PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Aquagel Reviews

Brand: PanOxyl

PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Aquagel

Really saw an improvement

I have tried a lot of over the counter products and this one is my favorite. Most of the time when I try new products it will start working and then my old problems would come back, this one consistently works. I do not use it daily anymore, now it is a once a week clean

Comments

Clears up skin Very inexpensive Does not smell Very cumbersome having to apply every night. Cannot apply foundation over it very well. I initially used the 2.5% strength which cleared me up around 80%. I switched to 5% because I couldn't find the 2.5% and found it clears me up about 97% which for me is brilliant. I have tried everything including Roaccutane and this is the only thing that works. At first I used it both morning and evening and initially it does burn your skin and make it incredibly dry. However after a couple of weeks this clears up and keeps acne at bay. I now only apply it at night after cleansing and before applying moisturiser. I don't apply as much as Dan recommends in his regime, maybe a finger length for my whole face I find it doesn't bleach my clothes or bedsheets. I find it cumbersome applying this every night and waiting for it to dry before applying moisturiser but I've accepted I have to do this if I want clear skin! Maybe one day I won't have to use it but it's been over 3 years and my skin still can't cope without it. It does work amazingly well and I only get spots now and again, mainly around my period or when I don't remove my make up properly for whatever reason. Highly recommended. It's becoming increasingly difficult to get this in the UK though and I'm worried about how much longer it'll be before they stop manfucturing this.

Guest Adarsh Punjabi
Guest Adarsh Punjabi

It really works!! I promise when you start using this product, you will rarely see pustules on your face or in other words, those white, ugly pimples on your pace. It kills the bacteria by providing oxygen and that stops those white pimples coming out. you will have some redness on your face left, but redness is fine than ugly white pimples. I think, there are not cons necessarily!! May dry out skin a little bit, but drying is the major reason to kill the bacteria. Use this facewash one time and specially when you sleep. Use moisturizer in the morning. Best moisturizer i know is cetaphil If you have those white ugly looking pimples. Don't worry, start using panoxyl and you will see results in the week. It will not cause you to breakout. some redness will be left behind but that's normal until your ugly pustules go away. Gently massage this product on your face for 2 minutes. Use only one time and specially before you go to the bed.

Guest Liz
Guest Liz

Reduces spot size Free from doctors Horrid smell Bad side effects Doesn't make skin look better Flakes off This product did not improve the look of my skin as my skin became irritated and red however it does shrink the spots.

Comments

- Gel Base - cheap! - comes in good sized tube! - water base vs alcohol - Grainy - 5% can be over drying - sticky when putting on and throughout the day - doesnt mix well with moisturizer so its 5% and we all know BP is drying, and this one is no different so im not going to complain about side effect associated with BP. It has a grainy texture, its difficult to spread around, it feel sticky when you put it on and throughout the day(if u dont moisturize) when apply moisturizer you have to apply alot as because the face is so sticky it doesnt allow the moisturizer to spread around easily!! but it comes in a good sized tube, its in a water base, its gel form, and its cheap so 3.75 stars. i will continue to use it unless i find something that spreads easier and similar size/value

Guest awesome person
Guest awesome person

- Works really well in the first couple of months - Easy to apply - Makes any bad breakouts disappear within a couple of days - Dries skin a bit - After a while skin becomes immune to it, but still helps a bit however not as good as it was in the first few months. I only use this at night, just apply on acne before bedtime and then wash off in the morning. You just have to remember to exfoliate and moisturise as it makes your skin a little bit dry especially if you apply a lot. I started with the 2.5%, then moved to 5% and then moved to 10%. If its your first time buying this then DO NOT buy 10% straight away as your skin isn't used to it, the benozyl peroxide will dry your skin out. So start with 2.5% unless you have quite bad acne then start with 5. Panoxyl is probably the most effective acne product I have used I really recommend it :) It's way better than Benzac AC which I used to use, it is much more effective and works heaps faster. ;)

Comments

Gel, doesn't reappear Handy tube Affordable Visible results within a week Very strong Turns skin red and peels Still itchy and achy hours later Bleaches clothes This is worth your money. It is 5% BP so use it carefully. I applied it just at night for the first two weeks and then moved to doing it twice a day, with just the spots in the morning, most of my face at night. It's working quite well, I can see a difference, and so far no more breakouts of inflamed acne. Doesn't seem to do much for blackheads but has decreased the size of my two nodules. You must use a good moisturizer and wash really well with water before reapplying. It dries out really fast. My moisturizer has been aloe vera.

