Vitamin E

Vitamin E Reviews

200mg of vit e has reduced my acne by 90% in a week

Hey folks, I have tried everything for acne, and nothing seemed to work. I also constantly had greasy skin. Since starting Vit E, my skin stopped being greasy and my acne has reduced by about 90%. I can't believe how well this is working. I could see a difference immediately the day after starting. I have been on it for 2 and a half weeks now. I had cystic acne and normal acne. (I am female at 33 years old.)

Life changing!!!!!!!

I never normally write reviews but I have to share this with someone. I've ALWAYS struggled with my skin. Acne has caused so many issues with my self esteem over the years and, as a 21 year old, I had started to accept it would never get better... I've been on Lymecyline for 2 years and various contraceptive pills (some which even caused serious depression) and, although admittedly my skin is much clearer than it once was, I still get the occasional spot, but also the TEXTURE of my skin is horrible - like leather, huge pores and red scars from my acne that are deep in the skin. Makeup just makes it look worse and my skin just looks incredibly dull and dry but also oily :( I've tried everything and I mean EVERYTHING. Nothing worked... until recently I've been using the "Aztec face mask" (bentonite clay + apple cider vinegar) once a week which seriously gets the sh*t out my pores and stuff. It's seriously amazing guys. But doesn't sort out my dry horrible leather face. I recently tried vitamin e oil (70,000 iu) randomly and didn't expect anything to happen. Just thought I'd give it a go like I do with everything when it comes to my skin. I woke up the next day and my skin was 100% clearer and brighter!!! I've never seen my skin so bright and glowing! In one night I noticed less acne scarring. Less acne. Smoother pores... it was like a miracle!!!! I've used it every night since (about 10 days I've been doing it for now) and I honestly look like a different person. I finally can be in front of my bf without makeup!!!!! Anyone on this thread will understand how freeing it is to not wear makeup after years of hiding and I truly believe it is because of vitamin e oil. I understand everyone's skin is different and it might not work for everyone, especially if you're currently still prone to break outs then this oil might not be for you. However, as a girl who has always been prone to breakouts since the age of 13, I haven't experienced any yet from vitamin e oil. Please try it!!! :)

Hey (: Is this the exact product you used? Do you reckon food supplements are just as useful or the oil works better?
Bea - yep! Can't see the brand but it's defo 70,000 UI. I haven't tried taking food supplements, I know for me personally it works to apply stuff like this on my skin because it makes it sooooo smooth

Incredible

I've suffered with acne all my life, but in the past 12-18 months even more so, with cystic and comedone acne going berserk. It was so difficult to hide with make-up, huge, painful cystic spots, particularly along the jawline. I had read this was a hormonal type, and cut out all dairy, eggs, chicken in case the hormones they're fed were affecting it. I started taking Yazmin contraceptive pill, taking zinc, vitamin D, B vitamins, cutting out chocolate, sugar, fat, not to mention using topical treatments like benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid daily. I never noticed a difference. Then I started supplementing vitamin E. The results were fast; though my acne took a while to clear up, my skin was softer and spots didn't last as long. Then I added vitamin E oil topically - oh my goodness. My skin is bright and clear. I have 1 or 2 spots right now, down from a counted average of 12-15. It even brightens under eye bags and general skin redness. Even the scars look better. I couldn't recommend the combination of supplementation and topical use more highly. I know it won't work for everyone, but after everything I've tried, this is by far the best. I'm so chuffed.

Hey, did it at first feel like your skin is purging, as in more red spots but they healed quicker? Like its making all the "dirt" from below come out faster, thats what it feels like to me - or its actually making it worse for me not sure.

Fingers crossed for Dark Marks on face

I'm giving this a try to my face to fade my black marks because it looks terrible.😭 I'll update within 3weeks for the result. Hope will help me to my problem.

So how about it so far? Is it good?
Yeah its effective, I used it for about a couple pf weeks or three weeks I think and it did help, but I'm including aloe vera, apple cider toner and honey mask in my regimen. I am not putting vitamin E oil on my face because I feel it will broke me out. I used this only at night on my marks.

