SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Defense Reviews

Brand: SkinCeuticals

SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Defense

Ruined my face

I was given this product, along with the Retexturing Activator, by my dermatologist, for my acne. I had moderate acne with inflammation on my cheeks and jawline. I kept taking photos of my face for 3 months to see the difference, and it kept getting worse. At first, I thought it was the purging phase so I was patient. But the acne got worse, I had inflammed red spots everywhere. Even when my face was full of acne (I've never in my entire life experienced such breakouts, by number and the inflammation wasn't getting any better), I continued using it because of all the good reviews I read online and because my derm said she wanted to see me after 3 months, so I decided to give it the time it needed to work. Except that it didn't. It ruined my face completely. I stopped it after 3 months of using it religiously, and when I went back to my previous routine, my face calmed down, but I'm left with scars and red spots everywhere on my cheeks. Bottom line, it is the worst product I have ever used for my acne. Horrible experience. Couldn't even go out of the house without foundation, and couldn't look at myself in the mirror. That's how much it was horrible. Let me just say that the very tiny places on my face where I didn't have acne (forehead and chin), the texture of my skin got better, so maybe it's a good product for people who don't have acne, but I don't know why on earth would they recommend it for people having acne.

broke me out

I bought the complete set with the cleanser and toner along with this blemish lotion. After the first application, it broke me out completely.I got acne on my jawline and forehead.As soon as I stopped using it, the acne seemed to settle and I have not got any bumps on my skin since. I continue to use the cleanser sonce its good, but this lotion is way too strong for skin. When i tried to write this review on their website, they said it cannot be published since it does not meet their guidelines. In short, they only publish reviews that are rated 4 stars or higher. Complete waste of money.

Hopefully you bought the products from skin ceuticals, as they have a 90 day return policy..... so not really a waste of money then. Also, many people try to buy these products off eBay or Amazon and they are not authentic products so will not work because they are fake. Skin ceuticals lists authorized sellers on their website and most offer a refund. wishing you the best in finding a regimen that works for you!

definitely improved what BP could not.

I am 25 years old and my biggest issue is oily skin, large clogged pores and closed comedones. they lend my skin a very bumpy uneven texture and it feels pretty gross when I wash my face. occasionally I get inflammatory pimples, but usually it's when I mess with one of the little bumps. I have had stubborn bumps on my forehead for years even though I use benzoyl peroxide on them twice daily. recently, I got a facial which included extractions and she recommended I try this product to help with congestion. it's expensive so I was skeptical, but go big or go home, right? also, it has alcohol in it which I thought was a big no but I honestly could care less so long as it works. I have been using this morning and night for about a week and a half and my forhead looks clearer than it has since I can remember. it doesn't dry me out, in fact I think it's moisturizing compared to the BP I was slathering on every day. it hasnt burned upon application and doesnt seem to be causing irritation, although my forehead skin is much less sensitive than other parts of my face. the skin looks healthier overall and my bumps either have come to a head(tiny, insignificant uninformed ones) and healed up or just gone away. I did use this on my entire t zone for the first 7 days and while it cleared some stubborn stuff out of the sides of my nose and under my eyes, it made my skin shiny. crazy shiny. like necessary to wash my face a third time in the middle of the day and blot every couple of hours shiny. so, I am currently just applying this to my forhead so I can see if my skin will adjust or if that's just what this product will do on my skin. my sister (who has extremely mild acne, just an occasional tiny pimple) uses this after a gentle unmedicated cleanser as a spot treatment and swears by it. four stars only because of the price.

The best product ever! Miracle

Omg!! Words cannot describe how amazing this product is. I've been on accutane 5 times, and this surpasses accutane 10 fold. I was recommended this by an esthetician after a microdermabrasion, she gave me a sample and when I finished the vile I ran out an bought it. It's very expensive, but so worth it.

