Proactiv Solution Advanced Daily Oil Control Reviews

Proactiv Solution Advanced Daily Oil Control

Not strong enough

I don't have a lot of COMPLAINTS per se about this product. Other than I don't particularly like the company after having spent some time dealing with them. but that is another review, I guess. I got this because even though I was using some of their other products, I still found that I had extremely oily skin and my face was not clearing up like I wanted it to. Someone told me that if I added salicylic acid on during the day, that would add some extra zip to my treatment program. So I found this on their website and I followed their instructions to the T - even tried to apply it more than once a day but the oil didn't lessen at all. In fact, I found zero changes in my skin at all after nearly 30 days of using it, good or bad. With that, no need to be throwing more money down the drain! I figured maybe salicylic acid just didn't work on my skin and I should stick to benzoyl peroxide or other treatments. After this, I went to Retin A after my derm recommended it. OMG. What a mistake - I went out in the sun on a family vacation and my skin got absolutely fried. I have never been burnt like that in my life. So back to the drawing board with what products would actually help my skin and not hurt it. Finally, I when I was a girls weekend, one of my girlfriends was raving (again) about salicylic acid and how much it has helped her. I told her my story with Proactiv. She is a pretty experienced acne treatment shopper and basically just told me that it had to do with the brand, not the ingredient not being effective. All the other stuff that most companies add to their products makes the ingredients less effective. I tried her brand, Ninja, which she had been using for about a year with amazing results and I have to say, I am hooked now too. Salicylic acid can be extremely effective, it turns out, on my skin, when it isn't diluted with a bunch of other stuff. And ANOTHER thing that Proactiv never told me is that I should have been wearing sunscreen over any medication I use during the day. Agh. Sure wish their customer service was as informative as what I use now - could have saved me a LOT of grief over the years.

MAKES FACE SO SMOOTH!

I was expecting this product to dry out my face after putting it on, but it has actually smoothed out my skin. I don't have acne scarring but I do have pretty visible pores on my cheeks which have become less noticeable. The best part, and the reason why I love this product and know it is significantly reducing the oil production on my face, is the way my skin feels around my chin area under my bottom lip. Normally it's bumpy from oil accumulation and no matter how often I would exofliate that area, I felt like it was a place where I would have permanent blackheads, now it's never been smoother! -and stays that way all day! I will admit, at the end of the day my face is still "oily" but my skin is in much better condition, can't overstate that it's way smoother and definitely producing less pore clogging oil. LOVE IT.

Proactiv Daily Oil control works perfectly for me

first tie used and given 100% results very easy to use i recommend to all quite expensive Proactiv Daily Oil control works perfectly for me.it stays on all day long,even in hot and humid conditions of mumbai! It works great on it's own or even under my foundation. I have been using this product for about 3.5 years and am extremely happy with the results.Thanks proactiv, for keeping me fresh even during these hot summers.

Guest Jane
Guest Jane

helps control oil Pricey easy to waste (due to bottle) has to be reapplied a few times to achieve results good at oil control great when paired with rice paper/powder sheets for oil absorption

it is pricey. I think also that diet is very very very important and lviing a vegan lifestyle is the one thing that cured me. I used a holistic sulfur treatment for my skin. No need for the $$$ if you manage your life better and avoid things that disrupt your skin - it's an organ!

Keeps my skin not oily and usually if I don't use this product my face's is like shiny and if I rub my finger on any part of my face its like I rub my finger on butter. It slides of your finger very fast if you don't apply it quickly to your face.It really is pricey It works if you have oily face like mine or shiny and if you don't have skin like that then is pointless using it. for me I mean it works it keeps your skin nice but after a while you kind of have to add more but it is pricey.But bottom line it does what it suppose to do.

Guest Michelle
Guest Michelle

First month works awesome, matte tzone keeps skin fresh. Smell isnt bad and fresh feeling once applied to the skin. After a few months, my skin was use to this product and slightly helped with the shine but after about 2 hrs, my skin is oily and shiny, make up feels heavy, rubs, really doesnt do much. I find if you are a first time user this product will be fantastic I have very oily skin, one that leaves residue if rubbed against hands. My skin is extremely oily when i wake up and find that skin feels clogged throughout the day. I work full time and need to reapply make up twice a day properly and need to powder t zone about 4 times a day.

Comments

controls oil easy to use long lasting smells nice (: none, as far as i'm concerned I used this for 4 months, along with the rest of the proactive products and this was the only thing in my kit that i actually liked. I have combination skin, but in my t-zone area my face is VERY oily. I used this and my face was not oily at all. Even when i put makeup over it and wore it for a whole day it did not stop working.

Comments

controls shine for a few hours very lightweight smells good kinda pricey, but worth it stops working after while I used this product along with the entire Proactiv system for several years. I have extremely oily skin, in fact, I've never seen anyone with skin oilier than mine. It's unbelievable. Sometimes, I drip oil. Okay, now with that in mind, I used this product to try to control my shine during the day. For the first month or two, it worked miraculously. It kept my face virtually shine-free for about 8 hours or so. But after a while, it just stopped working. So I stopped using it for several months, and then started up again hoping that my face was no longer "used to it." From that point on, I just used it on special occasions, when I was getting dressed up and wearing make-up. It works well. Just doesn't work forever.

Comments

Controls oil; makes skin soft. None I have VERY oily skin, so it only helps with oiliness a little bit. I still get oil, but not as much. It'l take a few hours for my skin to oil up instead of right away. And I LOVE how it makes my skin so soft and smooth! I highly recommend this product for light to moderate oiliness, but even if you have heavy oil, like I do, this product can help to minimize it.

Guest Katie
Guest Katie

This product works wonders. I live in a dry climate, but I have an oily face. If I use this, my face doesn't get shiny and it helps with break outs. I just put my make up on top of it and it's perfect. The price is a bit high for a poor college student like myself, but it's worth it if you have a lot of oil. I definitely recommend trying it and seeing if it works on your skin. I go to Oregon and it helps, but I still get a greasy face after a while, but it still keeps it from happening right away. I highly recommend this product.

Guest TK-Guil
Guest TK-Guil

Really gets rid of extra oil. Helps get rid of blemishes. Easily incorporated into morning ritual. Really dries out face, Best use moisturizer. It works well....use it. I went from Sever acne to moderate.

Guest Ashley
Guest Ashley

N/a Made my face MORE oily, also dried out my face, overpowering smell, feels greasy, overpriced. I seriously wanted this to work, but unfortunately it didn't. Every morning that I have used this product, I could smell it while I was in class. It was basically seeping out of my pores. My face was much more oily and greasy when using this, yet at the same time dried out my skin horribly leaving my face oily, dry, and scaly with flakes all over. I am fair skinned and have adult hormonal acne with combination skin. Try at your own risk as many people seem to have success with this product, but if you have a similar complexion to mine, stay away from this garbage.

Guest Ashtin
Guest Ashtin

It really helps my slight shine disappear I don't really like the fragrance...but a lot of other people do. It's great. People that are usuing are not applying it to a clean face. The Directions say: On clean skin, apply a thin layer to entire face with fingertips. Allow to dry completely. For best results, use after Repairing Lotion. Not only does your face need to be clean but your HANDS also had to be clean too. So if you don't follow the directions specifically...DUH! It's not going to work silly!

Popular Oil-absorbing