Smoothbeam Laser Acne Treatment Reviews

Brand: Smoothbeam

Smoothbeam Laser Acne Treatment

Waste of money!

Before the procedure, I was told that many patients see noticeable results even after the first treatment, but of course, "everyone responds differently." Tried first treatment of Smoothbeam. Absolutely NO improvement whatsoever. Nurse practitioner then says it usually takes 2-3 treatments to see results. Being at the point of being close to desperate about finding a treatment that works, I gave it another shot. After second treatment, still nothing. No visible improvement. I still broke out, old and new scars were still there. Nurse says well, usually it takes 6 treatment to get the results. Well, I wasn't about to roll the dice and pay an additional $250 a pop for something that did absolutely nothing. At least I didn't get any discoloration as some people have unfortunately reported. But it was a total waste of $500 for me. Sadly most dermatologists just try to push treatments to patients. Still searching but I'm now trigger-shy because like most people, I hate wasting money. And I have stopped going to this dermatologist.

Comments

no side effects did not work did 6 treatments hoping it was going to cure my acne. just waisted my money . I did not had any side effects like some of the people have commented on. it just didn't work never made my acne better stayed the same . the only thing it did was made my face less oily . but for $300.00 a treatment I expected more than just giving me a less oily face ..

Comments

so iv only done my first session so far and im loving everything about it, it is my first session so my face isnt completely clear yet i have 2 more sessions to go but i can definitely feel the difference and see the difference. my face looks lighter from the scaring removal and all of my face is alot clearer and the acne is alot lighter and going away and this is only my first treatment that i got 4 days ago and it wasnt painful at all because of the numbing cream. my skin is peeling-ish from the treatment my specialist said that would only be for about a week and its nothing a little lotion fixes right up for now. people who write these bad reviews on it saying they got hyperpigmentation that is only because they did not prep their face before the treatment with the preping cream the give you. if you forget to put that cream on every night you will hyperpigmentate and people who complain about it being so "painful" its not 1 bit... it feels like a baby got a okay pinch on you and as they go more along the face you just get use to it and it feels like nothing and its not long at all.

Comments

None Hyperpigmentation I have East Asian skin, and got the Smooth Beam laser treatment done 8 months ago to help with my mild acne scarring. The procedure was recommended by a dermatologist and performed by a medical nurse who explained the procedure every step of the way. She seemed nice and experienced. I followed aftercare instructions and stayed away from the sun. I did a bit of research and it seemed like a low risk procedure to do at the time. Now I am left with stripes of hyperpigmentation through the sides of my cheeks. In the past 8 months I have spent a lot of money trying to correct this problem with peels, microdermabrasion, Retinol, green light photorejuvination therapy, kojic acid, hydroquinone, and lumixyl. Some of them have helped to slightly lighten the dark lines, but I am still left with the hyperpigmentation. I originally got this procedure done because I wanted to wear less makeup, and now I have to wear more make up and cover the sides of my face with my hair. I feel extremely self-conscious, and cannot just jump into the pool during vacations anymore. I hide under the shade, and have to stay away from the sun at all times, or the lines will get even darker. Please please do not get lasers done on your face. It is just not worth the risk. If I can turn back the clock, I would never put myself in such a situation again. It is much better to be patient and take your time with less invasive methods. Even if the risks are low, it only takes one bad result to change your life forever. I did this to myself, and I have to live with it now.

Comments

- Skin feels tighter - Big reduction in pimples and oil on my face - Pores seem to be smaller - My skin is generally much better than before - Can be a little uncomfortable on the higher settings I have had 3 treatments to date and have tried many different settings. The first time I went I had it on a relatively low setting but the technician did several passes over my entire face. On subsequent visits I have been taking a more intense treatment, it is a little uncomfortable at first but with the anesthetic cream you quickly get used to it and its not much to worry about. I would highly recommend the treatment to anyone who has suffered from acne. It's really helped me a lot. I am 2nd Generation Australian with rather light skin. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I have read several of the posts below and do not really understand where most people are going wrong, I did not experience any redness or down time at all and went straight back to work.

