St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub Reviews

Brand: St. Ives

St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub

I really like it

I have dry, acne-prone skin and this stuff just saved it. I use it everyday (yeah, your read correctly, EVERYDAY) in the mornings. I just splash a little bit of cold water on my face, put a little amount on my hands (a little, it goes a long way) and then put it all over my face and just use it as a face wash, then I just wash it off and pat my skin dry with a little towel. My skin is bright and clean when I use it, and then I just use my favorite face mosturizer. This is really good for my skin, it didn't give me more blemishes, it is not so drying on my skin, it's just excellent. I love it. If you use it, just put mosturizer and you'll be covered!

Amazing Exfoliant!

People w/ sensitive skin, sorry, but this isn't for you. I have oily & acne prone skin. This product is vital to my nighttime facial routine i use to treat my acne. I use it every other day (I switch in between 2 exfoliants i use). I am drawn to harsh products, because i feel like they're the only thing that work for me. Everything else is "gentle & soothing," like...no... Products like that are a joke when it comes to my acne. My skin & acne are very stubborn, "gentle" just doesn't work.

Comments

Its Good for Me, but Harsh for Most!

So I have been using this product in a VERY harsh way for about 4 years, yet it has never bothered me. Every night and morning I would wet my face with warm water, spread the scrub all over my face, and then continue lightly scrubbing with a facewash. I would then proceed to rinse off the washcloth, since off the remaining cleanser with lukewarm water, and then give a final rinse with icy cold water. I know that most people would look at me as if I was crazy when I say that, but I had never had any irritation from it. Now it worked beautifully at the beginning and throughout the time I used it my skin was pretty clear, but I would still suffer from mild acne. I recently decided to try switching to a different product because I was afraid that my acne was no longer being affected. The texture is thick like toothpaste, and filled with small sand-like beads that tend to collect in the sink/shower and occasionally clog the drain. I did not find it drying nor did it make my skin oily, and it did help with my breakouts, but it is probably too harsh for most people. Probably best to only use 2-3 times a week for an exfoliant.

Comments

A bit harsh for my face.

I found the Apricot Scrub to be very harsh and grating on my face. My esthetician said she does not like this product for the face and I agree - she said however, it is a great scrub for the body. While I have yet to use this on my body, I would recommend checking out the Green Tea Scrub as a gentler alternative for a facial exfoliator.

Great Physical Exfoliant

This scrub didn't do much for me in terms of controlling my acne so I now use this more for its exfoliating properties. I am able to control my acne under the Acne.org regimen. However, using BP twice a day everyday can be a lot. I feel like after a few days there is some build up on the BP that I can't get off unless I use this scrub. The beads in the wash are large enough to really get the BP build up off my face. Of course since the regimen calls for being gentle with your skin, I always make it a point to move my hands on very gently so as not to forcefully drag the beads around. This scrub is something I would only use twice a week. Despite the product saying you can use it everyday I think it would be too much. Just wash your face for about thirty seconds and this won't dry up your skin. It will just feel fresh and clean and not totally stripped.

Aggravated my healing pimples

i had two small healing pimples on my left side of my cheek. After one use that next day I woke up to a cluster of red super inflamed bumps that were sore to the touch on my left cheek. It's almost like a rash, product didn't work for me

Sea Gypsy

Bad for sensitive skin :(

Been using this product for at least 5 months about 1-2 times a week before i gave up. I thought this is good until i stopped using it. Makes my acne worse and pimple marks are still there. Doesn't reduced whiteheads nor blackheads. Everytime i use this i get new pimples which is painful. It made my skin dry and reddish. This done nothing good on my skin. 💔

Life saver!!!

Life saver!!!! I love this product so MUCH!! I'm 27 years old and have never had acne or bad break outs until recently! I was so depressed because, I tried everything and nothing worked. My sister suggested St. Ives and it did wonders for my skin. I used it once in the morning and right before I went to bed for two weeks. Slowly but surely my face started clearing up and felt better than it did before. I was just like you searching for s good product for my face and was very skeptical, but trust me this works you just have to be patient. If you start to notice your face getting dry during the day use this product ever other! I hope it works out for you like it did for me! Thank you St Ives!!! Works well for light ance

Review

I was very disappointed with this product. I used it for about a month and only about 2-3 times a week, it broke me out very badly, even when i would be very gentle with it. It smells great but it certainly didnt agree with my skin. The price wasnt too expensive, so i am not overly disappointed in wasting the money. I will try this again when my face has fully cleared up.

so far, so good!

