Zineryt Cutaneous (Erythromycin 40% and Zinc Acetate 12%) Lotion

Zineryt Cutaneous (Erythromycin 40% and Zinc Acetate 12%) Lotion Reviews

Brand: Zineryt

Erythromycin (40 mg/ml) and Zinc Acetate (12 mg/ml).

Di-isopropyl, Sebacate and Ethanol.

Worked

Great product, i gave been using it for almost a month now. First week my already existed pimples were going down, but new ones were coming out, i guess it is the kind of product that gets it all out first. Second week everything started to settle down and my pores were visibly clean as well as my nose it was so smooth to the touch. Third week a friend of mine gifted me herbal life’s purifying mint clay mask so i was using both products and honestly my skin has never been better! Conclussion, it did work for me although it caused me to break out a bit first! But it is worth having a few more pimples for a week (after 4 years of trying different products and nothing working) if its all going away later on. Only issue was the smell, kinda like vinegar

I've been using it for a week now and like yourself I can see it drying up previous spots (thin layer of dried skin over a few of them in the mornings) but it hasn't actually gotten rid of any yet. Also I'm having another mini break out and can feel more appearing from beneath the skin. Hoping to see better results soon otherwise I'm starting on Yasmin the birth pill at the end of this month as that was also perscribed to me at the time, I'm hoping I don't need to result to that though. Fingers crossed for blemish free skin soon, but with the twenty spots on my face at the moment, a few of them brewing, it doesn't look too promising. Boo to acne, pesky things! But your review has given me a little more hope with the product, never suffered from acne before but had a strange major breakout in the beginning of march at the age of 22!
User639345

Works, but NOT in the long run

I have had moderate acne for about 5 years now. Used zineryt on and off for a couple of years and worked quite well. However, the acne will return. But at least it gave me these couple of months without any zits. Now, my acne is back and worse than ever and zineryt does not work anymore since my skin became sort of immune to it.

While it works.

Worked well alongside Anti biotics. Cleared my acne up Well, but it has returned. Smelly product, and can sting on application. Works while it works! My doc won't prescribe it back yet because he doesn't want resistance to grow.

Comments

This did not work for me but it might work for you

Acne history: I've had acne for about 4 years now, it can get from mild to quite severe, i have whiteheads blackheads spots and occasional cysts, sometimes up to 4/5 which can be extremely painful usually I get 2/3 spots a day. I've tried antibiotics Tetryasl which did work but it affected my body negatively (I believe it weakened my immune system and gave me chronic diarrhoea). I've tried benezoyl peroxide before also doesn't work that well, definitely doesnt improve it. Zineryt: I used this once a day, along with benezoyl peroxide once at night for 4/5 weeks before I realised it was making my skin worse so I stopped and my skin returned back to normal. While using this I developed a different type of acne and spots, i stopped getting normal spots but i got small hard lumps under my skin, quite big, that would form over 3/5 days. I tried leaving them and they would not go, so I popped it. When i popped them the pain eased and it started healing. However from the spot emerged only blood and a yellow liquidy substance (I presume oil) I had around 5 of these on my face at one time - one would heal another would emerge.at one point I got a HUGE HUGE HUGE HIUGE cyst with a black dot in the middle I left it but it started leaking itself with blood and oil - loads and loads. gruesome i know. I'm pretty sure it was this product that caused this as nothing else changed in my routine/diet/life. I stopped using a week ago and my skin dramatically improved. I've been using 'Dermalex Acne Treatment' to repair my skins barrier which this product destroyed, made my skin dry, flaky, did not imprive anything. ps. i did continue to wear makeup 2/3 times a week for anyone wandering, this may have reduced its effectiveness I've decided to resort back to my own methods as these prescriptions never seem to work :(

Good for a few months

This lotion worked for a few months and took down some of the smaller spots but then it stopped working after about three months. It did dry my face out a bit, I used it morning and night. I also found that it smells weird and stings your lips if it gets on them. My acne came back and I am now on Lymecycline and Differin cream.

Worked for a few years

I have used this on and off for a number of years and it worked really well. No dryness and quickly bought down red painful lumps! However i think my skin has got used to it so it no longer prevents any new breakouts.

Recommend

Seriously worked wonders for my skin. I went to the doctors as a sort of last resort and I'm so glad I did. Smells kind of funny and stings your eyes if you apply it near them but although it didn't clear up all of my spots it reduced them to small non inflamed bumps after just over a weeks use, now am about 2 and a half weeks in and have nothing but fading marks on my skin, I would always get spots in the exact same areas but using this on them has made it so that I have had no new spots. Only ever had issues with a bit of dry skin once but used some moisturiser and it fixed it instantly.

Great!!!

GP said it would take approx 3 months to work but it took a bit longer for me. I had mild acne, mainly on cheeks and forehead. Results weren't immediate but I definitely saw improvements after a month or 2. After 5 months, my skin is completely clear apart from the occasional blemish. I got told that you shouldn't really be using it for more than a year as it has an antibiotic in it so I'm trying to wean off of it. So far, I've gone down to one application per day and now once every other day and it's going well. I only wash my face with water and I use cocoa butter to fade any scars. I am really pleased with the results and I would definitely recommend it to others!

I've been using it for a week now, I can see it drying up previous spots (thin layer of dried skin over a few of them in the mornings) but it hasn't actually gotten rid of any yet. Also I'm having another mini break out and can feel more appearing from beneath the skin. Hoping to see better results soon otherwise I'm starting on Yasmin the birth pill at the end of this month as that was also perscribed to me at the time, I'm hoping I don't need to result to that though. Fingers crossed for blemish free skin soon, but with the twenty spots on my face at the moment, a few of them brewing, it doesn't look too promising. Boo to acne, pesky things! But your review has given me a little more hope with the product. May I ask how blemished was your skin beforehand? I feel as though mine might be a little too "far-gone" for such a treatment but maybe I just need to give it time like you did ever so patiently!

