St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub Reviews

Brand: St. Ives

St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub

not for me.

I used this twice a day for a little over a week. my skin looked great at first, some blackheads I had came out. then my whole face broke out. stopped using it, still hasn't cleared all the way up but didn't get worse. smelled nice though.

The same thing happened to me. What did you do to help clear all the breakouts?
Why were you using a exfoliating scrub twice a day???? It may only be a medium exfoliant, but you should use one maybe every few days.

One of my skin care staples!

I picked up the Green Tea Scrub after the Apricot exfoliator was way too harsh for my skin. This scrub is great! It smells wonderful and it is gentle yet effective. I have fairly mild acne and sensitive skin - this product works perfectly for me and I found that it does NOT irritate my acne or my skin. I exfoliate with this product about twice a week and while I'm not sure it's effectiveness on my acne or oil, I know it is helping to clear some of the dead skin cells on my face. The morning after I use this product, I can see a visible improvement in the application of my face makeup. I would definitely pick up this product and incorporate it into your weekly skin care routine (although not as a daily wash!).

Comments

Love - I use it every night !!

Absolutely love this product. Previously I was using more expensive products in hopes of clearing my acne but they weren't working so I decided to try a cheaper route and thats when I found this product. I've been using it for about 6 months now and my acne is almost cleared. I don't think this product alone helped clear my skin but its been working for me and I encourage others to try it out considering its inexpensive.

New favourite exfoliator

Smells fantastic Makes skin feel really soft Gets rid of blackheads None I love this scrub. I was using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub for quite a while and loved it as well, but really wanted to try something that would help clear my skin as well as make my skin smooth. So I purchased this one. It's more gentle on my skin than the apricot scrub, so I can easily use it twice a day. Since I've been using it, I've noticed a complete reduction in the blackheads on my nose. They're gone! They were never awful to begin with, but they were still unsightly enough, and now that's one less facial concern to have to deal with. More importantly, this scrub does help with my breakouts. If I have a new pimple, this scrub works really well at getting rid of it from the get-go. My skin is still far from perfect, but I think if I keep doing what I've been doing I'll be closer to the perfect skin I dream of in no time!

Wait so u had pimples and by using this ur spot went away and no more pimples

Love it

smells amazing makes my skin feel super soft helps my skin heal faster I use this scrub 2 or 3 times a week. Any more than that is too harsh for my skin. I like how it removes dull skin and makes my skin brighter and softer. I love it so much it is amazing! When i have a scab or something after a pimple goes down, the scrub majorly speeds up the healing time.

Comments

smells nice travel size available scrubbing beads are too harsh on face doesn't completely clear acne St. Ive's Green Tea Scrub is something that I use every once in a while when i feel like my face needs a good deep cleaning. i would not recommened using it every day as a staple face wash but i think it does a nice job at making my face feel vibrant, soft, and fresh.

Guest Shiann
Guest Shiann

It smells nice. It didn't do the job of exfoliating Broke me out Irritated my skin "sand" gets left behind on your skin even when washed with water I used this for a while because I really wanted it to work. It didn't work for me, as well as a lot of the "naturally clear" products. They always make my acne worse. If you have inflamed acne - you should NOT be using a scrub, it will just irritate it more. I have pretty mild acne, maybe 2-3 spots at a time on my face, or none, and this irritated my acne and made it worse, and made it more noticeable, causing me to want to use it more to make it better. It was a vicious circle. Do yourself a favor, and save your money.

Guest stacy
Guest stacy

Smells great Tiny stone-like things get left behind on face/get in eyes Does absolutely nothing Made my face break out Left my face feeling dry/tight I would not recommend this product as it does absolutely nothing to help acne/break outs (at least in my case). In fact, i broke out more than usual after i started using it. Will definitely switch back to my regular St.Ives scrub for sensitive skin, as it did a better job at preventing acne than this product which was actually designated to the prevention of acne.

Comments

Smells great Sensitive on the skin Reduces redness Many ways you can use it Removes make up thoroughly! None that I can tell so far I Love this product! I use it in the am and pm and it makes my skin feel refreshed! I feel like it does a good job of getting everything that's on my skin off and cleared away. Plus, it's a really gentle exfoliator that's great for everyday use. It never dried out my skin or made it red. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone that asked.

Guest audrey
Guest audrey

- You notice the decrease in size of your pimple the first time you use it! - Leaves skin soft - Clears breakouts and upcoming pimples! NONE I've been using this for almost a month and it works great! I don't suggest using it if your pimple looks like its about to pop or if puss is showing!