I've been using this product for about a month now and I have to say since I started using this I've noticed a huge difference in the amount of pimples I get. A lot of people tend to avoid scrubs because they're too harsh, but also many people use them too often, I recommend using it 2/3 times a week. DONT OVER DO IT! Also, St.ives is commonly known to use many natural ingredients (like many other brands such as the body shop) it has natural exfoliants which feel great and make my skin so smooth! I have also noticed a slight change in my red marks left behind by other pimples, this is due to removing dead skin cells off of the surface of the skin and speeding up the renewal process. It also contains 2% salicylic acid which is known to help reduce acne and redness. Overall, as of now, I'm really enjoying this product :)

Ehhhhhh

I recently bought this through a friend's recommendation. She had mild acne before but now she has very clear skin. So I decided to test it out and the first time I used it, my skin felt really soft afterwards (like any scrub should do) but after a few usages, I didn't see it helping my acne, it even caused little bumps to appear on my face! I stopped using it on my face but I read from one of the reviews below that it works great for body acne. I tried it out on my chest and back acne and it helped a lot! However, I'm disappointed that it didn't do anything for my face =/

stopped using

I used this product for a month or so and found that it caused many little bumps on my face and didn't really get rid of my acne in general. After talking to a dermatologist, i found out that this product actually has been tested and its proven that it causes bad abrasion on the skin. It might work for some people, but for me, I wasn't impressed.

Comments

Works great for my body acne

cheap helps body acne has a decent smell doesn't work too well for face acne I have used this product for many years, probably 5 or 6. I originally bought it for my face, but found it ineffective in helping me with facial acne. I have struggled with body acne, ranging from occasional cysts to small, but persistent pimples. I started using this scrub on my back and chest, followed up by Proactiv repairing lotion. I have to say, this has helped my body acne TREMENDOUSLY. I tried Proactiv on my face and it didn't do much for it, but somehow, for my back it works great in combination with the St. Ives Blemish scrub. I must say, it's best to use it while taking a very warm or somewhat hot shower, because the hot water opens up the pores and lets the scrub and the lotion penetrate. At least for me, when my shower is cold, it doesn't seem to be working as well. I have to say that this isn't a complete cure, but my back acne has improved by about 85%. I still get the occasional pimple and I have some scarring left. I once stopped using these products for a week and I started getting little back pimples again, so I went back to my routine and it cleared up again. I also wouldn't recommend overscrubbing, because that can irritate the skin. Some may wonder if using the scrub every day would irritate the skin, and I say no, because the skin on the back and chest is much tougher than it is on the face. So, I highly recommend this product in conjunction with Proactiv repairing lotion for body acne. I am not sure if it would work as well without the lotion, but it's worth a try. I am giving it 4 stars instead of 5 because it didn't help my face acne. But, otherwise, works great for my back, shoulder and chest blemishes.

I love this product!

Makes skin soft after use Exfoliates skin better than the other products none I have oily/acne prone skin, and I use this product 3 times a week, and it does wonders for my face! It made me skin very soft after I use it, and it made me have fewer breakouts. Whenever I have a pimple, I gently rub this product on my face, and it shrinks it after one use

DO NOT USE ON FACE

Good at first Feels Harsh Cause me to break out Damages skin I overused this product. I would use it daily. It was fine at first. It has now given me small bumps all around my jawline, cheeks, chin, neck and forehead. They are small skin toned bumps that are very noticeable on certain lighting. I had never broken out like this. I have acne prone skin, but I had cleared apart from the occasionally pimple. This stuff is too harsh on the skin. It tears your skin and cuts it. I wish I had researched about it first. Dermatologists warn everyone to stay away. Use only on feet or elbows. Hope this helps someone. I have stopped using it now and I hope my skin can go back to the way it was. I would not even give it one star if I had the option.

Comments

Makes skin feel very clean keeps blackheads away reduces breakouts dries out skin, so moisturize after The problem people seem to make about scrubs is that they use it way to much. This product is for exfoliation and should only be used once-twice a week or it will damage your skin. It has does wonders for my acne prone skin. I use this once or twice a week depending on how oily or unclean my skin is feeling. My face is almost completely clear and I don't have anymore blackheads.

Guest Krysta
Guest Krysta

Softer Skin Less Oil Less Dry/Flakes Diminished Pimples Delightful Smell Takes Awhile to Work I love this! I bought it on a whim, as I needed a new face wash and my old one was doing nothing. It smells delightful, and it feels really nice. For the people who have problems with this, DON'T scrub it so harshly! What I do is when I'm in the shower, I dab some on all of my areas, and then VERY GENTLY rub it in everywhere in a circular motion. Don't forget the neck! Then you wash it off and make sure you got it all. That's it! It's quick and refreshing, and over time (week or so) you'll see a good difference. I can already tell around my nose and eye-ish area it's less oily. And my forehead is gradually getting rid of the oil AND flakes it has. So, I really like this. I'd say give it a try!

Guest Alex
Guest Alex

Helps control flakiness Smaller beads are less irritating smells good made skin soft and less red after first use none With physical exfoliators like this it all depends on how you use it. If you scrub your face with this stuff really hard your gonna break out really bad and irritate your skin. If you go gentle it works very well. My skin is clear of bumps but still kinda red and was VERY flaky. This helps a lot with both. Idk how well it clears skin though, all I know is that it didn't break me out.

Guest keisha fabo
Guest keisha fabo

smells sooo much better than the other scrubs gets rid of my blackheads doesnt really get rid of pimples its a good scrubs, smells good, got rid of my blackheads and makes my skin feel smooth. but it didnt do anything for my pimples so i toke 1 star off. But overall... it pretty good try it!

Popular Exfoliating