Proactiv Solution Refining Mask Reviews

Proactiv Solution Refining Mask

Good mask bad system.

In high school I had no acne at all.. if I did get an occasional pimple I would use this and in the morning..gone. Since then, I've developed adult acne. Yay me! A year ago I thought to just give in and buy the proactive line before seeing a dermatologist. Only after a few days.. the line completely made my skin look awful, bumps everywhere!! But the mask itself can be quite helpful. Other than that, save your money with the line. I know more people with bad proactive experiences than good. Actually I never met someone with a good proactive experience. But I wish they would tell us the makeup they use on the commercials!

Comments

Been using this stuff for years

This is a staple in my acne regimen. I've been using it since I was 15, and I'm 23 now. I basically use it as spot-treatment and leave it on overnight. I've never actually used it as a "mask", and prefer to use it overnight. It can be very drying, though - so fair warning. If I use it too much on popped pimples, it will cause my skin to flake. It does dry up pesky small pimples that don't seem to go away, and I also use it on my bacne. If I don't have this stuff, I usually freak out. update: they changed their formula, but in my opinion, their new formula is better or just as good as the last, but it does have little "beads" for exfoliation.

Decent enough

I used to love this mask when I was younger. It worked very well as a spot treatment overnight. Unfortunately the rest of their line is awful and for the amount of money this costs there are tons of other mask options out there that work just as well or better.

Very Calming

I use a lot of Proactiv products. For some reason they just really work for me. I especially like this mask. I use this at least a couple times a week. I apply it to my entire face, and leave it on for ten minutes. You can also use this as an overnight spot treatment, but I've never tried that. The sulfur in this product really calms my skin down reducing angry redness. It also reduces oiliness. If you have very dry skin, you might not like this as much. However, it might work if you leave it on for say five minutes once a week.

Love it!

I have really oily and acne prone skin so I always apply this to my problem areas overnight. When I wake up the next day my acne is either gone or reduced in size. For warning it does dry out your skin but that actually helps me because it makes me not as oily.

Ebrows off fleek

I put on the cream and not noticing some how I got some of it on the top of my eye brow and when I washed the sulfur mask off it burnt my damn eye brow u guys could've said it burns hair like what the hell but other than that it cleared my face up a bit

burn my skin

I was so disappointed in this mask. It burned my skin and didnt help acne problem.(it made some of them BIGGER and more noticeable. SO not what I needed it to do). Its really hard to wash off without scrubbing my face red, and my face was all red and irritated!

Love it!!!

This mask is a 6% sulfur treatment, unlike most other topical acne treatments that use benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, and it worked really well for me. I found it worked much better for me when I put a dab of this on a blemish overnight. The pimple disappeared or decreased in size and inflammation, and if it didn't disappear, I would just do it again at night. Everyone has different skin, and even if you have sensitive acne prone skin like me, different things work for different people. Give it a shot though, and see if it works for you. This will dry out your skin a little, so make sure to moisturize, even if you have oily skin, because drying out your skin will urge your pores to create more oils to nourish your skin. Overall, this was an amazing product, although it does much more for your skin if you spot treat overnight with a dab of this mask. Hope this helps!

Its Not to bad

this product is the best im actually 13 year old boy i love this it reduces the redness on ur pimples and decreases them as well although it made my face super dry i use the green tea moisturiser but on my cheeks i have like somewhat black it breaks ur skin super dry :(

bro stop taking pictures with the dog face unless your gay.

LOVE this mask!!!

This mask is unbelievable. It has 6% sulur AND kaolin clay! O M G. The HG for getting rid of oiliness and pimples. Great to sleep in. Proactiv, PLEASE don't say it's discontinued!

I couldn't agree more! This is definitely on my list for skin Holy Grails. Just ordered 10 bottles on ebay.. Don't know what id do without it!

I love this product, I think they discontinued it though....

I use this product overnight and it really does a wonder in decreasing pimple size/ drying them out. Im scrambling right now though because I ran out of this product and can't find it anywhere except when you buy the $60 or $90 3 step proactiv package you'll then get the mini size. Proactiv is forcing the "new and improved" proactiv formula on us and I think it might be too strong for my skin. I want the original back and definitely need this mask..

Try the equate proactive knock off its only $11 and has the mask. It works just as good.

Refining mask

I have comb (dry/oily skin). I use the 3 step system every other day and then only use those for trouble spots. Putting it on as a mask dries my skin. Also, seeing from a few comments below...the 3 step system only helps for MILD acne. Does not help for severe.

Works overnight

Easy Gets rid of zits overnight Smooths skin A little smelly 3-Step Proactiv for me isn't enough... So I put this on overnight. It goes on easily and fries quickly... But it's a little smelly (not bad but not too good). It really gets read of some more noticeable zits and it's helps smooth my skin. I use it 2-3 times a week.

Comments

Probably the best proactiv product

Reduces redness/irritation Evens skin tone Makes skin feel smooth Smelly Time consuming to use Doesn't help a lot with whiteheads or blackheads Proactiv hasn't really worked very well for me, even though I continue to use it because it at least manages my acne when it gets really bad. I have moderate acne, and incredibly dry skin. I use this after I've washed my face in the shower (I'm lazy) and then apply it. It also helps if you take a towel and run it under hot, but not burning water and wipe your face for a few minutes first to help wipe away anything that might still be on my face and open my pores. I use a fairly thick later over my entire face about 2-3 times a week (or more if I'm breaking out pretty bad or I'm feeling less lazy) and leave it on from 15-45 minutes. It says to leave on for 10-15 minutes but I feel that it works better if you leave it on for longer. I'm a zit-picker (which I know doesn't help, trying to break the habit lol), so if I've been picking at my face or have any red, inflamed areas, it takes it away. It really does calm your face down quite a bit. I feel like my skin is more even toned and I think it helps heal my zits quicker, because they seem to go away a few days after, rather than sticking around for a week. It does kinda dry your skin out after rinsing it off, but you're supposed to use the revitalizing toner right after which helps. Using a moisturizer also is useful after using this product. So basically, if I'm breaking out a lot or half a lot of inflammation, it helps. It doesn't completely clear my skin, but it makes it look better. I do recommend this product, even though it's pretty stinky lol.

Perfect spot treatment

Works overnight! Helps my redness Clears and closes pores Honestly, the 3-step proactive system is bull honkey'” never worked for me, or a lot of people! This mask,however, is heaven sent. It is not for people who have very dry or brittle skin though, because it dries the skin out, that's how it works! I personally have medium to oily skin and tend to get a few bad pimples every month. I also have pretty bad black heads. I usually scrub my nose where most of my blackheads reside and put the mask in a thin later covering my nose. I go to bed, wake up, wash it off, and it's like my nose doesn't even HAVE pores. It sucks everything right out and closes the pores. I also put it on deep pimples to draw them out, or on the large painful ones to shrink them. It never dries my skin out because I do have oily skin. It also helps with my redness. I love using this overnight mask to treat problem pimples fast. My favorite acne product.

Can't live without it

Shrinks pimples. Reduces redness. Cheap compared to dept store brands. Drying if used over entire face. This is an amazing spot treatment. The instructions say to leave it on for 10 minutes. If I apply it to my entire face (I very rarely do) then I use it for about 20-30 minutes. This will help clear acne but it is very drying and usually results in a flaky face the next day. If I use it as a spot treatment, as I usually do, I will leave it on overnight and typically wake to a reduced pimple size and less redness. So, no, your blemish will not evaporate overnight, but it will be less noticeable. This is my must-have--I hate all other Proactiv products, but this one is a keeper.

Popular All-over treatments