I can't honestly say how well this works. I was prescribed it for perioral dermatitis. Basically every pore on my upper lip area and around my nose looks like an ingrown hair or something and it burns! I must have had a sensitivity or an allergic reaction to it because the area I used this swelled up. it took about a day to go down. it didn't cause any redness or burning upon application so I was confused when I started feeling the puffiness (I actually had a mild heart attack thinking I had developed a benzoyl peroxide allergy since I use that on most of my problem areas!). I'm sure it works for many, but I recommend testing it maybe for a day before application just in case.