Revlon Colorstay Reviews

Brand: Revlon

Revlon Colorstay

It may be the cause of cystic acne??

Half a year ago I decided to buy it since I've always had a problem with finding a foundation matching my skin color and this one matched me perfectly. I love how it looked on my skin, it's long lasting and my face doesn't get oily so quickly. I've struggled with cystic acne before, but I cured it and my skin was in a good state for most of the time, so when I started using this foundation and some pimples (cystic and normal), it wouldn't bother me that much, I'd always link it with my period, unhealthy eating or just my nature, but lately it's been getting worse and worse. After reading other's reviews on this foundation I'm scared it may be the cause. So decided to stop using it at least for some time to see if my skin will get better. I will update you guys in like 2 weeks or so, but for now I just want to tell you to be careful with it and take under consideration the fact that this foundation may cause cystic acne.

Horrible acne appeared

At first I loved the way the foundation looked and applied as it made my skin look flawless however, after just one evening wearing it my skin broke out very badly!! Tiny bumps and painful under the skin spots started to appear so if you are acne prone then I'd avoid. I have stopped using this now but it will take sometime for my skin to recover!

Comments

Causes Cystic Acne BEWARE!

I loved this foundation for ten years but never knew this was the main culprit behind my cystic acne until I stopped using it! I suffered for a DECADE thanks to this abhorrent product. I will never buy another Revlon product again! They test on animals and negatively impacted a large portion of my life. NEVER AGAIN!

Clogged my pores

It never really broke me out but it clogged my pores pretty bad. I think this foundation might work for some people. When I had prettier skin I wore this and it was flawless but ever since I get more sensitive acne prone skin it hasn't been the best for my face.

Comments

Cant rave enough about this

This foundation covers better than any high end I have ever tried. Seriously try it! I have alot of scars that need covered so this is perfect.

Comments

Normal/dry skin formula works!

Been using this foundation for over 4 years now! I would like to note however that I use the normal/dry skin formula as the oily formula breaks me out massively! Besides this slight flaw in marketing as they are basically completely different foundations, I used this foundation when my acne was at its worst and it was the only foundation that stay put the entire day and provides full coverage.

Best foundation

Best foundation been using this for months and I love it no breakouts the only downside on this foundation is that it gets a bit oily after some hours but other than that it's amazing.

Disappointing

This is cakey and within 12 hours of usage- this is the first day and first time using, well, all hell broke loose. I have newly birth fcking acne and its CYSTIC!. Wasted my 33 sgd 😢😢😢 i shouldve done research first before buying this product 😢😢😢. I have a terrible acne for over 2 years and i cannot let any foundation ruin my already ruined face. I will go back to my hg which is the mary kay timewise foundation which ive been using for almost three years and i promise i will never take my baby for granted anymore😂😂 beware of this if you have acne prone skin. Other than that, this mini monster is sucking out all the moisture on my face, after i wash my face the foundation is still there and its too drying for the skin. I curse this product for the rest of my life. Pls girls beware

Comments

Use it right and it'll stay on all day!

I've been using this foundation for over 4+yrs now. It's the only foundation I use. I first started off using it with no primer and it would stay more than half a day. Now recently over the past 2 yrs I've noticed that it evaporates within 4 to 5 hours which mean they've probably changed the formula. Also they use to have good yellow undertones for darker tones. Now everything is either too red or to pale/yellow. I still use it but I have to mix it with a lighter concealer Because it doesn't break me out at all even if I accidently fall asleep in it or too lazy to take it off. Which is a plus. It gives GREAT COVERAGE!. BUT, you have to use a primer and a setting spray if you want it to stay on all day!(7+hr). ESPECIALLY if you're using the ACNE,ORG products under it. I use the smash box Primer water and maybelline master fx setting spray!. It's good stuff.

Comments

Horrible ingredients, Painful breakouts!

For a long time I did not realize this foundation was ruining my skin. I wouldn't use it every day, but when I did I would break out painfully within 24 hours even after thourough cleansing and moisturizing. I did my research after found it was full of 4 products all terrible for your skin. It contains silicone (dimethicone, trimethicone and phenyl) and bad fatty acid (ethylhexl palmitate from Palm oil) which are proven to clog pores, irritate skin and cause breakouts. It also contains unlabeled Salicyclic acid which dries out your skin if you already cleanse you face with other acne fighting products. Not to mention the fast drying formula drys your skin out as well. Between the drying and pore clogging this is just about the worst thing you could put on your face if you're acne prone.

Beware If Sensitive

In high school I loved the oily/combo formula. I also didn't understand makeup and that could've been why I had breakouts in the first place. I decided to try this because I ran out both my favorite foundations. Too Faced Born This Way and Tarte Rainforest of the Sea. Both were out of stock at Sephora in my shades. I picked this up in the Dry/ Combo formula because my skin is dry. My acne had been under control before I put this on my face. I had no breakouts, my scars were clearing up. Most of this was due to lifestyle changes and finding makeup that might be more expensive but better ingredients. After one day of this I broke out on my neck, jawline, cheeks, and even my forehead (where I don't ever have a problem). However, this was all I had I kept wearing it. Even took it on vacation with me. The pimples were painful under the skin. My skin hadn't looked this bad in a while. When I got home I had my other foundation and just one day of not wearing this, my skin calmed down and started to heal. I don't know what in this foundation did this, but I'm never putting this near my skin again.

Please read my review above and you'll most likely see what did this to you. I did my research and found this formula is full of nasty things...

