Sea Breeze Actives Deep Clean Astringent Reviews

Brand: Sea Breeze

Sea Breeze Actives Deep Clean Astringent

Careful, largely differing formulas

I bought this awhile back after finding it on this site and being enticed by the mostly positive reviews. It was of no benefit whatsoever, it simply made my acne appearance worse. As it turns out, this astringent comes in variants, and I wasn't buying what I thought I was. Here's the ingredients of the original formula: Water, Alcohol Denat., Camphor, Peppermint Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus Oil (Clove), Eucalyptus Globulus Oil, Eugenol, Sodium Benzoate, Yellow No. 5, Orange No. 4 As you can see, water is listed first, followed directly by denatured alcohol. This makes for a consistency practically equal to water, and a harsh, unpleasant smell. I regretted this purchase. Nevertheless, this version still has quite a bit of positive feedback, but make sure you know what you're paying for.

Didn't work for me

This made my face break out worse than its ever been in my entire life. I heard good things about it so I switched from my other astringent (one with salycilic acid) and all hell broke loose on my face.

Still one of my favorite products for 30 years later

I grew up on Seabreeze, and recently started buying it for my teenage son. I tried it again one day and realized it's still the best facial astringent on the market. I am abandoning my "growing up" facial astringent that costs five times as much and doesn't work as well.

Comments

At least it smells good...

I have fairly sensitive skin. Just changed my whole routine and added this. It smells amazing, has a slight tingle. Not drying at all, if anything helps me to retain moisture. My skin looks better after three days twice a day ( but im also using other new products). If its not whats making my face better at the very least it smells great

Comments

Nothing to get excited about

I used this for a few days at my partner's house. I'm sure it works great with mild acne, but it didn't really do much for my face besides sting and make it red.

Awesome

It works It's better then proactiv It's a cooling sensation None It's truly great! I've been using it for just a few weeks and my acne is gone! I'm a hockey player so sweat is all around my face! My coach uses it to along with my teammates and they all love it!!! BUY IT!!!

its good

heyy people well im 10 years old and I have blackheads and acne and stuff soo... my aunt told me about sea breeze and I just now used it and now I feel refreshed my face is smooth and it looks really good :) yall should try it

Comments

works super fast stings its amazing..I use a toothbrush and in the shower I lightly brush my pimple and put sea breeze it clears Sooo fast

Guest Keesha
Guest Keesha

Nice strong smell No need for a whole kit, just this bottle Great price No cons here I have been using this product for over a year, and it is the only one that I have been committed to. I use it at least twice a day, sometimes three when it is hot, because my face gets oily. I get my pads from Family Dollar ($1.00-1.50). I bottle usually last me a month or two.I rather spend money on this then, Proradioactive or another other facial kit. Try using a wash cloth in hot water an putting it over your face (opens the pores), then use the product, feels awesome!!!! The burning or tingling sensation, is the product saying, "hey, Im working here!!!"

Comments

-smells nice -makes your skin feel clean -worked for my boyfriend really well -cheap -It didnt seem to work for me but I still say give this a shot, it seemed to have almost all positive reviews Really really really wanted to love this product. I'm at the end of my rope and hoped this would be the last thing I would need to purchase to save my skin.I feel like i'm getting a lot more whiteheads and pimples on my cheeks which I never got before. Idk if i believe in 'purging the skin but I dont know how much longer it needs to 'purge', been about a week now. I ordered some black soap off amazon and until that arrives i'll continue using this and hope to see a change. While to others they may not see my acne as all that bad it is my own biggest insecurity and I now hate to wear make-up because I just feel like I draw more attention to the problem. My boyfriend really likes this product though, he has nice skin to begin with but it does look even better. I say give it a shot, if you're like me what do you have to lose? I feel like all the reviews I read before I purchased were positive. Hopefully I can re-review it soon and will have changed my mind.

Guest Tracey in Texas
Guest Tracey in Texas

deep cleans, helps clear up acne. I've used Seabreeze for years especially during hot Texas Summers when my skin is extra oily. But I recently was able to turn my husband on to it as well. He works in the heat all day and gets pimples all over his back from sweating and just using seabreeze after his evening shower has cut them in half in just a week...soon they will all be gone! be careful not to get it near your eyes....will sting and as with any product that has alcohol will over dry if you use too much. I counter balance with a nice oil free moisturizer. Love this stuff! Great value sized bottles less than $5 at Wal-Mart. It works so well hubby couldn't believe it was so cheap he thought I was paying much more for it! It's also good for wiping down phone receivers or helmet chin straps that kinda get sweaty over time.

Comments

I love this toner! refreshes my skin and keeps it acne free! no cons! very cheap and efficient

Guest Mia
Guest Mia

It works It burns a little but that means it's working I'm 54 years old and I don't use this for acne When my daughter was a teenager she used it for acne. I had a severe case of psoriasis I scratched until it bled it hurt terribly. At that time the label didn't say astringent its said antiseptic for the skin so I use it. It burnt terribly at first but in a week it started to heal. In a month it was gone. For the past year I have had a fungus in my big toe and everything I used didn't work so I decided to put a little sea breeze in a spray bottle and try that. 20 minutes after the first spray the green infection started to turn black as the fungus died. It's been 2 weeks now and my toenail is almost totally clear. So to the makers of sea breeze thank you very much

Guest Jake
Guest Jake

Clears ALL acne removes all makeup ( for those who wear it) Makes skin soft Strong smell stings a little at first

Guest Selauren
Guest Selauren

It's one of the greatest products ever. Kept me from getting acne in my youth. Makes my skin feel amazing. Removes oils, dirt and makeup leaving my skin soft. That it took them 10+ years to realize their mistake. I'm 49 years old and I have been using Sea Breeze Original Formula since I was a kid. In high school when all other kids looked like pimple pizzas, my skin stayed clear. I think that the person who originally came up with this product should win some kind of humanitarian award. I haven't been so happy to see a poduct in the stores in my life.

