PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Bar Reviews

Brand: PanOxyl

PanOxyl  Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Bar

User555318

BE CAREFUL THIS IS DESTRUCTIVE

If I can help prevent what happened to my face from this product for even one other person, I will feel good. I used this product on moderate acne, mostly whiteheads and some pustules. I became obsessed with the idea of making my skin peel to regenerate new skin and cover up the bumps, so i overdosed on this fiv times last year with a few months in between each use. I should have known to stop when my face got so tight that i could not smile or eat, and i was getting terrible wrinkles around the eyes. the last time i used it, for hyperpigmentation on the sides of my face, it made them deep purple and swollen, and six months later theya re still all purple and red! although this discoloration has faded a lot, my face is destroyed in these areas.also, i now have crepey and crinkly skn on my forehead from this product if you look up close in certain light. my forehead skin has been permanently dry and wont produce oil, yet i am still getting zits. be careful if you use this, do NOT overdose! do not keep it on for a long time and do not repeat it several times each day. do not hurt yourself liek i did. worst decision of my life.

BP or Sulfur for Acne?

I started using this soap and it worked in the beginning however my skin didn't react well to BP. So my Dermatologist recommended using a different active ingredient such as sulfur. He suggested using Joesoef Skin Care Sulfur soap 10%. After the first day I can see and feel the difference in my complexion. It's been 3 weeks now and my break outs have diminished even during my pms which is amazing. I've also added into my skin regimen their Joesoef Acne Sulfur 6.6% drying lotion, which I use as a spot treatment targeting my break out areas. I leave it on overnight for maxium affect. These Sulfur products are a must have and worth every penny. I haven't been back to my Dermatologist in months.

Unexpected Miracle

I had used it all, heard of it all. I was 12 when I started breaking out and had been suffering with moderate acne for years. I used Proactiv only to break out even more. I used birth control pills, various creams recommended by the dermatologist, oral medications, and many face washes. Neutrogena face washes did work for a while, but I always relapsed after a while of using it. I went to the dermatologist a few months ago, excepting the same old diagnosis and treatment. I didn't think much of Panoxyl, thinking it was just like every other soap I had been recommended. After just a week of use, my face was clearing up more than it had ever cleared up using various products at once. Now I am completely clear after years of struggling thanks to one sole product I hadn't thought much of. I am still left with acne scars, but this soap definitely did the trick for the acne itself. GIVE IT A CHANCE!

A savior

I went to see a dermatologist after spending much time and money on various products and methods. I tried everything under the sun including ProActiv +. Proactiv + worked on my face but did absolutely nothing on my chest and back. I even tried the Proactiv body wash and the cystic acne just laughed at me and spread. I finally went to see a dermatologist and he told me that the back acne and chest acne I have is rooted too deep for topical stuff to really address. He put me on minocycline anti-biotic and told me to use PanOxyl bar on my chest and back. I really don't know which helped the most, but this double barreled treatment method worked for me. I was really down in the dumps because it sucked not wanting to be seen with my shirt off out in the sun. This combo helped me a lot mentally and physically as odd as that may sound.

Guest Lillia-Sage (Lily-Sage)
Guest Lillia-Sage (Lily-Sage)

.....to tell you the truth, none. Other than the 'okay' price and how it did dry out some pimples. Dries out skin! Need to moisturize! Causes immense irritation and redness Didn't help a lot in the long run. Didn't help with blackheads :c Not a very good product. Ruined sensitive areas on my face. The price is okay but could be better. My face dried out a lot and flakiness and peeling set in. Blackheads stayed!!! Not a gentle choice. Really, not worth it.

Comments

Cheap None Im 13 and was struggling with acne on my back and chest for about a year. I tried a bunch of different products and nothing worked until I tried panoxyl. It cleared up my skin and completely stopped new break outs!

Comments

- works wonders - cheap -can be drying I want to start off by saying that I suffered for years with back acne. I tried everything... Apple cider vingar, lemon juice, sycilic acid, doctor tablets, everything. Nothing ever worked for me. After doing years of research I realized why my back was so hard to treat. The back is a very thick layer of skin that needs strong products. I strted using pan oxyl 10% and I wax sure it wouldn't work. After a week of my skin feeling extremley dry and getting worse breakouts it finally started to work. After my skin got used to it, it's now completley clear. I had the worst back acne you could imagine too. I would recommend starting off the first week using it once a day and leaving it on for 2 minutes. After that use it twice a day and leave it on for 3 minutes each time. Please try this product. Only thing that works because it's so strong.

Guest Susi
Guest Susi

Low Cost, recommended by my Dermatologist, same stuff as pricey scripts. Hard to find however, now it is available in a tube and I was hesitate at first but really like the wash too. (and the ingredients in the wash match that of a very costly script) It isn't on the shelf in the store you have to ask the pharmacy for it at least in my location. Try this brand before spending on more pricey prescriptions. It is the same as stuff costing way, way more money. No awful smell etc. it does bleach your wash cloth but I just have a few set aside to use with it. I wish I would have had this stuff years ago.

Comments

clears acne fast works on both pimples and blackheads cheap none =) I used this as a teenager to help with my body acne; then when I got pregnant and was having major body acne problems I started using it again. It is AMAZING! It totally cleared my back up super fast and I didn't have any of the huge zits I'd been having. I recently ran out and have definitely noticed a difference in my skin. I can't wait until it gets restocked on the shelves! =)

Guest Christy
Guest Christy

works great. gets rid of oil. only product I'll ever use again Didn't dry out my skin. This is the only product that has helped my acne. They also make a foaming face wash in %10 strength, but I don't think it works as well as the bar. I love this stuff, it's currently unavalable until September for reformulation. I can't wait, because I'm completly out =/

Guest Abbey
Guest Abbey

Clears skin 1 bar lasts long time Cheap Drying This is all I use for acne management. I thought I had tried everything on the market for acne, but could never get rid of my cysts. Well, one day I went to the urgent care for pink eye, and while I was there the doctor saw my face and just wrote me a script for acne. She also said to wash with benzoyl peroxide. Needless to say I tried the bar. For having a sensitive face, my skin does well with this product. I occasionally get the one cystic acne (especially during my cycle) but it is not all over my face as previously. This bar is drying so I only use it once every other day (and use a bar of Aveeno on my "off" days to remove makeup. It has caused my skin to itch at first, but that was quickly remedied by a good moisturizer (Aveeno Ultra-Calming). I use this bar in the shower to avoid unnecessary bleaching of clothing, and I pull my hair back also. I am greatful to the LORD ALMIGHTY to have a product that works so well. Rather than be fustrated I actually get comments on my clear skin from customers at work. btw for those of you who have noticed that this product is no longer on the shelves, I called the manufacturer and they are just switching plants, and it should be available again in or around September. In the meantime feel free to do what I did is called several Walgreens (or any store) and stock up!

Guest Shelly
Guest Shelly

This is THE best stuff ever. I've tried everything and it's the only thing that keeps my skin clear. It doesn't burn, chap or dry. Bleaches towels and clothes on contact, so use an old towel, or white/beige, just for face washing. Really disappointed this soap has become increasingly difficult to find. Now they have discontinued it. Now what? I don't care for the fash wash cream.

Popular Bar