Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel Reviews

Brand: Simple

Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel

Good Cleanser

Used this cleanser for a few years, it is very gentle and has no soap which works well with the medication I am on for my acne. Its a little drying for my skin at first but as my skin is oily, it doesn't stay like that for long. It also takes all my face make up off.

Terrible

I bought this on a half price offer (thank goodness) as I was looking for a gentle cleanser without harsh chemicals that wouldn't dry out my skin. I use Duac once daily gel at night and it makes my skin really dry and most cleansers just make matters worse. After using this wash only twice in total, my skin was less dry but I broke out in red inflamed pimples. Also, it didn't leave my face feeling clean. I rinsed it off well enough but there was a residue left that was either the wash or my own oily skin. Whatever it was, this it irritated my skin and caused a flare up of rosacea. I stopped using it immediately and threw it away. Was very surprised and disappointed.

This has just happened to me!! My skin became super dry, flakey and had red small spots on my chin. Still trying to tackle the problem, would you kind of I asked what you are using. People are saying this could be a chemical burn.

Love!

This is my HG cleanser and nothing else comes close. I have tried so many cleansers, both higher end and drug store and this cleanser is the most gentle, while still making my face feel very clean and it takes off makeup really well. I think I must be sensitive to SLS because even 'gentle' cleansers like Cetaphil leave my face feeling tight. I love that this is also fragrance free & cheap.

Comments

Great for dry and sensitive skin

I have skin that has a tendency to dry out very easily and very quickly. After suffering a few bad breakouts post-accutane, I decided to start cleansing twice a day, morning and evening, rather than just in the evening as I had been doing. I used a number of other facial wash cleansers and they all dried my skin out, to such an extent that it was peeling horribly. This Simple facial wash is by far the best I have used and since I have there have been no fresh breakouts and my skin is not dried out. Would definitely, definitely recommend it for those with dry skin and prone to acne breakouts.

Fresh

Started using a BP cream and found a specially formulated acne foam wash was just drying my skin too much, dug this out of my cupboard after abandoning it thinking I needed something stronger. My skin doesn't feel tight after using it, just fresh. Would recommend to use with a BP cream.

AMAZING.

I've probably used about 20-30 cleansers in my time and this one happens to be the best for me. I have extremely oily and sensitive skin so I have to use products that are very gentle and get rid of the oil without stripping too much of it and this one hits the nail on the head. The texture allows you to massage the product into your skin thoroughly to ensure that you clean your entire face and it washes off without leaving a residue. The price is right! I believe I paid about $6-$8 for mine at my local drug store and one bottle last forever (3-4 months in my case). I highly recommend!

The best.

My cleanser of choice! I love Simple products, this cleansing wash contains waaaay less chemicals than Cetaphil (which I occasionally use) and I can really feel the difference when I switch between them. My skin feels much more natural when using Simple, less like I've coated it in plastics (which is what it feels like when using Cetaphil, in my opinion!) Its Soap free which is a bonus - is this as good a claim as 'oil free', I'm not sure? Someone enlighten me! It works! Try it!

Good for accutane

When I went to the store to recruit my accutane dryness arsenal, I came across this. Not this exact product, but the moisturizing wash. It doesn't dry out my skin and takes all of the makeup off.

Comments

brilliant for dry skin too as there is no soap!

the vitamins refresh cleanse and lift the skin no fragance,perfume,harsh chemicals 100% soap free and 100% natural as all simple products none I've been using this product since 2013. I havee dry skin. And this is perfect! I exfoliate with this cleanser with an exfoliation glove you can also use any other exfoliating tools. The vitamins really give the skin an natural glow and prevents spots for me. The only time I get spots are when I don't exfoliate or I don't exfolaite properly. I used to not exfoliate and not get spots,but now I have to exfoliate and see big differences! Escepially with this cleanser I also like it as it has no fragrance or chemicals. Whenever I see a product that I like I always look at the ingediants fot alchol and chemicals//fragrance but since this product has taught me a lot I always put down products with these types of ingrediants. I don't know if its good for acne.Hope this review helped, really reccomend it!

