Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin

Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin Reviews

Brand: Spectro Jel

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methocellulose, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol (moisturizer), Hydrated Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate.

Mediocre.

I've been using the fragrance-free variant of this cleanser for quite awhile and I'm not impressed. It hasn't appeared to cause any adverse effect and it's entirely non-irritant, but it shows little sign of effectiveness as I still have yet to see improvement. I'm being rather generous with 3 stars, I have very sensitive skin that gets greasy quickly and I've fought with inflammatory acne that's sore to the touch and leaves hyperpigmentation for around 6 years now.... as such, I'm not expecting anything to work miraculously, but I'm looking for something better than this.

a cleanser alone 98% will not clear your acne all it is doing is cleaning your skin it is not treating it.
If you are suffering from inflammatory acne I suggest you review your diet. Nothing topical is going to help if you have food intolerances or a messed up gut.

Best Cleanser Yet

I have been using this cleanser for about a week now and I have to say it is my favourite cleanser yet. Before using this I was using the exposed skin care system and it really did a number on my skin. I won't ever use it again. The spectro gel for blemish prone skin fragrance free one is so gentle on my skin and is moisturizing which I am in need with the winter weather and just being put on accutane. I believe it will continue to help my skin so I would recommend it to people with acne prone skin and sensitive skin:)

Purple or Blue?

There're two types of Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin. One with Fragrance Free and another with Lightly Scented. So will the lightly scented version cause any breakouts? I looked up the ingredients and they both contain the same ingredients except "Parfum" which only the lightly scented version contains. Let me know if anyone here has used both and did one work better than the other. Here's the link for Lightly Scented Spectro - [link edited out] and here's Fragrance Free - [link edited out]

I personally have found the scented version to be better. I dont know why but I felt cleaner and my skin looked better when I used the scented one
the purple one is your best bet if you want to avoid any chance of irritation.

gentle cleanser

My dermatologist recommended this to me and I am so glad that this product came into my life. It is so gentle. Spectro Jel leaves my skin feeling soft and lightly moisturized. I love it. It won't remove your eye makeup so you will have to use eye makeup remover prior to cleansing. It does remove my foundation though.

No Frills No Gimmicks Cleanser

The spectro gel cleansers is as its name suggests a gel like cleanser that is very mild. It can be applied on a damp or dry face and cleanse very well on either. There's no after film feeling like some cleansers make your skin feel. The pumping mechanism makes it easy to apply the gel. This is dermatologically tested and its safe to use. I highly recommend any of the spectro gel line of products

Love it

I never had acne up until I was about 15 I'm 18 now and the acne is still here. I started using spectro when I was around 16 and it's worked wonders. it keeps my skin soft, it doesn't irritate sensitive skin, and it clears you up. only thing it doesn't do is clear up breakouts as fast as other products

Finally a Product That Worked

As a teenager I never used to get acne (only a pimple here and there every few weeks). However, in my early twenties my skin changed and I started getting cystic acne. I tried many products and nothing worked as well as I would have liked. That is, until I started using Spectro Gel. My stepmother actually had recommended it to me (she swears by it) and I understand why she likes it so much. My face cleared up within weeks and now I get the occasional pimple once in awhile. On most days I even wash my face once a day and it still works wonders! I love that even if I have combination skin, the blemish-prone skin product doesn't make my skin too dried in my dryer areas, even during those dry Winter months! When using the product, I highly recommend you take about a minute or so to massage the product on your face. It may seem strange at first since it doesn't foam (it's more like a gel). Also, you should give yourself about six weeks to see if it works for you.

Did not work for me

Spectro Jel seems to do the trick for a lot of people, so I would probably recommend it. However, it didn't work for me at all. I used it for almost a year, and I was getting really tired of my acne because I would wash my face twice a day, and I'd still get pimples! Especially the giant ones that you don't see and are under the skin. I stopped using Spectro Jel to see if that was the cause. It turns out, I was right. Spectro Jel was the problem. I didn't get any new pimples after that. That could've just happened to me, so don't stop yourself from trying it out at least!

Comments

"Great to keep smooth skin, but not so good for acne."

