Proactiv+ 3-Step System Reviews

Brand: Proactiv+

Proactiv+ 3-Step System

Didn't work for me

I have tried many ways to get rid of the acne on my chin where it is the worst and started to get desperate so tried proactiv+. It made my skin feel smooth and clean and cleared up the minimal acne on my forehead, I was impressed with how little you need to put on, but it did nothing on my chin, if anything it made it worst and actually made it hurt to the point where I had to stop using it. This product kind of works but only on very mild cases of acne so I wouldn't recommend. As I'm only a teenager I'm hoping this is something I will grow out of so I'm not overly bothered but I'm still disappointed that it didn't work as it would have been great to have something guaranteed to work like the ads say

Comments

Allergic to benzol peroxide, but still sold on ProActive+

I tried the kit for back acne without a proper patch test. After three days full on using ProActive+ I realised I was getting a really itchy, red and rough skin on my shoulders. I even tried it again two times, as I really wanted it to work. In the mean time, I was apparently automatically signed up for a new set every 3 months. When I called them about this, the reimbursed the newly send package and 25% of my first package as I did wanted to try out the products without benzol peroxide. Now one month later, I ordered more of the soap bar and moisturiser as they have significantly improved my skin!! Definitely a keeper, even if you are allergic to the benzol peroxide products :)

The Worst

I do not like this product or really this company. I started breaking out literally out of nowhere in my mid 20s when I had never ever ever had acne before. I didn't know what to do because in my teens, when everyone else in the world was going through it, I was crystal clear. The only thing I really had heard of was Proactive since I always saw it on TV. I gave them a call and was immediately pointed to this 'system'�. I hate re-occuring billing but they told me over and over that getting out of it wouldn't be a problem. Results were instantly BAD. My face started burning, slightly at first then after a week it was really burning when I put on the benzoyl. I gave them a call and they told me it was normal and I should continue to go through the cycle. My sheets started to stain which was ok and I have learned is normal with benzoyl but I wish they had told me before so I could have gotten white ones or ones I didn't care about! Finally around 3 weeks in, I saw my mom and she was shocked at my face. Not only had the product not worked at minimizing my acne but I was just totally red - like permanently sunburned. She convinced me that a product should not do this to my face and told me to call them and return it. That is where it got fun. They told me I could not return the product and I could only cancel after the next billing cycle. So basically because I was 3 weeks in, the next shipment had gone out and I was screwed. I put a stop payment on my credit card and returned the package to sender. Since then, I have gotten multiple harassing phone calls from the company urging me to consider coming back which is super funny since they didn't seem to want me when they had me. I did get less 'sunburned'�after I stopped using the product but my acne flared up even worse than ever. A lady from my mom's walking group told her about this company Ninja which I had never heard of. Told her that at the very least to call and they would tell me what was going on with my skin for free. I had nothing to lose and gave them a call, told them what had happened and they immediately and kindly diagnosed me with a severe sensitivity to benzoyl. Which no one NO ONE at Proactive had even brought up as a possibility. How the heck was I supposed to know that?! The lady I spoke with at Ninja told me that most people with this problem use either glycolic or salicilic (sp??) acids. She gave me zero pressure to buy their stuff but I was so impressed with her level of knowledge and willingness to talk to me for a real long time about my problems that I decided to give it a shot. I got the sulfur formula, which I guess is for people with bad acne like I had. And yes, that is in the past! 2 months in and I couldn't be happier. My skin is clear and NO thanks to Proactive. I was worried that I would stay 'sunburned'� forever but my face is back to its original color and I don't have pimples any more. No more stress. no more makeup. NO MORE MAKEUP'can you believe that?! Never thought I would walk out of my house without makeup!! Happy ending after a long search. That is the good news. The bad news is don't use proactive!

Clogs Pores

Normally I use the original Proactiv, but I thought I would give the Proactiv Plus a try. The products feel really great when you're using them. The moisturizer is especially rich and soothing. However, by day three, the pores on my nose and the butterfly wing shaped areas next to my nose were clogged. I was also starting to look a bit oily. Proactiv Plus would probably work for me, if I removed the moisturizer from my regime, and only used steps 1 and 2. But personally, I'd rather stick with the original Proactiv which works just as well if not better. It's also cheaper than the Proactiv Plus version.