Gentle & Cleansing

Leaves skin feeling clean and smooth. Isn't abrasive and does not interfere with the skin's natural oils. Keeps my spots at bay and is extremely gentle. This is my favourite face wash! I have used many face washes in the past; from Clearasil to Dr. Hauschka. However, this little gem has certainly proven to be the most effective cleanser I have ever used for my skin. It is very gentle, and leaves my skin feeling clean and smooth. It lathers nicely, so I only use a pea-sized amount every morning and evening. I buy the mini "travel" version of this, because I use so little, and it lasts for weeks! So it's definitely very useful when I actually travel, or just to pop into my make-up bag. I use this with the Simple Light Hydrating moisturiser, and they worth very well together. I love the Simple range. I have used their facial washes in the past, and have always returned to them when other brands do not work for me. I will be using this facial wash for a long time. It is very suitable for sensitive, acne-prone skin, and will not interfere with your skin's natural "processes", harm your acne, or leave your skin feeling dry.

Guest Discover
Guest Discover

Foremost SIMPLE products work like magic! -I previously have used the SIMPLE moisturing facial wash and it worked. After I ran out of product I wanted to try the SIMPLE Gel facial wash. I love this one even more! This is the only product that doesnt cause me to break out and keeps my skin under control. Exfoliating twice a week and using this product daily works wonders on your skin. Trust me I had acne and scars and after trying so many products I have finally found something that works!! -None -Definaltly recomend moisturizing with OLAY complete daily moisturiser after. YOUR SKIN WILL FEEL SOO SOFT 100%! It has less chemicals in it than other cleansers which makes a big difference If your tired testing out different products stop and try SIMPLE gel facial wash and finally invest in something that works!

Guest Dan
Guest Dan

Cheap, easy to find, non aggressive. None I could never use a blade to shave as I always got deep cystic spots. Instead I had to use electric razors, and they never gave me a smooth shave finish. With the wash I can finally go back to using a razor and not worry about the consequences. Great Product!!!

Guest Claire
Guest Claire

No harsh chemicals No fragrance Has cleared all of my active acne Super cheap Doesn't dry my skin Hasn't cleared my many whiteheads (yet, I hope!) Doesn't seem to last too long, but I only got a mini bottle and it cost £1 :) I've always had sensitive skin - I don't think it helped that I would always sleep in my make up when I had particularly low self esteem and didn't want my then boyfriend to see me without makeup! Anyhoo! So I tried clinique, dermatologica, clarins and all of the basic clearasil, clean and clear etc, and NONE of them helped. My mum recommended this and it's literally worked wonders so far! Been applying BP in the morn and eve too but I'd say give this facewash a try if you're stuck...it's cheap!

Comments

Non-Drying No Harsh Chemicals None I have been using this cleanser since about the time it was released in the US. I have tried so many cleansers on the market and never found one I was contempt with. When I finally tried this cleanser it was like a miracle, it was the first cleanser that did not dry up my skin or cause any initial breakouts. This cleanser is also amazing for removing any Non-Water Proof makeup. Overall I think everyone needs to go stock up on this cleanser.

Comments

moisturizing good for acne prone skin nada :) This stuff is amazing!!! It's hard to believe, but it cleared up my acne along with the Yes to cucumbers moisturizer with SPF. I wash my face and use the moisturizer when I wake up, and just use the face wash before I go to bed. These two together are miracle workers. I had really bad moderate acne but if I use this and the moisturizer consistently then I have no problems except for the occasional zit. I've spent years using salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and everything under the sun but these two are what finally killed my acne. Of course every person's skin is different, but it doesn't hurt to try especially if you were as embarassed as I was. Good luck everyone!!!

Guest gonzalocastaneda
Guest gonzalocastaneda

-Cleans all makeup off -Non Drying -Does not iterate my skin None It is an amazing cleanser that cleans my face really good. My favorite cleanser so far and it has helped control my oily face.

Guest Jack in NYC
Guest Jack in NYC

Gentle Skin feels clean afterwards Non-irritating None! I have used this for years. I am so glad that it is now available in the States! This cleanser, to me, is the best, and I can't live without it. Unlike Cetaphil, my skin actually feels clean after I use it but it isn't drying on my skin. I even use Atralin (and previously Tazorac) and Simple works beautifully. I can't say enough positive things about it. I also use the nighttime moisturizing cream, and I find it to be luxurious, moisturizing, and non-irritating.

Guest Lindsay
Guest Lindsay

Fragrance free Very gentle Didnt help my acne Fairly expensive Probably a good cleanser for regular skin but not for acne prone skin.

Comments

Non-drying (really) No residue No perfumes/dyes Foams nicely Takes a little longer to wash off at the sink It's definitely the best face wash I've ever used, my skin doesn't dry and flake if I use this while on the regimen. I would recommend it to anyone who has really dry skin.

Popular Liquid