Comments

The best I've tried so far...

greatly reduced chin breakouts skin feels overall smoother did not dry out my skin expensive can sting when first applied I am 50 years old, and have had acne since I was 12, off and on. It was bad in my early teens, cleared in my early 20's, only to resurface again as that dreaded "adult acne" in my 30's. I have mostly been limited to chin acne, but this in an of itself has been upsetting to live with, and has caused scarring over the years. Like most on here, I've tried it all. Except accutane, which I simply refused to do because of the side effects and the potential for liver damage. After a particularly bad bout last summer, I went to get a facial and the aesthetician recommended this product, along with the facial cleanser. Well...it was pretty amazing, I will admit. For the first time in a long time, my chin acne was GREATLY diminished!! I'm not going to go so far as to say it cleared 100% or was a "miracle", because I've learned the hard way that there is no "miracle" cure to acne. It just is a battle that, unfortunately, some of us will face for life. But, for me, this product has been the BEST one I've ever used!! It's reduced my breakouts from several cysts every month, to about 2-3 cysts in the last year. And those tend to come to a head quicker and not be quite as big and painful. Plus, this product tends to speed up healing the red mark. As far as treating lines...? Well, I haven't noticed too much of a diminishment in those, unfortunately, but I didn't start using the product to treat lines anyway, so I am OK with that :-) I will say that I also started using Saw Palmetto at about the same time I found this product. This product, plus the saw palmetto standardized extract ( 160mg tab, 3x day) has greatly reduced my breakouts. So, give it a try. Don't expect miracles, people, because you'll always be disappointed if you are looking for a miracle cure for adult acne. It doesn't exist. But, for me.....someone who's tried them all, this product has been the best so far, and greatly increased my confidence around my troubled skin.

Guest Rachel
Guest Rachel

This stuff works!! I have been using it morning and night and the improvement in my skin is amazing. This stuff kills the bacteria and stops the spread across your face. Use with the cleanser and toner and you will not look back Can dry your skin out a little and stings a little on application I had severe acne, and this stuff helped clear up my skin. it has stopped the spread of acne on my face. i can face the world again. It does dry your skin out a little but it is totally worth it. Make sure you have a good water based moisturiser

Comments

The only thing that works for my adult and cystic acne! Works instantly No need to pick spots as new ones fade fast expensive but lasts can cause acne acars if you pick, but there will be less picking to do! You can also mix with bio oil or sunscreen Must wear sunscreen with this!! I have adult and cystic acne after the pill and year of antibiotics to try and rid me of them. Nothing else worked long term until this. I thought it would stop working but a year later and Im clear. I get the odd spot which fades fast now. I apply this only in the morning then apply a sunscreen. On its own its really potent and can sting alittle. You can mix it with one drop of bio oil to dilute it too and it wont break you out. You skin may become sensitive to scraing so dont pick, cysts and whiteheads will fade so fast with this, just leave them, trust me. You have to try this I was suicidal before finding this

Comments

clears skin completely reduces appearance of hyper pigmentation helps with fine lines and aging no initial breakout improves texture of skin price This is the first stuff I have used that actually worked, and I've tried just about everything under the sun from prescription grade medications and topicals, to Dan's regimen, to natural alternatives and Vitamin supplements. So worth the price tag, don't be fooled this isn't your ordinary Salicyclic Acid gel, it contains the perfect blend of acids to exfoliate the skin and increase cell turnover. It contains 2% Dioic Acid, 0.3% LHA, 1.5% Salicylic Acid, 3.5% Glycolic Acid, and 0.5% Citric Acid. Sounds like an awful lot but it never once irritated my sensitive skin and if you follow with a light moisturizer \ you won't even experience flakes and dryness (unlike Retin-A and Dan's BP). How I use: Wash face with a gentle cleanser (I use Yes to Carrots Daily Cleanser), apply 3-4 drops of SC Blemish + Age Defense, wait 30 min, then apply light moisturizer (I use CeraVe). I do this morning and night every day and I haven't had skin this clear since before I started getting acne. Whats great is this product not only treats and prevents acne, but it also helps get rid of the marks that acne leads behind. I can't comment on the anti-aging aspect as I'm only 20 and don't have fine lines yet. But seriously give this a try and wait a couple weeks before you give up because it may not seem like anything is happening but before you know it you will keep waking up without any breakouts on a consistent basis.

