Solugel Benzoyl Peroxide (4%) Gel Reviews

Brand: Solugel

Solugel Benzoyl Peroxide (4%) Gel

Guest Dede
Guest Dede

EVERYTHING!! It actually works, cleared my acne like nothing else, works fast, keeps acne away, not as expensive as other treatments Drying but moisturizer helps this ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! Ive had acne for 7 years and I've tried everything, description pills, birth control, prescription creams, over the counter creams and nothing has worked like this! And it worked fast! Definitely reccomend it! Please try it! I was hesitant to try it because it was just another cream from the drugstore but I seen it working for my sister and had to try it for myself. LOVE IT!

Comments

I acne metamorphic which means many kinds. I also have really oily skin. It clears your face and leaves nothing, only one or two pimples once in a while. I've had 12 treatments done to my face in about 7 years and this is the only one that worked. It makes your face really red and dry. It hurts the first 30 minutes. Takes about 2-3 months to show dramatic change. Can't buy it anymore in the Dominican Republic. Anyone know where to buy it? I recommend this to anyone who has metamorphic acne with oily skin. This is a miracle worker.

Comments

best benzoyl peroxide product dries fast easy to spread and easy to apply a thin layer prevents acne rather than treating existing acne bleaches clothes, towels pillowcases but of course that comes with any BP product this is the best benzoyl peroxide product i've used. the 4% strength is perfect, not too drying. used consistently with moisturizer pretty well prevents skin flakiness and redness completely. this is my absolute favorite because of how quickly it dries. i hated having to wait 20 minutes or more for thicker BP creams/gels to dry. however, forgetting to use once or twice can bring acne back super fast

Comments

-Gentle as 2.5%, strong as 10% BP -Cleared up skin in 2 days -Nothing else worked (and I tried every practially everything otc) including prescription antibitoics -Does not dry out skin (water based) -Absolutely non, but can be hard to find (only available at Shopper's Drug Mart in Canada) Excellent product!!

Comments

Worked very fast! (1 week to see the first results) Not expensive Cleared up my face...no more blemishes and black heads NO MORE OILY SKIN !!! I'm so happy A little dry my skin...To use with a good moisturizer! (Aveeno Clear complexion or Spectro Jel ) I had light acne and oily skin. I have a reactive and combination/acne prone skin. I use Spectro Jel cleanser, spectro jel moisturizer and Solugel 4 since only two weeks and I have no more blemishes, black heads and oily skin!! This product is a miracle in a tube !! I recommend it for sure!

Guest TriciaD
Guest TriciaD

Works VERY WELL with my skin...ca be purchased w/out a perscription...doesnt take months to work....visible change within a week...after 3 weeks, my skin was looking great! Pretty expensive w/out perscription...does lighten skin of darker complexion... I used this product once..it worked like a charm....then i stopped cuz i didnt like how pale my skin was gettin....tried other products n they didnt work as effectively as Solugel 4. Went back to using it after about 2 yrs, and I am totally not regretting the decision!!!!!!!!!!!! However, i have to use it once a day instead of twice. Its a GREAT PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!

Guest Travis
Guest Travis

It' works well. Much better than Benzac W5, Oxy, Neutrogena, Panoxyl, and Proactive combined. In my drug store it can only be purchased with a pharmasist say so and it costs much more than anything else. It works well for me and I highly recommend it to anyone struggling with other acne products. Even though it costs a bit more it is really worth it.

Guest TY
Guest TY

Cheap, behind the counter but no prescription needed, get it at PharmaPlus anytime I run out. No fragrance no medical smell, absorb pretty quick, 4% is mild so takes a few day to clear new ones, not too strong so no peeling all over the face. After 6yrs, none so far. Suffered from acen for over 25yrs, have used lots of different medication, from over the counter cream to Accutane. This is by far the safest cheapest satifying solution.

Guest Adam
Guest Adam

Works very consistently, I've been using it for 9 years now and recommend it often. Was suggested to me by my sister (a pharmacist) when she saw I was using prescription meds to no effect. Wish it were cheaper same price as the other zit creams. Guess they know they have something special. Took almost a year for it to completely clear up my skin but now I only have to use it once or twice a week. If I stop I will still get zits though. Try it and have faith in the longrun it will work and that your skin if red or itchy at the start will stop doing that once it adjusts to the cream over time.