Comments

-smells AMAZING. -cleanses well -not sure about the makeup though cuz i dont wear it. -reduces acne only by a little -leaves skin bright and looking healthy. -the beads are very tiny when i cleanse my face, and i accidentally get it to my hair line, it stays there and looks like dandruff. -feels more like a cleanser. Recommend to friends But I prefer the St. Ives Apricot Scrub FTW ^-^

Comments

• smells good • can be used daily • doesn't irritate my skin • leaves my skin smooth • clears some acne • decreases oil gradually on my skin • i found it didn't hep whatsoever with my blackheads, which is what scrubs normally do • makes my skin break out occasionally • leaves my skin somewhat oily (though i've always had oily skin) This product is very confusing to review, though I thought it would be helpful for other people. Let's first start with my acne problem, cause "moderate" just doesn't cut it. I have acne on my cheeks, on my forehead, on my temple area, and on chin. Really, the only part of my face that isn't covered in nasty blemishes is my nose! My cheeks have what looks like red circles under my skin that vary in size. On my chin, i mainly have those pimples that ;ay above my skin (those are just awfully painful!) On my forehead, i have very small blemishes, some sitting on the skin, some underneath, and that's probably the worst part of my acne (either that or my cheeks). And it's not like this whole acne thing is recent - i've had acne for nearly 4 years now. I'm currently in high school, and that's probably the worst part of life to suffer from acne (all the immature teasing and everything). I have sort of a stressful life, and i don't eat as healthy as i should (hehe) I guess that could have an affect on my acne. Sorry for this nasty piece of information, but i figured it would be useful to know when reading my review. Anyways, the scrub itself is complicated. It leaves my skin extremely smooth, and i use it twice a day with nothing else. My skin still seems oily, though the amount of oily has decreased. After about a week of using the product, my skin (especially around my mouth) started to feel extremely tense, like it was hard to smile. That's not really a problem, because it doesn't affect my skin, really (i.e., my skin doesn't look rough/dry or anything, just feels like it). The first few days, my skin was looking good. Though honestly, it just could have been in my head. The whole fact of changing facial routines and stuff. Nonetheless, my skin looks a bit better, though i still get pimples. Overall, the smell is nice and the price is good, but i still don't really see a difference, other than my acne is somewhat controlled, and the oil on

Comments

has made my breakout 10 times smaller! helps with redmarks doesnt contain too much salcylic acid wont dry out your skin wont clog pores help reduce breakouts NONE!!! i have try every cleanser in the market..proactiv,neutrogena,clean and clear and none of those helped me with my mild acne ..my mom had always used the apricot scrub but i didnt totally like it because it was too rough on my skin (rough and harsh things make me breakout:/)but i like the way my skin felt after using it ..until one day i saw these cleanser and bought it in which didnt contain that much amount of salcylic acid and said it would help with redness..since ive started using it i havent broken out like i used too,and if i breakout my pimples are super tiny and my red marks has dramatically reduceed!:D

Guest Juna
Guest Juna

Makes skin soft Non-irritating and gentle Nice smell Can be used daily Doesn't cause breakouts None at all I would definitely recommend this scrub. I have been in love with it since I have first used it and it has made my skin so soft. This is actually the only thing I use to wash my face and I used it twice a day for over a year and I am still using it. I have not experienced any negative side-effects and every time I try using a new scrub or cleanser they always break me out so I return to this one. I do admit it's not a miracle treatment for acne and I still experience the occasional breakout but I attribute that to hormones, not this product. If anything, I use this scrub because it is the only scrub that I trust won't break me out. I don't really use this scrub to treat my acne and I do not think a scrub alone will cure acne it has to be in combination with other products.

Comments

-Smells nice -Nice exfoliators -Exfoliates well -Reduces redness -Only need a little to cover face -Nice refreshing effect -Doesn't clear acne (use the St. Ives Green Tea Cleanser) The is product is amazing ! The consistency is so thickly packed with mini exfoliator beads so sensitive skin people can use this. After rinsing this product off, the face feels so refreshed and it looks radiant.

Guest Trista
Guest Trista

Smell Ingredients Everything! None In combination with Garnier "PURE" Toner (which I use in the AM once I wake up, and in the PM after using St. Ives Naturally Clear) I am CLEAR of acne. I fought with mild/moderate acne for over a decade - this product is amazing and I wish I found it sooner. I am very thankful for this.

Popular Exfoliating