Hey! Ive been using this for about a week now, do you remember going through a purging period when you first started using this?
Guest lola
Guest lola

Dries up oil, lightens acne scars Expensive Love this product. I have had cyctic acne since teen years, and am now 33. I have been limited with what my dermatologist could do because we are either pregnant or trying to get pregnant for the last couple of years. I did Proactiv for awhile, but it did not work consistently. I also did 4 smoothbeam treatments, which worked great, but results only lasted 1 year. Cost there was $400. So now my derm recommended Blemish & AGe Defense. I noticed results over night. My cystic acne seemed to be shrinking. My skin was not oily or inflamed (red). A few days later, my acne scars are lightening. My current acne is still healing, but no new pimples. I am completely amazed. The product is expensive (about $78 + shipping on skinceuticals web site), but my derm said 1 bottle should last about 6 months. So the cost over 6 months is not so bad for me, and way cheaper than smoothbeam. Last comment: I have extremely sensitive skin. I have eczema/seborratic dermatitis around my nose, which means drying acne products may work on my acne, but flair my eczema. This product gives me no flairs. It is worth trying, My derm gave me a free sample bottle, which I am still using, and it's been almost a week.

Comments

clears up acne FAST!! I love that the line is low in toxicity and high in efficacy. I also LOVE that i dont have to dry out my skin to clear up the acne. PLUS it helps with aging skin too!! price- but WELL worth it I am 30 years old and have tried MANY products out there for my cystic acne(including accutane) with no luck! After a few days using this line i have seen MAJOR improvement. Who wouldve thought I dont have to get worse before getting better!?!? I recommend using other products in the line suited for your skin type to see the best results. I got lucky and found an amazing esthetician who knows her stuff! In combination with this product she suggested the LHA cleanser, phloretin cf (formulated with vitamin c), phyto corrective gel (helps with inflammation- really calms down redness and leaves skin soft). My skin has never looked so good! Its bright and hydrated and I am ecstatic!! :) Try this skincare line! you will not regret it!!

Guest LG
Guest LG

massively prevents breakouts, clears any spots really quickly, fades marks noticably faster then anything ive used A little bit drying (but worth it) Cost! (but again definitely worth it) Ive been using this for about 4 months, three drops in the morning, and three at night. I have never written a review before, but this is so worth writing one for!! I used to have bad acne in my teens, has improved down to a monthly hormonal breakout, but i am still seriously fearful of getting a spot, i am super picky about what goes on my face, i dont even let people touch my face!! Since using this serum, i have not had one major breakout at all. I get about two or three tiny spots around my time of the month, but nothing that bad, and they clear. up in a few days with minimal or no marking. Not sure about the age defense part, but wasnt really a concern of mine anyway. Definitely get this!!

Guest Patricia
Guest Patricia

It really does clear up acne and diminish wrinkles. Quite expensive, but I'll give up other things so I can afford this. I'm 74 and have had acne since I was 12. It's always been worst on my chin, and every picture taken of me since junior high shows at least one big spot on my chin. I thought I might make the Guiness Book of World Records for "longest case of acne ever." Then I discovered this product, and it keeps the acne under control and smooths out my wrinkles. Even the )( between my eyes is much less noticeable. Last month I attended my 55-year high school reunion, and received many compliments about my beautiful skin. The group photo of the class shows me with clear skin and fewer wrinkles than most of my classmates. It took 62 years, but finally I really do have beautiful skin!

Comments

Nothing! Made acne multiply, turn red, stay for WEEKS and leave scars!! :( This is the worst acne treatment out there. I used it along with the skinceuticals facial cleanser and it made my acne 90X worse. DONT USE IT! :(

Comments

light, non drying, quick to absorb replace BP expensive For the first times in ten years, I am able to keep my adult acne at bay with Blemish + Age Defense. I am 29 and have acne ever since college, Funny that I have very clear skin in my teen years. I have tried many product include murad, proactive, philosophy, olay, etc. The only things that work would be the Acne.org product such as 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide (BP). But the BP is very drying and makes my skin very sensitive and tender to touch. I also have breakout in my temple area; the BP would irritate my eyes. I addressed my concern to my facial esthetician, she suggested Blemish + Age Defense. I saw difference in my skin after two days of using this product. My skin had been clear since I used it and have not seen any new acne.

Popular Anti-aging