Sea Breeze Actives Deep Clean Astringent Reviews

Brand: Sea Breeze

Sea Breeze Actives Deep Clean Astringent

Careful, largely differing formulas

I bought this awhile back after finding it on this site and being enticed by the mostly positive reviews. It was of no benefit whatsoever, it simply made my acne appearance worse. As it turns out, this astringent comes in variants, and I wasn't buying what I thought I was. Here's the ingredients of the original formula: Water, Alcohol Denat., Camphor, Peppermint Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus Oil (Clove), Eucalyptus Globulus Oil, Eugenol, Sodium Benzoate, Yellow No. 5, Orange No. 4 As you can see, water is listed first, followed directly by denatured alcohol. This makes for a consistency practically equal to water, and a harsh, unpleasant smell. I regretted this purchase. Nevertheless, this version still has quite a bit of positive feedback, but make sure you know what you're paying for.

Still one of my favorite products for 30 years later

I grew up on Seabreeze, and recently started buying it for my teenage son. I tried it again one day and realized it's still the best facial astringent on the market. I am abandoning my "growing up" facial astringent that costs five times as much and doesn't work as well.

Comments

At least it smells good...

I have fairly sensitive skin. Just changed my whole routine and added this. It smells amazing, has a slight tingle. Not drying at all, if anything helps me to retain moisture. My skin looks better after three days twice a day ( but im also using other new products). If its not whats making my face better at the very least it smells great

Awesome

It works It's better then proactiv It's a cooling sensation None It's truly great! I've been using it for just a few weeks and my acne is gone! I'm a hockey player so sweat is all around my face! My coach uses it to along with my teammates and they all love it!!! BUY IT!!!

Guest Keesha
Guest Keesha

Nice strong smell No need for a whole kit, just this bottle Great price No cons here I have been using this product for over a year, and it is the only one that I have been committed to. I use it at least twice a day, sometimes three when it is hot, because my face gets oily. I get my pads from Family Dollar ($1.00-1.50). I bottle usually last me a month or two.I rather spend money on this then, Proradioactive or another other facial kit. Try using a wash cloth in hot water an putting it over your face (opens the pores), then use the product, feels awesome!!!! The burning or tingling sensation, is the product saying, "hey, Im working here!!!"

Comments

-smells nice -makes your skin feel clean -worked for my boyfriend really well -cheap -It didnt seem to work for me but I still say give this a shot, it seemed to have almost all positive reviews Really really really wanted to love this product. I'm at the end of my rope and hoped this would be the last thing I would need to purchase to save my skin.I feel like i'm getting a lot more whiteheads and pimples on my cheeks which I never got before. Idk if i believe in 'purging the skin but I dont know how much longer it needs to 'purge', been about a week now. I ordered some black soap off amazon and until that arrives i'll continue using this and hope to see a change. While to others they may not see my acne as all that bad it is my own biggest insecurity and I now hate to wear make-up because I just feel like I draw more attention to the problem. My boyfriend really likes this product though, he has nice skin to begin with but it does look even better. I say give it a shot, if you're like me what do you have to lose? I feel like all the reviews I read before I purchased were positive. Hopefully I can re-review it soon and will have changed my mind.

Guest Tracey in Texas
Guest Tracey in Texas

deep cleans, helps clear up acne. I've used Seabreeze for years especially during hot Texas Summers when my skin is extra oily. But I recently was able to turn my husband on to it as well. He works in the heat all day and gets pimples all over his back from sweating and just using seabreeze after his evening shower has cut them in half in just a week...soon they will all be gone! be careful not to get it near your eyes....will sting and as with any product that has alcohol will over dry if you use too much. I counter balance with a nice oil free moisturizer. Love this stuff! Great value sized bottles less than $5 at Wal-Mart. It works so well hubby couldn't believe it was so cheap he thought I was paying much more for it! It's also good for wiping down phone receivers or helmet chin straps that kinda get sweaty over time.

Guest Mia
Guest Mia

It works It burns a little but that means it's working I'm 54 years old and I don't use this for acne When my daughter was a teenager she used it for acne. I had a severe case of psoriasis I scratched until it bled it hurt terribly. At that time the label didn't say astringent its said antiseptic for the skin so I use it. It burnt terribly at first but in a week it started to heal. In a month it was gone. For the past year I have had a fungus in my big toe and everything I used didn't work so I decided to put a little sea breeze in a spray bottle and try that. 20 minutes after the first spray the green infection started to turn black as the fungus died. It's been 2 weeks now and my toenail is almost totally clear. So to the makers of sea breeze thank you very much

Guest Selauren
Guest Selauren

It's one of the greatest products ever. Kept me from getting acne in my youth. Makes my skin feel amazing. Removes oils, dirt and makeup leaving my skin soft. That it took them 10+ years to realize their mistake. I'm 49 years old and I have been using Sea Breeze Original Formula since I was a kid. In high school when all other kids looked like pimple pizzas, my skin stayed clear. I think that the person who originally came up with this product should win some kind of humanitarian award. I haven't been so happy to see a poduct in the stores in my life.

Popular All-over treatments