Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner Reviews

Brand: Thayers

Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner

I use this all the time

I've used this toner every morning and evening after washing my face for years - doesn't seem to irritate or break me out, and it makes the skin feel clean and moisturized. Sometimes I skip using actual moisturizer after. Definitely calms the skin.

Comments

left my skin feeling great

I prefer the lemon over the rose, but regardless this product is lovely if you're not in a conventional regimen. I was using it instead of a topical treatment for a long time and it was quite effective. My brother uses it in a spray bottle to refresh on the job, he also struggles with moderate/severe acne.

smells good.

this smelled great and was moisturizing. I dunno if it was an actual breakout or irritation or an allergy, but I broke out in tiny skin color pimples all around my jaw within days of starting to use this. wish it would have worked, I wanted my face to smell nice and rosy.

Comments

Best alcohol free toner for my combination skin.

I have combination skin and like most product junkies, I have been through a bunch of different toners and other products to combat my oily t-zones. This is my first alcohol free toner and I love it. I've been using it for 6 months now as part of my daily skincare routine. It removes traces of dirt missed by my face wash and leaves my skin feeling so soft and squeaky clean. It has a soft sweet smell which I love and it isn't as drying as other toners I have used. I hardly break out since I started using this. I've also been gluten free since Feb 2016 and it has made a HUGE difference to my skin. It's important to understand that all these products we go through won't "cure" acne on their own. 1-2ltrs of CLEAN water every day and lots of green veg is just as important and most effective in combination with these amazing products.

Comments

Me and my skin LOVE this stuff!

I only review stuff I love, and this lucky little number is on my list! I must admit, I hated this stuff at first! First 1-10 times of using it, I noticed it did nothing on my white heads, and nothing on my clogged pores. It made my skin feel dry and sort of irritated. All the "rejects" that don't make my A- list (bathroom medicine cabinet) are put in "waste of money basket" that I keep under the bathroom sink. Around a month or so ago, I was clearing that basket out (I usually give these products away to my friends that are glad to have a "like-new" product for free) and came across this toner again. I remembered one thing I did love about it: the smell. Heavenly. I also loved that the witch hazel used to make this is organic, the main reason why I decided to make this purchase. So, I gave it another shot. Why not, right? This time around, I've changed almost my whole regimen (aside from moisturizer, I will never abandon my organic virgin argan oil) and this stuff works for me now! It actually DOES moisturize my skin now! My skin feels soft and plump, and I've noticed a decrease in pore size after using this (although that also might be attributed to the Aztec secret healing clay + ACV that I use everyday- Love that stuff!). Overall, I'd say give this a shot. I know I don't regret giving this toner a second chance.

Great stuff!

Less pain in problem areas Smooth skin Moisturizers & clears skin Sticky Smell isn't 'wow' in a good way This product is very helpful if you're a person with occasional acne or dry irritated skin. It's a little sticky, but the best way to use this product is after you wash your face at night put this on with a cotton ball in your problem areas and sleep with it on. Your face will feel amazing the next morning!!! Also this stuff really helps with pain, so if you have a bump that's bothering you, just soak it in this!!!

Guest Jessi
Guest Jessi

Smells great Cleans Moisturizes softens skin calms redness Little sticky This is actually a review for the Lavender witch hazel Thayers toner, not the rose petal. I have both Lavender and Cucumber, and both are very nice smelling, and cooling. They do seem to calm redness, and haven't aggravated my acne at all. I do think that this has helped clear up some of my acne, and definitely moisturizes. It is also fine to wear under makeup, but used only sparingly. If you soak a cottonball with this, and apply it, it will leave a sticky residue, and will be shiny. You just need enough to lightly cover your face, and that is it.

Comments

Alcohol-free Witch Hazel Vitamin E Aloe Vera Skin felt clean, fresh and moisturizer Controlled acne temporarily Side effect - Rash My breakouts were controlled until after three weeks of daily use, 3x a day. This is when my acne got worse on my forehead, and a rash developed. I discontinued use and the rash healed. I will start using it again but with less dosage. I would recommend this product only if you are seeking an alcohol toner alternative.

Witch Hazel Irritated My Skin

Alcohol free Developed a rash Might work wonderfully for less sensitive skin types, so I recommend it. Personally, I may do away with toners in general. They cause me too much irritation for my skin type. :(

Popular Household/Natural