Pur Minerals Mineral Makeup

Pur Minerals Mineral Makeup Reviews

Brand: Pur Minerals

Mica, Boron Nitrate, Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Shea Butter), Iron Oxides (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E).

The Best Foundation

I tried every foundation out there, and this is by far the best. I've been using it on my oily skin for two years. It gets excellent coverage and feels very lightweight (I had a small bottle of their primer once but I found it was unnecessary). This product is expensive, but it's absolutely worth the money. I wear it every day and one compact lasts about 2-3 months.

Comments

didn't cause my skin to breakout buildable coverage didn't last long without primer caused oily skin price This was my go-to foundation for every day use. I really liked the fact that it didn't irritate or break my skin out. The coverage was buildable, but if you needed more coverage your face would become cakey. It would at times cause my skin to become very oily. I usually had to use a primer if I wanted my foundation to last longer than 3-4 hours. Overall I would recommend it, but I would go through this product quickly and for the price it wasn't worth it. I've found another mineral foundation that works better and is more cost efficient.

What mineral foundation are you using now?
Guest Lucy
Guest Lucy

Coverage Evens out skin tone Causes Breakouts Can Look Cakey Looks Oily at the end of the day I loved the coverage this make up gave me, and how it wasn't as messy as loose powder. But within a week or two of using it I noticed that my acne, which was under control, started to flair up again. I returned the to Mary Kay mineral powder foundation I had been using when my acne was under control. The mary kay doesn't cover as well, but would I rather have something that covers breakouts? Or no breakouts at all? Too bad there isn't a make up out there that covers well and doesn't cause breakouts.

Comments

Coverage Light Looks natural Does not make me break out Covers scars Ordered it on Amazon (derm store), got it fast! Matte finish Nothing yet, but I minimally use make up I have used EVERYTHING. Never the expensive kind because of all the sh"t in them. My skin is insanely sensitive, and I am darker complected so I don't have time to get more scars from acne! I don't buy anything in the drugstore anymore. I've changed my diet which has helped immensely and I tried this on a whim, cheaper than bare minerals, and WORTH IT! Next to everything else I am doing, this is the perfect addition to your way to beautiful skin! I use Duac as my primer, and don't use much of this. =]

Guest Tiffany
Guest Tiffany

light, doesnt feel like makeup does not leave a shininess doesn't look or feel like you have makeup on beautiful finish without caking on makeup none I love this makeup. I used to use a Physicians formula powder with a concealer underneath, but it always felt really heavy, and it always highlighted the dryness around my mouth and forehead. This makeup has a wonderful feel and doesn't look like anything. It also hides scars and breakouts well, and lasts all day. I love the product.

Comments

Great coverage Controls oil Best for younger skin Doesn't "stick" to dry flakes Not good for older skin Highlights developing wrinkles Can be drying Expensive I have been very impressed with the coverage it delivers; I really didn't think a powder could do what it does. And it doesn't highlight flaky areas around healing blemishes the way most liquid foundations to. When I first apply it, though, it's so drying that I feel like my face looks 'crunchy' and crepey. I'm 34 and don't have any real wrinkles yet, but when first applied, this product makes me look like I do. By afternoon, when my face would normally be super-shiny (read: gross), it controls the oil very well and takes on a better, more dewy look. I've never tried another mineral makeup, so I can't offer any brand comparisons.

Comments

easy & quick to put on. covers acne & scars very well colors match skin very good little dryness, moisturize before applying. best mineral products on the market by far. if u have acne/scarring this product is for u.

Guest Shannon
Guest Shannon

-smooth and soft looking finish -calms redness -great for acne-prone skin -easy to use -only a small amount will be needed -may appear flaky if you have dry skin and do not use a moisturizer I have been using bareMinerals since it first came out and recently switched to puminerals 4-in-1 pressed mineral makeup . I bought it because I was looking for a compact gentle enough for acne prone skin. I tried this out and will not go back to bareminerals. Purminerals is amazing! This requires less product and provides more coverage. Purminerals has been great for my moderate acne and even reduces redness. You will not be disappointed!

Guest Heidi
Guest Heidi

Covers scarring PERFECTLY without concealer Feels really light on skin Super easy to put on none I use the 4 in 1 Pur Minerals on top of a primer. It's the BEST product I have ever used. I don't have many red pimples, but I do have dark patches on my skin from scars. With liquid foundations I have to stack on the concealer to cover the scars. With this product, it miraculously covers them with a light application. I've never been a fan of powders, but this was given to me for my birthday present so I gave it a go. I'm so impressed I'm never using another product again!

