Rubbing Alcohol reviews

3.8/5 - 14 reviews

Rubbing Alcohol

Oh IA, where have you been all my life?
Reviewed on August 8, 2017

I've shied away from using straight alcohol on my face b/c so many people say it's too drying, BUT I just started using it on my face and the results are immediate and unbelievable!!! I have struggled with acne my entire life and this seems to be the only thing that works miracles. My skin feels smooth and soft afterwards and the toning effect it has makes me look like I've had a mini face-lift, I kid you not! If you have oily/acne-prone skin please give this a try. It may not work for everyone but I am so happy it's working for me! I hope it works for you too.

Works
Reviewed on March 18, 2017

Use a Cotten swab or cotton ball to apply stings a little at first but it's worth it . I have had so much acne and have been prescribed with acne treatments and everything but the rubbing Alcohol works the best

Alcohol CAUSING Acne
Reviewed on June 20, 2016

My daughter suffered from acne for quite some time before we realized it was the alcohol in her face products CAUSING the acne. We eliminated the alcohol and within less than a week her face was clear. We did have to find new face wash, lotion, spot treatment, makeup and laundry detergent. We also found that Betadine is a wonderful alternative to alcohol, and it doesn't dry the skin.

by smithsonia on 03/10/2017 23:26
Hello everyone, i want to use this great opportunity to say a very big thanks to Dr Herbert for curing my Skin Rashes, acne and thyroid cancer which has being on my face and skin for several years, i have used so many product which doctors prescribe for me such as radioactive iodine and essiac, but none could offer me the help i searched for. i saw some few comments on the internet about this specialist called Dr, Herbert and decided to contact him on his email i saw on the internet (drherbertsolutiontemple@[link removed] but when i first held about him i never believed, until i emailed him. He gave me his herbal medicine which i used for my skin and now i am well and my skin and face are clean and smooth, am free from ACNE pimples and my thyroid cancer was cured permanently, if you have the same problem just contact Dr Herbert, be rest assured that your problem is over. you can contact him on his email (drherbertsolutiontemple@[link removed]) add him on whatsapp +2349052116690.
Helps dry up my pimples fast!
Reviewed on January 9, 2016

I only get acne once in a while, since I'm going through puberty. And when I do, I just apply a little bit of this on the pimple and it dries it right up! I use it as a spot treatment. It makes it go away the day I apply or in the next 2 days at the latest. It's not a miracle product, but it definitely works. I have extremely mild acne, though, so I have not developed cysts and such that sever acne sufferers have, so I cannot say whether it works on those. I have hyperpigmentation issues though, so recently I've purchased Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Dark Spot Corrector, and it's really making them start to fade! My skin is getting brighter and more glowy. It also makes any new hyperpigmentation that's there once the pimple goes away because of the rubbing alcohol very light, so it fades much faster! I'm very satisfied with what I'm getting with both of these products together. I wish I had tried rubbing alcohol before as it would have saved me from very embarrassing pimple situations!

My miracle!
Reviewed on November 23, 2015

I am well aware of the concerns regarding alcohol and the skin - especially with regular use. However, I don't think one can truly appreciate the effects of isopropyl alcohol on the skin unless you've had long term moderate to severe acne. It is literally the one and only thing that has cured my acne and kept it away for over five years. I have tried everything from Clearasil to Proactive to Egg White Masks to $300 creams and antibiotics. Nothing worked except for IA. I have really oily skin so it doesn't dry it out to the point of being uncomfortable - however if you have already dry skin I wouldn't recommend it. I apply it to my skin with a cotton ball after I wash my face in the morning and before I go to bed at night. After having acne for over a decade, my skin is now 100% clear and smooth. As long as I use it regularly I never get breakouts. If you are at the end of your rope and have tried everything else I suggest you give this a shot - it might just work. What have you got to lose? It is one of the cheapest products available.

by Aambrose19 on 01/16/2016 19:05
Would you be willing to talk about what finally helped to clear your acne? I am struggling and am beyond frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reviewed on April 25, 2013

I DO NOT use this as an all over toner but as a spot treatment. I apply immediately and it puts a halt to active acne. Cysts sometimes stop growing but this has not always been the case. I also apply after popping any pimples to clear it of bacteria. Sometimes it's better just to let the cyst grow and pop and heal to be done with it but if you've got an important day ahead of you and can't deal with that red, scarred crater that comes with popping on your face then this is what I would recommend you use.

Aabidah, Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed on October 19, 2012

The bottom line is, for me, it was best to wash {Clearasil Face Wash}, tone {with alcohol} on a cotton ball, and moisturize.

After using it as a toner, my face doesn't feel dry either. It really has a toning effect.

I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't like it.

Reviewed on July 1, 2012

This is an ok method, but I prefer toothpaste. Toothpaste is faster than this. (I don't use this method everyday)

Julie, Los Angeles
Reviewed on April 15, 2012

I didn't use it everyday like all the other reviewers. I always used it everytime I popped a pimple after getting out of the shower. Once I popped the pimple, I swab a little alcohol on the infected area and place neosporin over. I let it sit for 30 mins to an hour and wash it out and applied benzoyl peroxide over it. After a few days, the pimple subsided and I never got another pimple on that area again.

loddidoddiedoo, SD
Reviewed on December 11, 2011

Worth a try. Been using a week and am impressed with the results. I don't see it preventing all cystic acne, but it leaves skin feeling very clean, soft, and no film to attract bacteria to stick to face...pretty excited about this...I've tried everything under the sun (including the sun) and this is so simple. Give it a try!