Guest Lisa
Guest Lisa

I have spent hundreds of dollars trying doctor prescribed acne creams and over-the-counter products,changing all other products that may contribute to acne (clothing detergents, shampoo, fashwash/cream, diet)THIS IS THE ONLY PRODUCT THAT WORKS 4 ME It takes time to know how much you need to avoid over drying/peeling/breakouts, your face changes with seasons. Lil gritty, smelly, darker skin will show dry skin, and drying is what gets rid of the acne Yes, this cream actually works. Its a cheap fix for my adult acne, if I miss a dosage I am sure to have acne the NEXT day. If you are using hairspray/shampoo coniditioner, perfume, make-up, skin cream - it doesn't matter how much it was or if it came from a good company that says free of "dyes" the stuff is crap (organic I recommend but your skin may still disagree). SO please understand you are looking for a prefect product and for it to work you need to look at other things as well and use it consistantly. I bought it at IDA for $13 in Toronto and I swear by it. BTW for my skin to avoid peeling I apply using a damp pad then add the cream on the pad to kind of dilute it and rub every needed.

Guest CardThis
Guest CardThis

works better than many BP's that i have tried. Also helps with oily skin. I actually received a compliment today at work, which is what made me decide to write this review. can be strong, especially if you are not used to BP, - so try it only once a day to start or don't use as much. I find that you don't need as much as in Dan's regimen. Also has a little bit of a "gritty" feeling, but doesn't really bug me. Give it some time (at least a week to start). i don't know why people waste their time giving products horrible reviews when they only used the product for "a day or two". anything takes time! Remember to moisturize and you are good to go. Recently, i been doing the following. morning: Dan's wash, THEN Dan's BP (as it is lighter at 2.5%), THEN I moisturize with Complex 15 (i.e. really good stuff, doesn't sting and is oil-free) about 20 minutes later night: Dan's Wash (and yes, it takes off my makeup) THEN i apply Solugel THEN i moisturize (as in the AM). My skin has cleared fabulously!!!

Comments

only been using it for about a day and half now, but seems to already be working. Basically it just dries out your skin but not in ways that other BP's do. The skin really absorbs it so it works well. and you can wear it out in public. the first day i used it i think i used to much so my skin was pretty red, but only for about an hour or so. the tubes aren't very big and they cost just under 20 dollars at the local Shoppers Drug Mart. This has really worked for me. My doctor put me on Dalacin T and Metrogel for a couple months but when my prescription ran out i did a little research on BP. So far this stuff has done more for me then the Dalacin T and Metrogel did for 2 months. soo bottom line is it works well. :)

Comments

cleared my skin up COMPLETELY made my skin very dry and red and peeling After I quit using my previous acne treatment, I started to break out again. I started applying Solugel twice a day and it made my skin hurt and peel, but it cleared my skin up. After a week or two my skin was perfectly clear. Now I use Solugel once a day with Marcelle Aquamatte Hydrating fluid and my skin has stayed clear ever since. Great product!

Comments

gets rid of most pimples faster than most products and it is not as expensive as proative and all of those can make skin itchy and sometimes slightly red and very dry. Definitely makes u look more pale! My tan was gone in just a week... it does not treat scars at all !!! it is better than nothing... but it is not a 100% solution to acne! I recommend using it only once a day, preferably at night! Otherwise your skin will probably peel!good luck!

Comments

Works well, less drying than other prescribed acne medication, skin did not get flaky your skin can get use to it, so best to use one tube, switch to another product, and switch back after a while

Guest Michael
Guest Michael

water-based so doesn't dry out skin as bad as most alcohol-based bp products, worked great for me for many years...but eventually i had to switch products because my skin got used to it can sometimes be irritating on the skin, use it once a day for the first week...it bleaches eyebrows, clothes, towels and anything else it touches! sometimes it even bleaches your face...i got comments about how pales i looked. i actually think this is the best emergency "vanishing cream" ive ever used. unfortunately...i used it for about 5 years and i became immune to it and recently needed to change products..but it did work very well for me for a long time. at about 20 bucks a tube, its quite expensive.

Popular Topical