Stridex Maximum Pads with Salicylic Acid, Alcohol Free

Stridex Maximum Pads with Salicylic Acid, Alcohol Free Reviews

Brand: Stridex

Salicylic acid (2%).

Ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium xylenesulfonate, citric acid, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, menthol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, purified water, simethicone, sodium borate, tetrasodium EDTA.

Amazing for those with oily skin!

I have started using this product a week ago and have been noticing that now I do not wake up with a face full of oil, wanting to wash my face immediately. I also noticed that in the day, my face feels less greasy than usual. This pads also helped remove my pimple really quick. I had a small pimple at the side of my nose which formed a head and disappeared within 2-3 days! As for skin pigmentation, I wouldn't be too quick to judge as these takes much longer than a week to see changes. My regimen now is use a gentle face wash followed by the salicylic acid pad, benzoyl peroxide on affected areas and then moisturise my entire face. Yes, this can be a little drying but I feel the drying effect is not as bad as the benzoyl peroxide. I only use the pads once, at most twice a day.

Great so far

I have oily, acne prone skin and clogged pores. I knew that the root of my issues were the clogged pores that would eventually lead to larger bumps. As a result, I was looking for a salicylic acid product that would exfoliate, remove the clogged pores making my skin a little bumpy and potentially lighten dark marks. It is day 3 (so still pretty early) but it has already started working for me which is why I wanted to write the review. Many of the bumps have started to go away and my pores appear smaller. I also swipe the pad on my chest and back after swiping on my face and my skin in those areas is so soft. I don't want to speak too soon and say it's curing my acne. I will also update this review if I experience substantial irritation (which apparently happens for some people after the first week). I only use the product at night after washing my face with cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. I wait a few minutes then I moisturize with Simple replenishing rich moisturizer.

Awesome!!!

I recently just started using these, and they really do work!!! I have ALOT of pimples and acne on my nose, forehead, and chin. Take this from a 12 yr old. I use them once a day, and it doesn't dry up my skin or anything! This is GREAT!!!!!!!! My nose is a lot clearer now, and I've never been happier in my life about acne!!! I haven't used any other products, and it just does it on its own!!! But all of you have different skin types, so it may not work. Just try it! You won't be disapointed!♡♡♡

Pretty good.

I've been using these twice daily for around 7 years now. They're really good for evening skin texture, brightening and getting rid of dry skin buildup and some clogged pores, but they don't seem to prevent my hormonal breakouts anymore. My skin looks better when I use them, so I use them for maintenance and bring out the big guns when needed.

Comments

A good chemical exfoliant.

I have combination skin. I do not use these to treat acne, but rather to exfoliate. My t-zone tends to get very oily, especially my nose. That being said, my skin can start to look extremely congested and dirty with all the oil building up - clogged pores, blackheads, bumps, etc. I made an appointment with the aesthetician at my derm's office and she recommended these. After cleansing, I just quickly sweep this over my nose, forehead and chin. So far they work great! I don't use them everyday because they can be drying. You have to find what works for you. I have sensitive skin and these don't irritate it at all or make it red.

For Teens

Hi guys . So I have been dealing with acne since 7th grade .. It started out super light so instead of going to a dermatologist I went for the OTC medicine and this was my first acne product. I recommend this product for 13 and under who experience light breakouts. If you are 14 and up I recommend something a lot stronger !

Comments

Great solo spot treatment/mild acne

These pads are def good at disinfecting and taking care of some clogged pores and mild acne. I would caution anyone who decides to get them to not overuse ..they can be VERY drying, especially if used every day. I personally wouldn't use them all over my face very often, since I get dry skin pretty easily if I over-treat. They are medicated enough for me to wipe on as a gentler/easy-to-travel-with spot treatment, or when my face is totally gross and I'm too lazy to wash it.

One of the best OTC acne treatments I've tried

These are fantastic if consistently used every day. Even after skipping one day I notice that my face starts to break out again, but within a day of starting up again I can see the difference pretty drastically. Not irritating at all except for a bit of peeling around my nose which is manageable. Would recommend it

Didnt work for me

I bought the stridex pads in high hopes that it would help with my acne. Not only did it make it worse, it burned my skin. My face was so red and irritated so I decided to go see a dermatologist. I would not buy these again or recommend them to anyone.

awesome!

Been using this for more than a week now. I have stopped using BP on all of my face except my chin area. No where else on my face has had a breakout and only the area I apply BP may have a few white heads. I started testing this using it only at night in place of the AHA+. My routine now is Cleanse, Stridex Wipe, BP spot on active acne only, and Moisturize. I have a feeling I can just not use the BP, but I keep it only for the acne that may pop up once in a while. This product is cheap too for 90 pads. I have now started using stridex pads in the same regime i just mentioned, but now morning and night.

