Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Apple Cider Vinegar (as a drink)

Apple Cider Vinegar (as a drink)

Daviddyck17

Daviddyck17 ·

6 Comments

spingirl214
Definently steer clear of any products containing coconut oil because coconut oil is rated highly comedogenic and is not good at all for acne prone skin (clogs pores)...the best oils that are excellent for acne prone skin are hemp oil, argan oil, and Rosehip oil (in that order, and should be organic cold pressed). As for Apple Cider Vinegar, I am not sure if that will help clear acne up- definently make sure to dilute it if you try (maybe mix with Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay or another type of Betonite Clay and make a face mask?). I have heard mixed reviews on ACV for hormonal acne and some say it's no good for that, but you said yours isn't hormonal, so it may help some. Another important tip-- D3 is AMAZING, but it needs Calcium & Magnesium to work the way it's supposed to work. I would recommend asking your doctor if you should add in a CalMagD supplement with your D3 regimen. ALSO, take a look at your D3 vitamin and see what it's made with. Many D3 supplements contain stuff that can exasperate acne more than help it. I am using Islands Miracle 5,000IU D3 supplement now and it is has olive oil in it (which is great for immflamation when taken internally). I like that one and I purchased it off of amazon. As for my CalMagD supplement, I really like Nutrilite Brand that I purchased online at [link removed]. The combination of both of those for me has worked wonders. You are still very young so I have faith you will grow out of the acne stage (girls tend to suffer from it all through their 30's too, so we're not so lucky lol). My last piece of advice would be to just be very conscious of the ingredients in your products. A lot of products that are supposed to HELP acne have ingredients that are known acne triggers. Also, don't over wash your face. Try moisturizing with the hemp, argan or Rosehip oil too--all 3 of those are excellent options!! Good Luck!

pandaro68
Look into The Regimen, please. It will get better. Don't convince yourself that you hate your face. It will go away eventually. Use the regimen day & night and be CONSISTENT. Even after it seems clear. Best of luck to you, I hope you get clearer and start feeling better!

kgirl26
Hi, I've been reading a book called The Clear Skin Diet for my own acne. It seems like some of the veggies in your soup are not overly beneficial for your skin? Try deep green or deep red veggies, or things like avocado or fish which have good oils. I'm enjoying the book as it's quite detailed and has given me a good starting point to try to improve my acne through diet.

HTL89
The last time I broke out so much it was due to an acne skin infection. Taking antibiotic and a topical antibiotic helped clear me acne. You should talk to your pcp.

Starkiss123
I tried all natural but only removing gluten from my diet and using other grains such as rice, corn, millet, and flours such as chick pea, almond, rice. That along with changing my pillow every 4 days and using Aloe gel on my face did wonders. After gluten free the biggest help was doing oil cleansing to wash my face. WOAH. Still can't believe. Have half a dozen friends and family doing it now as a result. Research it- it might work for you. Ps the only thing that works for me is. Mixture of oils such as coconut, almond and sunflower with some glycerine.

Myrnanatalia
I've been drinking ACV the raw organic one that says "mother" fir one month already. I lost 6 pounds . I had backne n acne in my face . I felt my blackheads were even coming out fast with me even squeezing them. This was so weird for me and amazing at the same time. I'm also seeing that my cellulite in my upper leg area are improving. Drinking ACV alkalinizes your body. Maybe my body needed this badly?? But I'm sure happy with the results. One thing to note: I only drink one 8 glass water with two spoons of raw cvinegar and one full squeezed lemon every morning before meals.

×