Horribly breaking out

This foundation is probably the worst I've ever tried. I bought the soft beige color with sph 15 for combination/oily skin and I've only been using for a few days. It's made me break out so much it's not even funny. I have never broken out this badly and it all started since using this foundation. I do not recommend this to anyone!

Loved this, but..

I used the normal/dry. This foundation made my skin look good, after being on accutane for 8 months I hadon't scars to cover. I've been using it since my may and I suddenly noticed comedonal acne start to begin which I've never had before using the foundation. I have a physical job and sweating while wearing this is not a good idea! Such a shame it's made me break out because it's the first foundation that I've loved nearly entirely and that's suited my skin post accutane. Sadly, I have spots again. Would reccommend if you have good skin. Not for acne prone.

Horrible.

I got the one for oily/Combo skin and wow, it was like every last drop of moisture was sucked right out of my face! If you have any dry patches on your skin, it makes them look 100x worse. My whole face looked dehydrated and ghostly. I don't know how this is marketed to people with combo skin. After a few hours it started to feel super heavy, cakey, dry and tight on my skin. It also caused little red bumps to appear on places where I don't normally break out.

good coverage

It has good coverage and I like how it doesnt rub off unlike every other foundation ive ever tried. I dont like how it sets too quickly,how it can be drying and how it doesnt have enough yellow tones in it.

Cakey

It is very cake especially under eye area. somehow make all my fine lines appear

Made My Skin Breakout

I used this product for a few weeks to cover up sun spots and even out my skin tone, however, my skin started to break out more and more with time. Eventually I had three large patches of breakouts on my face, which was alarming as I usually only get one blemish here or there. I'm about a week into going makeup-free and my skin has been clearing up. Be careful if you use this stuff; it may work for some people, but it definitely did more harm than good to my skin.

If I have clear skin...

Maybe it's good if I have clear skin but since my skin isn't I look terrible with this. Fine with coverage but the scars are still visible even with foundation or powder. Didn't work for me

I like it.

This is a medium coverage product. If you have acne, it will show, but will hide a lot of blemishes as well. It has very light ivory skin tones, which personally is hard to find, and has been one of the only foundations that I have found in my skin tone. Personally, I like it, but it's not the best. Trying to find one that will work even better for me now.

NOOO

I have oily skin and it is matte and controls oil but I didn't keep it on very long. This product is horrible for ppl who have pitted scarring or large pores. it sinks in to them and makes scars and pores look worse

Fantastic Coverage.

Having moderate adult comodonal acne and feeling very insecure, this foundation has perfect coverage without looking cakey. The colour is the closest match I have found for my pale yellow undertoned skin and it really does last all day. It would last all night too if I needed it to. The only downside I find is that on a hot day I sweat underneath it and I know that is certainly not helping my skin. It didn't cause closed comedones or breakouts at all though so that's a major plus.

worst mistake !!

i wish there was an option of giving "zero" stars. used this product just for 2 days on my acne prone skin and today is the third day. all the acne that i managed to clear down with my garnier product, just flared up now. hate this !!!! my face hurts. lesson learnt : always look into acne.org before buying new products esp for acne prone skin and never a blv utube makeup tutorial and their recommended products.

Love/Hate foundation

After my acne cleared up from doctor treatment, I had heard great things about this foundation so decided to give it a go. The finish and staying power is beautiful and works brilliantly for my oily skin. However a week after using this my skin started to react badly, I had 3 cysts on my forehead in the space of 3 days and it only got worse from there. However i was in denial of the issues this foundation was causing because of its amazing staying power and finish. My acne never cleared up after using this foundation and every so ofter I retest and see if it was indeed this foundation which caused issues. Each time my skin has worsened and I get mammoth size cysts on my forehead. I completely believe this foundation is what caused my acne and definitely would not recommend for acne prone skin, however if you don't suffer with awful skin like mine I would try it simply because of its high end quality.

Comments

Best foundation I have ever used

After vigorously looking for the best foundation to cover and maintain my acne, I am sure I have found it with revlon color stay. I decided to go for the oily/combination skin type of this foundation since I felt that it would be the best as I sometimes suffered having a really shiny and oily face with most foundations that were not labelled as a matte finish. When I put this foundation on and it dried, my skin looked flawless and had an almost powdered finish. It doesn't dry your face out and feels so comfortable and lightweight asif you aren't wearing it. The coverage was amazing and my skin transformed as soon as I put it on, I suffer from a few acne scars and breakouts around my cheeks that are sometimes hard to cover but I was getting a lot of compliments as soon as I switched to this foundation on how clear and great my skin looked. I wear this foundation now daily and you don't have to use a lot to make it worth while, it's very hard wearing and lasts longer than any foundation I have ever used, especially with a primer as a base. Before purchasing this foundation, I was using Maybelline Fit Me foundation and I have to say it was the worst foundation I had ever used in my life. The coverage was absolutely awful and all it did was make my skin look terribly shiny and oily even though it was supposed to be a 'dewy look', it also made me have really bad breakouts and just as I thought my acne was getting better it worsened with the fit me foundation. Now, after using the Revlon ColorStay my acne has calmed down again a lot and I haven't had a breakout since using it. This foundation is a life saver and is actually comparable with the dior foundation but for 3 times less the price so I would really recommend this to anyone.

NO NO NO

Totally agree with your review. After 1-2 days of using REVLON COLORSTAY my skin look very bad, red irritation turned in black spots, i fight with this 1 month and now im better but not as normal as it was before using this foundation. In my case i dontttt recommend this foundation, it was the worst thing that could happened to my skin!!! Ioana

Popular Foundation