Plexion Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%) and Sulfur (5%) Cleanser Reviews

Brand: Plexion

Plexion  Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%) and Sulfur (5%) Cleanser

Okay, But Probably Not Great for Sensitive Skin

My dermatologist gave me this cleanser to help with my moderate acne; however, it was a bit too harsh for my skin and I couldn't use it for longer than a couple weeks at a time (using it only every night). Just irritated my skin and left it dry and flaky. Also didn't do a spectacular job of clearing blemishes, so not really worth it for me.

Comments

Cloths are best for acne spots

Where are the cleaning cloths? I started laser treatments several years ago but stopped because they were expensive. I had dozens of towels left over. It was then I realized it was the Plexion towels, not the laser treatments, that was clearing the spots on my face. I searched high and low for them and my doctors had never heard of them. Then internet quality increased and I discovered they were discontinued. I sure hope they brought back the cleansing cloths. The medication plus the abrasiveness of the cloths help to start fading my spots.

Try OTC Medicated Sulfur Soap 10% by Joesoef Skin Care Dermatologists Dispensed

Plexion no longer accepted by insurance, my dermatologists recommended trying $9 Sulfur Soap 10% by Joesoef Skin Care this soap is anti bacterial, anti fungal and antiseptic and it works. its available online [link removed] for best results use warm water and work the soap into a rich foamy lather, allow 60 seconds before rinse. This soap is 100% effective for Acne, All Dermatitis, Rosacea, fungus, Bacteria, Tinea Versicolor and more. a must try $9 alternative....So glad i found this soap

Amazing!

controls acne and breakouts affordable with insurance may leave some flakey skin in some areas expensive without perscription Rx only If you suffer from breakouts and if your acne is moderate to severe, I highly recommend this product It really helps my skin and it keeps my acne under control. I have less breakouts.. the only reason I breakout is because my period will start soon, but that's it. It's unfortunate that it's only available as an Rx. I don't have insurance anymore, so I can't afford it now. Will have to try sulfur products as a substitute.

Miracle cleanser!

Works amazingly Easy to use and no side effects Missing a dose on occasion has no negative effects You become immune to it after 5-10 years Expensive but worth every penny My acne began in high school and over the counter medications didn't really work for me, so I suffered from moderate to severe acne, definitely affecting my self-esteem in those critical years. Finally, in college I was prescribed Plexion cleanser and it worked miracles for me. My skin became clear and beautiful pretty quickly and one cleanser would last me 6 months, so I didnt mind forking out the money for the prescription, even though I didnt have insurance. Unfortunately, 8-10 years later this cleanser stopped working, but for the time it worked, which was a very long time, it was amazing!

User74659

A good cleanser for taking off makeup Made my skin feel clean Good packaging Lathers well Smell bad (sulfury) I used the cleansing cloth version of this and really liked it while I was on it. Used with differin gel and minocycline (on and off). The cloths were packaged well and I usually tore them in half and got 2 uses out of them. They lathered really well and were great for taking off my makeup. They always made my skin feel clean and I feel like they did a good job of getting rid of excess oil. Only con is that they reeked of sulfur (which of course is an active ingredient))!

Guest jhon
Guest jhon

Worked miracles for 5 years Got immune to it after 5 years. It worked a long as time. At most, I had 1 or 2 pimples at a time, but for the most part, I was 100% clear. Unfornately, all the sudden I got immune. Sucks.

Guest Jerry
Guest Jerry

I was given a tube of plexion to try. After the first use, I noticed my face to feel cleaner, but there was no immediate improvement. After three days of use, there was some peeling and dryness, and I noticed there were no new beakouts, just healing of the acne that was already there. After six days, I stopped using it for three days to see if there was any "after effect" and I can honestly say my skin is 100% zit free. I am going to continue using it every other day. Leave it on for 5 min. The brown color is kind of a turn off. I Didnt notice any smell. I recommend it. Works waaaay better than proactive.

Guest joe
Guest joe

-sheds off top layer of skin -helps reduce oil -it feels smooth & foamy when applied -works better when left on till dries -mom says my face smells like matches although i cant smell it,prob cus im used to it -it can be expensive without insurance -try to avoid eyes cus it stings obviously and when i used it as a spot treatment it got in my eye and woke up from it stinging for about 2 min =) its a good product and ive benefieted well off of it and ive been using it for 2 months,but still have breakouts every now and then but it helps control it from getting out of hand..:)

Comments

Works really well. I have tried so many topicals (Differin, Tazorac, Klaron lotion, retin-a, proactive) and so far this works the best. It does not dry out my skin, or leave it feeling greasy. It also does not cause redness which is a problem that I've had with other topicals. I use this in conjunction with keflex and so far so good. Hopefully this will save me from having to use accutane Smells bad (doesn't bother me that much), expensive even with insurance. Pharamacist told me that a lot of insurances do not cover it. Would recommend highly. If moderate to severe acne, best to use in conjunction with either an antibiotic or birth control pill if acne is hormonally influenced.

Comments

Works pretty fast smells kinda bad at worst it dried my face out really bad. i only use it where the acne is. i saw my face clearing up in as little as 2 days. i use it in the morning and at night. i got this at costco for 4.00

Comments

works very quickly, easy to use, no hormones or antibiotics, no sun sensitivity smells slightly bad, expensive i love it, and continue to get it through my mother and sister's prescriptions [because i no longer have a doctor or insurance!]. it's amazing.

Guest Nancy
Guest Nancy

Works well immediately Not covered by my new Rx plan. Don't know the cost or if I will be able to afford it. I like this product. I use it with a generic form of Metrogel and my skin has a lot less redness and feels smooth and soft.

Guest stephen
Guest stephen

works fast, when needed. dont know long term effects(if breakouts occur) i use this when my face gets red and it calms it down alot, i put it on the morning following my face medicine prescribed by my doctor which is a topical gel. so i can get through the day with out being red. and no breakouts or anything

Comments

Works very well as a spot treatment (if I use it on my whole face, it tends to get red, flaky and irritated). Seems to clear up breakouts pretty fast-within a few days. Very bad smell! Sometimes doesn't work, especially with hormonal, cystic pimples (the ones deep under the skin.. these are pesky) This is a good cleanser, but only if you don't have sensitive or dry skin. It tends to cause my face to turn red, burn and get flaky if I use it everywhere, or more than once a day. It's a great spot treatment for me. The best I've found so far. I usually moisturize my face and then spot treat the pimples I am trying to get rid of with Plexion.

Guest PR
Guest PR

Great for my skin after years of facial acne. Had a breakout on upper back that I never had before, then I tried Plexion - ALL GONE PRICE without insurance Incredible but am looking for either generic or a trip to mexico because at $150 I just can't afford to continue it.

Guest Stephanie
Guest Stephanie

This cleanser helps remove oil from pores It stinks. It contains sulfur and smells like sulfur. Generic Prascion. This product is an okay cleanser. I have been using it for a month. I think that it is a gradual exfolliate so every two weeks, it seems like it reveals a new layer of skin. I just really hate the smell of it so I use a scented moisturizer to mask the scent of sulfur. My derm has me using this cleanser twice a day. In the morning, I am to follow with a moisturizer and Aczone 5% and in the evening, I apply Tazorac cream topically. I've only noticed a slight improvement thusfar.

Popular Topical