Worked

I'm writing this in the hope that it'll encourage someone out there who was in my condition to buy proactive and put an end to their suffering, because that's what I did. I used to get daily pimples around my mouth and chin. Whiteheads that would get pretty large and hurt really bad. It hurt to eat and drink and move my mouth in basically any way at all, not to mention looking bad and really affecting my confidence. I'd tried every kind of acne medicine that I could, stuff I bought at wall mart, weird organic stuff that my mom's friends would suggest, everything. None of it worked. I'm a senior in high school and dealt with acne every single day until about 3 months ago, when my mom bought me a trial kit of proactive. I'd heard mixed things, that it would hurt your skin, that it didn't work and whatever. I was so desperate I would try anything at that point so I did. And the first few weeks are pretty rough I'll tell you now. I didn't break out as much as my skin just got really irritated and red. I would get pimples every now and then but by 2 or 3 weeks in I noticed they were less frequent. I also will say that it is absolutely necessary to buy and use a good moisturizer everytime you apply proactive. I use a Neutrogena oil free lotion in the morning and the proactive green tea mosturizer at night (I do really like the green tea one). Anyway I pushed through the dryness and the redness and eventually it began to be less and less irritated each time I applied it and my pimples became less and less frequent. Right now at 3 months in my face is the clearest it's been in years. It's been probably 3 weeks since I've had any type of pimple on my face. No pain, no insecurity. It's awesome. I didn't think I'd ever be here, but here I am. I also use the brush daily which I think is important. Anyway to anyone out there who has tried everything and is feeling hopeless, I strongly encourage you to at least try the sample thing of proactive. Use it all, don't stop until you have finished the sample and if you don't see results then you can try something else. It worked for me, and I really hope this encourages at least someone to try it. (as a tip if you do order it make sure you cancel the second order that they charge you for a month after your first order if you don't want it) thanks hope this helps.

Comments

LOVED this product, amazing follow up to Acutane treatment

Background on my skin type: I have had severe topical and cystic acne for over the past 10 years - acne that carried over from my early teen years into my 20s. I went through a round of Acutane, which of course, worked wonders, but Acutane only permanently cleared up my cystic acne while my topical acne quickly returned. I have naturally oily skin and I wear a full face of acne-solution make-up daily that also works to dry out my skin. I have tried everything under the sun to cure or at least maintain my topical acne, and Proactiv+ has achieved this for me. When I wake up in the morning after applying the 3-step process at night, the results are instant. My skin is tighter, zits from the night before have receded, and my skin looks much healthier. The only way I feel comfortable and confident NOT wearing make up is when I use this product - a struggle of self confidence I have faced for many years now. In summary: If your skin is naturally oily and can withstand products that will harshly dry you out, or if you have been through a round of Acutane already and your topical acne has returned (if you can handle Acutane, you'll have no problem with this product), I would highly recommend giving proactive+ a try. After I complete the 3 step process, I use Cetaphil moisturizer for sensitive skin to help prevent excess drying out of skin.

EXTREMELY DRYING

Do not waste your money with Proactive, it's all just good marketing. When I started using Proactiv+ I had a lot of pimples and after trying it for 4 months I saw little results. The biggest issue is it DRIED my skin out like crazy. Before I had very oily skin that I had to blot several times a day, after using Proactiv+ my skin became so dry, it felt very tight and like I was about to get wrinkles. I had to stop using it and it took a few weeks for my skin to go back to normal. It IRRITATES your skin more than helps it.

Didn't do the job

I loved the way this felt on my skin right after the first wash but that was about the only thing i like about these products. I have sensitive skin and the moisturizer seemed to irritate it. Also this dried out my skin so bad it was flaking off. It brightened my skin but didn't do much in terms of clearing it.

NEW PROACTIV IS THE BEST‼�

It's great and not to harsh on skin. I use it once a day and it's perfect fit me. You can go online and arrange you kit. You can chose when you want your next kit shipped. Use white towels'¼ï¸� This product bleached out towels. FACE FEELS GREAT AT FIRST USE.

Save your Money

BE CAREFUL when buying this product!! A year ago I wanted one kit- they automatically set me up to auto renew- I NEVER gave permission for them to charge my card $45 EVERY MONTH- I cancelled my account, took the time to mail a whole kit back and package it, with the promise of my refund- here I am 4 months later assuming it's in my account- IT ISN'T!! We're talking about $130 here- Holiday Gifts I couldn't buy!! I had to call and was told it was probably a "system error"- then I am told when they tried to process it it did not go through- WHY was it not tried again, or WHY was I not contacted? Because they got their product back AND my money, why contact me?! Then when I asked for a email confirmation of this "refund" I am told no- BUT I will be emailed a survey. What?! NOT HAPPY AT ALL. OH. And the product is basically everything on the shelves- just be sure to moisturize after using a good cleanser and you'll be fine like all of our ancestors have lived before us WITHOUT proactiv!! SAVE YOUR MONEY!!