Guest Len
Guest Len

The best over the counter wash there is for average to somewhat moderate acne....Use it when your face gets oily and at least twice daily...Make sure you wash it in well and rinse in warm water but don't rub it off with a towel when drying..Costs about $10 at Wal Mart...For severe acne,you really will need medical help with some form of oral antibiotic.. Dries the skin after a period of use..Do not use moisturizers with it at all !!!! The best OTC item on the market...

Guest tayy
Guest tayy

closes my pores for a while..not greasy drys out your face veryy badly!! i used this product for a week straight every morning and night. I didnt think my skin would get so dry! i woke up one morning with dry skin all around my mouth..i couldnt smile or laugh! i looked like an old women..i would put creams on but it would only burn..iv tried everything but nothing seems to work. I thought panoxyl would work but all it did was dry out my face to the extreeme. im now trying a home remedy..aloe vera gel straight from the plant..im praying that it will work!! i only use panoxly when i feel as if my face is greasy..it then doesnt dry out my face just feels refreshed!

Comments

- Works and works fast! - Dries out skin, so not for daily use.. give your skin breaks from this product. - Bleaches clothes!!! Be careful! I love that this is a prescription this way it cost me nothing. It works thats another reason I love this product. I dries fast and good to put on before bed. If your just starting to use it its best to slowly apply it and not use it everyday until you feel your skin is used to it. Because it could end up drying out your face and you'll end up peeling. I had this happen when I first started using this product years ago but now I have no problems with drying at all. I can use it daily with no irritation! So give your skin time to get use to this product.

Guest Tisha
Guest Tisha

My acne didn't have to go through that faze of "getting worse before it gets better"... like with most acne products. It has been nothing short of a miracle for me personally. I haven't found any. I did not have a problem with it drying out my skin too much (I read that some readers did have an issue). I wash my face twice a day and moisturize once in the morning prior to putting on Bare Escentuals. I know that everyone's skins is different... but for me this has been a wonderful find! I saw it at Walgreen's one day and decided to give it a try. I have tried MANY different prescriptions, ProActive (twice), Murad and various over the counter face washes, scrubs, gels, masks, etc. I use the 10% wash (not the bar)

Guest Adam
Guest Adam

Appears to work for some people The 10% face wash permanently damaged my skin. Used it for a week in conjunction with the BP cream. After a week, used it in the shower for the last time and came out with odd marks all over my nose. Looks like my skin peeled in certain places and not in others--like I stripped certain parts of a tan. Never went away, a year later. Hard to notice unless in certain lighting. Also resulted in broken blood vessels.

Guest Annie
Guest Annie

used the 10% bar with 10% topical gel- completly cleared my skin, inexpensive, easy to use very drying- had to use eucerine creme as moisturizer every time i washed my face which made it more oily (but clear!), bleached towels, bedsheets, and clothes if you're looking for an inexpensive way to treat moderate acne, i recommend this product. i used the 10% bar along with the 10% topical gel am and pm for 2 years. although it completly cleared my skin, it was harsh and really dried it out. the only moisturizer that worked was eucerine creme which i applied over the topical gel am and pm. that made my skin oily so i did have to use oil sheets and reapply my powder a few times throughout the day. overall i was very happy with the results from this product :)

Guest Obscurebird
Guest Obscurebird

Smooth and clear acne free skin A slight dry, chapped feeling but hardly noticeable after putting on a moisturizer. I've tried other highly recommended cleansers that leave my face feeling like it has a plastic shield on.. this will not dry out your skin like that, just moisturize! Great product. I've been trying everything and recently stopped using sulfur soap after it failed to clear up my skin. Like many of the other reviews said, I saw results in two days. It was really incredible because usually I have to wait weeks of following an elaborate regimen to finally get clear skin. For those that also have blackheads, they have not been totally cleared. But I was mainly concerned about having red acne all over my face, especially on my cheeks. I still have some minor scarring but my breakouts are gone! My skin looks and feels healthy. I'm still amazed that this has been at the drugstore all the years I've been spending money on wasteful creams and lotions. I urge people of all skin types to go out and give it a shot!