Guest Brianna
Guest Brianna

-Removes make-up -Feels Clean -Keeps Acne under control from huge breakouts -cheap (I got a big bottle from Wal-Mart) -Doesn't get rid of Acne I'm 14 and have had mild (now moderate) acne for, I think 3 years now.. It hit me hard when I was looking and acne.org was my most visited website and looking at a picture from 6th grade with a huge pimple on my forehead:/ I've tried EVERYTHING. I mean, everything, I can't even name half of the stuff I've used... Pro-Active, St.Ives,Clean and Clear, Philosophy, so on and so on.. Reading the reviews I was thinking "I so need to try this!" and when I got it, it removed ALL my make-up (not eye make-up, don't try that... [eyes]) and it left my skin feeling so clean and nice:) At first my skin was red from it, then within 15 minutes it faded the pimples (not for good..) I loved it a lot, It for sure helps with acne, but doesn't get rid of it:/ I will keep getting it, but still looking for something to keep my skin clear..

Guest Vanessa
Guest Vanessa

Clears acne, feels refreshing. Nonneeeee :) So I'm 13 and so my acne isn't too bad it just bothers the heck outta me. The thing is people assume that the more expensive the item the better but that isn't really true. This cheap product cleans up what causes the acne but doesn't have horrible chemicals that dries out your face. I cleaned up my diet and used this about 3 times a day and I am very happy with the results :)))

Guest Olive
Guest Olive

This stuff is amazing! I bought it yesterday, used it once yesterday, twice today and a big pimple right on my face was gone! I am so relived to find a good acne product before school started! Its really cheap too and super effective. Strong smell, not a bad smell, but strong. If you need a cheap, fast-working astringent, I would really recommend it! It got rid of my acne really fast and didn't dry out my face.

Guest Satisfied Person with no acne
Guest Satisfied Person with no acne

-Clears up acne -Works great after working out and can see the dirt on the cotton pad after cleaning NONE I had moderate acne on my back,chest, and shoulders and have tried everything to get rid of it. I saw this at the store and thought why not?? I saw results after 2 days of using this! I use it it as soon as i get out of the shower. Bottom line it WORKS!

Comments

I love, love, love this product. I use the Seabreeze Actives and have had good luck with it. My skin is having an identity crisis. It thinks it's adolescent. I looked in the mirror..NOT! : ) I am 66 years old and started noticing breakouts along my hairline None. Be careful as it is an astringent and can dry your skin and later, when the wrinkles come there is a different challenge. Maybe the Actives is a little more gentle. I don't really know. Take good care of your skin. Keep it clean and use a clean washcloth everytime you wash your face. Being from Arizona my advice is it's also a good idea to wear sun block daily. I use the ones that are made for children as they seem to have a high SPF but are also gentle on my skin.

Comments

EVERYTHING! Actually clears up acne None I just bought this product tonight. Back in High School I remember using an astringent for just two days and it totally cleared up my face. Why I stopped using it or never thought to do it again is beyond me! But, I remembered all of that this evening and went and bought Sea Breeze Astringent. I've used it....probably 15 times over my face. lol (I don't know if that's good or bad for it, but that's what I did in HS) My skin, amazingly already looks 90% better. I can't believe it! I've tried EVERYTHING. Mary Kay, Proactive, Clean-n-clear, masks, foams, tanning, home remedies...I mean everything. My acne was not TOO crazy bad, all over, but I had tons of black heads, and would get those -under the skin- ones that hurt so badly, and break out on my chin and neck. Also, my skin just didn't look healthy, or have a very good tone. Just in a few hours it looks so much better and I am so happy! I would recommend this to absolutely anyone!!!!!!

Guest Nikki
Guest Nikki

Amazing clean feeling. Doesn't dry out skin. Clears up acne. None. I have tried EVERYTHING on my skin from Max Clarity to Clearasil and nothing works better than Sea Breeze original astringent. I'm 23 years old and have been using this for over a year now with clean and clear face wash (no benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid) and my face has stayed clear. I buy it from Rite Aid or Target!

Comments

Really keeps my skin clean, and I almost never get acne. Gets your skin clean right away. None BUY IT.

Guest LuAnn
Guest LuAnn

Refreshing and "feels" clean. I have used this product for over 30 years and simply HAVE to have it to feel like my face is clean after washing and before make up is applied. Being unable to find it. I can't get it in my area anymore and had been ordering it online - this morning all I can find to order it is to pay $45+ for 3 bottles. I heard it was not being made anymore and I'm desperate. HELP ME FIND IT! It's the BEST product EVER!!!!!

Guest Sherry
Guest Sherry

Going through hormone changes, I started breaking out with pimples (and I'm 44 thank you). This is the only thing I have found that clears them up and keeps them clear. Used it as a teen, using it as a grown up. Love it. Why did they change the formula? Actives does not work. None. Love the sensation and the clean feeling after using it. Nothing better on the market for the price. The original formula has been changed and is now Actives...doesn't work the same and I don't have near the results!

Popular All-over treatments