Used it for acne scars

Hey guys! I dont do reviews but I really wanted to share my experience with vitamin e oil. First off my skin is olive color (im latina) and throughout high school but mostly college Ive always had acne. But what sucks the most is that Im always left with red acne scarring :( Ive tried various OTC products and dermatologist prescriptions and it would help kind of. I finally learned that my problem was mostly due to the type of foundation I was using that caused my breakouts but I needed makeup to cover up my scars...right now Im on mineral powder and its been helping tremendously to stop breakouts. Now to stop the scarring I started to use vitamin e oil every night. I apply a thin layer all over my face and slightly more on those red acne scars. Its been over 6 months and wow I almost have no scars. I really suggest others to try. The thing is try to buy the vitamin e with 45,000 IU or more. At walmart they have a 12,000 IU but found not to help as much. The only website that sells good decent price vitamin e oil is the iherb website just google iherb. I used the jason natural brand and was really good. But now Im going to try the sundown natural with 70,000 IU. I have this discount code LUJ582 for first time buyers.

Comments

I've been taking 400 IU of vitamin E for about a month now. By no means is this a miracle acne solution. However, I have noticed and improvement in the texture of my skin as well as my dark spots fading a little quicker. I will continue taking this because I do like the results. I just have to keep finding more products to help clear my skin as well. I definitely recommend giving this a try :)

Did you use the pills or applied it on your face?

Good for lightening

I take 1-2 (you're really only supposed to take one) 1000 iu vitamin e pills each day. I've been doing so for a little over a month. My skin I clearer, and brighter, but honestly that could be due to any number of things in my acne regimen. I can't say for sure whether or not it is the vitamin e. However, sometimes I cut a pill open and apply the oil directly to a pimple thats forming/ a scar/ hyperpigmentation. When I apply it to a pimple or a cyst, it comes to a head by the next day. So it will erupt your acne quicker. When I apple it to my scars, they heal faster. And when I apply it to my dark spots, they lighten overnight. Especially effective if you leave a bandaid on. However, I did not notice that it lessened my number of pimples (nor did it make me breakout). Simply makes them come to a head quicker. So conclusion: orally taken, I can't really see the results. Topically applied--very good.

Comments

for the glo up that u need

So like my skin's always ugly and it's been ugly since i was 14!!! I get big red pimples on my cheeks and chin and even forehead and sometimes, when my skin's being really extra i get those huge gross ones with white gooey stuff inside..... TT Anyway, i really tried everything cheap stuff, prescriptions and even luxury brands!!! They worked for while but then after that my skin will turn back into it's gross natural state......... BUT!!!! I'm so glad I started using vitamin e! I've been using it for a month now and honestly.... Wow... You know those magazine ads with models that look like they have no make up, but their skin's like soooo dewy and glowy and clear... That's literally what's happening to my skin right now for realllllllllll (but like, i still have some acne scars!!!! THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE I NOTICED THAT EVEN THE SCARS THAT ARE DEEP IN MY SKIN ARE SLOWLY DISAPPEARING AND GETTING SMALLER!!!!!) So, i just use vit e capsules (i take one after breakfast, daily) and then i use a generic cream cleanser that has salycilic acid and i drink green tea regularly!!! (Exfoliate with a really gentle exfoliator... I use the one by laneige only once a week because if you have acne and u start exfoliating boiiiiiiiiiiiii your skin will really hate you and i learned that through the hard way lol!!!) Ever since i used this i get less breakouts and if i do get ones.... Their really, really small ones and disappear over night or like after a day!!! My skin is also softer and it's no longer flaky and dry so my foundation doesn't cake up!!! YAY!!!! And like, if you're using stuff like retinol or anything that dries your skin up i feel like vitamin e would work with hydrating your skin!!! It also helps with kind of stretching your skin?? My mom uses it and her skin looks younger. Bonus: It makes your hair grow faster!!!!!! Wow!!! Like i've been trying to grow my eyebrow hairs and really they started appearing in the first few weeks!!!!! Eyebrows on fleek and clear skin jesus is real

ayyy thank you LOL

Love it!

When people used to say their skin glowed I didn't really get what they meant but now I do! I've been taking a vitamin e capsule (400 IU) daily for about 3 weeks now and my skin is more elastic therefore meaning hardly any more pimples are appearing and most of my redness has cleared. I would definitely recommend this especially to people who have redness in their face.

How did you use? did you apply it on your face or?

An important antioxidant

I'm 32 and have had acne for more than half of my life and once again began searching for better answers around 4 months ago when I started a new job. Well 4 months on and I have had very positive results from some changes in my routine. I used to get regular cysts and be dealing with around 10-20 spots at any one time. Now I haven't had a cyst in 3 months and I'm down to more like 3 spots at a time which is easily manageable for me compared to my past. The changes I have made are doing 16 hour fasting every day, taking 100 IU vitamin e per day and eating more fibre and antioxidant rich foods. The theory behind fasting is that it reduces inflammation, reduces insulin and hence reduces oil production and the redness that comes with acne. Vitamin e and other antioxidants prevent the oxidation of sebum in the skin which is where the trouble starts. A high fibre diet increases good gut bacteria which is also thought to be beneficial to acne sufferers. This is the best skin I have had since I was 12 so for anyone else who has tried just about everything I suggest you give this a go.

Take vitamin E with these other vitamins and your skin should clear up ! :D

Hi everyone! I have been lurking on these boards for a while now trying to find my almighty cure and I have finally found it thanks to you guys! Im writing this on every vitamin page that I take so I can maybe help someone out that is stuggling with their skin like I was. Ever since I switched my birth control a few months ago , my skin has gone haywire. I wouldn't say its HORRIBLE, but moderate acne feels horrible to me. I do the oil cleansing method with coconut oil and take zinc which manages it but I still get bumps here and there and it sucks and took a toll on my self esteem. I read all over that other vitamins can help cure you from the inside. I had nothing else to loose so I thought I might as well try. I bought some NOW brand Vitamin A 25,000 IU tablets, some SPROUTS brand Vitamin E 400 IU and take it with my zinc 50 mg tablets.I take one each after I eat my breakfast. LET ME TELL YOU.... I HAVE NOT HAD ONE BUMP SINCE TAKING THESE!!!!! I am in complete shock! This along side with my habits of drinking lots of water has cleared my skin! So PLEASE, if you are feeling sad and fed up with your skin, just try it you have nothing to loose! :D EDIT: i bumped my vitamin a intake to 10,000! At 25,000 iu it made my skin quite dry! Best of luck to you all!

I'm taking zinc 50 mg twice a day and vitamin a 10000 iu and vitamin e 400iu now hopefully my skin will clear up how long though to see results?

GREAT

Vitamin E is one of the best treatments that I have used on my skin.I use pure vitamin E oil from capsules on my face, and i find that it works wonders . when left on overnight, it leaves my skin smooth and glowing in the morning, visibily plumped up, smoother out rough patches and seems to help with open pores and acne

Guest Anonymous
Guest Anonymous

I experimented lol

I have sensitive skin. No doubt about it. I'm a 19 year old college student and have been fighting acne since freshman year in high school. Junior year of h.s. was the absolute worst with acne so I was on Acutane and after off, was clear for about 4 months then acne again. I used insanely harsh chemicals to fight my acne, I was willing to throw battery acid at my face if I knew it would clear it up; but nothing was doing it. Going into college, I went chemical-free. Here is the process of my experiment: ---------------Applying it directly to face--------------- I read that you can break the capsule and apply it to your face, so I said why not. I have sensitive skin so I was skeptical. I only applied it to half of my face, first only about 15 minutes then washing it off. This didn't cause me to break out so I was happy. Next (still on only half of my face) I applied it to all of my pimples on that side of my face and slept with it on. Did this for about a week, and made that side of my face more smooth, but much worse acne. --------------Just taking the pill--------------------- So I had a big bottle of this so I just decided to start taking the pill twice a day after meals like it suggests on the bottle. I did this with a zinc pill at night. AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE SATISFIED WITH RESULTS!! 95% of my acne isn't there anymore and most scars now disappearing, I must say that I used 100% natural and not the chemical-made kind. (also, during this process I bought a pillow case for sensitive skin)

Which brand did you use to take for vitamin e supplements ?
how long were you taking the vitamin e pills and zinc before you saw results?

Miracle acne solution!

For the last two years I have started getting breakouts on my face and over time it kept getting worse. It got to the point where I would not want to leave my house or see anyone. I would have to wear makeup everywhere I went! I have tried probably every skin product out there, and nothing had worked! Eventually I started to think that it was never going to go away and I would just have to live with it. But then, I found a great skin care product. It's called EXPOSED. I bought the entire kit and it has worked really well, but not good enough. I still had bad acne, just not as severe as before. My cousin had told me about vitamin E and how his son had an acne problem and it completely cleared his skin. So just a week ago I started orally taking vitamin E and today I woke up and looked in the mirror and noticed how beautiful my skin looks. There's no bumps, no blackheads, no ACNE! It's hard to remember the last time I saw my skin like this. It's so beautiful I don't ever want to makeup again. I cried tears of happiness this morning because I finally found something that works. So now I have my exposed skin care routine, and the vitamin E. I HIGHLY recommend taking vitamin E. I'm going to tell all my friends about it!

