Vanoxide-HC Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) and Hydrocortisone (.5%) Reviews

Brand: Vanoxide-HC

Vanoxide-HC Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) and Hydrocortisone (.5%)

Dries out pimples Helps eliminate redness A little goes a long way Expires in 3 months. I'm not sure why more people aren't given this medication. I use it along with Retin A Micro as a spot treatment. I put it on my chin and around my nose and the moment a little bump begins to appear, this medication dries it out and it's gone before it fully forms. If I happen to get a red inflamed pimple, Vanoxide HC is effective in reducing the bump's redness. Very happy with this product and I am CLEAR.

Guest meghan
Guest meghan

It made most of the redness go away quickly. I've been using Deferine for 4 months and only saw a little change. My derm gave me Vanoxide and I noticed a difference in less than a week. You have to be careful to use just a little to start until you see how your skin reacts. Too much will make your face red. So far it's been the best I've tried. I got samples of Aczone from from derm but didn't see much difference plus it's way too expensive.

Guest Kevin
Guest Kevin

It reduced my redness and inflamation associated with my acne. It did not dry out my skin or irritate my skin b/c it's in a water-based lotion. It can bleach clothing and pillow cases but so do all Benzoyl peroxide products. My derm prescribred Vanoxide-HC for me b/c he said I had a lot of inflamation assocaited with my acne. The .5% hydro really helped to reduce the redness and the 5% BP treated the bacterial aspect of my acne. I was very happy with Vanoxide-HC and I highly reccommend it. My derm told me that it has been around for a long time and it's a very good acne treatment.

Guest zen.garden
Guest zen.garden

My skin was smooth immediately after use. The smell wasn't horrible. Made the whole bottom half of my face peel. Had only a small effect on existing acne and no prevention of new breakouts. Tiny jar, only enough for a few weeks unless you use a miniscule amount. My derm prescribed Vanoxide HC because it contains benzoyl peroxide, which he wanted me to use to prevent resistance to antibiotics. I have never had good luck with BP, but I thought I would try it since it was something new. The pharmacy was supposed to mix the powder into the teeny tiny jar, but after a week of use I realized they hadn't. Plus the instructions are very unclear, so I was confused about what to do with the cleanser and why the powder vial was in there if it was supposed to be empty. I used this faithfully, stretching it out to about 2 months (for $56 without insurance, I had to!). My face turned red like I had a constant sunburn, my chin and jawline started flaking, and my forehead and nose looked greasy. After about a month I thought my existing spots looked better, but I am still getting breakouts even though I'm using spiro and doxy with the Vanoxide. In my opinion, simply not worth it!

Popular Topical