Guest Tim
Guest Tim

Leaves your skin feeling tight and smooth for a little while. Not sure on the long term results as of yet. I go for my 4th treatment in 2 days. A little painful even with numbing cream. $200 per session is a little expensive, but if it works then it will be work every penny. I have had 3 treatments thus far with a month in between each. I go for my 4th in two days. I don't see a difference yet, but I am hoping that it will help with the scars on my cheeks soon. From what I have been able to research, it seems that you don't really see a benefit to scars until a few months after your 4th treatment. I haven't had bad acne for years thanks to accutane when I was in my late teens, but I was left scarred and we all know how they make you feel.

Guest S
Guest S

None caused severe hyperpigmentation I underwent two treatments of smoothbeam and although the first time I did not have any negative reaction, the second time I developed severe swelling and crusting of the skin. Within a week, the swelling subsided however I was left with severe hyperpigmentation. Even after three years of diligent usage of hydroquinone and other bleaching products, my face is still 10% scared by the procedure. I am of Indian origin with medium skintone. The dermatologist seemed quite surprised that I pigmented in this manner. It was truly one of the most difficut phases of my life. Please DO NOT use smoothbeam especially if you pigment easily.

Comments

made my face feel cleaner and smoother my face is completley red i have only got the first treatment done but my face is completley red. its has been 3 weeks sense my first treatment and my face is still completley red. I dont no what to do..... anyone have any ideas?

Guest Ag
Guest Ag

none expensive, do not work, made my skin worst This treatment did not work for me. be careful , make sure you go to the right dermatology. i have black spots on my skin after the treatment and more scars. the doctor did not care at all.

Comments

Clear up active acne andd improve skin texture. Minimal side effects. I have had acne for 15+ years, and have tried numerous treatments including Accutane and other laser treatments, this is the only laser treatment that cleared up my acne.(Accutane worked too, but the side effects are too much). A bit pricey, and you do need to go to a doctor's office to get it done.(I drove 100 mile every 2 weeks for this treatment). Skin will be a bit dry and sensitive after the treatment, but putting on some B5 gel solved the problem in my case. I got some red marks after the treatment, but they faded in 4 to 5 days. I do get a flare of break out right after the treatment,but then my skin get cleared up. It takes several treatment to see results, so be patient. It does work! Result will show gradually. I just finished my 4th treatment, and my skin cleared up almost completely.(only 1 zit left, I used to have at least 20 zits in average). I will post another review when I finish my 6th treatment.

Guest Valerie
Guest Valerie

So I have had pretty bad acne and this treatment was a lifesaver. It helped my acne and scarring and prevents new outbreaks.I get numbing cream and then the treatment is almost painfree. I get my treatments at LASERKLINIC ([link removed]). The service/treatments/staff the best. I get numbing cream and then the treatment is almost painfree. Proven effective treatment for acne and acne scars and prevention of new acne!

Guest Lisa
Guest Lisa

Works but you have to be patient-usually after the 3rd fourth treatment you start breaking out less You have to be fine with being a little sensitive for a week after treatment--maybe a blister or two but so worth it. It's not cheap but it works for my non inflammatory acne

User127609

Significantly improves rolling acne scars and other types of acne scars, gentle to the skin, no recovery time Depending on skin type you may have some red pigmentation after but goes away after a couple days. I use smoothbeam for my acne scars, ive been having treatments since last march. My acne scarring was pretty moderate but now i have seen about 60% improvement. I know this works which is a relief and i continue to have treatments until im satisfied with my skin. I would recommend this. Im not sure how it is for acne...but for scars it definitely works. Ive had about 13 treatments. Also, it takes 6 months from your first treatment until you see results so you have to be patient.

Popular Laser