How much are ya taking each day? :)
How much u r taking daily plz reply i also hv acne problem nd acne scars and to much disappionted plz help me i will thnkful waitin ur reply

MY journey to success!

I'm a teenager, so as you know due to several things like hormone insanity lol and stress from being WAY too dramatic, i have acne. A lovely bonus is that i have VERY oily skin. NOT! Let me tell you folks it's been a long trial and error process to find what works for ME. I used to solely rely on just face wash like Neutrogena and Clean & Clear but it just would not bring down my pizza face. So i researched and found that me and Benzoyl Peroxide would be besties and we are! I started using Pro-Active and it really did a good job for my skin, but not 100%. Also i picked my face really bad because i didn't like how puffed up and scabby my pimples were so they then turned into scars. I regret that aesthetic ignorance so much. So DON'T DO IT!, keep your hands off your face unless you're washing it! Alas i needed to fix it and boost my routine so i started taking in capsule form 400iu's of vitamin E (to help the scarring) in the morning with the same amount of vitamin C (to boost my immune system into clearing up my acne), iv'e been washing my face twice a day with the Pro-Active plus 3 step treatment and taking my vitamins for about 2 weeks and my face is becoming so clear and so soft i definitely recommend vitamin E, as long as you make sure you do other things too, you should see results. (p.s. if you have long hair, try keeping it away from your face as much as possible, it just creates more oil and we all know that's not good) (p.s.s. make sure you moisturize! i like Cetaphil and the Pro-Active moisturizing cream)

Omg!!! Your profile pic is gorgeous!! You should be proud of your skin!!!

militarygal

I used to have moderate acne - I stopped letting my hair touch my face!! I followed this regimen: for the most part) I wash gently now with the Citrus Clear Face Wash and then use a Benzoyl Peroxide spot treatment. I do also use the Citrus Clear moisturizer, but it does not have SPF protection - which is OK, because my skin is too sensitive for SPF. I use Baking soda to get my makeup off at night. This is what worked for me. I have begun to clear up and stay clear.

Comments

Not for everyone, but it worked for me

I use a product called "Beauty Oil" by Beauty Drops that was a combination of vitamin E, grapeseed oil, and safflower oil. I apply it in place of a commercial moisturizer after showering every morning while my face and hands are clean. Before I started using this, I would get new pimples every week, some of them lingered as bumps in my skin for months and never surfaced. The pimples that did surface would take ages to heal. After using this oil, my skin cleared up within a couple of days. What few new pimples appeared were small and cleared up within a day or two. My complexion has also evened out as old acne scars have faded. I used foundation on my face one day and that night, I got two new pimples. I don't know if it was by chance or caused by the foundation. I would at least say beware of using other facial products while you're using vitamin E oil on your face.

Thank you! this gives me hope for my painful extremely embarrassing acne problem due to hormones :) thanku for sharing
About the foundation thing, my skin used to do the same thing until I started washing my makeup brushes once a week! You just use a drop of dawn dish soap and wash them as you would your hair and let them air dry over night! Hope this helps! Also If your using liquid foundation, I would move to a powder or a light cream so it doesn't clog your pores as much!

Used it to prevent scarring, then it got worse :(

I tried using it on my one red scar, to accelerate the healing process. I religiously put it on my scar every night. To my surprise, it turned into a pimple again. After that pimple healed, I got a rolling scar. :( It isn't that deep but it's very noticeable. I REALLY regret using it on my scar in the first place, because at least it was just red but flat. Additional info: I have sensitive acne prone skin.

You should try Advil liquigels!! Just like a hole in the end of the capsule and apply to the blemishes and leave it over night! It worked for me and I hope it works for you! It got rid of bumps, blemishes, AND scars! So I rev amend you should try it! You should see noticeable differences in 3-4 days!!

Strengthens under eye skin

firms skin reduces wrinkles must be kept up daily I used vitamin E from a bottle in liquid form and placed it directly on the skin around my eyes. It firmed and even removed a few wrinkles! I'm only giving it a 4 star rating due to the fact that a week after I stopped applying it (ran out & haven't bought a replacement bottle) the skin seemed to not retain it's firmness, although it's not nearly as bad as it was when I started. So there's some maintenance to it, not a perm fixer but then again, not all beauty products are! I do believe that it's helped minimize the appearance of future wrinkles because I'm still complaining over the original few so there's something else! Over all a great product. Also, less is more with the bottle variety.