help that because of hormones, I'm going to try birth control (if I can get it) in combination with it soon.

Link to comment

Yuraa

Update 12/27/18 (over a year later) - I switched to a generic a few months ago and it works way better with the thicker consistency and lack of sulfur smell. I am able to use this twice a day morning and night. My face is usually baby smooth now and I rarely get any breakouts. I only have eczema (I no longer have to use Elidel) that comes and goes and continued use does not irritate it at all, but rather helps by sloughing off the dead skin faster. My complexion is also getting lighter and slowly matching the rest of my body.

Still love this stuff so much.

I still use CeraVe products with this, no problems at all. Rather it's very gentle and the hyaluronic acid helps, I never have dry skin anymore since the sulfur can be very drying.

I still use the leftover Avar each night on my back in the shower, and it does smooth it out a good deal however I still get bumps there. Doesn't work that well on the back, but I don't want to waste it. It lasts a long time, this is still the original bottle I got last year.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a New Account

Already have an account? Sign in here.

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes