Rubbing Alcohol Reviews

Rubbing Alcohol

Amazing

I have struggled with acne and oily skin for as long as I can remember. i tried everything and nothing was making it better until finally I found out about rubbing alcohol. It cleared up about 90% of my acne in about a week. I only use it at night before I go to bed and moisturize immediately after. In the morning I use l’bri face wash and I only get a few breakouts here and there. Overall such a great find!

Comments

Oh IA, where have you been all my life?

I've shied away from using straight alcohol on my face b/c so many people say it's too drying, BUT I just started using it on my face and the results are immediate and unbelievable!!! I have struggled with acne my entire life and this seems to be the only thing that works miracles. My skin feels smooth and soft afterwards and the toning effect it has makes me look like I've had a mini face-lift, I kid you not! If you have oily/acne-prone skin please give this a try. It may not work for everyone but I am so happy it's working for me! I hope it works for you too.

Works

Use a Cotten swab or cotton ball to apply stings a little at first but it's worth it . I have had so much acne and have been prescribed with acne treatments and everything but the rubbing Alcohol works the best

Alcohol CAUSING Acne

My daughter suffered from acne for quite some time before we realized it was the alcohol in her face products CAUSING the acne. We eliminated the alcohol and within less than a week her face was clear. We did have to find new face wash, lotion, spot treatment, makeup and laundry detergent. We also found that Betadine is a wonderful alternative to alcohol, and it doesn't dry the skin.

Comments

Helps dry up my pimples fast!

I only get acne once in a while, since I'm going through puberty. And when I do, I just apply a little bit of this on the pimple and it dries it right up! I use it as a spot treatment. It makes it go away the day I apply or in the next 2 days at the latest. It's not a miracle product, but it definitely works. I have extremely mild acne, though, so I have not developed cysts and such that sever acne sufferers have, so I cannot say whether it works on those. I have hyperpigmentation issues though, so recently I've purchased Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Dark Spot Corrector, and it's really making them start to fade! My skin is getting brighter and more glowy. It also makes any new hyperpigmentation that's there once the pimple goes away because of the rubbing alcohol very light, so it fades much faster! I'm very satisfied with what I'm getting with both of these products together. I wish I had tried rubbing alcohol before as it would have saved me from very embarrassing pimple situations!

Hello everyone, i want to use this great opportunity to say a very big thanks to Dr Herbert for curing my Skin Rashes, acne and thyroid cancer which has being on my face and skin for several years, i have used so many product which doctors prescribe for me such as radioactive iodine and essiac, but none could offer me the help i searched for. i saw some few comments on the internet about this specialist called Dr, Herbert and decided to contact him on his email i saw on the internet (drherbertsolutiontemple@[link removed] but when i first held about him i never believed, until i emailed him. He gave me his herbal medicine which i used for my skin and now i am well and my skin and face are clean and smooth, am free from ACNE pimples and my thyroid cancer was cured permanently, if you have the same problem just contact Dr Herbert, be rest assured that your problem is over. you can contact him on his email (drherbertsolutiontemple@[link removed]) add him on whatsapp +2349052116690.

My miracle!

I am well aware of the concerns regarding alcohol and the skin - especially with regular use. However, I don't think one can truly appreciate the effects of isopropyl alcohol on the skin unless you've had long term moderate to severe acne. It is literally the one and only thing that has cured my acne and kept it away for over five years. I have tried everything from Clearasil to Proactive to Egg White Masks to $300 creams and antibiotics. Nothing worked except for IA. I have really oily skin so it doesn't dry it out to the point of being uncomfortable - however if you have already dry skin I wouldn't recommend it. I apply it to my skin with a cotton ball after I wash my face in the morning and before I go to bed at night. After having acne for over a decade, my skin is now 100% clear and smooth. As long as I use it regularly I never get breakouts. If you are at the end of your rope and have tried everything else I suggest you give this a shot - it might just work. What have you got to lose? It is one of the cheapest products available.

