Skinoren Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream reviews

3.8/5 - 96 reviews

Brand: Skinoren

Azelaic Acid (20%).

Arlatone 983 S (polyoxyethylene fatty acid ester), cutina CBS (mixture of mono-dicglyceridene, fatty alcohols, triglycerides and wax esters), cetearyloctanoate, propylene glycol, glycerol 85%, benzoic acid, purified water.

Amazing cream
Reviewed on November 10, 2017

I have suffered from acne all my life and I am now 52 (female). The only pill that helped was Dianette but sadly they took me off it when I was forty due to the increase in risks of blood clots. My acne returned and I have been trying everything available as usual on the market, I even did a dairy free diet as there are links to dairy and acne, but nothing worked. I recently had a real bad outbreak of cystic acne and after looking to the internet saw the reviews for this cream. I half heartedly bought it thinking it wouldn't work but had to put my review on, I have only been using for two weeks (I have very sensitive skin) and the results are amazing, all my cystic acne, blackheads have gone and my red scars are gradually diminishing and this cream hasn't irritated my skin! I am amazed and hope these results continue, I am soooo happy.

Worth a Go!
Reviewed on November 8, 2017

This is the 4th week I've been on the cream. At first I didn't see a lot of improvement but now it is beginning to show slowly. It leaves skin feeling really soft and with no irritation for me anyway.

Inflamed pimples under the skin are well down after 2 applications. It has slightly faded some hyperpigmentation..however it is said around 6 months are needed to benefit from it. Here's to hoping! 4 stars as I'm awaiting more results as it states.

Best treatment I've ever found
Reviewed on September 20, 2017

I have tried everything for my acne, including two rounds of roaccutane. I've tried supplements, antibiotics, contraceptive pills... you get the picture. Since my acne was now moderate rather than severe, my GP prescribed Skinoren. Within days my acne was nearly clear. I couldn't believe it! And almost as good, the scars are far less red and I feel more confident without makeup than ever before.

The only downside is that when I came off it the acne came back after a couple of months and some of the redness in the scars came back too. However I was only on for 3 or 4 months so will try it for longer this time to see if it clears for good. If not I will just stay on it and apparently it's fine for long term use. Try it!

Miracle Cream! Noticeabe Results After First Application!
Reviewed on October 31, 2016

All I can say is that this product is amazing. I noticed the marks and active acne calmed down and noticeably faded after the FIRST time I used it. I applied it to the areas affected before I went to sleep and when I woke up, it was like 3 weeks had gone by. The marks were significantly faded and the sore spots had all calmed down. I have only been using this cream for 4 days but the results are better than other creams I have used for weeks. As with all acne creams, you must apply sparingly and I find that gently massaging the cream into each separate blemish reduces the redness of skin that isn't affected by acne. I have not found it to be drying and as my skin is so oily, the chances of any dryness are pretty slim. I am therefore lucky enough to be able to apply Skinoren in the morning AND evening which maximises results. I didn't want to leave the house 5 days ago and now, I am free to do so with my head held up high because of Skinoren.

love it
Reviewed on May 10, 2016

i love skinoren! my derm rec me to you this cream for my acne,dark spot and scar. and it works wonder my skin is getting bright and almost cleared up acne

by LeandroMaggi on 07/02/2016 18:32
How long did it take?
The only thing that worked!
Reviewed on August 1, 2015

Hello, I'm 18 and I've had acne ever since I was 12. It had its ups and downs...mostly downs...and no matter to what dermatologist I went to, they just made it worse with all the products they would prescribe for me. Finally, about a month and a half ago I went to another dermatologist and she prescribed Skinoren for me, Aknicare lotion and a mattifying hydration cream. Honestly, its the first time in years my skin is clear, I get 2 or 3 pimples before my period but thats about it. My whole face was covered with whiteheads, blackheads, small cysts and they wouldn't go away, this is the only thing that helped me.

I apply Skinoren once every night and if I stay indoors for the day I'll apply it in the morning too. Definitely apply it at night, because your pores open, meaning that Skinoren is given the opportunity to enter and hit the problem to its core(in a way) and giving you better results.

I definitely do recommend this product, however, you should keep in mind that acne takes time to cure so be patient.

Hope this helps :)

by Jessw on 08/30/2015 12:56
How long did skinoren take to work ?
Skinoren, purging
Reviewed on June 24, 2015

I've been applying skinoren for 4 weeks now, once every night.

My face to begin with was clear everywhere except for my forehead which is oily and i would breakout once a month, a few whiteheads here and there, with a few closed comedones.

Since I've been using skinoren I've been breaking out non stop. I'm hoping that my skin is simply purging. I will give this another few weeks. Hopefully It won't cause damage to my skin.

by VRH19 on 10/20/2016 21:02
This is really helpful and I feel the same after 3 weeks of use. could you please advise if you found any improvements after persevering ?
Normal?
Reviewed on May 14, 2015

I've been using Skinoren for over a week and I'm getting acne still...how long does it take? I smear Skinoren all over my face because I have acne in random places all over face. I also have it on my chest, so I've been putting Skinoren there as well. I haven't really notice anything at all as of yet. I'm also taking birth control...I've started both things on May 5th (2015)...fingers crossed for some actual results? I'm 26 and have adult acne....

by Twengkie on 05/25/2015 01:56
Not sure about birth control, but oral drugs such as antibiotics and accutane tend to break ppl out before face start to clear up. As for the skinoren, make sure you put moisturizer on after cause azelaic acids peels the skin
Good results
Reviewed on May 9, 2015

Hello fellow acne sufferers... I like this cream and it would work perfectly if I was more strict with my bed time regime as I cleanse but I don't always use this at night but it definitely makes a difference over night if you use it! I am 40 but younger in spirit, so I think that is why my acne is hanging around and it also started late. I also believe emotional distress, anxiety etc causes a lot of acne. If you saw my spotty face clear up after a massive cry, you would see the proof.

by minniemouse89 on 05/15/2015 11:18
Hi! Was wondering if you knew if it was okay to use makeup over Skinoren after it has dried? I feel so embarrassed to go out in public with no makeup on....
by Woland on 06/01/2015 16:26
Hi Flipper :) I'm also 40 and have moderate/severe bacne. Man, I thought it would have cleared by now! Also just starting Skinoren. Fingers crossed. Good to know there are others out there. :)
by cricricri11 on 03/27/2017 20:45
Hey Flipper, could you give us an update? I am 45 and also full of pimples (pre menopause). Hoping this cream will help with the dark marks that are left when the spot has gone ...
Brilliant
Reviewed on April 2, 2015

I had severe acne for months and I thought it would never go away, I had used every product available and cleaned up my diet etc but nothing worked. Skinorem was the only thing that worked, the first few weeks I had even more severe breakouts but if you can endure this then it is worth it. It took two months for effects to show but if you stick to it it's going to pay off. I now have near flawless skin and have done for the past 6 months or so.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org