Guest Courteney
Guest Courteney

Helps acne clear up in the first month It stops working after a month and just dries your skin out... I got more zits after a month! I was soooo happy to use this product until it stopped working. Now I'm really dissapointed... I don't feel like anything is working anymore and I guess I'm just going to stay with acne for my whole life! VERY dissapointed. I'm glad it worked for everyone else but it didn't clear up my acne.

Guest Leslie
Guest Leslie

Its awesome works better than ne thing ive ever used, acne was almost gone..... till bourt 2 weeks later i got red raised splotches all over my cheeks and it now looks like i have acne worse trhen i ever have! if u dont have sensitive skin i guess ull be ok

Guest ayanna
Guest ayanna

efficient, cleared my skin quickly, inexpensive, slightly drying if you do not use a moisturizer I have tried everything including Proactiv, ProActiv Extra strength, Retina-A micro, topical prescription Tazorac, and Benzaclin amongst other face washes including Murad Acne, which have never cleared my face completely for at least one week straight.. So far the Panoxyl has cleared my skin completely along with my back and chest leaving my skin clear, smooth , soft and beautiful. I use the Panoxyl 10% bar soap for my face, back and chest, then a toner, then put on Panoxyl 10% treatment foam on my face, back and chest followed by a light moisturizer as needed on my face.

Guest Kyle
Guest Kyle

works very well and pretty quick. dries face and vurns during first usage and should where sunblock and moisturizer daily if u want your acne to go away or get less this is the product to use

Guest Sarah
Guest Sarah

It works incredibly well and very quickly. It cleared up by acne within a few days of use. I have been using it every day or every other day for over a year now and it has never failed me, as long as I use it consistently. Dries out skin a little too much at first, especially because I used it like three times the first day (bad idea) but after awhile your skin will learn to tolerate it. I recommend using a moisturizer with sunscreen in it. I LOVE this product! I have tried every other acne gel, face wash, pills, masks, EVERYTHING, but nothing has worked this well. I'm surprised it's not more popular-- I have a hard time finding it here, not because it sells out, but because a lot of places don't seem to sell it. Or, if I do find it, it's all the way pushed to the side on the bottom shelf. Probably because the packaging is "boring" looking, but that doesn't matter because the product is worth every cent.

Guest Katie
Guest Katie

Just wow. I have very bad body acne, and within a week it's started to clear up. The acne on the most oily parts of my face are gone, and makes an oily face drier. Sometimes gets face too dry. In the normal parts of my face, a lot of peeling, and some redness. Made right near my nose a little scaly. All you need to do is get a good moisterizer. Also, it was hard to dispense at first. PanOxly is a life saver. Nothing ever worked for me as well as PanOxly. I wouldn't recommend it for your face...but defintely the body. It does clear up the face some, with a small sacrifice of your skin peeling a little, but it didn't cause any damage to my body. Overall, I love this product. PanOxyl and I defintely have a future ahead of us.

Guest jonathan
Guest jonathan

works effectively if used correctly can cause irritation nd peeling ok if u want this product to work correctly u have 2 use consistenly day nd night, be very gentle when lathering on the skin, and i noticed the longer u lather the more of a possibily of reddening or iirritating rash, so lather for 20-30 sec, plus i use cetaphil daily mosturizer, which i think is the best beacause it hydrates all day nd is non-comedemic, no fragnance nd jusst the best go cop it! nd if going in the sun use a good sun block like olay spf-15 , its non comedemic so it will not block pores--hope this helps like it helped me!!

Popular All-over treatments