Would you be willing to talk about what finally helped to clear your acne? I am struggling and am beyond frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Can prevent cysts from growing faster Stings Does not prevent acne Skin flakes up around pimple I DO NOT use this as an all over toner but as a spot treatment. I apply immediately and it puts a halt to active acne. Cysts sometimes stop growing but this has not always been the case. I also apply after popping any pimples to clear it of bacteria. Sometimes it's better just to let the cyst grow and pop and heal to be done with it but if you've got an important day ahead of you and can't deal with that red, scarred crater that comes with popping on your face then this is what I would recommend you use.

Guest Aabidah
Guest Aabidah

This is a very good toner. I don't know what it does to achieve this but I believe it was a main contributor to clearing my very light adult acne. None. The bottom line is, for me, it was best to wash {Clearasil Face Wash}, tone {with alcohol} on a cotton ball, and moisturize. After using it as a toner, my face doesn't feel dry either. It really has a toning effect. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't like it.

Comments

dries out pimple Takes a while for it to dry out with this method you have to reapply it Smells bad This is an ok method, but I prefer toothpaste. Toothpaste is faster than this. (I don't use this method everyday)

Guest Julie
Guest Julie

-Dries the pimple -Disinfect the area None that I can think of I didn't use it everyday like all the other reviewers. I always used it everytime I popped a pimple after getting out of the shower. Once I popped the pimple, I swab a little alcohol on the infected area and place neosporin over. I let it sit for 30 mins to an hour and wash it out and applied benzoyl peroxide over it. After a few days, the pimple subsided and I never got another pimple on that area again.

Guest loddidoddiedoo
Guest loddidoddiedoo

Works fast Doesn't leave a film on face easy on the wallet! Exfoliates dead skin off/leftover make-up too dries out face a little Worth a try. Been using a week and am impressed with the results. I don't see it preventing all cystic acne, but it leaves skin feeling very clean, soft, and no film to attract bacteria to stick to face...pretty excited about this...I've tried everything under the sun (including the sun) and this is so simple. Give it a try!

Guest Sean
Guest Sean

Works amazing and fast...instanly kills bateria that causing acne A little drying This has completely cleared my skin, I have tried everything and this has done it. I use this as a toner twice a day morning and night, just use a small cottonball and rub a thin layer over face. It also prevents razor bumps from shaving. It sounds crazy but it seriously works. I'm 30 and have had acne problems most of my life, now people think I have a model face:)

Guest Lizzie
Guest Lizzie

None -Dries your skin -Does nothing for your blemishes Alcohol is too harsh of a substance to be applied to the fragile skin of your face. Yes, it dries up the skin, but then there is a rebound effect and more oil is produced. You may see improvement initially, but it won't last long. I thought it would work well, but I made my problem much worse.

Comments

- Makes you feel clean - Dries up scabs from popped pimples - Dries oil - Cleans off dirt - Good for "after work" quick cleansers. (after school, after a day at work) - Dryness - The smell - If you have open wounds, the sting Typically, I use rubbing alcohol every day if I have the time and if I remember. Most homes have this since it is a first-aid product so availability and price are not so bad. *Keeping in mind*: 1.) Percent of alcohol in the rubbing alcohol. The one I have is 91% or something. 2.) Inhaling or constant exposure to rubbing alcohol is not too good for you! If you like, walk around or fan off face while applying or keep away from the nose and mouth area. I usually use cotton balls to apply since a rubbing alcohol wash would be a little awkward. So consider the price of cotton balls and the type. I would suggest a nice puffy and thick cotton ball and apply enough to demi-wet the ball since you want to be able to hold onto the cotton ball without having a hand covered in it and also have a "scrub" effect, allowing more dirt to be picked up.

Guest Meg
Guest Meg

Dries up pimples and black heads Will make your face dry if you use it to much. Its a quick thing to help your face a little. I like to also you on back and chest. Make sure to use non oily mostirizer after!

Popular Household/Natural