Amazing

I have only ever used proactive plus. I have been battling with acne for 5 years, was on accutaine but my acne has since come back, it's quite moderate, one to two spots per day. I was about to try accutaine again u till I tried proactive plus. It has been AMAZING I have literally tried every product on the market plus medical treatments and prescriptions. It doesn't dry your skin at all, it has totally cleared up my acne I get about one spot per week rather than daily. It's cheap 19.99 a month is cheap for acne treatment! The customer service is amazing YOU can choose how often you receive products. My bottle once bursts and they sent me an entire three month pack as compensation 2 days later. I have since recommended this to two friends who both say it's amazing and it has done wonders for their skin. I would recommend it to anyone it's only £19 for the first trial and YOU have to unsubscribe.

Comments

My skin is clearer than ever

Like many people, I used the old proactiv three step in my early teenage years with no avail whatsoever. However, now that I'm in my early 20's and puberty is over my acne is not as stubborn nor chronic as it used to be. When my acne started coming back over the summer after my natural remedies stopped working my mom bought me the 30 day kit of proactiv plus. She urged me to try it for just a month to see what happened. So I did. Although my skin was dry and irritated, I saw a difference over night. My bumpy forehead was significantly less bumpy. After 2 weeks, many pimples from under the skin were starting to emerge, become whiteheads and go away. I've now been using for almost 3 months. As someone with dry, sensitive acne prone skin, I had to play around with the products to figure out how they worked best for me, didn't over dry or irritate and which ones to actually use. Once you do that you will most likely see great results! Current skin care using Proactiv Plus products: AM: Cleanse with Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and moisturize with Proactiv spf 15 moisturizer PM: Cleanse with Proactiv Exfoliator, apply Proactiv BP (3-4 pumps) and moisturize with the Acne.org Moisturizer Tip: Don't purchase the step 3, it is not a moisturizer, it contains .5% SA and if you do not have oily skin it will irritate you. Opt for a non-comedegenic moisturizer you know will work for you instead. I recommend the Acne.org Moisturizer as a night cream.

So far so good

I've been usin the 3 step System and it works. At first I was to sceptical, I was using onle one produt at the time, and on a part of my face: chin, one cheek, neck, forehead, bla bla. I had some hyperpigmentation marks and they'been fadind away, and my skin looks better. Im still sceptical 'bout it, im only using the products at night, where i live its very hot and sunny and there's a lot of dirt on the air. Im gonna post again if something bad happens.

Comments

Proactiv not compassionate if trying to get pregnant

I bought a clear zone body lotion back on November 20, 2014 from mapleview mall in Burlington, Ontario. And I found out through my fertility doctor that salycylic acid which an inhibit my chances of pregnancy. I called the kiosk and the lady was not compassionate at all to my situation. She just said sorry nothing we can do. I explained to her that the seal on the bottle was not broken and I had not used it and that I had my original receipt. I explained to her that all I was looking for was to pay the difference in getting a oil free moisturizer. She didn't care at all. I have been using proactiv plus for a few years and don't feel that because I'm trying to get pregnant that I should be penalized, especially since I will be paying more for the oil free moisturizer. I'd appreciate it if customer service could help me on this one. Thank you

Terrible product

We used proactive+ on my teenage daughter's skin for 3-4 months. At first we thought we saw minimal improvement. My daughter had little to no acne scarring when we started this product. Now her skin looks worse, horrible acne scarring(she used it twice a day as called for and never picks at her face),no improvement in acne. We cancelled and are seeking help from a dermatologist to fix what they messed up. Stay as far away from this product as you can!

btr

Best for me, no contest

I've tried everything pharmacies have to offer and nothing works as well as the original Proactiv forumla. I tried switching to Proactiv+ a couple of weeks ago and started breaking out on my chin for the first time since I started using Proactiv in 2011. I'm eagerly awaiting my next shipment of the original formula to come in the mail and am never going to look back.

new to proactiv plus

As i am new to proactiv plus , its making my skin look very dry n its peeling..also i feel new pimples popping up...cud u plz suggest me whether its normal n also help me out with a gud moistrizer. Thnkyu

Adam Levine doesn't know what he's talking about -- Proactiv+ is a bad idea

I've been using Proactiv for about 3 years. I virtually had flawless skin after using it for 6 months. However, early this year I started breaking out. I tried Proactiv+, as it claimed to be improved and better for your skin (I have sensitive skin), but my acne got worst. I now have scarring and 2-3 new pimples every morning. I canceled the product & the rep tried to sell me other products in the process. I don't know what to do now. I never had acne in puberty, but now I have breakouts in my early 20s. I've tried over the counter products, including Panoxyl (10% benzoyl peroxide), and even a $30 kit from France. Trusting products that are endorsed by celebrities obviously isn't beneficial. I will be trying acne.org's products before I turn to a dermatologist for a prescription.