This cleanser hasn't removed any of my acne. Actually after 3 weeks of usage, washing my face in the morning and at night my acne got worse. But with pairing this up with an acne cleanser I have noticed that it helps keep my skin smooth and soft. I wouldn't recommend this if you're having acne problems, but if you're just looking to use a light cleanser and keep your skin soft, this is the right product.

Works Well but Does Not Remove Makeup

This cleanser is a pretty good product! It has a really nice feel on the skin; light and cool. It's very gentle, so it would be great for someone with sensitive or easily irritated skin. I applied it when my skin was dry and rinsed it off with warm water. The only downside is that it does not remove makeup, so if this is your sole cleanser, any foundation/concealer/powder etc. is not effectively removed, and this can cause or worsen acne. As long as you pair this with a makeup remover or makeup-removing wipes, you shouldn't have any problems!

Comments

Great gentle base for topicals

I used Spectro when I was a teenager and didn't like how it didn't foam or make my skin feel squeaky clean, so I stopped using it. In my twenties, my acne became terrible (inflamed pustules all over my face) after antibiotic use. I started using Spectro again (the purple one) after a pharmacist told me to cleanse with it when I was prescribed a harsh topical. It was great at calming my skin down after I had scrubbed my skin to the point of inflammation and irritated my face by trying a different cleanser every week. I'm not sure how good it is at clearing pimples on its own, but I definitely don't think it makes them worse because of how much gentler it is than other medicated cleansers. For me, it didn't make my skin extremely clean because my pores were still clogged, but as long as they didn't turn into pimples I was happy. Make sure to massage it in circles on your face for a good 20 seconds. I think it works best when I do this in a warm shower, when my pores are more open. I didn't like it when I was younger, but I guess it takes some getting used to! In short, Spectro is great for giving your skin a break from the harsher cleansers, especially if you're using a topical.

Works Really Well.

Inexpensive Works Quickly Doesn't Smell Pleasant The first time I used Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin I felt a difference that night, it felt way cleaner! About a week later I started seeing a difference. Now, I have clear skin! ~I got it at Shoppers Drug Mart

Comments

Amazing, but it does take some getting used to.

Gentle and non-drying Makes skin soft Reduces redness and improves skin texture I have suffered from moderate to severe acne for many years (about 20 actually). I have spent literally thousands of dollars on treatments, products, facials, machines, you name it! But my cystic acne and my really deep black heads would not budge. I always attacked my face with the most anti-bacterial, harshest scrubs, pro-active, accutane, and deep cleansing masks I could find (I know now that this was just exacerbating my problem). Finally, one day, I thought I'd try the super gentle approach and see if it improved the condition of my skin (I had nothing to loose, it was already so so bad). I was really skeptical, plus it did not feel like it was cleaning and felt really weird to rub this stuff on a dry face but, lo and behold, this stuff worked! It does not lather or foam! Even with water it stays gel-ish. I use about 3 full pumps on my dry face (after I remove my mascara) and massage it it circles all over my face (concentrating on areas where my black heads like to form). After about 1 minute of rubbing this on, I rinse my face really really well with lukewarm water. I found the more I rinse the softer my skin feels. I use this every night and occasionally in the mornings. My black heads are much MUCH better now, the redness has been drastically reduced (I can go out of the house and feel confident with no foundation or concealer to hide chronic redness), and moisturizers WORK now, instead of just making black heads worse and my skin greasy (I use Calia All Natural Skin Moisturizer everyday in conjunction with Spectro Jel and it has changed my life). My skin is very dry/dehydrated and sensitive. I find that I don't even need to exfoliate as much anymore (maybe once per week or once every 2 weeks) since switching to this cleanser. I have been using it for two years, faithfully and consistently, because every time I try something else my skin looks and feels terrible. Once you start trying this, give it at least two weeks of using Spectro every day before you expect visible improvements. Good Luck!

Comments

Just have to use it correctly...

Not detergent based Neutral smell Works! Takes a few minutes to use properly The key to SJ is to take a solid few minutes to massage it into your face. It isn't a detergent-based cleanser, so it will not instantly pull up oil to be rinsed off - its an emulsifier, and needs to be worked into the skin. Added bonus is without the soap factor, you won't notice much dryness after using it. Try it out, i'd been using it incorrectly for a long time, but now with this and a weekly salicylic acid scrub I'm clear pretty much year round!