Comments

decent choice for drugstore salicylic acid

I use this over other salicylic products for these reasons: does not contain alcohol, it is at the correct pH to be effective, it is not a rinse-off product, it is inexpensive and easy to find. I don't find it to be overly drying, but some people may find it irritating. I find that it keeps my skin smoother and clearer than when I don't use it.

Comments

way better than expected! !

drys out face but not bad cleared face up quick for the price love the price none none none Ok I am in my middle 30's n have chin acne. Have for months. So decided lets just try this .nothing has help from soaps, to scrubs and even vitamins. Let me say they first two weeks I did breakout. But after the third week...its unbelievable. I have none. Wished I tryed this months ago. Just b patience. Like I said u will breakout before it gets better. Love this. Would recommend this to everyone to try...

Works with consistency

easy and quick to use works well enough drying tastes bad ha I normally use these every morning and night, sometimes more, and I feel like they do work for me. However, it requires consistency because if I skip one day I will break out again, and it doesn't ever clear all of my pimples. I also use a benzoyl peroxide acne treatment with this product, and when I use both everyday my skin is almost 100% clear. :) Moisturization is required as well.

Good but not for me

It did not help my acne on my face much. It just made it dry and itchy however I would recommend other people to at least try it. It is a pretty good price for the amount you get. I use this for my chest and back and it helps a lot so I'm guessing it does not suit my skin type on my face.

Comments

Good

helps with blackheads weird smell Hurt really bad when my acne was more severe, but it's all good now. It feels tingly when I put it on. I think it helps, but I started using vinegar and lemon around the same time so it could be that instead.

Wonderful!

Easy Take Anywhere Cheap Drying I've been using this product for a few years now, around 2010. I stopped in the summer of last year, because I thought my acne was getting worse. Then when I came to college, I needed something that would clean my face quickly, so I went back to the stridex pads. These are so quick and easy, they don't really burn, and you can take them anywhere with you. They're great for going to the gym, and work fairly well on the back or chest. I started using the stridex pads with the regime, and it's worked wonders! I have been on the regime for maybe one, two months, and I only get tiny pimples on my forehead or by jawline. I use the stridex pads with the neutrogena benzoyl peroxide, and olay all day UV face cream for moisturizer. You can get both of these at any drug store. Whenever I go home, my family and friends compliment me on how my skin has gotten so much better.

Good for oily skin.

Cleared most acne Fresh feeling Easy to use Can burn The smell I used these when I had very oily skin. It kept my oil at bay, and made my skin feel fresh. However, now that my skin is sensitive and dry, I cannot use these. I however LOVE the Stridex brand Pads. The sensitive ones are amazing. Better than these I even think. This version did although help clear my acne on my forehead.

Comments

Easy to use 1 step doesn't work well on it's own dries the skin a bit Combined with popping the pimples (and extracting all the pus) with a metal tool this brought my mild-moderate acne down to a minimum within 2 weeks. It is almost completely gone and i am very happy with the results. On it's own it doesn't work well, with a scrub it works ok but it's slow. Can't give 5 stars as it doesn't work well on it's own.

-508

Easy and quick to use - literally takes 10 seconds to apply No bleaching like BP products Plenty of product on each pad Able to be very gentle applying because it has water consistency Helps exfoliate/remove dead skin cells Clears mild acne very well Probably clears moderate acne decently Smells weird - i think they were trying to make it smell "clean" but it just smells like chemicals (which it is so whatever i guess) Stings if applied to an open/popped pimple Seems to make popped pimples take longer to fully heal because it is constantly stripping away the dead skin that covers it up to let it heal underneath. I would recommend not applying it to a popped pimple until it has fully healed. Leaves my skin very tight, but not flaky like BP does so not so this isnt too b i would recommend this to anyone who simply doesnt like using BP because of all of its downsides (dry/flaky skin, bleaching fabrics, length of time it takes to apply, etc.). This is a good product that is very quick and easy to use after cleansing and before moisturizing. i have mild acne and it works great for keeping my face pretty clear. Only real downside is that i dont think it would really work if you have severe acne (cysts and lots of pustules/papules). I randomly got one cyst right before i started using this product and it just doesnt seem to do anything for it at all. i eventually had to resort to popping the cyst and now it just is taking forever to fully heal (like cysts generally do if popped). I would definitely recommend this for anyone with mild-moderate acne. much better than using BP in my opinion. overall a good product but you need to use a gentle cleanser to clean your face before applying, and moisturizer is a must afterwards because of dryness.

Guest Angel
Guest Angel

-Gets the job done -Affordable -Doesn't smell -Alcohol free! -Nothing so far! I've been breaking out pretty badly whenever I shaved, sometimes it got better, other times it got so inflammed I just wasnt able to look at myself. I got rid of all of my acne but then my beard spot was the only place that made me self conscious. I kept using oxy pads, noxema, any acne pads and they didn't work. Later I realized that alcohol isnt good for acne prone areas because of irritation, despite it getting rid of bacteria and such, so I tried these alcohol free pads. All you really need is salicylic acid. It works wonders. I definitely recommend it.