Comments

Initially helped clear up a bit, but made it WORSE after 8 weeks!

I'm 25 and have had acne for 15 years. Yes, my first pimple was when I was 10 and I started breaking out when I was in middle school full force in 7th grade, so I've tried it all (antibiotics, facials, topicals, even Accutane twice). I even first tried Proactiv in high school and thought since I'm older now it could work. Recently, I tried Proactiv+ . Now, I know on the site they disclose in FAQ that nodular/cystic should get professional attention, and Proactiv+ will likely not help. Although I have nodular acne, I also still have black and whiteheads I'd hoped it would take care of. I was hoping to at least clear some of the tiny, petty bumps and little breakouts after I stopped the oral antibiotic prescription I'd been on and wanted a way to keep my face under control. At first it did rein in the redness and some developing acne WITHIN A DAY! Wow, was I excited! Then midway through my second kit, my jawline and cheeks went CRAZY. Nodular as well as whitehead acne all over the place!!! Embarrassing! Even with reduced amount of product use, it made my skin feel dry and itch. Today I saw my dermatologist and will be trying antibiotics again since they worked pretty well and I guess I just can't live without them since it's probably my genetics and/or hormones. I can't risk scarring and embarrassing break outs anymore. And when it's your face you're dealing with, you need a product to work in a timely manner! I cancelled Proactiv+ today, and I wish it worked out. I recommend to anyone with similar issues as me to go on antibiotics/oral prescription drugs. Good luck to you all and save your time and emotion from Proactiv+! 2 stars because it helped in the beginning, but in the end, Proactiv+ Solution was NOT a solution:(

Made my skin worse,

I bought proactiv+ with confidence knowing I would be under a money back guarantee if I didn't like it. I ordered the Teen kit. First off, they don't even offer a shipping address option. My billing and shipping addresses are different. I live in SC and my package got shipped to my parents place in Ohio! Customer service claimed they couldn't make any changes even after an hour of me ordering. Finally after my mom re-mailed the package to me in SC I was excited to start the kit. First off, I used this everyday for a whole 30 days. I used the body bar for my back once a day with my shower. I used the 1/2/3 step products after I got out of the shower. During this 30 day period. I NOTICED NOTHING! and it looked like it was making my face worse. My back was clearing up, but very slowly. The products were too harsh for my face no matter the reformulation of proactiv+ so I QUIT and went all natural with the Oil Cleansing Method and organic Apple Cider Vinegar toner. After I stopped using Proactiv+ I got some cystic acne on my back, like 2 giant pimples on each shoulder blade. They were painful, but I let them be and after a week they were gone. DO NOT use proactiv+ because, 1. the products could potentially make your skin WORSE because of all the benzoyl peroxide and chemicals in the products. 2. Even after the 60 day trial you won't get your money back until 4-6 weeks later....And even then who know what proactiv+ customer service will say. I just better get my $40 back

Me too!! Mine got worse!

A HUGE REGRET

I have tried drugstore products that work better than this!! My face, chest, and back have seemed to have gotten worse than before I started the Proactiv Plus and the cost is absolutely ridiculous for the crap that it claims to do! And I have tried so hard to cancel my service after they charged me TWICE for ONE SHIPMENT of a box. SO MAD ABOUT THIS. WILL NOT GO BACK TO PROACTIV EVER AGAIN.

Tell your bank about the extra charge. When businesses have done that to me, my bank has given me the $ back regardless of whether they could contact the company or not.

Horrible!!

I have tried the original Proactiv and the Proactiv plus. They both did not work at all! Not to mention the cost is ridiculous for what it doesn't do. The only thing it did do was burn and ruin my skin. If anything it gave me more breakouts because my skin was so irritated. It made me feel terrible!! Thankfully I gave up on it and my skin is slowly recovering and clearing with more natural products. You do not have to feel a burn for a product to work!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON PROACTIV!!!!

Popular All-over treatments