Spectro jel

Clears pimples Prevents breakouts Helps make face less oily Smells bad but I was able to find a fragrance free one and it doesn't even have a smell! It can be pricey in some stores but I found it cheap at target I went to my family doctor because my skin was breaking out too much and it bothered me. So he recommended spectro jel, and said to use a squirt every morning and night to wash my face. This product is AMAZING. In about 2 weeks using it my face cleared up and it prevent me from breaking out as much. Also my face use to be so oily but its not anymore. I recommend this! And I found this product at Walmart for 15$ but I went to target and it was on clearance for 6$ so I got 3 for the price of one!

Pretty Good

Doesn't dry out skin Works well with combination skin Reduces blemish size and amount Doesn't get rid of blackheads Doesn't get deep through the tough built in pimples I started using Combination skin cleanser for about a year and it worked okay for me. My t-zone is oily but in between my eyebrows is dry so it cleared up my face pretty good. But i realized that you had to put lotion on after that so that your skin wouldn't dry. Then i recently switches to blemish prone skin and i immediately saw a difference. I don't use the recommended lotion after i wash my face but i saw that i had less pimples then ever. It didnt dry out my skin. I love it. I will forever stick with Spectro. In the future i would like to try the spectro lotion.

Comments

Inexspensive Large pump bottle for cleanser (HUGE :D For $13!) Doesn't dry out Doesn't burn Doesn't scratch your face off Smells awful; as bad as this sounds, it smells like wart remover :/ The non scrub or sudsing cleanser is something to get used to (Even thought it "looks" like its not doing anything or "feels" like it.... it is!) I absolutely LOVE the Spectro Jel Acne products!!!!! I have had THE WORST acne since grade 6, I am now 21. I have used everything including Proactiv. I used it from grade 10 till now. Hoping one day it would work. But after the first use of Spectro i KNEW this was the product for me. And after only a week and a half of use, my face is the best its been in over TEN YEARS!! I HIGHLY recommend this for someone who has tried everything else and wants RESULTS! :D

Guest E.B.
Guest E.B.

Keeps skin moisture works If you care at all, it doesn't have those nice smells like some brands For acne like mine (not too severe, but very persistent), I would recommend trying Spectro (for at least a month). It beat out all the other 20+ products I tried (from the expensive like Vichy to regular Neutrogena or St. Ives stuff). Although the gel feels a bit strange at first, it doesn't dry out your skin and it cleanses it thoroughly. However, this product really worked best when I used it along with the Spectro AcneCare Pore Vanishing Lotion (which is 5% benzoyl peroxide lotion)

Comments

- keeps skin clearer...finally a product that works without drying skin -does not dry out skin whatsoever (I use for sensitive skin) - don't use it as a makeup remover or simply use a cloth. I don't use heavy makeup just mineral foundation and mascara. I didn't like it at first because it didn't remove my makeup as well as other cleansers and soap; however, you need to wipe it with a clothes and just rub your mascara off gently and it will be off. It's by far the best cleanser I've used. I initially got it for my face but bought another bottle to use in the shower on my body for some back acne. My face has been consistently clear since I started using it. I still have a few breakouts but I can go out with makeup and not worry about huge cysts.

Guest Amanda
Guest Amanda

- Gentle and effective at removing makeup and dirt. - Leaves skin glowing and smooth. - Doesn't dry skin out at all. - Helps to clear acne. - Makes skin velvety soft. - Doesn't contain SLS. - Might not remove heavy makeup if not used properly and wiped off with a cloth. This is currently my favourite cleanser. It is imperrative to follow the directions, however for best results. I prefer to appy this to dry skin and rub in small cirlces for at least 30 seconds and then remove it all with a wet washcloth. This has done wonders for the tone and health of my complexion and I my breakouts are very minor now if any.

Comments

very gentle bottle lasts too gentle/does not clean well absolutely no lather does not remove makeup at all I decided to give the spectro acne care line a try. My face did not respond negativaly or positivaly. Absolutely nothing happened to my face. For me, I really needed something with a creamy lather and i need a makeup removing cleanser. this product was definatly not for me.