Guest Melissa
Guest Melissa

- Only one step - Smooth - Covers redness - Effortless - Does not cake - Matte The price. (But at least it works) Wow. If you're using Bare Minerals - throw it away, keep the brush and try purminerals. It's so easy to apply, only one step and it covers acne and redness while it stays on all day! I love it. Works best with a primer or some light moisturizer before hand.

Comments

Simple, easy to use Hides redness/discoloration easily Looks natural Matte finish All-natural, good for skin ingredients 4 products in one compact Price This is a great product. I went through many trial and errors with drug store foundations. I tried from powders to liquids and nothing seemed to be the one for me. I turned to more high-end cosmetics, which is a shot to the wallet, but I am convinced that it's worth it. This foundation covers what needs to be covered, makes existing acne less noticeable, looks incredibly natural, and is so easy to use. I have noticed an improvement in the way my skin looks and I am so excited to see if it continues to do wonders! I got it at ULTA in a starters kit which has foundation, bronzer, blush, and a brush. I love it and you will too!

Comments

-great coverage -hides redness really well -looks natural, not cakey -a little goes a long way! -very light, i cant feel it on!! -doesnt break me out -expensive, it's a high end brand -doesnt control shine for very long (i have oily skin) -i done like their brush, i use ecotools brushes i really like this! i used to use this daily two years ago, and i switched to bare minerals, hated it, and went back to pur and was so glad. it's very light and it covers very nicely! i've been using it with only moisturizer underneath, and i get shiny within just 2-3 hours. i bought the green pur minerals primer yesterday, i have yet to try it, but i'm hoping it helps! bottom line, this is a great powder for those with acne, it wont aggravate the skin. i just wished it controlled shine a bit better :(

Comments

Covers severe acne and redness dramatically. None The green primer is excellent for reducing redness. Followed with the foundation & bronzer. Doesn't cause break outs. I use a bare minerals concealer brush for spots. I used Bareminerals for 5+ years. I couldn't be happier about switching to Pur- the coverage is amazing!

Guest Rachel Cascio
Guest Rachel Cascio

Great coverage Excellent skin-tone match (better than liquid foundations I have used) Ideal coverage alone but have also used it over liquid foundation Doesn't make me break out Also available with SPF Isn't readily available at drug or grocery stores A little pricey Travel size that comes with the 4-piece starter kit gets used up quickly! A little concerned about keeping the brush clean This is the best foundation I've ever used including liquid and powder foundations. I'd highly recommend trying it-- I bought the four-piece starter kit in order to test the right shade for my skin tone. I have always used heavy amounts of liquid foundation in order to conceal my acne and to combat mid-day oil and shine, but Pur Minerals is good at making my skin look clear and stay clear, and keeps shine to a minimum.

Comments

Easy and quick to apply, good coverage, doesn't break me out, love the way it feels. None really- I worry about keeping the brush clean. Best foundation I've tried in a while. Doesn't cake or dry out like other mineral powders and isn't messy.

Comments

Excellent medium coverage for acne and scarring, not as messy as the other well-known brand, matte finish, easy to apply, works as foundation and concealer (use chisel brush to apply as foundation and utility brush to cover small, problem areas), looks and feels natural, has SPF 15, free of alcohol, talc, fillers, fragrance, parabens, etc. Not as good on dry skin, relatively expensive ($25), can only get at ULTA I went to ULTA to try the new Bare Minerals Matte makeup for my 14-yr-old daughter, who has moderate acne. We had been using the original Bare Minerals for some time. They were sold out of the color we needed, but an employee approached us and asked if we had tried Pur Minerals. It was on sale. She promised that the coverage was better and that it was a matte finish. She sat my daughter down and removed her makeup, and then re-applied with Pur Minerals 4-in-1 pressed powder. I was blown away by the difference in coverage. She has only been using it for a week, but so far it is not breaking her out, and in fact her skin looks better than ever. I have tried it on my older, drier skin and it does not look as good. I may try it again with a better moisturizer. My dd has oily, acne-prone skin and she uses Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel before we apply her makeup. We are very, very happy with this product.