Best treatment I ever used

Hi guys, I Used this as the first treatment I ever tried (back in 2003) and it was awesome. I'd hated my skin for a long time, it was just covered in spots, chin, cheeks, forehead, everywhere. I'd sometimes count 20 bad ones at a time with numerous smaller ones to worry about and blocked pores/commedones everywhere else. I didn't even realise that doctors could prescribe anything at the time (I was 17 and thought it was something you just had to deal with). Anyway, I made the mistake of letting my mum come into the doctors with me (I was there for some other issue), Out of nowhere she asked if it was normal for me to shower twice a day (it was the only thing I could do to help my skin a bit). the doctor said that it was probably helping to dry out my skin and would probably help, but I should get a prescription in any case. So I was pretty annoyed at my mum, but within a week it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Overnight after the first application, everything started to go away. This stuff cleared my skin to baby soft, unbelievably clear within a few weeks. No new spots formed as soon as I started using it and my skin got rapidly better. I loved it. Any sign of a new spot, I nuked it with this. I still had the odd one or two from time to time but the rest of my face looked like it had been photoshopped it was so good, and the new ones were gone within a day. Think the best skin you have ever seen, it was that... Sadly, after about 18 months (which is a long time btw) it slowly started to lose its effectiveness, meaning I've been on mino and the regimen ever since (it's never fully returned to as bad as it was pre-zineryt, not even close, even now, I'm sure most people would think I'd never had an issue with bad skin). But I still wish it worked and miss it, because I had the best and most carefree 18 months of my life whilst using it. I never worried in the slightest about spots for the whole time. Trust me, I know how much that would mean to anyone reading this, so I don't say it lightly, but I never went to bed worrying what the morning would bring. Obviously everyone's different, and I hope this review doesn't disappoint those it doesn't work for, I can only talk about my experience. From my experience, which I categorically state, could well be different for everyone, it worked immediately because it was applied direct to the affected area. If it doesn't work with a week, I'd personally think about trying something else, because I'm sure how it worked for me is how it's supposed to work. Hope this helps. Praying it works for more people the same as it did for me, because it was awesome. Sincerest good luck!

Comments

Doesn't work for everyone, but for me its the best thing I've EVER used .. and I've used ALOT of stuff

I would never ever ever recommend doing what I did. This stuff you normally have to get from your doctor as a prescription. I brought it off one of them pharmacies online without having a prescription. Which was double the cost - £25. But god was it worth it. I had troubled skin for a long time, but this product after only using for 2 weeks has completely transformed my skin. I went from having around about 15 spots all over my face to now only having around 4, and a few spot marks. One thing I would say, is if Sudocrem works for you, I'd try this product as one of the main ingredients is zinc, and if zinc works for you in sudocrem, this product will work wonders! I cant recommend this product enough to sudocrem lovers especially! I use both now, and it has changed my skin completely. It comes in a tiny bottle, but it probably lasts a month depending on how bad your skin is. I use it day and night all over my face. If you can get it on prescription I highly recommend it since it will be a lot cheaper.

Comments

Good to use whilst waiting for an internal medication to kick in, but will not cure you

This product is an absolute nightmare to applicate! The bingo marker pen style applicator is horrible to use, none of the soloution comes out and you have to wait 2 hours for it to dry, therefore it is an absoloute nightmare to use twice a day. I spent months planning my schedule around my Zineryt applications. After going to see a private dermatologist she suggested taking the top off and applying the lotion with a cotton pad- so theres a tip! However, I have now stopped using Zineryt over the past two weeks. It made my skin insanely dry which looked just as bad as the spots. No make up could be worn and it was so so harsh and sore on my skin. I am now on Dianette for my hormonal acne so I am waiting for that to kick in without the use of Zineyrt. However, that being said, when i first started using it it cleared my skin up a lot. Definitely does clear the skin of spots for a few months until you become immune, however with nasty side effects that are just as bad (dry flaking red sore skin). Eventually, my hormonal breakouts would come through regardless of how strict and thorough i was with my zineryt applications. It is a topical soloution that cannot be used long term, you need to get to the root of the problem of your acne internally however its a good topical to use for a while whilst you're waiting for your tablets/contraceptive pill to kick in.

Comments

Not one of my favourites

Zineryt was my first prescribed treatment for my spots. The first day I got it I was sceptical. It felt disgusting on my skin however was effective. I noticed a difference just after one day of using it. However it is an antibiotic treatment and my skin became immune to it. Therefore zineryt became useless but once was worth it.

fingers crossed

I got this from the doctor yesterday, it has a mesh kind of applicator and comes out in a liquid. I used it lastnight and this morning and it has already dried my spots out and vanished one! Fingers crossed it will continue too work!

Avoid

Worked SLIGHTLY for a limited period of time Very drying Made skin more oily/greasy Zineryt is a topical solution, it comes in a small bottle with a mesh/sponge applicator similar to one which you might find on a glue pen. Inside the packaging there is powder and a small tub of solvent, which the pharmacist usually mixed up for me. The active ingredients are erythromycin and zinc acetate, I am not sure exactly what was in the solvent but the mixture smelt very strongly of alcohol, which is known to dry and irritate skin. Applying the solution was extremely stingy, and after it dried my face felt simultaneously very dry but oily/greasy on top, it wasn't a pleasant or healthy feeling at all. My skin was quite red and irritated when I used this. I used this for quite a long time because I saw a tiny improvement at the beginning, however this didn't last for long, I continued to use because this was my first acne prescription and I was told to use it for this long by my doctor. So I wasted time with this product when I could have been using something else more effective. After I stopped using my acne seemed to get worse.